PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Battlefield 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-26-2011, 01:53 PM   #91
savok1

tt savok1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I find it funny that EA keeps releasing stats about how many people have preordered the game and yet it never occured to them to prepare their servers to handle the volume of players that preordered????
Well that's EA lol it's ashame we Xbox users can't rent ranked servers like on the pc version.... Helps with the supply and demand... EA won't pay to have Hundreds of servers with no future income from the game for ever... Will they?
Old 10-26-2011, 02:01 PM   #92
Cee Reno

I feared it was going to come to this, all these complaints about EA and their servers. I would think (and small hope) that after the FIFA 11 debacle they would learn but no. Thing is that the Dead Space 2 servers (also run by EA) are utterly flawless even though hardly anyone plays on them.

I'm not going to cancel my preorder but if this and everything else turns out to be true I have a lovely deal/trade in waiting for other games if I don't like it so no buyers remorse from me.
Cee Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:52 PM   #93
Vigor

vigor mortivore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Lets face it people, EA/Dice are in a tight spot because they do have to compete seriously with CoD.
It's nothing but the same complaint list where-ever I go.

So they can talk shit about CoD all they want but they drifted away from their own concept to copy clone whatever sells best and it's nothing but hype.

Predictions: MW3 will own this clown.
Vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:52 PM   #94
CIF

BloodngunsMrphy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk2007 View Post
OH, FYI...the patch for Xbox on day 1 was the HD content, not the patch for the PC I just mentioned.
Huh? Then what the hell was the texture pack for? Explain that....

Seriously have to laugh at complaints for online pass. This is in so many games now, and the main reason to play the game is MP/co-op. Yes, there should be a trial like for DS2, but still.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:46 PM   #95
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigor View Post
I can accept that inevitability to an extent, sales wise it's a given. I for one had pre-ordered both games.

But when infinite care package glitches, invulnerable God mode hax, aimbots, and modders with infection prestige lobbies start cropping up in MW3 on release day....I'll deal with EA's server issues and stick with Battlefield. I don't play games to pad some hacking douchbags stats. I play to have fun.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #96
Kraderic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAI JASON View Post
You donīt know the game and just because you read some bitching about things that can be done with a patch (server, connection, controll bugs), you connect the full version of the game with the beta...pointless.
Where did I say I correlated the full version of the game with the beta? I simply suggested I would put this game on my waitlist until I was convinced I should purchase it, which inevitably turned into a solid no. And the complaints brought forward in this thread were entirely deserved; EA had a beta for a popular release to test their servers, had adequate general knowledge of how many players were going to play online (3 million+ preorders) and still couldn't support their game with their servers (which I believe was the entire point of the beta, was it not?)

And if I recall correctly, I believe every one of their modern-shooter games' online component suffered from server issues for the first week or so; very unbecoming of a publisher who demands of Microsoft to use their own servers while not being able to adequately support their games. You'd figure they would have their shit together and learn from past experiences; not EA though. For a game that's been tossing insults at Activision for the past several months, claiming BF3 is going to knock them out of the competition, they sure aren't convincing. I believe this is what they refer to as "shooting yourself in the foot".

edit: Also, this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGPsaint View Post
There isn't an excuse for the servers failing, especially when you take into account that they ran the beta so that they could stress test the servers. EA is NEVER prepared for a launch and even after launch they continue to have constant server problems. I'm not a big COD or Halo fan, but honestly I never had server issues with any of their games from day one forward.
And let's not even start about how EA shafted all its PS3 players by promising to include Battlefield:1943 with BF3, then pulling the rug out from under them. That alone makes EA a shit publisher.

Last edited by Kraderic; 10-26-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Kraderic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:58 PM   #97
Dr Popodopolus

Dr Popodopolus's Gamercard

BATTLEFIELD 3 DOWN TO 83 ON METACRITIC.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-...critic-reviews

MW3 KILLER!! We should be hitting 95 AT LEAST!!! looooooooool

x360a Review for Red Dead Redemption: 89
x360a Review for Battlefield 3: 94

WTF.. I'm gonna let you finish.. but.. Red Dead is one of the best games of all time!! ALL TIME!!

Dr Popodopolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:25 PM   #98
The Carrot Cake Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAI JASON View Post
- online pass...please guys we discuss this EVERY F*CKING game. Buy the game, you get the pass, if you canīt bring up some money...stop drinking, smoking, party...if you wonīt do this, then stop playing games...i donīt have a lot of money, but i can buy 2 brandnew games every month without problems
Well said. If you can't afford to buy a new game then playing games shouldn't be a priority in your life. School and work should.
The Carrot Cake Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:30 PM   #99
ezekiel 08

ezekiel 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Popodopolus View Post

WTF.. I'm gonna let you finish.. but.. Red Dead is one of the best games of all time!! ALL TIME!!
Matter of opinion. I personally hated RDR3 and didn't even 100% it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Carrot Cake Kid View Post
Well said. If you can't afford to buy a new game then playing games shouldn't be a priority in your life. School and work should.
This.

I don't have any complains on BF3. I play on PC so there is no lag and there is 100's of servers to choose from, even 20 in the city I live in.

It's day one so nothing is going to be perfect. Just like all CoD's aren't until a year or more later (or still broken like they all are).

Completed Games [125] | Gamerscore Completion Rate [90.74%]

* retired gamerscore whore *
ezekiel 08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:36 PM   #100
newbsicle

zymotic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
BATTLEFIELD 3 DOWN TO 83 ON METACRITIC.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-...critic-reviews

MW3 KILLER!! We should be hitting 95 AT LEAST!!! looooooooool

There's only 9 reviews there. Most of the negative reviews are basically saying the single player is short and typical while the multi-player is the best of the year. What I would like to know is who's buying Battlefield 3 for the campaign?
newbsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:37 PM   #101
Ardivian

Dr Ardtagon's Gamercard
Has anyone had this happen to them yet? It's happened several times since playing multiplayer. Playing MP has also crashed my xbox twice so far. Single player = no problems.

Spread the word via Twitter/FB if you have. Thanks.
Ardivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:52 PM   #102
Sidish

Sidish's Gamercard
My complaints would be in the MP when I finally got in:
- Can't cook a grenade
- Time for the grenade seems too long
- This is the worst....In CQ as you're capturing a flag, the letter for the flag is huge and right in the middle of my screen...I can't see shit and then I get shot from anywhere. Even right in front of me because I can't see. I feel like Sesame Street is trying to help me with my letters. I know what it is...Go Away! Move it to the top of the flag for the letter and bottom corner of the HUD for the capture.
Sidish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:12 PM   #103
Hepnotik

Hepnotik's Gamercard
Quote:
They wont be owning anything unless they bring in vehicles, destructible environments, and larger maps with larger player limits, with more roles to play, and more ways to win than fragging other players.

MW2 may be more polished and refined. But it won't give you a war like experience, filled with many "oh sh*t!" moments, like Battlefield is.

basically, it cant own Battlefield if it's completely different than battlefield.
Hepnotik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:38 PM   #104
Juzt Skillz

Juzt Skillz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by schism35 View Post
Same here. My brother and I were trying to play a few together over my lunch break and we couldn't get a game going for the life of us.

I had no problems with getting a game to work alone though.
Looks better today we actually got 3 people in a squad for once! But it should be working all the time not just once in a blue moon.

We've evolved combat

We've finished the fight

We prepared to drop

We Remembered Reach

Good bye Halo.

Juzt Skillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:54 PM   #105
MurraytehSkull

MurraytehSkull's Gamercard
I beat MW2 on hard mode. I've died four times in the first few levels on easy.

First I was moving up subway cars, and got stabbed by a guy I didn't see, and instantly killed.

Then a rat bit my hand. I mashed the stab button but the guy just wrestled with it until i got shot. The next time a prompt came up for stabbing.

Next I kicked a car on some guys and the screen filled completely with light bloom.

Next I tried to get around the light, only to be instantly stabbed by another guy I didn't see.

I'm assuming stabs are BF3's version of invisible walls.

The game holds your hand with button prompts, but I'm still doing it wrong somehow.
Hardest easy mode ever.
MurraytehSkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:21 PM   #106
oO Triple G Oo

oO Triple G Oo's Gamercard
I'm not having any problems today, so I have no complaints.

oO Triple G Oo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:49 PM   #107
Kraderic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepnotik View Post
They wont be owning anything unless they bring in vehicles, destructible environments, and larger maps with larger player limits, with more roles to play, and more ways to win than fragging other players.
If CoD can outsell BF games considerably without vehicles, destructible environments and larger maps, it would suffice to say that MW3 will "own" BF3, especially considering how many fuck ups EA's had with this game's release, on Xbox and PS3 combined. As far as many are concerned, EA hasn't left the starting gates yet.

Quote:
But it won't give you a war like experience, filled with many "oh sh*t!" moments, like Battlefield is.
And that completely nullifies BF3 getting dominated by other games that don't offer as many "oh shit!" moments? No.

Quote:
basically, it cant own Battlefield if it's completely different than battlefield.
If it was completely the same as Battlefield, there wouldn't be any ownage to begin with, because they would practically be the same game. Not too sure what you were trying to say with this sentence.

Last edited by Kraderic; 10-26-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:50 PM   #108
AJ7

HOLY ****

Aircraft are terrible in this game. The controls have been made much more difficult to use over BC2 and I am instantly shot out by Stingers...I cannot even earn any god damn points to unlock flares.... SO stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:08 PM   #109
oO Triple G Oo

oO Triple G Oo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ7 View Post
HOLY ****

Aircraft are terrible in this game. The controls have been made much more difficult to use over BC2 and I am instantly shot out by Stingers...I cannot even earn any god damn points to unlock flares.... SO stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't use jets?

oO Triple G Oo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:18 PM   #110
newbsicle

zymotic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I'm not sure if it's lag or what, but I can't seem to kill certain people. Every game there's one guy who is completely invulnerable to any and all bullets. I will literally come up behind them, unload a ton of bullets, then get killed instantly. When this happens most of the time my death screen shows the other player with 100% health.

Another thing that really peeves me is vehicle and health regeneration. Why would someone choose to be an engineer if a vehicle fixes itself automatically, and why would someone be a medic if everyone heals in 20 seconds? Once I get to someone to drop health they're already good to go.

Last edited by newbsicle; 10-26-2011 at 10:28 PM.
newbsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:41 PM   #111
Demon Eyes Cain

Demon Eyes Cain's Gamercard
I can't play the game. The first cutscene loops over and over. I've reinstalled it and all. At least when Fallout New Vegas came out I could play it a little bit before it broke.
Demon Eyes Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:17 PM   #112
A DANCING EWOK

A DANCING EWOK's Gamercard
Multi-Player

I think its kind of retarded that the "Colonel" achievement is the sole item. Nothing like leveling ever 10 levels or something like Borderlands. Essentially you really don't have to do much work getting all the other on-line achievements (except for playing different types of games) because you will get all the other on-line achievements wasting your life doing multi-player. And of course there will be DLC content that will make this worse.

Bunch of poor bastards we are. Such suckers
A DANCING EWOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:18 PM   #113
A DANCING EWOK

I'm having a hard time not laughing at this because of the simplicity and truth to it! LOLZ

Bunch of poor bastards we are. Such suckers
Old 10-26-2011, 11:19 PM   #114
Kraderic
Banned User

Can't wait to play Skyrim.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:20 PM   #115
A DANCING EWOK

Why you idiot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraderic View Post
Can't wait to play Skyrim.
No one cares, really..... they don't
Old 10-26-2011, 11:30 PM   #116
AJ7

Quote:
Originally Posted by A DANCING EWOK View Post
HEY I CARE! kinda... a little... ok probably not.

but still i am sure skyrim will be neat.
AJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:37 PM   #117
Dr Popodopolus

Dr Popodopolus's Gamercard

Quote:
...cared enough to quote him and comment.

Dr Popodopolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:38 AM   #118
Kraderic
Banned User

Quote:
yet you provide the delicious irony in caring enough to reply to me? Lol.

ps: skyrim is GOTY. i'm from the future, so i know.

Last edited by Kraderic; 10-27-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:36 AM   #119
The Carrot Cake Kid

Quote:
MW3 is really nothing more than a map pack
The Carrot Cake Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:42 AM   #120
Benny34
Banned User

Quote:
...cared enough to quote him and comment.

umad bro??? lol thats what the pic shld say
Benny34 is offline   Reply With Quote