PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-27-2011, 01:47 AM   #121
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
The stupid hit detection is awful. You can't aim around anything in this game without your bullets magically hitting the rock or wall and not what you are clearly aiming at. Hell, on the damn second mission I couldn't shoot people through a staircase railing, but the enemies could and kill me.

What the hell DICE.

Oh yea and . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraderic View Post
Can't wait to play Skyrim.
ME NEITHER BROTHER.

11.11.11 FTW.

Last edited by Nevander; 10-27-2011 at 01:51 AM.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:35 AM   #122
Hairycleavege

Teammates are still morons

I love the game. I just wish I could be every class rolled into one. Except recon, cause snipers are gay. But teammates are still morons and you asking for ammo/health is still ambient noise to them. If you are assault, drop health and revive. If you are support, drop ammo god damnit. I am always dropping shit and reviving, but nothing from team mates. Also, if you dont know have to fly something, dont get into the damn chopper, jet.

The only thing that has happened to me so far that has pissed me off is that I got into a chopper full of people (stupid mistake) and we took off and immediately went upside down and we all crashed and died. And instead of going back into the spawn screen. I was stuck in some blue screen overlooking the battlefield.
Hairycleavege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:36 AM   #123
Sayonara1733

Liamneeson1733's Gamercard
I can't kill anyone with the defibrillator! Other complaints already covered by everyone else. Like losing connection to the EA servers mid-match.
Sayonara1733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:37 AM   #124
Sayonara1733

Liamneeson1733's Gamercard
I also am not a fan of leveling up each side's (Russian and American) guns separately. Huge inconvenience.
Sayonara1733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:48 AM   #125
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Infinite Mortars

I'm getting really annoyed at playing Rush games on Operation Metro where a few people sit back and bomb the M-Comm with Infinite Mortars. That's ridiculous.
tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:32 AM   #126
Gamerscore Gods

Gamerscore Gods's Gamercard
I'm sure its been said, but when I join squad rush with a full squad, I expect to play a 4v4 with all my teammates on the same team, not 2 on 1 and 2 on the other no excuse for that BS.
Gamerscore Gods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:46 AM   #127
newbsicle

zymotic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
This game is really pissing me off with all the generic snipers. I have to constantly play as a sniper just to move up because 80% of the other team is snipping at all times. If you don't snipe you CANNOT move up at all. What makes it worse is a lot of people hide behind paper boxes and they can see you but you can't see them.
newbsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:47 AM   #128
xbox360freak222

xbox360freak222's Gamercard
the only thing atm i dont like that the single play was way to short i liked it but longer and it would have being better
Old 10-27-2011, 04:08 AM   #129
FeatherbottomMR

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
what is with the lack of checkpoints in sp..... I get far on hard die and have to do the same shit over again.....
FeatherbottomMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:20 AM   #130
Duds911

Duds911's Gamercard
the random spawns in TDM in which the enemy has you in their sights right away=instant death AND most annoying of all is NO FUCKING QUIT OPTION inbetween games...they make you start another game and then quit it, assuming that it leads to a quit game rather than "im done playing"
Old 10-27-2011, 04:26 AM   #131
IceBlox

IceBlox's Gamercard
this game blows... goin back to gears
Old 10-27-2011, 04:42 AM   #132
CIF

BloodngunsMrphy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBlox View Post
this game blows... goin back to gears
lol enjoy the shotgun fest!

I really have very, very little problem with the connection so far and I got bots every time I tried to play Gears of War 2 online.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:50 AM   #133
helta_skelta

helta skelta990's Gamercard
multiplayer is shit in this one they did a better job in bad company and bad company 2 and the lack of local severs sucks

50,000 on 12/10/2009

70,000 on 09/06/2010
100,000 on 10/05/2011
123456 on 11/07/2012
helta_skelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:53 AM   #134
fastNcurious

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeatherbottomMR View Post
what is with the lack of checkpoints in sp..... I get far on hard die and have to do the same shit over again.....
Same. Also, hate the invisible walls. At least make debris fall behind me so I know I can't go back, or put a door there and then shut it after I'm through it.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:54 AM   #135
VheissuVII

Vheissu VII's Gamercard
I found the campaign to be good, but very short. It also seemed to be lacking... something. Can't quite put my finger on it.
I love the multiplayer though. Only complaint there is that the starting weapons differ between the two sides.
VheissuVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:25 AM   #136
pestyoverlord

I beat it on Hard but they really need to patch it with better checkpoints.
Sitting through a five minute cuts scene trying to get an on rails achievement is a pain in the ass, mind you there's no training whatsoever for the dogfighting part. Also - they need to make it easier to get that one.
pestyoverlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:14 AM   #137
Cee Reno

Well roll on tomorrow when I go onto MP as a lowly Lv1, only to get stuck into a US server where some sad act is already Lv8000 or something with everything unlocked. Just like in the Beta when some people had hit Lv45 within a day.

Then said server crashes after 5 minutes. Oh EA you amuse me so /sarcasm
Cee Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:41 AM   #138
Belvik

Belvik's Gamercard
The lag is ridiculous. And it's not just me, I was in a party with 6 other people in the same game (split in 2 squads). We all had lag spikes at the same time, and they were pretty frequent. Its a really good experience during the times when it decides to not lag though.

Belvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:18 AM   #139
Lichtgestalt

To be honest, Im starting to hate this game already after one Day. Hit Detection in Campaign ? WTF.. Online Lag, Mortar whoring, Connection Fails and a bit more lag. Will trade this for Skyrim or MW3 next Month, really disappointed.
Lichtgestalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:44 AM   #140
FamousLastX

FamousLastX's Gamercard
Just the fact that I suck at this game . I try and play smart, communicate..stick with my teammates...and then I still just keep getting killed from halfway across the map. Im sure ill improve with time but damn if the learning curve isnt brutal

edit: and the game after I posted this I got 3rd MVP. And the game after that 1st. Go figure

Last edited by FamousLastX; 10-27-2011 at 10:34 AM.
FamousLastX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #141
ZedChuva

ZedChuva's Gamercard

My bitching is solely confined to SP, since I haven't played MP yet, and may not. For the record, I am NOT A MULTIPLAYER FAN... just had to put that out there. I'm just assuming most bitching is about MP, cause 99.999% of BF fanboys only care about MP.

This game is garbage. Letdown of the year, no competition there.

Does it look great with the graphics upgrade add-on? Sure... usually, when you're not getting horrible glitches.

Is the audio good? Yea... when it's not going out of sync during cut scenes and glitching out all over the place.

The story is boring as shit, and not to mention that other shooter, and get called a fanboy (which I'm NOT, of either game), it totally rips from CoD on every mission. Like it or not, it does. Admittedly, setting a game in a fictional modern time using the middle east as a backdrop, it's hard NOT to draw comparisons to CoD.

For me, as I play (5 missions in), I can't wait to finish the campaign so I can get back to Batman. Honestly, I doubt I'll ever have more than about 200gs on this game. WAY too many points chewed up in MP... albeit justified, since they clearly ONLY care about MP. The next BF game should be MP only, that way, I won't waste another $60... fuck you EA.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:22 AM   #142
TheOneJat

TheOneJat's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedChuva View Post
My bitching is solely confined to SP, since I haven't played MP yet, and may not. For the record, I am NOT A MULTIPLAYER FAN... just had to put that out there. I'm just assuming most bitching is about MP, cause 99.999% of BF fanboys only care about MP.

This game is garbage. Letdown of the year, no competition there.

Does it look great with the graphics upgrade add-on? Sure... usually, when you're not getting horrible glitches.

Is the audio good? Yea... when it's not going out of sync during cut scenes and glitching out all over the place.

The story is boring as shit, and not to mention that other shooter, and get called a fanboy (which I'm NOT, of either game), it totally rips from CoD on every mission. Like it or not, it does. Admittedly, setting a game in a fictional modern time using the middle east as a backdrop, it's hard NOT to draw comparisons to CoD.

For me, as I play (5 missions in), I can't wait to finish the campaign so I can get back to Batman. Honestly, I doubt I'll ever have more than about 200gs on this game. WAY too many points chewed up in MP... albeit justified, since they clearly ONLY care about MP. The next BF game should be MP only, that way, I won't waste another $60... fuck you EA.
So you drop $60 on a battlefield game straight off the bat expecting a 20 hour storyline or what? Shooters like this are made for online, making them more than 6-8 hours long just isn't done anymore with COD / Battlefield. The content is all pumped into MP.

Reviews have been out since days before release stating the ease of the campaign and the length of it.

Last edited by TheOneJat; 10-27-2011 at 10:27 AM.
TheOneJat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:22 PM   #143
romans58snrsvd

romans58snrsvd's Gamercard
The controls feel heavy. REALLY heavy. Also in Rush if you kill someone while they're arming the charge it keeps the "arming" sound going which is incredibly misleading and distracting. All I've found to complain about so far. Servers produce the typical bullcrap I expect from an EA title.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:54 PM   #144
Hepnotik

Hepnotik's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraderic View Post
If CoD can outsell BF games considerably without vehicles, destructible environments and larger maps, it would suffice to say that MW3 will "own" BF3, especially considering how many fuck ups EA's had with this game's release, on Xbox and PS3 combined. As far as many are concerned, EA hasn't left the starting gates yet.
If having higher sales figure, is your idea of ownage, then you're right. And by that definition, Wii Sports owns both games combined. My definition of a game owning, is a game that I enjoy playing more.

I just dont see how a team deatchmatch style game can replace a higher scale war simulator with vehicles. They're two different experiences. And thats like saying, don't waste your money on Rage, because Portal 2 is a way better game.
Hepnotik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:03 PM   #145
Vigor

vigor mortivore's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIF View Post
lol enjoy the shotgun fest!

I really have very, very little problem with the connection so far and I got bots every time I tried to play Gears of War 2 online.

Gears of War 3 most likely.
Vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:06 PM   #146
IceBlox

IceBlox's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigor View Post
Gears of War 3 most likely.
yea i was talking bout gears 3
Old 10-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #147
Qavala

qavala's Gamercard
This game is fucking atrocious. Hated the beta, read the reviews and everyone was saying it's so much better. Well that's a lie it's still completely broken. A shooting game that's fucking impossible to aim. Terrible hit detection. VERY boring gameplay. More campers than cod. I actually fuckign despise this game. Never been more let down by a game release ever. FUCK THIS GAME. So dissapointed in DICE. Both the bad company games I played for 200+ hours and never got bored, they were incredible. How they went from that to this is such a shame. I hate cod, but I think, i'm afraid to say, I'll have to get mw3 and hope it's better than this. Honestly I think it will be. Very sad times for the battlefield franchise indeed. FUCK THIS GAME. Got it this morning, up on ebay tonight

Well, that was fun

Qavala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #148
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
It's Crysis 2 laggy bullshit all over again. Yay! Crept up behind some mortar guy, meleed him... and meleed him... and meleed him... and meleed him. Why isn't anything happening?! Then he jumps up and shoots me.

Same story with weapons, shot that crap out of someone, they turn around and hit me once. I heard they were supposed to have been working on lag issues. Yeah right! 2 days in and I'm already sick of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:45 PM   #149
thejester1888

thejester1888's Gamercard
is anyone still experience 'sway.' as in you take your hand off the controller and your guy is still moving, albeit very slowly. i could understand my controller but 3 of my friends are having it. any thoughts?
thejester1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:01 PM   #150
ZedChuva

ZedChuva's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneJat View Post
So you drop $60 on a battlefield game straight off the bat expecting a 20 hour storyline or what? Shooters like this are made for online, making them more than 6-8 hours long just isn't done anymore with COD / Battlefield. The content is all pumped into MP.

Reviews have been out since days before release stating the ease of the campaign and the length of it.
No, I was stupidly expecting something GOOD. I knew it would be short, but had hopes (again, stupidly) that despite the length, it would at least be enjoyable (that's what she said). A short campaign bugs me, but if it's good, I'll just replay it a bunch of times. This one... one time is enough. God awful. Halo Reach campaign was pretty long, but it also sucked so, for me it's all about fun and re-playability. And the end? WTF DICE? A fucking quick time button sequence? REALLY? Sorry to bring up "that" game again, but if CoD had done that, BF fanboys would be laughing and calling IW/Acti a bunch of idiots. Shit, if ANY shooter franchise were to do that, it would be unacceptable. Thus... unacceptable.