PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Dante's Inferno
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-18-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
eiVaL

Y0 MAC's Gamercard
the bullshit meter for this game goes up real fast halfway in...

im playing on "classic" what ever the hell thats suppose to mean in relation to every other game known to man which uses the word "easy"

first off the stupid "riding large creatures" parts are annoying and not fun. who ever came up with that deserves to rot in hell like the game's plot. i can kill the things in 2 swings of my blade yet it takes 10x longer cause it takes 10 minutes to turn this boat around an then try to figure out the right button to hit.

second, these maze/puzzles are ridiculous, especially if you're going for the collectibles in the later levels where they put them inbetween auto-checkpoints so if you die you gotta do way the hell back an get the stuff then try to get past the rediculously hard jumping/maze/puzzles parts without dieing

i went from thinking this game was pretty awesome, even better than God of War 3, which didnt have 1 bullshit maze/puzzle part till the every end when you gotta save the chick in the water tank, but that still pales in comparison to JUST ONE of the parts in this game from basically the halfway point thru the end, i still got 3 more levels according to blue glowing dude

P.S. ive been following this guy's guide and its pretty great, he gives commentary to explain all the locations of every collectable, rather than following 50 different text guides or 50 individual video guides rather than all in 1 like this guys

Last edited by eiVaL; 05-18-2010 at 07:43 PM.
eiVaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:01 PM   #2
Starstrukk X360A

Nerdcrest's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
It's honestly not all that difficult once you get the hang of it. Granted, when you first ride them it's difficult, but after a while it starts becoming a lot simpler.

After a few levels of hell in, I got the jist of it, and the second playthrough was amazingly easy.

Follow me on the internet:

Starstrukk X360A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:38 AM   #3
grim0187

Send a message via Yahoo to grim0187

grim0187's Gamercard
Sounds like someone needs to practice...

grim0187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
mchannon37

I MOOKIE I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You're playing on Classic, what parts are you having trouble with. I can't really remember any parts which are very difficult, but if you want to elaborate, someone can probably give you some advice. The only parts that were annoying for me were the falling ceiling part (near the Trials), and the first time I tried to get some of the "vines" wall running. If you make sure to do 2 passes to get momentum, it's pretty easy.

Yes, I played Avatar, I’m not proud of it, but whatever, if you’re on this site, chances are you did too, or have seriously considered doing it, so :-P
mchannon37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:38 PM   #5
The Geass Lord

YODA GANSTA's Gamercard
Angry ???

There are really no puzzles, the only thing that comes close to it is turning those pillars of crumbling gold which is easy enough for my 10 year old brother to do. Also, what is so annoying about riding on huge beasts that make you invincible and you can 1 hit really anything? Oh that's right nothing.
The Geass Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #6
sparhawk909

The biggest bullshit moment of the game is during Greed, where you have to pull the lever to open the spiked mouth. You jump down and open the main lever to pull the gate up. Then you have to dash forward, do a double jump and then pull yourself up the ledge. 95% of the time you're not fast enough and the gate's teeth touches your character doing the pulling himself up animation as the gate comes down. Every time I'm at that point on a playthrough, I waste half an hour.

Last edited by sparhawk909; 07-04-2011 at 03:56 PM.
sparhawk909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:22 PM   #7
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
well my "wrong opinion" meter is going crazy....

This game was alot of fun...I enjoyed playing it.

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:42 PM   #8
DangerousHabits

Good and Bad

Every game has it's ups and downs.

The story is awesome, and the characters intense.

Then, it goes downhill...

The level design is gawd aweful. If a game is going to be linear (meaning not free-roaming i.e. Zelda) then the level design needs to be unique, lush, and detailed. Any linear, playforming game that wants to be halfway decent needs to take notes from Enslaved: OttW.

Pick this up as a rental, but stear clear of full purchase price unless you're desperate for achievements.
DangerousHabits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:40 AM   #9
satanslove22

NightAngel 90's Gamercard
i honestly dont see how you were having trouble on classic and i for one loved this game.the story was good and imo the only thing that really got on my nerves is the trials of st lucia achievements for the EA ones.

9/17/12-Reach 100,000
I've Brought You A Gift30 Defeat the Soul Arbiter
satanslove22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #10
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Classic in this game is probably the easiest difficulty AI ever conceived. I usually go through these kinda games with no strategy/planning, and still never died. I can't imagine anyone having trouble with anything in the game(though the final boss is a little annoying)
Old 12-18-2011, 06:53 AM   #11
xxDAMRONxx

xxDAMRONxx's Gamercard
Yea I'm with the general consesus of everyone else here:

Great game
Classic is Super Easy
Maybe You should Practice
Old 12-27-2011, 03:27 PM   #12
spyronos

spyronos's Gamercard
This game wasn't that hard, but man did it blow wind. For a GOW clone it was certainly the retard of the bunch
spyronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:43 PM   #13
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyronos View Post
This game wasn't that hard, but man did it blow wind. For a GOW clone it was certainly the retard of the bunch
Did you just call this a Gears of War clone? Really?

Old 12-31-2011, 03:35 AM   #14
French_Kid

Decepticog72283's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
Did you just call this a Gears of War clone? Really?
lol...I think by GoW...they meant God of War...hence the GoW lol

easy to confuse though since this is an xbox forum and all

sig by Refined Suicide

custom lancer skins by me!
BETA Tested: Gears of War 3, Gotham City Impostors, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Hybrid and World of Tanks
French_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:05 PM   #15
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by French_Kid View Post
lol...I think by GoW...they meant God of War...hence the GoW lol

easy to confuse though since this is an xbox forum and all
ahhh...thanks for the clarification.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:24 PM   #16
raidenhardcore

raidenhardcore's Gamercard
I like this Game however I suck at stupid puzzles where I keep getting stuck and have to look for a guide or else I cant continue which is really annoying and I quit halfway since it gets very repetitive also
raidenhardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #17
Graivul

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Got to say I was perplexed by the Gears Of War confusion. I have just hired this from Love Film and I am intending to start playing tonight, when I saw that post I wondered what the friggin hell I thought the game was going to be like ?! Glad it is a God Of War reference instead.....makes more sense now....need to lie down...my head hurts lol

Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #18
WooliestRaptor

Wooliest Raptor's Gamercard
I thought riding around on the large creatures was pretty cool. Especially the guy with the crown, because you can aim that fire-breathing destruction.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:51 AM   #19
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I played through the game on Infernal but at the final battle i changed it to classic. It wasn't too hard it was annoying. I spent thirty minutes damaging the Deciever but his health was not even close to halfway. I changed it to classic and beat him in five minutes. The beast riding was fun. I actually liked this game. The only things i didn't enjoy was the characters, the final boss fight (fighting The fallen one was incredibly bad writing because we knew he couldn't die from Dante.) Beatrice was written out to be a sex slave so i didn't care about her. I enjoyed the first few levels but then the train started slowing down after that. It only picked back up on the final level. I didn't like how you could absolve evil people as i felt that wasn't Dante's call. The ending was really bad.

All in all I have heard there will be a sequel. If there is then i will rent it first. This game was not worth 60$ (I'm glad i got it for 10-17$)

Proud Fallout Elder Master. I have 100%ed, including dlc, Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I have also made a guide for Fallout 3, many moons ago.

Thank you Slaughter for the signature.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:55 AM   #20
fvkasm2x

Y2Kasper10's Gamercard
I have no clue what the op means. Especially on classic mode. Lol

My Games for sale on Ebay (or here):
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/251858037197?...84.m1555.l2649
Gamerscore earned by year-
2010: 4,925
2011: 16,283
2012: 18,012