PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > The Cursed Crusade
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-27-2011, 08:00 AM   #1
Etach

Etach's Gamercard
Worth the hassle?

Hey all, ive watched the "ambitions trailer" and it looks like an "assassins creed" style of game (which is a good thing!..) But then ive checked out afew threads in this forum and seen people are having issues with the chapters loading and afew achievements being buggy and what not.. Now to my question, for the people whom have got 1000 on this game (or had issues), is this worth the purchase as it looks like a decent game, or should i just avoid this?
Old 10-27-2011, 01:34 PM   #2
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etach View Post
Hey all, ive watched the "ambitions trailer" and it looks like an "assassins creed" style of game (which is a good thing!..) But then ive checked out afew threads in this forum and seen people are having issues with the chapters loading and afew achievements being buggy and what not.. Now to my question, for the people whom have got 1000 on this game (or had issues), is this worth the purchase as it looks like a decent game, or should i just avoid this?
Even without the bugs and game breakers, it's utter shite. It's not even a fun button masher, it's just rubbish. Utter dross.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:37 AM   #3
Trucido

Argead's Gamercard
I have to agree. I am extremely dissapointed in this game and have encountered at least three different bugs that caused me to have to replay the entire level.

Gamertag: Argead

Last edited by Trucido; 10-28-2011 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Add Gamertag
Trucido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:07 PM   #4
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I thought the game was decent...

I wouldn't go around telling my friends to buy it, but I was also able to play through the whole game without getting sick of it (so its better than golden axe, beast rider in my opinion )

I liked that the history of 4th crusade was mostly factually correct.

I was lucky and didn't experience any serious bugs, only the sound being set to 0 whenever I returned to the game, and on the odd occasion when lifting a gate one of us was left on the other side in the animation (though we both ended up on the right side)

I loved that while the game has co-op, it doesn't have a single co-op based achievement

I disliked having to play the game twice for all its achievements.

I hated the ending.
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by SpinelesS; 10-31-2011 at 02:24 AM.
SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:44 AM   #5
Current Value

Etach's Gamercard
Now that ive just racked up 100 hours on skyrim, i think im gona wait till another 100 hours has been spent on skyrim, then i may consider this game, as it will probly b going for 10 buck by then, haha :-)
Old 07-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Don't skip this game, it's quite fun if you have a co op partner to play with. I think it's quite underrated.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #7
Death Metal Jim

Death Metal Jim's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - bplayak   Staff Club - Kairi   Staff Club - Yunder   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
This game is decent but very repetitive. It's also incredibly easy, even on Nightmare mode. Unfortunately I had to complete it solo as noone wanted to pick up the game for the coop on my friends list. I'd recommend it if you see it selling for 15 dollars or less.
Death Metal Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:46 AM   #8
Voytek

xTMx Voytek's Gamercard
To anyone new looking at this: I just played through the game and didn't experience any game breaking bugs. For an easy achievement game, it's not the worst. Dialogue and gameplay is really cheesy though and sometimes just bad, but not as awful as games like Eragon. If you can get it cheaply, it's worth a try at least.
Voytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:54 PM   #9
KrazyJayzen

Krazy Jayzen's Gamercard
Well, I'm going to bit the bullet on this one and give it a chance since you guys don't give it a 100% avoid.

The demo was a little dicey, but I love my RPG games and I'm running out of options that I haven't played.
KrazyJayzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:56 PM   #10
abcdelm

Abcdelm45084's Gamercard
Just started this. After 3 mission of chapter 1 i can already say its one of the wórst games ive ever played. So regretting i bought it already. NO CHECKPOINTS TERRIBLE VOICE ACTING gameplay is boring as hell just pushing buttons and everyone dies no tactics at all. Camera is broken as hell and ive already encountered more glitches in 1 hour of this game than i have encountered after getting 1000 GS on most games. It was only 10 bucks but still isnt woth it. Id even rather give it Charity for the idiots in syria.
abcdelm is offline   Reply With Quote