PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-28-2011, 08:37 PM   #31
head0r Inc

AC Cloud Strife's Gamercard
The airwarfare ribbon is giving me rage, I am pretty OK by now with flying but i just simply can't kill anything. And if I am the chopper gunner... the pilot seems to be shit and we crash like after 30 seconds. It's annoying. Somebody who is good in flying and can help me / us out with it? Am close to giving up on that one.. -.-

head0r Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #32
MeonOner
Banned User

MeonOne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenolith666 View Post
Honestly there isn't.. if you have a friend to roll with, you be firing at and around an enemy and your teammate kills that person.. that'll earn you a suppression assist. I got mine on accident.
yea i was trying this with 2 friends on squad rush, i would shot my friend on the other team but when my other friend would kill him i would only get a kill assist. ;____;
this will probably be the last ribbon i get by chance.
MeonOner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:27 PM   #33
cerberus xii

cerberus xii's Gamercard
Quote:
me either.. i'm not that good.. but i'm not that bad either
If you watch that video, he gets nemesis kills when he kills them 5 times and they're called "Nemesis Victim"

You can test the 5 death theory by playing a conquest game that has 250-350 tokens and constantly running out and getting yourself killed. Record it or make sure to keep track of how many times specific people kill you. I'm confident it's 5 kills though.
cerberus xii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:30 PM   #34
cerberus xii

cerberus xii's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeonOner View Post
yea i was trying this with 2 friends on squad rush, i would shot my friend on the other team but when my other friend would kill him i would only get a kill assist. ;____;
this will probably be the last ribbon i get by chance.
More of your bullets need to be close to your "target" but miss for you to get a suppression. If your bullets only hit but someone else gets the kill or you die before your target is killed you will only get an assist.
cerberus xii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:49 PM   #35
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Most of the times I got a suppression assist would be I'd damage the enemy first, but then he'd move, I'd still be firing around him, then a teammate would drop him.

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:47 PM   #36
Barad
High on Life!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Any more tips for 6 air kills its really pissing me off..

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:53 PM   #37
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by himalaybarad View Post
Any more tips for 6 air kills its really pissing me off..
The only thing you can do is learn how to fly.. it wasn't easy in BFBC2 either. You can play the 2nd mission of the co-op campaign with a friend and practice flying the helicopter that way.

As for where the Jets spawn, they are normally "off" the map, when you die you have spawn points to choose from.. depending on the map (like Kharg Island, Caspian Border and possibly Operation Firestorm) there will be a spawn point for the Jet specificially.

Last edited by Xenolith666; 10-28-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:58 PM   #38
head0r Inc

Quote:
The only thing you can do is learn how to fly.. it wasn't easy in BFBC2 either. You can play the 2nd mission of the co-op campaign with a friend and practice flying the helicopter that way.

As for where the Jets spawn, they are normally "off" the map, when you die you have spawn points to choose from.. depending on the map (like Kharg Island, Caspian Border and possibly Operation Firestorm) there will be a spawn point for the Jet specificially.

I had 5 freakin kills and then the connection corrupted, am really pissed off atm bout this crap. Have 3000XP already in attack helicoptors, flying is not my problem, the problem is tthat the chopper gunner of mine always gets all kils.

The rockets of the pilot are freakin USELESS

Last edited by head0r Inc; 10-28-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:06 PM   #39
DamagedWill

Send a message via AIM to DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by head0r Inc View Post
I had 5 freakin kills and then the connection corrupted, am really pissed off atm bout this crap. Have 3000XP already in attack helicoptors, flying is not my problem, the problem is tthat the chopper gunner of mine always gets all kils.
My problem was that out of all my friends I'm the only one who can fly helicopters. The best thing to do is just focus on air units and hit them with heat seekers. When you lock on, wait a second or two and let them fire off their flares, then fire.

Norsharr Canals is a good place because those choppers can rip people to shreds with the miniguns if you're having trouble with air to air kills.

Can be real annoying. But just keep at it!

Also, anybody have any tips for the suppression ribbon? It's one of the only ones I need besides the win/completion ones.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:13 PM   #40
head0r Inc

I got the same problem, I am the only one who can fly the damn helicopter in my friendlist and the rockets of the pilot, like i said, are freakin useless.
Am trying it on Kharg Island with the viper.. atm having troubles cus i am always "locked on" and i dont even have so many flares to get rid of it!!!

Supression ribbon is best done with a buddy, just spray your fire around an enemy and let your friend kill him.

EDIT: I FINALLY GOT IT XDDDDDDDD
And i helped like 10 other ppl too to get it while i was trying to go for it -.-

Last edited by head0r Inc; 10-29-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:07 AM   #41
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
the air warfare ribbon is just impossible. there are too many heat-seaking weapons. i'm blown up everytime before i can even leave the ground. looks like my 100% is ruined all because of this ribbon.

i spent a total of four hours today working on this one ribbon and only have one air kill total. just never going to happen.
Mister Buds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:20 AM   #42
head0r Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Buds View Post
the air warfare ribbon is just impossible. there are too many heat-seaking weapons. i'm blown up everytime before i can even leave the ground. looks like my 100% is ruined all because of this ribbon.

i spent a total of four hours today working on this one ribbon and only have one air kill total. just never going to happen.
I spent 7!!!!!!!!!! hours today and then i finally got it. I repeated Isle Kharg Rush on the Attacker side over and over and over again until i got the kills with the viper. I got around 7000 XP in this freakin thing by now, ridiculous. Hate flying. Just keep on trying.. i know how hard it is -_______-

ps. try to be the chopper gunner, its more effective.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:40 AM   #43
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

Quote:
I spent 7!!!!!!!!!! hours today and then i finally got it. I repeated Isle Kharg Rush on the Attacker side over and over and over again until i got the kills with the viper. I got around 7000 XP in this freakin thing by now, ridiculous. Hate flying. Just keep on trying.. i know how hard it is -_______-

ps. try to be the chopper gunner, its more effective.
oh, that's a good idea. i'll try rush tomorrow. i played conquest all day today. it was just a nightmare.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:41 AM   #44
head0r Inc

Quote:
oh, that's a good idea. i'll try rush tomorrow. i played conquest all day today. it was just a nightmare.
I tried it too before going to rush, but it kind of sucked cus every side got the same amount of vehicles.. so yeah, rush on the attacker side.. plenty more of air vehicles, but still.. the defenders love the heat seekers..

Old 10-29-2011, 05:52 AM   #45
MediumMelanin

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

A Small Breeze's Gamercard

It's look pretty cool, from what I've read. Now a medal one would be nice too!

pixels
MediumMelanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:43 AM   #46
Predni

rasterloda's Gamercard
Squad Wipe, M-Com Defender and Nemesis are my hate Ribbons...

i played Squad DM over and over, in every Game 25-30 kills but never Squad Wipe or Nemesis

M-Com Defender is really ridiculous, only counts when arms planted. Any Idea how to get this? Camping on M Com comes to no sucess

regards
Predni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:58 AM   #47
DamagedWill

Send a message via AIM to DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predni View Post
Squad Wipe, M-Com Defender and Nemesis are my hate Ribbons...

i played Squad DM over and over, in every Game 25-30 kills but never Squad Wipe or Nemesis

M-Com Defender is really ridiculous, only counts when arms planted. Any Idea how to get this? Camping on M Com comes to no sucess

regards
M-Com Defender seems very situational. I camped the M-Coms and managed to just get two on Grand Bazaar. Any tips?
Old 10-29-2011, 09:07 AM   #48
Ace IIXII

Ace IIXII's Gamercard
The Mcom defender bonus is only acquired while they are planting the bomb. I've tried shooting them before and immediately after, it only pops while they are planting.
Ace IIXII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:56 AM   #49
Barad
High on Life!

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
So for the Combat Efficiency Ribbon do you have to get three 8 kill streaks in one match or just one 8 kill streak?

Old 10-29-2011, 12:56 PM   #50
head0r Inc

I really don't know.. it say 3 streak bonuses.
I don't know why "8 kills" should be 3 streak bonuses?

In my opinion you have to do this e.g.:
7 kills with carbine: Carbine streak bonus ribbon
7 kills with PDW: PDW streak bonus ribbon
4 kills with Handgun: Handgun streak bonus ribbon

That, IMO, would be 3 streak bonuses which should unlock the ribbon for you. Don't know if that is correct.

Anyways, is there a way to detect enemy explosive? It's the last ribbon i need and i can't freakin find any explosives gosh.

Old 10-29-2011, 01:57 PM   #51
Barad
High on Life!

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Just got it I can confirm its a simple 8 kill streak, not sure how it means 3 streaks but as soon as I got my 8th kill I got the ribbon.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:07 PM   #52
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Guide has been updated with confirmations on Combat Efficiency pin and the Nemesis pin (which I did last night). Guide is 99% finished. just some fine tuning left. thanx for all the input!

Old 10-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #53
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

Quote:
Anyways, is there a way to detect enemy explosive? It's the last ribbon i need and i can't freakin find any explosives gosh.
try playing one of the conquest maps that has tanks. a lot of people have found out about the AT mine glitch and like to plant them outside the main deployment area where the tanks spawn. i jumped in a tank on siene (?) crossing and shot at line of them someone planted and got the ribbon.

i way overslept today. time to go try that helicopter shit again
Old 10-29-2011, 04:00 PM   #54
head0r Inc

Quote:
try playing one of the conquest maps that has tanks. a lot of people have found out about the AT mine glitch and like to plant them outside the main deployment area where the tanks spawn. i jumped in a tank on siene (?) crossing and shot at line of them someone planted and got the ribbon.

i way overslept today. time to go try that helicopter shit again
there is a glitch with them??
I am trying it on the peak level.. the tunnels should be full of them, sadly i am always in the wrong team LOL!..

good luck^^

EDIT: Got the achievement finally, found 2 c4 in the tunnels, yay so happy

Last edited by head0r Inc; 10-29-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #55
tehapoc

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
At a certain level, you gain a perk that increases the rate of suppression. Probably useful towards gaining the ribbon.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:48 PM   #56
Predni

rasterloda's Gamercard
Any Ideas / Tipps for Nemesis Ribbon? Which Mode etc pp
Predni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:50 PM   #57
Dan2102

Dan2102's Gamercard
Can someone explain exactly what I have to do to get a squad wipe bonus? Do I have to kill the entire squad without dying twice? Do I just need to kill the last player in their squad left alive?

Other than the surveillance ribbon this is the last one I need.
Dan2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #58
Barad
High on Life!

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2102 View Post
Can someone explain exactly what I have to do to get a squad wipe bonus? Do I have to kill the entire squad without dying twice? Do I just need to kill the last player in their squad left alive?

Other than the surveillance ribbon this is the last one I need.

I got it earlier in a squad deathmatch game. I think I killed every player from every squad, died then did it again. Thats my best guess as I was getting 12+ killstreaks anyway but hey I could be wrong.

Old 10-29-2011, 06:14 PM   #59
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

You just have to wipe out an opposing squad twice.. best done on Squad Rush (where I got mine) and kill each player on the enemy squad twice. It doesn't need to be a streak, or done in 1 life. I died a few times and still got it.

As for Nemesis.. probably best on Squad Rush and just rape face.. gotta kill 2 people 5 times each.

Last edited by Xenolith666; 10-29-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:59 PM   #60
Dan2102

Dan2102's Gamercard
Quote:
You just have to wipe out an opposing squad twice.. best done on Squad Rush (where I got mine) and kill each player on the enemy squad twice. It doesn't need to be a streak, or done in 1 life. I died a few times and still got it.

As for Nemesis.. probably best on Squad Rush and just rape face.. gotta kill 2 people 5 times each.
Are you sure? I've just played about 4/5 games of SDM, I've scored fairly high in each of them , I even got 25 kills in the last match and I still haven't got this ribbon.
Dan2102 is offline   Reply With Quote