PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-29-2011, 07:04 PM   #61
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Pretty darn sure.. like I said, that's how I got it. There's no way to track it though, it's possible you only killed 1 guy on the opposing squad once.. and everyone else a fuckton.

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:13 PM   #62
Dan2102

Dan2102's Gamercard
Just went 27-7 and didn't get a single squad wipe bonus.

This ribbon is total wank.
Dan2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:15 PM   #63
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
wish I could offer more advice on it.. I didn't have a ton of kills the match I got it.. maybe 12 or 13.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:17 PM   #64
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i'm officially giving up on the air warfare ribbon. simply isn't possible with the amount of lock-on weapons everyone has. you can't even get off the ground before being blown to smithereens. the ar flares do absolutely nothing when you're locked on to. i also unlocked the heatseaking rockets which are complete garbage.

anybody that got this ribbon is very lucky. i wish i did it when the game first came out and people didn't have these unlocks. but now i'm just going to have to accept that i can't complete this.
Mister Buds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:22 PM   #65
Dan2102

Dan2102's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenolith666 View Post
wish I could offer more advice on it.. I didn't have a ton of kills the match I got it.. maybe 12 or 13.
No worries man, at least you gave me some help with it. I'll get it eventually if I put in as many hours as I did on BC2 lol
Old 10-29-2011, 07:23 PM   #66
head0r Inc

AC Cloud Strife's Gamercard
@Dan2012
My advice for you is to just keep on playing, the ribbon will come definitely with time. I am level 20 now and got the ribbon only 4 times, most of the time just simply while playing rush or conquest. Till you reached level 45 you will definitely have it, don't worry (if you are doing ok in the game).

@ Mister Buds
Well, i had the same problem yesterday, been locked on every damn second of the game. The pilot has some hard times doing the airwarfare ribbon with the normal rockets as they are garbage + you also have other stuff to do like spaming flares and fly. The chopper gunner is the best choice, if you have a heli somewhere just jump in there and you will eventually get it with time, dont force on it if it's messed up like at the moment.. i know how hard it is myself. Like i said, dont even try to fly yourself as long as you have not enough things unlocked for the pilot seat as its only hard, its getting easier the time you get the guided missiles (which i also dont have tho). Don't give up on it, you still have plenty of tries until your reach level 45++. I can only recommend Rush for it as you have the advantage of sky control.

head0r Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:16 PM   #67
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
A good place for the "Stationary Emplacement Ribbon" is Kharg Island - Conquest. Jump into one of the Pantsir-S1 (looks like a huge box with guns sticking out in your spawn). You're pretty much invincible in that thing. Helicopters are easy pray. If you're lucky, the flyers will spot you and try to take you out. You can easily destroy them since you're invincible and they're not. If you don't get kills, you'll still get a lot of "Disable Vehicle" awards.
tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:53 PM   #68
Predni

rasterloda's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenolith666 View Post
As for Nemesis.. probably best on Squad Rush and just rape face.. gotta kill 2 people 5 times each.
The Problem by SQR is, only 20 Ticks

regards
Predni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:57 PM   #69
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predni View Post
The Problem by SQR is, only 20 Ticks

regards
True, but the odds of you killing 2 of the same people five times in any other game mode is significantly lower. Lot better to do it against the same 4 people than against 12.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:02 AM   #70
Zombiedrd

Zombiedrd's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Destroying 3 M-Comm stations is really hard. Most I've gotten was two, and that was pure luck, that the enemy were spawn camping and not defending. They wised up on the last one.
200,000-?
Zombiedrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:26 AM   #71
head0r Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiedrd View Post
Destroying 3 M-Comm stations is really hard. Most I've gotten was two, and that was pure luck, that the enemy were spawn camping and not defending. They wised up on the last one.
Try metro, it has 8 stations. Most got only 6. I got the ribbon in the beginning.. didnt even played for it, just normal playing lol

Old 10-30-2011, 10:12 AM   #72
Dan2102

Dan2102's Gamercard
Ok, after playing for like 4 hours trying (and failing) to get a squad wipe ribbon (Despite getting a boat load of MVP and Combat Efficiency ribbons) I'm almost certain getting a kill on the entire squad is not how this ribbon is attained.

If I had to make a guess at it, I'd say you need to be the person who kills the last player alive in their squad. I don't know whether or not a multikill has to be involved too or if you just have to get that kill. I suppose it could also be wiping out the entire squad in a short space of time but doing that twice in one match seems a little too difficult for a 200 point ribbon.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:41 AM   #73
yakuzzaa

II yakuzZaa II's Gamercard
played about 24hours ..... not a single squad wipe ribbon and yep im doin alright in that game ( KD 1.4 )

suggestions for the best method or gamemode ?
Old 10-30-2011, 11:38 AM   #74
Barad
High on Life!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Been playing for 3 days flatout and cannot for my life get 3 M-COM's destroyed, 4 M-COM's defended and 6 air kills!! Need serious help with these their the only ribbons I basically need.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:45 PM   #75
head0r Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by himalaybarad View Post
Been playing for 3 days flatout and cannot for my life get 3 M-COM's destroyed, 4 M-COM's defended and 6 air kills!! Need serious help with these their the only ribbons I basically need.
3 MCOMs destroyed:
Operation Metro and keep pushing. It's one of the few maps which actually 8 MCOMs, most of them got only 6 and as there are no vehicles it should speed the procedure up and give you more chances. B - B - A - A are the easier to blow up here.

4 MCOMs defended:
The canals map, the first MCOM in the house on the opposite site got a corner where you can hide pretty good. Just keep laying there with supressor and kill the enemy the time its planting a bomb. Sometimes they wont notice you, but sometimes they will. It's a bit luck tho. In the second wave of MCOMs you can camp either in the house as it let you have a perfect sight to the MCOM or just camp behind some crates for the other MCOM. I got the ribbon right here.

Airwarfare Ribbon:
Gave some tips here already, best thing you can do is be a chopper gunner in any rush attack map which offers you a attack helicopter.. best choice IMO is Isle Kharg.

Old 10-30-2011, 12:50 PM   #76
Barad
High on Life!

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Quote:
Originally Posted by head0r Inc View Post
3 MCOMs destroyed:
Operation Metro and keep pushing. It's one of the few maps which actually 8 MCOMs, most of them got only 6 and as there are no vehicles it should speed the procedure up and give you more chances. B - B - A - A are the easier to blow up here.

4 MCOMs defended:
The canals map, the first MCOM in the house on the opposite site got a corner where you can hide pretty good. Just keep laying there with supressor and kill the enemy the time its planting a bomb. Sometimes they wont notice you, but sometimes they will. It's a bit luck tho. In the second wave of MCOMs you can camp either in the house as it let you have a perfect sight to the MCOM or just camp behind some crates for the other MCOM. I got the ribbon right here.

Airwarfare Ribbon:
Gave some tips here already, best thing you can do is be a chopper gunner in any rush attack map which offers you a attack helicopter.. best choice IMO is Isle Kharg.

Ok cool. I didn't know Metro atually had 8 m-coms so will be playing there a lot today, I could maybe even get my defends there too then. Thanks.

Old 10-30-2011, 01:30 PM   #77
intheshallow

Send a message via AIM to intheshallow

intheshallow's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I am stuck with 3 ribbons at the moment.

Suppression Assists
6 Air kills
Nemesis

I still don't quite understand how to get Nemesis. I've read that you only need to kill 1 person 7 times. But on here it says 2 people 7 times. Either way, does it matter what the ratio is for killing someone 7 times? Say I kill him 7 times and he kills me 6 or something. Would that make a difference?

Currently Working On
:
Battlefield 4 & The Walking Dead: Season Two

On The Back Burner:

Rayman 3: HD

Giving up On:
Trials: Evolution &
Ninja Gaiden II
intheshallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:45 PM   #78
Barad
High on Life!

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by intheshallow View Post
I am stuck with 3 ribbons at the moment.

Suppression Assists
6 Air kills
Nemesis

I still don't quite understand how to get Nemesis. I've read that you only need to kill 1 person 7 times. But on here it says 2 people 7 times. Either way, does it matter what the ratio is for killing someone 7 times? Say I kill him 7 times and he kills me 6 or something. Would that make a difference?

I think you need to kill 2 different people 5 times each, not the same person twice after your his nemesis, thats how I got it if I remember right.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:12 PM   #79
BZBmax

BZBmax's Gamercard
nice!! I had trouble with some ribbons and now it is more clear. Thanks.
BZBmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:20 PM   #80
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Regarding Squad Wipe, perhaps the description if misleading for the ribbon, but if you watch this video on this thread: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=339149 he never receives a squad wipe ribbon (although it's edited)
I've killed an entire squad that spawned in front of me and didn't get a squad wipe. The only time I got it was playing in Squad Rush. Perhaps it does have to be closely timed kills.. but that seems a bit much.

Nemesis.. it's 5 kills.. kill 2 people 5 times each. I've confirmed that to work.

M-Com Defender: kill an enemy that is in the act of arming the bomb.. not before, not after. If you are in close proximity of a station, you will hear the 'beeps' when the station is armed.. then blast him!

Old 10-30-2011, 04:28 PM   #81
Dan2102

Dan2102's Gamercard
Well I finally got a wipe ribbon. Without trying, after 6 kills in a Rush game. If anyone is actively trying to get this ribbon I'd advise against it, just play and it'll come eventually.

Pretty sure it doesn't require you to kill an entire squad, only the last member that is alive. Effectively making this ribbon completely luck based.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:40 PM   #82
Zombiedrd

Zombiedrd's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I actually wiped out an entire squad, in 3 seconds. Yay for tanks.
200,000-?
Zombiedrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:31 PM   #83
Grohlvana

grohlvana's Gamercard
The best way to get the Nemesis Ribbon is to play on Narschal Canals (probably misspelled), and you have to be defending. Use the Mobile AA tank to shoot down all boats, helicopters and infantry as they try to come across the ocean, and more than likely they're going to have to arm at least the first four objectives so you can keep moving back and getting the new AA tank that spawns in the first three areas.

Just keep trying to kill people and sooner or later if you're lucky you'll get it like I just did, I got it around my 30th kill (I went 42/8). Good luck.
Grohlvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:11 AM   #84
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

does anyone have any tips for the suppression ribbon? i even tried boosting suppression assists and couldn't get a single one.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:14 AM   #85
Grohlvana

grohlvana's Gamercard
@Above

I did this one with my friend; he followed me and I would spot people, shoot around them, then tell him to shoot. For some reason on two separate occasions it gave me two suppression assists for one guy, so I ended up only having to suppress five people.
Grohlvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:35 AM   #86
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grohlvana View Post
@Above

I did this one with my friend; he followed me and I would spot people, shoot around them, then tell him to shoot. For some reason on two separate occasions it gave me two suppression assists for one guy, so I ended up only having to suppress five people.
what gametype would you recommend for that though?
Old 10-31-2011, 01:54 AM   #87
head0r Inc

I did it on Rush Metro with Random people. Just stay close to some of your team members and as soon as you see an enemy just shoot him.. and miss him lol. Let your teammates finish him off and you get the assisst, its pretty easy. Got it first try.

Old 10-31-2011, 03:09 AM   #88
AlexK1999

DiNAMiC II NOFX's Gamercard
Thanks for this, I was wondering why I hadn't got the Recon class efficiency ribbon and now I know that I haven't even been using the right piece of equipment!
AlexK1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:41 AM   #89
MeonOner
Banned User

MeonOne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
A tip or easy way to get the Suppression Ribbon (200 XP) In a round, get 7 Suppression Assists., play Rush and use the Support class and pretty much just spam bullets at the enemies since everyone is usually together you have high chance of getting a suppression assist by a team mate.
I found that it works better if you shoot around the enemy, cause it seems if you hit them it only counts as a kill assist
This was my way of doing it, and it helped my friends out.
MeonOner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:45 AM   #90
Koompbala

Koompbala's Gamercard
M-Comm Defense Tip (Really easy)

So basically what I did for this is certain levels have areas where no one goes to, but that is near the Comm station. So all I did is put C4 on the station waited in a area just enough away so no one will notice me but close enough to hear the beeps of the bomb being planted and bam detonate the C4 got this so quick and easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by head0r Inc View Post
Airwarfare Ribbon:
I second this I got this with a good pilot on rush. First time I got 5 kills couldnt make it to six cause the asshole gunner was taking all my kills. Also to add to this if you start off attackers make sure you leave squad so when it balances the teams out at the end of the game (cause people usually leave) you will be put on the other team since your in no squad and have another chance with the chopper since choppers only appear on attackers in rush.

Koompbala is offline   Reply With Quote