PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rocksmith
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #31
MooTrain

Larraque's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcFly View Post
For "Chordinated" I don't think it's possible to play Go With The Flow in a Chord Arrangement. The only options I see are Single Note and Combo.

I'm getting better with the Clapton song, but any other songs that may have easy chords?
I find High and Dry to be fairly easy.
MooTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #32
MartyMcFly

Ten 13 13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooTrain View Post
I find High and Dry to be fairly easy.
I'll give it a shot tonight. Thanks!

EDIT: Well I kept at it with both "Run Back to Your Side" and "High and Dry." What I found was basically that you have to hit 100% of the notes if you want to get over 100,000 RSP on those songs.

"Run Back to Your Side" turned out to be the winner for me since it's only 3 chords. It was just a matter of getting used to properly fingering the chords and switching when necessary. Guitar basics, of course.

I'm a noob, but I was proud of myself to learn the chords and rock that song for the achievement!

Last edited by MartyMcFly; 01-26-2012 at 07:18 PM.
MartyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:08 AM   #33
SoaringLlama

SoaringLlama's Gamercard
Musical Background

As many others are saying, this game is not an easy game unless you have experience with a guitar previously. On the other hand, it is a great introductory learning tool if you are not a very experienced guitarist, and it is highly recommended.
SoaringLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #34
DarkDragonMaster

dragonforcelord's Gamercard
adding to your guide, pause method no longer works for the Guitarcade achievements. Ubisoft killed it with thier Feb. 1st patch. if you pause it once it tells you that you will lose all progress if you pause again or something like that, it didnt bother me, ive been playing for about 10 years but still, for those who arent as fortunate as to be able to have that experiance it would have been a nice little trick for them to help with thier achievement progress.
DarkDragonMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #35
MartyMcFly

Ten 13 13's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDragonMaster View Post
adding to your guide, pause method no longer works for the Guitarcade achievements. Ubisoft killed it with thier Feb. 1st patch. if you pause it once it tells you that you will lose all progress if you pause again or something like that, it didnt bother me, ive been playing for about 10 years but still, for those who arent as fortunate as to be able to have that experiance it would have been a nice little trick for them to help with thier achievement progress.
I never tried the pause method, but my scores are no where near the achievement requirement. I'm a noob at the guitar (just started learning when I picked this game up a few weeks ago), but I kind of like making this legit now.

This game is intended for people to play actual guitar, therefore, there shouldn't be cheap video game-type tricks to achieve certain things. Rocksmith is for real guitar players. Let those who get the scores legit be at the top of the leaderboard. Some day I hope I can be up there.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:24 AM   #36
veener79

veener79's Gamercard
Just wondering has anyone tired to get the two player by having a guitar and a mic plugged in at the same time?
veener79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #37
MartyMcFly

Ten 13 13's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by veener79 View Post
Just wondering has anyone tired to get the two player by having a guitar and a mic plugged in at the same time?
The multiplayer achievement requires two of the Rocksmith cables and two real guitars.

If you own 2 guitars already, then you just need to pick up another cable. The achievement pops as soon as you load up a song in multiplayer, so you don't even have to play anything, but you can't start without having that 2nd guitar plugged in.

A microphone won't properly register.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #38
DarkDragonMaster

dragonforcelord's Gamercard
im actually happy to announce that me any my friend (he has the PS3 version) have used a PS3 and Xbox 360 cable and it actually worked. so multiplayer can be done through crosscables so if u got a buddy who has the PS3 version just get him to pop his cord into ur Xbox and it still works. thank god ubisoft made those cords generic
DarkDragonMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:17 PM   #39
MartyMcFly

Ten 13 13's Gamercard

Quote:
im actually happy to announce that me any my friend (he has the PS3 version) have used a PS3 and Xbox 360 cable and it actually worked. so multiplayer can be done through crosscables so if u got a buddy who has the PS3 version just get him to pop his cord into ur Xbox and it still works. thank god ubisoft made those cords generic
That's the best part of it! The cord is multiplatform and will even work for the PC when the PC version is released too!
Old 03-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #40
IronHeyd

iron heyd's Gamercard
figured a quick way to level up.

get comfortable with 4 songs that are mastered and just keep playing that set, youll get around 600k+ in like 20 minutes.

for me i use:
satisfaction (chords)
angela (single)
breed (i forget, its the one with solo)
go with the flow (chords)

If you have more songs youre comfortable with then add them so you get more points.
IronHeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #41
MartyMcFly

Ten 13 13's Gamercard

@Ironheyd: That indeed works best for leveling, but I'm cursing myself for doing it.

The dynamic leveler will eventually coincide with what Rank you are it seems. In other words, you keep playing those same songs all the time, and as you level up, some of the harder songs you haven't played will be leveled up already and require higher scores to unlock for events.

Then it becomes discouraging because you can't play along with those songs at a beginner's pace to learn them. This is where a difficulty selection would be helpful.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #42
IronHeyd

iron heyd's Gamercard
makes sense. there is somewhat a difficulty changer if you go into options you can reset all of the phases to what it was when the game first came out. ( dont know if it resets score though) i did it a while ago cuz my sister wanted to try but all the songs were to hard so i lowered it and everything was at 0 again.( except score, i believe)
Old 03-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #43
MartyMcFly

Ten 13 13's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronHeyd View Post
makes sense. there is somewhat a difficulty changer if you go into options you can reset all of the phases to what it was when the game first came out. ( dont know if it resets score though) i did it a while ago cuz my sister wanted to try but all the songs were to hard so i lowered it and everything was at 0 again.( except score, i believe)
Yea it keeps your scores so that you don't have to re-unlock all the pedals and qualify for events. But then you would have to level up every single phrase of every song.

I wish you could do that for songs individually, but it appears to be all or nothing. I don't want to reset everything, just the songs I haven't even played before that are apparently already maxed out.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:35 PM   #44
Narkaotik

narkaotik's Gamercard
Quote:
Sorry, but it still work. It will just cancel your leaderboard score, achievements can still be gotten with the pause method.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #45
dknight

Knighty1991's Gamercard
the only thing i'm struggling with is the harmonics challenge, now I know how to do harmonics, I've been playing guitar a few years, but the game won't register what i'm playing. My highest score on the harmonics challenge is like 2,000 haha

Anyone know why this could be happening?
dknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #46
IronHeyd

iron heyd's Gamercard
i believe if you play on the 19th fret instead of the 7th for harmonics they will register so if you use pause method and play on 19th fret it is fairly easy, this game mode was a pain in the ass cuz its hard to get it to register.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:01 PM   #47
LaneyOfDeath

LaneyOfDeath's Gamercard
Hey marty do boys dont cry by tje cure it easy enough. U should b able to do go with the flow though as chord arrangement
LaneyOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:44 AM   #48
julianportman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronHeyd View Post
i believe if you play on the 19th fret instead of the 7th for harmonics they will register so if you use pause method and play on 19th fret it is fairly easy, this game mode was a pain in the ass cuz its hard to get it to register.
But getting the 5th fret harmonics never works. I wish there was a matching fret for that harmonic. That challenge is annoying!
julianportman is offline   Reply With Quote