PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Saints Row: The Third
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-30-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Preorder from THQ if you want FREE Season Pass

Just a heads up to everyone. I was on THQ's site checking out other peoples' character creations when I took a look at their preorder page and it turns out that they offer a FREE Season Pass as well as the Professor Genki add-on. The Season Pass is guaranteed to be at least $20 of mission pack add-ons. Free shipping too. This is the only way to get the pass for free as far as I can tell. Otherwise, you can purchase the DLC separately later on. This is kind of like the Gears 3 Season Pass so I would take advantage of this since it's free! This is only for the standard edition (strangely, they don't carry the Platinum Edition on the site).

Here is the link: http://www.saintsrow.com/preorder

This was supposed to be exclusive to the first 3000 people that preordered on the THQ site but they went ahead and made it available to all THQ preorders after alot of feedback and confusion.

I just preordered mine and the total was $64.19 for the game (dur), Season Pass, Prof. Genki add-on and free shipping. Make sure you un-check the box for the digital back-up (costs extra) since that only concerns PC games and for some reason it is checked automatically.

This is not spam, just wanted to share what I think is a great deal and I didn't see this advertised anywhere.

BTW, the free shipping is 5-10 business days, however, after sifting through 25 pages of comments on their site, I can confirm that it will be shipped in time to get to us by the release day.

UPDATE: After further research, it looks like this may be a North America exclusive. If that turns out to be the case then I apologize for anyone that got excited about this that can't get it.

UPDATE 2: Here is some information detailing what is included in the DLC (I pasted this from the site)

"U.S. and Canada customers who purchase Saints Row: The Third on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, or PC platforms from the THQ Online Store will also receive the Saints Row Season Pass and FREE SHIPPING*! The Saints Row Season Pass includes the Nyte Blayde DLC pack and three downloadable mission packs (Genkibowl VII, Gangstas In Space and The Trouble With Clones) valued at more than $20. It’s all the Saints Row you can handle!"

Link to the page: http://store.thq.com/store/thq/en_US...ctID.226490200

Last edited by ColdSpider72; 11-09-2011 at 02:19 AM.
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
Aiden 514

Aiden 514's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun72 View Post
UPDATE: After further research, it looks like this may be a North America exclusive. If that turns out to be the case then I apologize for anyone that got excited about this that can't get it.
You sir got my hopes up =(

If you send a friend request, please send a message saying you're from here
Aiden 514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:27 PM   #3
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Sorry. But it might be worth a shot. The info about it being NA exclusive was in a thread, not the official preorder page, so try to order it and see what it says before you get to the payment screen. If it truly is NA exclusive then I'm sure it would block any outside addresses from ordering.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Did anyone take advantage of this? I see alot of views but no comments. With the big deal that was made over the season pass for gears 3, I would think people would be jumping on the chance to get a free pass for another game....(if they are already planning on buying all DLC for this game)
Old 11-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #5
Easter Bunny 00

Demigod Of Hate's Gamercard
The "Season Pass" they mention isnt actually a season pass at all, basically all it is is the first 3, of 40, upcoming dlcs they release, will be free to you. So basically, what you might be looking at is a Cheat pack, Some new clothing, and maybe a few new vehicles. It does say Mission packs, but that could maybe be one or two extra activities thrown in with those.

Im goin big anyways, and getting the Platinum Edition. :P

But honestly, i hate the gaming industry nowadays.. Back in the day, DLC meant that they actually finished the game, and they thought of some new things to add AFTER the game was completely finished and released. The gaming industry is just so greedy now. Most of the time, they half ass a game, and leave out a few things so they can call it dlc later on, to make a few more bucks off of. sometimes the game isnt half assed, but look at gears 3 :/ It was good in my opinion, but from what i hear, they already put a lot of the dlc actually ON the disc, but you cant access it until they say so, and if youve payed. Its just so crappy :/ what happened to the days where you could buy a brand new game on release date, have the game actually be good, and there be no word of Dlc for the game.

okay, my rants over. :P but im honestly sick this. Im getting Saints, Halo, Far Cry, and GTAV (Whenever that comes out, trailer REALLY surprised me and it looks damn good) and then im calling it quits with gaming. Im tired of having to shovel out $80-$100 to get the full experience out of a $60 game, half the time the full experience isnt even worth $40. Okay, rants officially over now. :P

Last edited by Easter Bunny 00; 11-02-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Easter Bunny 00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:09 PM   #6
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easter Bunny 00 View Post
The "Season Pass" they mention isnt actually a season pass at all, basically all it is is the first 3, of 40, upcoming dlcs they release, will be free to you. So basically, what you might be looking at is a Cheat pack, Some new clothing, and maybe a few new vehicles. It does say Mission packs, but that could maybe be one or two extra activities thrown in with those.....
Did you actually read my entire OP?? You are talking like they are trying to trick you into buying something that may not be worth it. There is no extra money being paid to get this. I cancelled my Gamestop preorder and got the game at THQ instead because they are offering the same content as Gamestop as well as $20 in free DLC. How is this in any way some kind of ripoff? You are complaining about what the content is when you even said yourself that it is mission packs. So why are you saying cheat packs and new vehicles?? And even if it is, who cares? It's FREE.

I was simply giving everyone a heads up in case they were going to preorder somewhere else and miss out on a much better deal. If you don't want to get free shit then don't. That is your perogative, however, there is no reason to come in here and slam the deal like it is some kind of ripoff. It is FREE with no extra investment outside of the $60 you were going to pay for the game anyway. Seems like a no brainer to me. You go ahead and 'stick it to the man'. I am gonna take the free shit.

The ironic thing is that you don't think this is valuable, yet you are buying the platinum edition just for some cruddy headphones that don't even work with the game.

Option 1: preorder at another location and only get the Prof.Genki add-on
Total investment: $64.19

Option 2: Don't preorder at all and get nothing but the game.

Option 3: Get platinum edition for headphones and no DLC(meaning this thread doesn't apply to you so no need to even post)

Total investment: $106.99

Option 4: Preorder at the website and get Prof. Genki, Free season pass ($20 of DLC) and free shipping.

Total investment with tax: $64.19

How can you possibly nitpick at that?
Old 11-02-2011, 08:30 PM   #7
FeJ

FeJ9's Gamercard
Im probably just buying mine through Gamefly. I'll have to wait a day to get it, maybe two, but IMO its worth the $20 in savings.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #8
Easter Bunny 00

Quote:
Did you actually read my entire OP?? You are talking like they are trying to trick you into buying something that may not be worth it. There is no extra money being paid to get this. I cancelled my Gamestop preorder and got the game at THQ instead because they are offering the same content as Gamestop as well as $20 in free DLC. How is this in any way some kind of ripoff? You are complaining about what the content is when you even said yourself that it is mission packs. So why are you saying cheat packs and new vehicles?? And even if it is, who cares? It's FREE.

I was simply giving everyone a heads up in case they were going to preorder somewhere else and miss out on a much better deal. If you don't want to get free shit then don't. That is your perogative, however, there is no reason to come in here and slam the deal like it is some kind of ripoff. It is FREE with no extra investment outside of the $60 you were going to pay for the game anyway. Seems like a no brainer to me. You go ahead and 'stick it to the man'. I am gonna take the free shit.

The ironic thing is that you don't think this is valuable, yet you are buying the platinum edition just for some cruddy headphones that don't even work with the game.

Option 1: preorder at another location and only get the Prof.Genki add-on

Option 2: Don't preorder at all and get nothing but the game.

Option 3: Get platinum edition for headphones and no DLC(meaning this thread doesn't apply to you so no need to even post)

Total investment: $106.99

Option 4: Preorder at the website and get Prof. Genki, Free season pass ($20 of DLC) and free shipping.

Total investment with tax: $64.19

How can you possibly nitpick at that?
Option 3: Yeah, i am getting it, so it doesnt apply to me, but id rather let people know, so they arent misinformed by you, that it isnt going to be a mission pack like it was in the second one. Its just going to be the first 3 dlc packs they release.

The headphones arent cruddy, and they can work with the xbox if you have the right adapter.

How do you know the DLC is going to be $20 worth. It could just be 3 160MS packs. Theyre releasing 40 dlc packs, how much do you honestly think theyll put into each one and how much do you think theyd really price them.

U mad, bro?
Old 11-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #9
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Quote:
Option 3: Yeah, i am getting it, so it doesnt apply to me, but id rather let people know, so they arent misinformed by you, that it isnt going to be a mission pack like it was in the second one. Its just going to be the first 3 dlc packs they release.

The headphones arent cruddy, and they can work with the xbox if you have the right adapter.

How do you know the DLC is going to be $20 worth. It could just be 3 160MS packs. Theyre releasing 40 dlc packs, how much do you honestly think theyll put into each one and how much do you think theyd really price them.

U mad, bro?
Misinformed?? I gave the public info about getting extra stuff for free with their game.....I got the information from the Saints Row website.
The information was confirmed by members of the team. It is guaranteed to be at least $20 worth. Like I said before...It's FREE so the fact that you keep harping on what is included makes you look ignorant and possibly legit retarded. Why don't you go have a look on their forum and stop trolling me. While you're there, copy a link to your 'information' because I have seen nothing that says anything about 40 DLC packs or what they are releasing in what order.

Actually, now that I see the 'U mad, bro comment', it makes it clear I am probably talking to a 13 year old so this is a waste of my time.

Last edited by ColdSpider72; 11-03-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #10
Vigor

vigor mortivore's Gamercard

Haha, 3 out of 40 dlc with the SP, if that doesn't sound like a shitty deal.
Vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:20 PM   #11
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

First of all, I don't know where he is getting that '40 DLC' crap as that information is not posted anywhere. EDIT: Ok, it is on G4TV( Which I never have bothered with), but not on THQ's site or even here.

Second, It is not 3 packs of random crap, it is 3 mission packs....worth at least $20

Third, guess how much extra DLC (besides Prof. Genki) you get with every other pre-order offer at other retailers? ZERO.

How is getting more stuff than everywhere else for no extra cost a shitty deal? Are you guys taking crazy pills?

Whatever.....do what you want. When the DLC starts coming out and everyone starts whining that they had to pay for it, I will be content with having it for free. I was just trying to help anyone that might be interested in getting a better deal than offered everywhere else. Apparently, the only people that want to post in this thread have no interest in this so I am done wasting my time.

Last edited by ColdSpider72; 11-04-2011 at 04:57 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:44 AM   #12
Blasphemy

Blasphemer's Gamercard
Yeah I'm getting the platinum edition. It's weird they won't give the pass on a better edition, they would make more money. I want to get it the day it comes out anyways. Wouldn't be able to stand watching everyone else play it while I wait.

Thanks for the info though.
Blasphemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:44 AM   #13
Axel Desade

CherryAvalanche's Gamercard
Quote:
When the DLC starts coming out and everyone starts whining that they had to pay for it, I will be content with having it for free.
I won't be whining because I can easily afford it. Enjoy your whole 3 DLC packs then join us in whining for the other 37.

Axel Desade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:38 PM   #14
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasphemy View Post
Yeah I'm getting the platinum edition. It's weird they won't give the pass on a better edition, they would make more money. I want to get it the day it comes out anyways. Wouldn't be able to stand watching everyone else play it while I wait.

Thanks for the info though.
From what is being bounced around at the forum there, it seems they are supposed to be shipping early to get them to everyone on time. Appreciate the appreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel Desade View Post
I won't be whining because I can easily afford it. Enjoy your whole 3 DLC packs then join us in whining for the other 37.
'I don't want 3 months free rent when I move in because I can afford it. Join us in whining for paying the other 9 months'. WOW......classic.

I won't be whining about anything because I don't plan on buying 37 packs of anything. I am just taking advantage of the free season pass and leaving it at that. Don't you have anything better to do than post in threads you have no interest in?? Your last post got deleted and yet you just couldn't resist coming back in here to antagonize me some more.

Last edited by ColdSpider72; 11-05-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:38 PM   #15
Easter Bunny 00

Quote:
'I don't want 3 months free rent when I move in because I can afford it. Join us in whining for paying the other 9 months'. WOW......classic.

I won't be whining about anything because I don't plan on buying 37 packs of anything. I am just taking advantage of the free season pass and leaving it at that. Don't you have anything better to do than post in threads you have no interest in?? Your last post got deleted and yet you just couldn't resist coming back in here to antagonize me some more.
Good analogy. but not really. 3 months rent would be wrong, maybe 3 WEEKS rent. Ill give you a C- for effort.

And my posts got deleted too. Did we make da wittle baby cwy?

And in response to Axels post, im with you there. Its not like these are gonna cost a lot of money, so its not going to be hard to afford them. And, I love saints, id rather pay for dlc and help contribute some money to the series, so they dont turn out like Red Faction did. *knocks on wood*
Old 11-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #16
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Quote:
Good analogy. but not really. 3 months rent would be wrong, maybe 3 WEEKS rent. Ill give you a C- for effort.

And my posts got deleted too. Did we make da wittle baby cwy?

And in response to Axels post, im with you there. Its not like these are gonna cost a lot of money, so its not going to be hard to afford them. And, I love saints, id rather pay for dlc and help contribute some money to the series, so they dont turn out like Red Faction did. *knocks on wood*
If you don't care then why the hell do you keep posting in here?

Geez, you try to do something good and share what you think is a cool offer with fellow X360Aers and all you get is flames for it. All you had to do was move on to a thread you actually have an interest in, but just like Axel, you seem to get off on wasting your time antagonizing other members for being nothing but helpful. You have been a member for over 3 years......what exactly have you contributed in all that time??

And as far as your posts go, I still see the same junk that was there before. I didn't say anything to anyone so if your posts were deleted than the mods must have seen something wrong with 'em. Don't blame me. But feel free to keep wasting your time in threads you could care less about. That in no way makes you look a troll.

Last edited by ColdSpider72; 11-05-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:35 PM   #17
Easter Bunny 00

Quote:
If you don't care then why the hell do you keep posting in here?

Geez, you try to do something good and share what you think is a cool offer with fellow X360Aers and all you get is flames for it. All you had to do was move on to a thread you actually have an interest in, but just like Axel, you seem to get off on wasting your time antagonizing other members for being nothing but helpful. You have been a member for over 3 years......what exactly have you contributed in all that time??

And as far as your posts go, I still see the same junk that was there before. I didn't say anything to anyone so if your posts were deleted than the mods must have seen something wrong with 'em. Don't blame me. But feel free to keep wasting your time in threads you could care less about. That in no way makes you look a troll.
All i did was try to tell you that you might not be getting the dlc you think youre getting. Then you start acting like a tard and freaking out, and you start saying my logic is wrong. So you arent being flamed for no reason, its because you act like an arrogant jerk when someone tries to clarify something.

And dont go to my posts, that doesnt have anything to do with anything. And i said NOTHING about contributing to x360a. I said about contributing to a game series that i love, by BUYING the more expensive editions, or by BUYING the dlc that comes out for it.

Its kinda funny, i seem to get along fine with everybody else on the Saints forums, except you. Axel, Crazy, Aiden, hell even Tenebrous. Then you come out of NOWHERE with useless information that all of us already knew (theyve been promoting that for at least 2 weeks before you posted that, way to come late to the party) and act like a jerk to Axel and I. Way to be a turd in a punchbowl.

Remember earlier when you said you were gonna stop posting here? please, do us a favor and leave.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #18
RuggersAssassin

Send a message via AIM to RuggersAssassin

RuggersAssassin's Gamercard

Well, I for one thank you. I will be pre-ordering it through THQ. 3 bonus packs for free is great, and it costs no more. So thanks, something free, is better than nothing. People on this thread need to stop flaming the OP. He's just trying to help. You guys are too good for free stuff then huh? Even if it's miniscule, saving $2 is better than paying it.

^Thanks to SeedyEvil for the Sig^
RuggersAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:28 PM   #19
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggersAssassin View Post
Well, I for one thank you. I will be pre-ordering it through THQ. 3 bonus packs for free is great, and it costs no more. So thanks, something free, is better than nothing. People on this thread need to stop flaming the OP. He's just trying to help. You guys are too good for free stuff then huh? Even if it's miniscule, saving $2 is better than paying it.
Thank you! Sheesh, I was starting to wonder if I was living in an alternate reality or some kind of opposite world. I had to put the other member on ignore and I have never had to do that in the almost 4 years I have been here.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #20
RuggersAssassin

Send a message via AIM to RuggersAssassin

RuggersAssassin's Gamercard

Quote:
Thank you! Sheesh, I was starting to wonder if I was living in an alternate reality or some kind of opposite world. I had to put the other member on ignore and I have never had to do that in the almost 4 years I have been here.
Haha yeah. Some people just like flaming others for an ego boost.

By the way, like the avatar. Cold and Staind are my favorite bands. I've seen them both live. Superfiction was a let down, but the old discogrpahy is still great. Scooter's still got the vocals. Just they sound too "pop" now in my opinion. Odd tuning it seems. Still love them though.

^Thanks to SeedyEvil for the Sig^
RuggersAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #21
Axel Desade

CherryAvalanche's Gamercard
I'll admit I may have been excessively rude. I can't say I regret it though, the internet's a rude place.

Axel Desade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:28 PM   #22
d0ct0rscarecr0w

d0ct0rscarecr0w's Gamercard

I love how everyone is still talking about the same post. you people realize that it's not just the trolls fault when everything goes up into flames... someone has to respond for it to even matter.

anyway let's get this thread back on track. It sounds like a great deal but I tend to not order video games online (I also already completely paid the game off anyway.)

If anyone from this thread happens to win make sure to post it here, be nice to see if someone from here actually gets it.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:39 AM   #23
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggersAssassin View Post
Haha yeah. Some people just like flaming others for an ego boost.

By the way, like the avatar. Cold and Staind are my favorite bands. I've seen them both live. Superfiction was a let down, but the old discogrpahy is still great. Scooter's still got the vocals. Just they sound too "pop" now in my opinion. Odd tuning it seems. Still love them though.
Yeah, I have had that since the Year of the Spider days. I hate the new stuff. The avatar stuck with me because I have used it as my avatar on Pokerstars....also how my GT came about. People kept calling me Cold or Spider at the poker table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ct0rscarecr0w View Post
...If anyone from this thread happens to win make sure to post it here, be nice to see if someone from here actually gets it.
It isn't a contest. The $20 pass is given automatically with every preorder. No strings attached.

It was a limited offer to the first 3000 to preorder but there was a lot of confusion and blowback so they went ahead and made it available to all preorders.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:55 AM   #24
d0ct0rscarecr0w

Quote:
It isn't a contest. The $20 pass is given automatically with every preorder. No strings attached.

It was a limited offer to the first 3000 to preorder but there was a lot of confusion and blowback so they went ahead and made it available to all preorders.
my mistake.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:23 AM   #25
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Here is some more info regarding what the DLC will be that is included for free with the preorder. I pasted this from the site:

"The Saints Row Season Pass includes the Nyte Blayde DLC pack and three downloadable mission packs (Genkibowl VII, Gangstas In Space and The Trouble With Clones) valued at more than $20. Itís all the Saints Row you can handle!"

Clothing packs, my ass!

Link to the page: http://store.thq.com/store/thq/en_US...ctID.226490200
Old 11-09-2011, 07:44 PM   #26
newbsicle

zymotic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
That's a good deal. For me though the whole point on pre-ordering a game is to get it on day one. On the website the quickest option is next day and that runs the price up to about $78.00 Why would I pay that when I can get the game for $60.00 on release at other websites + a $10.00 bonus?

Though I do want that dlc. I guess there's always EBAY!

Last edited by newbsicle; 11-09-2011 at 07:48 PM.
newbsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:17 PM   #27
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbsicle View Post
That's a good deal. For me though the whole point on pre-ordering a game is to get it on day one. On the website the quickest option is next day and that runs the price up to about $78.00 Why would I pay that when I can get the game for $60.00 on release at other websites + a $10.00 bonus?

Though I do want that dlc. I guess there's always EBAY!
Well, my game shipped today so I don't think that will be an issue. I didn't pay extra for shipping, it was free. If you ordered by Nov. 7th it is guaranteed for release day.

The free shipping is 5-7 days so I should have it before or on release day.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:31 PM   #28
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Actually, now that I see the 'U mad, bro comment', it makes it clear I am probably talking to a 13 year old so this is a waste of my time.
Yeah, I was going to ask him for a source on that 40 DLC packs comment, but then I saw "u mad bro" and immediately knew that he's just an idiot.

Anyway, I wish I had known about this sooner. It's a bit late for me to order and make sure I get it on Tuesday, so I think I'll stick with Amazon and 99 cent release day delivery. I've also got $20 off with the Gears 3 credit, so it basically balances out anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:01 AM   #29
Dazz

Dr Venkman07's Gamercard
Dammit, I already pre-ordered months ago from GAME
Old 11-10-2011, 02:01 AM   #30
d0ct0rscarecr0w

the 40 DLC thing comes from an idea the company had it was something about "40 days of DLC" I don't know the details but basically it was changes to the multiplayer one for each day for 40 days.