PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Major League Baseball 2K6
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-14-2006, 05:41 PM   #1
chknwang321

4 achievements in 1 game (*my tips*)

Ok, i have all the achievemetns accept the rob homerun one. I didnt do them all in one game, but here is how you can do them all in one game.

first go to management and roster. Then make all the batters and your starting pitcher's ratings all the way up. Make all the batters 100% everything. Ok next you pick your teams. It doesnt matter what team you go against, becuase the next step is to put a pitcher at every postion on their team accept at catcher. Look for the player on the team with the worst throwing arm and accuracy. And put him at catcher. And put their worst starting pitcher as the starter.

Ok, now it will be easy to get 15 strikeouts becuase your facing pitchers each time.

It will be a little easier to get 5 steals becuase the catcher has a bad arm. (this still isnt too easy)

And since all your batters are amazing now, just swing for homeruns each time, and you will get your 3 homeruns with one guy and you will get 20 runs. Easily. I got 3 homeruns with like 3 guys. and one guy had 4.
chknwang321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:25 PM   #2
CrazyCougar

Send a message via MSN to CrazyCougar Send a message via Yahoo to CrazyCougar

CrazyCougar's Gamercard
WOW! Sounds like a lot of trouble to get those achievements. I'll just play teams like Tampa Bay and Kansas City to achieve them instead..LOL! I got 2 in one game in my career mode against TB, so I am not 2 worried.
CrazyCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:45 PM   #3
chknwang321

Wasnt time consuming at all really
chknwang321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:49 PM   #4
pagan311

Come On Your A Noob, Do We Really Need You, To Tell Us To Change Game Settings, And To Fix Games

Come On Usefull Post.

The Gray F0x
pagan311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 08:09 PM   #5
Tron

erton's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Bright Idea   Rainbow Six Runner-up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth   Halo 2
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
i thought it was useful, however your flaming of him was not useful,

way to start your FIRST post off well..

Thanks chknwang321
Tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 09:43 PM   #6
BucklingLeader

Send a message via ICQ to BucklingLeader Send a message via AIM to BucklingLeader Send a message via MSN to BucklingLeader Send a message via Yahoo to BucklingLeader

Buckling's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
hes right, you really shouldnt be acting like that at all, especially on your first post, do it again and ill edit your post next time
BucklingLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 01:39 AM   #7
VINNY625

VINDEEZ's Gamercard
I can't even put 20 up against the marlins.
VINNY625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 03:36 AM   #8
SpideR NY

S0DA POPINSKI's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan311
Come On Your A Noob, Do We Really Need You, To Tell Us To Change Game Settings, And To Fix Games

Come On Usefull Post.

The Gray F0x
hey dick, get off our boards

Shooter of the moment - MW3 (sucks IMO)

RPG of the moment - Skyrim & Bastion

Game's I going for achievements in right now - None
SpideR NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 04:40 AM   #9
ocfp

OCFP gr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
this may not work since i got 3 homers and it didnt give it to me.

and 20 runs is hard. GOOD.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:42 PM   #10
CrazyCougar

Send a message via MSN to CrazyCougar Send a message via Yahoo to CrazyCougar

CrazyCougar's Gamercard
I got 17 K's against the TB Devil rays without doing this pitiful option...LOL! I am sorry but 15 K's should not earned, not handed to you.

As for the 20 runs, man this one will be tough.

Also, with exception to fielding, why would pitchers have terrible arms? They have better arms than most outfielder so I would think putting them in the OF would be a plus.
CrazyCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:21 PM   #11
AJJets107

AJJets107's Gamercard

Hey thanks for the tips that helped me out a lot. What button do you press to rob a home run?
AJJets107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:36 AM   #12
NizZ8

nizz8's Gamercard
thnx for the tips
NizZ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 03:46 PM   #13
Mr Arrow

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chknwang321
first go to management and roster. Then make all the batters and your starting pitcher's ratings all the way up. Make all the batters 100% everything.

When I make these changes (adjust the sliders) it changes the game setting from PRO to CUSTOM. Will this affect the achievements that call for completion on PRO setting?
Mr Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 03:49 PM   #14
Mr Arrow

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjets107
Hey thanks for the tips that helped me out a lot. What button do you press to rob a home run?
The manual says to push up on the right thumbstick to climb the wall, but I have not done it yet. Good luck!
Old 04-18-2006, 04:34 PM   #15
Tron

erton's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Bright Idea   Rainbow Six Runner-up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth   Halo 2
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
make sure you change the sliders under Management -Rosters - edit player... nowhere else..it does work...check difficulty when the game starts to make sure its not Custom and only play with one controller...

has been said alot i know, but there it is again.
Tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:56 PM   #16
Mr Arrow

erton,

Thanks for the clarification. I'll give it a go.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:14 PM   #17
Jaucko

Very useful
Jaucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 06:27 PM   #18
SharpShooterGrl

SharpShooterGrl's Gamercard
Thanks for the hints

Quote:
Originally Posted by chknwang321 View Post
Ok, i have all the achievemetns accept the rob homerun one. I didnt do them all in one game, but here is how you can do them all in one game.

first go to management and roster. Then make all the batters and your starting pitcher's ratings all the way up. Make all the batters 100% everything. Ok next you pick your teams. It doesnt matter what team you go against, becuase the next step is to put a pitcher at every postion on their team accept at catcher. Look for the player on the team with the worst throwing arm and accuracy. And put him at catcher. And put their worst starting pitcher as the starter.

Ok, now it will be easy to get 15 strikeouts becuase your facing pitchers each time.

It will be a little easier to get 5 steals becuase the catcher has a bad arm. (this still isnt too easy)

And since all your batters are amazing now, just swing for homeruns each time, and you will get your 3 homeruns with one guy and you will get 20 runs. Easily. I got 3 homeruns with like 3 guys. and one guy had 4.
Thanks for the hints. I think am going to try them.
SharpShooterGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:26 AM   #19
Jdm

Jdm7399's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 3   Bright Idea   5,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpShooterGrl View Post
Thanks for the hints. I think am going to try them.
^^^I also thank you! This game is by NO MEANS easy. I only got the Strikeout achievement before I read this thread and nothing else. Thanks again for the tips!

Facebook ME!
Old 03-08-2007, 04:21 AM   #20
soflyinMS

soflyinms's Gamercard
3 out of five of these are tough if you try it legit I have only gotten 14 srtickouts(so close)and ten runs(so far away).
Old 03-08-2007, 04:31 AM   #21
Shaaady Souljah

Send a message via AIM to Shaaady Souljah

Shady x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Doom Tournament - 2nd Place   Submit - Bronze
JDM & soflyinMS:

make sure you guys check the date of posts, before discussing out of date threads. no biggie, but keep an eye on that...
Shaaady Souljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:45 PM   #22
soflyinMS

soflyinms's Gamercard
I don't care about date of post.I just got the game and am looking at the post now.I feel I can put my input in now since I am just now playing the game.If this game weren't a sports game people would still be plaing it (halo 2).the only difference is this game comes out every year.me responding to this post is better than starting a new thread.just so the date will be new.explain to me why I can't respond to any post please!
Old 04-02-2007, 09:02 PM   #23
Dr Buttcrack

Yea, I just got the game in the mail from Gamefly about an hour ago, and after spending about 20 minutes to get all the rosters set up, I easily got the 4 achievements in 6 innings of my first game. Now, I'm playing against the Cooperstown Legends at PNC park going for the robbery. So, shouldn't take too much longer, and that's 1000 achievement points in 2 hours
Dr Buttcrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:56 PM   #24
J Lo

VictimOfDesire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I got three of the achievements. I tried to get 3 homeruns with one player by using the super bunt cheat but that didn't work to well. I guess I'm going to actually have to learn to swing.
J Lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 05:16 PM   #25
Graham31004

Send a message via AIM to Graham31004 Send a message via Yahoo to Graham31004

Graham31004's Gamercard
Thanks chknwang321. Those tips helped out a great deal. I would suggest using the Yankees (Even though i hate them) and pitch with Randy Johnson. Go into Management --> Roster and Edit Player and give Randy a Knuckleball. No player can hit that pitch. I got 23 strikeouts the first time I tried this achievement. Got all 5 in about 2.5 hours.

Another tip for the "Robbery" Achievement. Use the Twins and play your outfield deep (remember to change after every batter). Change the opposing hitters batting stats to max in the Management --> Roster settings. When you are trying to rob a homerun use the RS button (Right Joystick) and just press it up when it says RS on the screen. If you do it correctly he should rob the HR everytime. Make sure the difficulty settings are on Pro and not Custom.
Graham31004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:50 PM   #26
TuSeMorte

TuSeMorte's Gamercard

chknwang321 thanks for the setting it whould help when i go for these achievements.
Graham31004 thanks for the robbery tips i will try them when i borrow this game in the next few weeks.
TuSeMorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:31 PM   #27
Graham31004

Send a message via AIM to Graham31004 Send a message via Yahoo to Graham31004

Graham31004's Gamercard
Np bud. Hope it helps
Old 07-13-2007, 10:03 PM   #28
Guamon

Guamon's Gamercard
I will try your ideas out and hopfully they work. Thanks.
UNO, Dash of Destruction, NBA 2K6, NBA Live 06, NHL 2K6, NHL 2K7, NHL 2K8, Cars, Madden NFL 06, NHL 07, King Kong, MLB 2K6, College Hoops 2K6, Fifa 06 RTFWC, Fight Night Round 3, Fusion Frenzy 2, Superman Returns, 2006 Fifa World Cup, Madden NFL 08, NBA Street Homecourt, NCAA March Madness 07, Avatar, NFL Tour
Guamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:50 PM   #29
bobbyxxdigital

bobbyxxdigital's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tournament - Final 4   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Does not mention that in the guide.

I did not know to put the pictures at all the starting positions!!
bobbyxxdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:53 PM   #30
outlawplayer2

outlawplayer2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by chknwang321 View Post

Very useful thank you very much i was lost till you helped.
outlawplayer2 is offline   Reply With Quote