PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Metal Gear Solid HD Collection > Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-31-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
DerEnglaender

MakeMeACoffee's Gamercard
Turbo controllers

Does anyone else remember getting absolutely shat on by the button-mashing "strangling" section at the end of the game? I remember having to get a turbo controller playing on extreme just for that part.

Don't know if it was actually brutal or just being a kid.

DerEnglaender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:53 PM   #2
MC Kazoo

MC Kazoo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerEnglaender View Post
Does anyone else remember getting absolutely shat on by the button-mashing "strangling" section at the end of the game? I remember having to get a turbo controller playing on extreme just for that part.

Don't know if it was actually brutal or just being a kid.
As far as the first time I played it, it took some endurance but it was easily beat. Now, after experiance and age, it will be a piece of cake.

Looking for Otaku friends on XBL!
-_-R.I.P. mygamercard.net 2005-2011-_-

3DS FC: 0130-1836-9252
MC Kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
Im a Manatee

Im%20a%20Manatee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
The old trick on the ps2 controller was to get a battery and "rub" the button. I dont think thatll work very well on the 360

My Gamerscore is going on my grave.
Im a Manatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:19 AM   #4
DerEnglaender

MakeMeACoffee's Gamercard
i can remember pounding away furiously at that button and the oguage just draining like htere was no resistance at all. then with the turbo controller the guage actually stopped draining compeltely :O

on that note i remember ocelot in meta;l gear solid twin snakes (maybe also i nthe original cant remmber) breaking the fourth wall before the interogation by poiting at teh camera (player) and saying "no auto-fire or ill know"

DerEnglaender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:36 PM   #5
samsaBEAR

samsaBEAR's Gamercard
Now I might stand a better chance, but when I first played through on extreme, I tried so hard to do it legitly, and I probably would've given up had I not gone to my local video games store to ask whether they had any ideas. I had a dodgy looking third party controller (who didn't?) and fired that bad boy up, I was laughing from then on
samsaBEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:02 AM   #6
lowtek

Iowtek's Gamercard
I vaguely remember some kind of trick where you either look up or down while he's choking you and it makes it a little slower. I tried a similar trick to the battery, I used the end of a sharpie and ran it across the triangle button. You're right it might be harder on the Xbox, I haven't started extreme yet.
lowtek is offline   Reply With Quote