PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-03-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
AceSouthall

GoDx DarkAngel's Gamercard
Los Santos....San Andreas...whats next??

From the trailer we get Los Santos to which most of the things you see you remember from SA. On the number plates theres: San Andreas....but if the game was going to be set in JUST Los Santos then the number plates wouldn't say SA.
Also when has GTA every had just ONE island.

If you ask me I think this was just the FIRST trailer and there's more to come...

*cough* San Fierro and Las Venturas *cough*

It's just a guess but I hope this becomes reality....
Old 11-03-2011, 10:45 AM   #2
Archvile78

xRiBx Archvile's Gamercard
The first trailer for San Andreas also shown only Los Santos.

I don't see why they'd cut off San Fierro and Las Venturas, Just cause 2 by itself is an example of how big a map can be on just one disc. I'm sure all three cities will be there and possibly expanded.
Archvile78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #3
AceSouthall

GoDx DarkAngel's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archvile78 View Post
The first trailer for San Andreas also shown only Los Santos.

I don't see why they'd cut off San Fierro and Las Venturas, Just cause 2 by itself is an example of how big a map can be on just one disc. I'm sure all three cities will be there and possibly expanded.
If all 3 islands are back then this will be my most anticipated since the old SA :P CANT WAIT!
Old 11-03-2011, 11:19 AM   #4
ModernSith2010

demontweak08's Gamercard
I don't think we will have tatto's, gym's, etc this time as if the main character is the guy in the video he looks abit old for tattoo's and hittin the gym hard and bulking up, plus the mob type arn't well known for having tattoo's everywhere.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #5
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernSith2010 View Post
I don't think we will have tatto's, gym's, etc this time as if the main character is the guy in the video he looks abit old for tattoo's and hittin the gym hard and bulking up, plus the mob type arn't well known for having tattoo's everywhere.
The only hope we have there is this;

The white guy in the trailer (henceforth known as the "Vercetti" character) does show up a few times in the trailer; Leading the bank robbery, driving around in a car). However, the character in the red car (henceforth known as the "CJ" character, due to his skin colour and his trademark white tank top) is also seen a few times (in the car, escaping from the police in a car).

Most importantly though, a very similar "CJ" is running from the police on foot, but he has tattoos. Maybe this guy could be the character. Though, the trailer voice doesn't seem to fit. Still, it may be something to go on.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:24 PM   #6
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
Most importantly though, a very similar "CJ" is running from the police on foot, but he has tattoos. Maybe this guy could be the character. Though, the trailer voice doesn't seem to fit. Still, it may be something to go on.
For me he looks nothing like the original CJ. He looks more pale and to me Hispanic. I think if you pause at the right time he has a 'tash. Yes he's wearing a tank top, jeans and the worker boots, but I don't think it's him.

The other person you see in the car while the lady crosses the road I think is a normal NPC.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #7
demonizer_andy

demonizer andy's Gamercard
just a thought guys but the vercetti guy is in his 50's so if vercetti had a kid when he was 30 that makes the child 20 so could be his dads downfall n he gets dragged into it, tho the CJ character and the guy in red car seem 2 different people to me
demonizer_andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #8
Maff0

Maff0's Gamercard
yeah, i also think the whole ''vercetti'' part is possible, altough rockstar sayd that GTA 3/vicecity/san andreas/ characters are ''done'' i myself dont believe that very much. rockstar claimed many more things wich turned out to be false. ( if they were done, how come there is graffiti work of el burro and vice city in gta 4). i think that the old guy might be vercetti or associated with him. dont forget that ken rosenberg also played a part in gta san andreas, and when he was trying to call someone he accidently called ''tommy'' wich means that CJ could have meeted with tommy behind the screens. we also know that in SA claude speed also shows up. we might see all the old faces. we are probably also gonna see packie i think. at the end of BOGT you can see him getting on a plane. well who knows ! i just cant WAIT !
Maff0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:36 PM   #9
Andrewken

Andrewken's Gamercard
CJ is pretty rich by the end of San Andreas, he has no reason to be running from the police when he has/had many legitimate businesses, the triads, his own gang and Caesar's gang all on his side.
Andrewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:09 PM   #10
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Rockstars Official Announcement is out and it seems like it's only gonna be Los Santos.

"We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California."

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
...shame that it's a mad world.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:16 PM   #11
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Maybe the appearance of all known main characters.
Kaiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:19 PM   #12
Lord of Rage

Lord of Rage's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XoNiNjAlEoNoX View Post
Rockstars Official Announcement is out and it seems like it's only gonna be Los Santos.

"We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California."
I really hope they are only showing part of the game. In the first SA trailer we could only see Los Santos if I'm not wrong....

Lord of Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:28 PM   #13
StolenKyle/

Send a message via AIM to StolenKyle/ Send a message via MSN to StolenKyle/

KyleDDx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Rage View Post
I really hope they are only showing part of the game. In the first SA trailer we could only see Los Santos if I'm not wrong....
Yeah that's true, in the first release trailer for San Andreas they only showed the first town. But like the other older games they always have the other towns blocked off until you play enough missions to get by. So I hope when this game comes out, you can go where ever the fuck you want right when you start up the game a nab a car.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #14
MediumMelanin

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

A Small Breeze's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I really hope they include more islands, hell, it doesn't have to be San Fierro and Las Venturas, but man...it wouldn't feel right to just play in Los Santos, unless it becomes A LOT bigger than the original. Rockstar Games did mention "country side and southern California", so maybe we can visit the Marine Corps Recruit Depot! If not, there better be a military base.

pixels
MediumMelanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:38 PM   #15
ringmaster411

ringmaster411's Gamercard
I think some people may be forgetting how big the Los Santos Island/area was in SA. Not only did you have the city which by itself was bigger than Vice City's entire area, but you also had another 6/7 small towns with lots of countryside.

Remember that we've already seen things/places in the trailer that weren't included in San Andreas such as a full mountain range rather than Mount Chilliard & the Oilfields

If the game is set in los Santos alone i'll be more than happy, and i fully beleive it'll be plenty big enough.

ringmaster411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:52 PM   #16
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Same, don't want a huge empty island with no detail, as long as it all looks and feels good.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:28 AM   #17
CutePoison09

CutePoison09's Gamercard
I want all the islands i also want great costmization for cars a a lot of character options...hmm i might give rockstar games a ring
CutePoison09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:25 AM   #18
Jaffalpha

All this talk about San Andreas has convinced me to start up the PS2 and play through it again

San Andreas = Best game ever made. (IMO)
Jaffalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:25 AM   #19
GrimSovereignty

Send a message via Skype™ to GrimSovereignty

GrimSovereignty's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I would love for all the areas to be in GTA5 but if they aren't I can deal with it.
Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision? - Huey Freeman

GrimSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:23 PM   #20
Drewbles

Drewbles's Gamercard
Maybe they only showed one area because its not ready or maybe the other areas will be dlc.
Would be a big mistake not to include them. They have said though this place has been expanded.
Drewbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:10 AM   #21
quidyg

Send a message via MSN to quidyg

JJJarvis92's Gamercard
if the game is set in only los santos, hopefully DLC expansions are released taking us to san fierro and las venturas

100% Arcade:
Dash of Destruction

Working On:
Forza 3
Dead Space 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
quidyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:16 AM   #22
acdczombie

acdczombie's Gamercard
Just for everyone that keeps referring to it as a city... San Andreas is a state.