PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #31
BIGbivvie

Phil Bardsley's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviousD View Post
Got it last night trading it in today
Why? I don't understand stuff like this, you know what to expect from an MW game.

He turns to me, and he says, "Why so serious?".
Comes at me with the knife, "Why so serious?!".
Sticks the blade in my mouth, "Let's put a smile on that face."
Aaaand, why so serious?

BIGbivvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:47 AM   #32
Mother Beef

Mother Beef's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarr Steve View Post
How can anyone complain about small maps? Shipment, Dome, Rust, Nuketown, and Firing Range have all been incredible maps from the past CoD games...having every map like Firing Range...I can only imagine.

Of course, that's my personal opinion.
... you called Rust and Nuketown incredible maps... i have lost faith in all mankind.
Firing Range was brilliantly designed thus despite its size it had very few long clear lines of sights. It made it feel bigger than it was. These maps are much like just small maps, and they feel almost rushed, it lacks a CoD feel to them.

Mother Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:17 PM   #33
AnimusInfinito

EGSRantis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Beef View Post
These maps are much like just small maps, and they feel almost rushed, it lacks a CoD feel to them.
Agreed, plus all of the maps feel like direct rip offs of maps in previous games even the art assets look similar/the same.

Additionally the game balance is all kinds of screwed up. The first weapon you get for shotguns is the fully auto AA-12 which makes all of the pump action shotguns worthless (though that's mostly because the damage for the AA-12 is only 10% less than pump shotties yet the fire rate is 100% faster if not more so).

Also quick scoping has made an unfortunate return and one of the early bolt action snipers seems to be a one hit kill even to a limb.

Last comment is that the flow of the game seems a bit off. It feels like it's way more frantic than MW2 or Black Ops, almost like MW2 and Unreal Tourney had a crazy cracked out baby.

I used to prefer CoD and specifically MW over Battlefield but honestly after playing BF3 for the last two weeks then playing MW3 I'm not impressed. BF3 is buggy as hell but it's still more fun to play because the pacing feels better in pretty much every way.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:31 PM   #34
Lord

About 700 Fish's Gamercard
For me the maps feel too clutered and not a lot of thought has been put into them

Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #35
seahn

Send a message via MSN to seahn

seahn's Gamercard
MOTHER FUCKING CAMPAIGN CHECKPOINTS...

that is all...

seahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:41 PM   #36
seahn

seahn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGbivvie View Post
Why? I don't understand stuff like this, you know what to expect from an MW game.
as long as he is trading it in, and not taking it back demanding his money back. those are the people that drive me crazy, and i think should be given a note directed them to the door, and then google, as you should research your games before you buy them...

Old 11-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #37
upindat

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahn View Post
MOTHER FUCKING CAMPAIGN CHECKPOINTS...

that is all...

can you explain more?? i am fixing to start on veteran and was wondering if any damn infinte spawns or impossible parts??
Old 11-08-2011, 02:51 PM   #38
seahn

seahn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by upindat View Post
can you explain more?? i am fixing to start on veteran and was wondering if any damn infinte spawns or impossible parts??
i wont say impossible, just very frustrating... enough so to make me stop yelling at my tv, dogs, and furnature, to actually get on the bitching thread (something i rarely do) to bitch about it...

i too am playing on veteran, and although its not impossible, like i said, very frustrating...

less venting more info: several checkpoints spawn you directly in the path of oncoming fire, giving you near mili-seconds to respond. checkpoints either aren't registering all the time, or there are events triggered im unaware of.

OH, and yes, infinite spawns do seem to be present, but i find it different than previous CoD titles with the infinite spawns, in that instead of the huge pass you have to make past enemy lines to get here or there, where they are usually present, you get small little checkpoints where you just have to keep clearing and pushing... if that makes sense, hahaha

another warning, anytime you have to be mounted on something, it is a huge hassle... you definitely dont feel like a complete bad ass behind a .50 cal machine gun, until of coarse you finally survive, hahaha

EDIT: all that being said, im still really enjoying the game...

Last edited by seahn; 11-08-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:41 PM   #39
Twrs828

NerfTheSawedOff's Gamercard
Shotguns are absolute trash. Every other weapon, except maybe pistols, are more effective CQC weapons.
Twrs828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #40
seahn

seahn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twrs828 View Post
Shotguns are absolute trash. Every other weapon, except maybe pistols, are more effective CQC weapons.
i actually found pistols to be pretty shit, unless in HC, where its completely opposite, you will dominate with pistols on HC... as far as the shotguns go, my current experience with them i would have to agree, but seeing as i have only used the halo esqe shotgun (sorry, dont know the name of it atm, and it reminds me of the shotgun seen in halo) i cant justify myself saying shotguns are complete shit... for that matter i guess i cant do the same with pistols either seeing as ive only used a few, hahaha whatever...

(someone needs some sleep... but wont get it)

Old 11-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #41
Twrs828

NerfTheSawedOff's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahn View Post
i actually found pistols to be pretty shit, unless in HC, where its completely opposite, you will dominate with pistols on HC... as far as the shotguns go, my current experience with them i would have to agree, but seeing as i have only used the halo esqe shotgun (sorry, dont know the name of it atm, and it reminds me of the shotgun seen in halo) i cant justify myself saying shotguns are complete shit... for that matter i guess i cant do the same with pistols either seeing as ive only used a few, hahaha whatever...

(someone needs some sleep... but wont get it)
Yeah, I've been using the KSG-12 (which I believe is what you're referring to). According to the in-game stats, which are rarely ever accurate, it has the most damage out of all the shotguns. I can hardly one-shot people though, it's ridiculous.
Twrs828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:37 PM   #42
TheMasterSword7

TheMasterSword7's Gamercard
The amount of lag in the multiplayer is much worse than black ops. Hopefully, it's just because the game is new, but I am dying a full second after I go around cover. What makes it worse is that you die really fast (which I like) but the maps are so frigging small that there is no room to move around. Over 50% of my deaths in FFA have been dying when someone spawns RIGHT behind me. It's so hard to have good map presence when the spawning system is completely F'ed up.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:38 PM   #43
taologos

tao logos's Gamercard
Here's mine. I rented it, disc unreadable error. Got a new copy, disc unreadable error. I installed it on my hard drive, twice. Am I missing something?
Old 11-08-2011, 04:49 PM   #44
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
^^^

for the disc unreadable error, has you xbox done this before? or is this just now happening with MW3? thats pretty shady, especially if you installed to harddrive. not sure what your options are, other than keep trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterSword7 View Post
. Over 50% of my deaths in FFA have been dying when someone spawns RIGHT behind me. It's so hard to have good map presence when the spawning system is completely F'ed up.
ya i really hate when this happens. usually i will be on the perimeter of the map, checking one angle to make sure it is clear. then i turn to look down the other side, only to get shot from behind because they spawned somebody where i JUST took my sights off.

Last edited by niko da bos; 11-08-2011 at 04:52 PM.
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:13 PM   #45
Ripgore187

Meta critic user score give MW 3

2.8/10

GAME OVER
Ripgore187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #46
Meagan47

Meagan47's Gamercard
This is pretty minor but the fucking 5 second match timer at the beginning of EVERY round of Seach & Destroy. In every previous CoD it was only at the start of the match, not every round. I know 5 seconds is nothing, I just don't understand why it was added now. If it's for stability or something, cool.

Also, juggernaughts in multiplayer. What is up with that?! Other than that I'm enjoying it so far!
Old 11-08-2011, 06:42 PM   #47
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Cant turn off the music, a whole year till next cod listening to that looping inbetween games, it's gonna suck big time
Plus cant find any connection options (local, local only etc)
Of Course you can't turn the Music off and you have no connection options. Its infinity ward, and infinity ward is too good to add something so ridiculously simple as Separate Volume controls. Both World at War and Black Ops had Separate volume controls.

So much for having a headset, can't hear anything over the music. Not that it really mattered anyway. The sound Quality is terrible and Directional sound(Footsteps, Gunfire) is nonexistent just like the previous two modern warfare games. Its all just noise.

Bullet Lag is Back. Because its the Same engine and Net code used in modern warfare 2. Walk around a corner, up some stairs and around another corner, and get shot by some guy who's bullets chased you all the way. Stupid Host Balancing lag.

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan

Last edited by ZingZitang; 11-08-2011 at 06:47 PM.
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #48
nugget222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripgore187 View Post
Meta critic user score give MW 3

2.8/10

GAME OVER
Personally I would give it a 5/10 and that's me being genorous,multi player just didn't live up to the hype
nugget222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:34 PM   #49
MeonOner
Banned User

MeonOne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
For me I feel like on multiplayer the maps are all close to each other. you cant really control a specific area like in other CoD. Also you run reaaaaaaaally slow, as if your are carrying a horse for a gun. And i unno if this has happened to anyone else, but out of all my friends I played with last night it seems to only happen to me, no matter what gun i use I get a good amount of hit markers on the enemies and they dont die, I put a whole clip and nada, they turn around and kill me clean with a ump or a scar. It take forever for me to kill someone. And I think you take a lot more damage than you would usually take.
So far I am not a happy CoD player. I would rather keep playing my Battlefield 3.
MeonOner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:24 PM   #50
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingZitang View Post
ahh that sig makes all of your posts expand the width of the page. a scroll bar appears and the text rolls off the screen. not complaining or anything, it just catches me off guard when the sentence cuts off and i realize your post streches that far.

also i agree that the lag almost ruins the experience. not just for the deaths, but the simple fact of seeing my framrate change before my eyes. lol, sometimes i just put down the controller and sigh. and who doesnt love host migration? common its like the highlight of your day
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #51
LoneWolf1RNA

AHNOLDPumpsIRON's Gamercard
i honestly liked black ops better black ops has an awesome player card showing you what peoples stats are favorite guns and everything was so detailed killstreaks in mw are stupid chopper are in the sky all game and every assault is like a nuke blowing up the whole map ya cant even see how many caps u have in dom coulda had better perks think the layout coulda been more spreadout custom gun all the options are all stacked its really annoying prestige symbols are just boring
Old 11-08-2011, 09:18 PM   #52
SuperchargedNL

SuperchargedNL's Gamercard
I think it's funny how CoD-fanboys thrashed BF3 for being glitchy, while this game has just as much bugs.
The hitboxes in the game are crap, the bullet penetration doesn't seem consistent at all (bullets go through thick stone walls, but can't go through a thin sheet of metal?), I've had an enemy stuck in mid air (stuck in a walking cycle) and the overall AI of the NPCs is just ridiculous...

Now, just to be clear; I'm NOT trying to start another flame war about which game is better. Just pointing out that both games have their flaws...
Old 11-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #53
X monkfish69 X

Bumstink69's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
First night lag was terrible, some of the maps do seem very samey and also Deja Vu-like. Lots of textures seem to have been cut-and-pasted from MW & MW2.

Other those few small gripes, I like it. Not touched singleplayer yet, so can't comment on that... yet.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:55 PM   #54
angry grizzly

angry grizzly's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimusInfinito View Post
Also quick scoping has made an unfortunate return and one of the early bolt action snipers seems to be a one hit kill even to a limb.
Nice! The counter strike AWP makes its grand return! Seems about right ... This game is a 2008 redo.

$60 to get balanced MP... Something that could be done w a patch.
angry grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:59 PM   #55
syn201

run187's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterSword7 View Post
The amount of lag in the multiplayer is much worse than black ops. Hopefully, it's just because the game is new, but I am dying a full second after I go around cover. What makes it worse is that you die really fast (which I like) but the maps are so frigging small that there is no room to move around. Over 50% of my deaths in FFA have been dying when someone spawns RIGHT behind me. It's so hard to have good map presence when the spawning system is completely F'ed up.
That may explain why my bullets are not even wounding people yet there's a re kills me.only problem bar that I have with the game are the fucking dot watchers nobody uses there own skill .I am gona start firing me gun lieing in a corner next to a claymore just to see them rush the f to it..

Anyone using the terms "lad","swag","COOL STORY BRO" will be insta ignored..
syn201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:40 PM   #56
gregory1

GreenNPhilly's Gamercard
the game is exactly the same... period
gregory1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:46 PM   #57
Steel Stealth

TranceX89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
The thing I hate in multiplayer are the spawn points. Today I had a lot of this: Got spawned, run a few metres and get shot by a guy coming around corner or, even worse, behind me.

There is absolutely no balance in respawning. Especially in smaller maps. Itīs really annoying to get killed 5 seconds after you got spawned.

And to be honest. I personally think the multiplayer maps in Black Ops were better than MW3īs. In MW3 I donīt like the maps except for 1 and in Black ops there was only 1 map I didnīt ike.

Steel Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:12 PM   #58
Aerobillybob

Adam130298's Gamercard
It is undoubtedly a great game but so was (is) call of duty 4 and that was realesed in 2007. In 4 years i would love to say that they have come and long way and that the game has got a lot better. But i don't think it's much better which you would think in 4 years.
Aerobillybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:14 PM   #59
DODGETHIS86

Still waiting for my hardened edition to come in. Can't wait to see it for my self!
DODGETHIS86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:19 PM   #60
puressenceuk

PURESSENCE's Gamercard
The fact that the Elite Service is knackered with buggy log-ins and non working passwords. As per usual they are trotting out the usual "unprecedented demand" rubbish. Well surprise surprise, with 9 million pre-orders lots of people want to check out this feature Sherlock, and once again you haven't got the infrastructure to make it work properly at launch. Been trying on and off all night to log in so I can see if this is just a pointless feature or useful like Halo Waypoint, and so far not been able to log on at all.