PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham City
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Any real DLC planned?

Like new single player content or something? If its just map packs again im going to be dissapointed.

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY?

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:43 PM   #2
FlogginMcMurry

FloggingMcMurry's Gamercard
Nightwing is the first "original" DLC that has been announced.
Rocksteady did say that ALL pre-order exclusive content will become available as DLC. I believe this month we're also supposed to get the Batman skins and the Robin (for those who didn't purchase him with a pre-order or from an exclusive store).
This includes the Joker Carnival Map and Iceburg Lounge.

I would be surprised if they released any new story missions... as the Arkham City story has been told. There isn't much to do for expanding the story further, although I would like to be able to take Nightwing and Robin into the City.

I would also like to see more characters... Maybe Batgirl? I could see them releasing Joker further down the line... he was playable in PS3 versions of Asylum.
FlogginMcMurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:43 PM   #3
Gor1lla

gor1lla the one's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Nope, nothing official

Third in Germany to 1000 Batman: AA
First in Germany to 1000 Batman: AC
Gor1lla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:56 PM   #4
TheMarkOfPower

TheMarkOfPower's Gamercard
yeah because what a dissapointment nightwing dlc is, good idea lets play the same challenge maps through for a 4th time as another character! uninspired dlc achievemnts or what!
TheMarkOfPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #5
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlogginMcMurry View Post
Nightwing is the first "original" DLC that has been announced.

But is it not just him in the challenge maps[with a few news ones]?

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY?

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:02 PM   #6
Yaymez

Yaymez's Gamercard
No storyline DLC has been confirmed. Just the Nightwing stuff.

Retail 100%

Dragon Age:Origins + DLC, KoA:Reckoning, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fallout 3 + DLC, Assassins Creed, Assassins Creed II + DLC, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Lego Pirates, Dead Space, Dead Space 2 + DLC, Majin & the Forsaken Kingdom

Arcade 100%
Stacking, Beyond Good & Evil HD, Deathspank, Deathspank: T.O.V, Banjo Kazooie.
Yaymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #7
Kaz928

the last kaz's Gamercard
Posted this in another thread yesterday.

The Guardian ran an interview the other day with Sefton Hill the game director at Rocksteady Studios. When asked: "Any story-based DLC?" He smiled and replied: "I don't think I'm allowed to talk about that at this stage."

Source:http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...city-interview
Old 11-01-2011, 06:29 PM   #8
ofay

Nopunchespulled's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
I believe this month we're also supposed to get the Batman skins and the Robin (for those who didn't purchase him with a pre-order or from an exclusive store).
This includes the Joker Carnival Map and Iceburg Lounge.
They come out in December, where did you hear that the challenge maps were included with the skins?

Quote:
I would also like to see more characters... Maybe Batgirl?
She's already in the game
ofay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:20 PM   #9
OptimumJay

optimumjay's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofay View Post
I think he means the Batgirl after Oracle

OptimumJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:29 PM   #10
Seasick Pirate

Seasick Pirate's Gamercard
Quote:
Get real. We assume that statement was speaking of playable characters.
Having a playable Cassandra Cain would be great to see alongside who we have now.

That being said, I'm disappointed with Robin and Nightwing's implementation in this game. They should have been given another 5 Riddler Trophies per area as Catwoman did, along with a short 5-mission story.
One thing I enjoyed with Catwoman was revisiting defeated enemies as Catwoman to hear that conversation. It would be nice to see these interactions with Robin and Nightwing as well.
Seasick Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #11
Purge

Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Casandra Cain is awesome! I would love to play as her. Also, what's Robins real name in Arkham City? I'm assuming it's Tim..
It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you?

Purge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #12
OptimumJay

optimumjay's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purge View Post
Casandra Cain is awesome! I would love to play as her. Also, what's Robins real name in Arkham City? I'm assuming it's Tim..
Yeah it's Tim, says on his profile you unlock after meeting him

Old 11-01-2011, 07:55 PM   #13
ofay

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimumJay View Post
I think he means the Batgirl after Oracle
You can't have batgirl after Oracle, being paralyzed while batgirl leads her to be Oracle, therefore since Oracle is in game you can't have batgirl.

I don't think Cassandra Cain is in any of the universes where Barbara is still around but I could be wrong

Last edited by ofay; 11-01-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #14
Axel 360

axelquatripolar's Gamercard
Quote:
You can't have batgirl after Oracle, being paralyzed while batgirl leads her to be Oracle, therefore since Oracle is in game you can't have batgirl.

I don't think Cassandra Cain is in any of the universes where Barbara is still around but I could be wrong
Cassandra Cain not in the same universe???? Where was she, Omega-7????

Dude, there´s Barbara Gordon, first Batgirl (not first Batwoman), she get paralyzed and then Cassandra Cain comes around, and then there´s another one (can´t remember the name now) that was previously the first female Robin. All of them in the same universe.

Anyhow, this is ridiculous at this point since DC "reboot" (that is not a reboot in the right way of the word) pull out Alan Moree´s Killer Joke and now Barbara Gordon is Batgirl again.

Pretty confusing, but is DC, they haven´t been able to establish a logical continuity since their first comic more than 50 years ago. Another thing where Marvel beats them.
Axel 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #15
ofay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel 360 View Post
Cassandra Cain not in the same universe???? Where was she, Omega-7????

Dude, there´s Barbara Gordon, first Batgirl (not first Batwoman), she get paralyzed and then Cassandra Cain comes around, and then there´s another one (can´t remember the name now) that was previously the first female Robin. All of them in the same universe.

Anyhow, this is ridiculous at this point since DC "reboot" (that is not a reboot in the right way of the word) pull out Alan Moree´s Killer Joke and now Barbara Gordon is Batgirl again.

Pretty confusing, but is DC, they haven´t been able to establish a logical continuity since their first comic more than 50 years ago. Another thing where Marvel beats them.
By same universe I mean do they ever both exist in the same issues/know about each other. I realize I am using universe to its loosest meaning but its comic we are talking about here. Basically like having the first robin play robin in the game then talk to nightwing, which isn't possible since the first robin was killed off(or which ever two it was, but you get my point)

If you thought I meant one was DC and one was Marvel sorry for the confusion.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:57 PM   #16
joshua nash

joshua nash's Gamercard
Quote:
although I would like to be able to take Nightwing and Robin into the City.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasick Pirate View Post
They should have been given another 5 Riddler Trophies per area as Catwoman did, along with a short 5-mission story.
the above quotes(high edited down)are basically what i wish the robin and nightwing dlc were more like instead of just challenge maps which i will never play, heck i hardly played the challenge maps in AA cause the main story was far more interesting to me, anyway i'd have loved it if nightwing and robin actually got a proper story dlc that takes place after the main story campaign
Old 11-01-2011, 09:00 PM   #17
ofay

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua nash View Post
the above quotes(high edited down)are basically what i wish the robin and nightwing dlc were more like instead of just challenge maps which i will never play, heck i hardly played the challenge maps in AA cause the main story was far more interesting to me, anyway i'd have loved it if nightwing and robin actually got a proper story dlc that takes place after the main story campaign
Unfortunately it seems they are focusing on challenge rooms and not story for City. A real shame
Old 11-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #18
Rafie

RAFIE82's Gamercard
Is it me or did anyone ever hear Nightwing speak at all?
Old 11-01-2011, 10:45 PM   #19
Mispeld

SGT Mispeld's Gamercard
Ofay yes Cain and Gordon are in it together. Cain starts out as a runner for Oracal during the No Mans Land story line and it is her who gives the blessing for Cain to become Batgirl.
Mispeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:02 PM   #20
mickjsg

Gotta hate it when they try and sell us fake DLC.

mickjsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #21
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
Is it me or did anyone ever hear Nightwing speak at all?
he does'nt have a voice
xXmyxxmastaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:40 AM   #22
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I have to say this is some of the worst DLC I've ever seen for a game. The Catwoman DLC is the only decent one, since it has story missions and riddler trophies. If playing the challenges once with Batman wasn't frustrating and annoying enough, playing them 4 times, when they're all exactly the same? No thanks. Complete waste of time and achievements. Absolutely horrible choice of DLC for such a great game.
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:48 AM   #23
xXmyxxmastaXx

when is this going to be deal of the week? no chance in hell im paying 7 dollars for this shit
Old 11-02-2011, 01:49 AM   #24
Axel 360

axelquatripolar's Gamercard
Quote:
By same universe I mean do they ever both exist in the same issues/know about each other. I realize I am using universe to its loosest meaning but its comic we are talking about here. Basically like having the first robin play robin in the game then talk to nightwing, which isn't possible since the first robin was killed off(or which ever two it was, but you get my point)

Men, all Batgirl know each other. As Oracle, barbara as help Cassandra´s missions and so with the third one.

The first Robin was never kill, in fact, Nightwing is the first Robin. The one in the game is Tim Drake, and he know perfectly Nightwing and are close friends. The second Robin is the one that was suppose to be death, Jason Todd, which Robin outfit can be seen in batman comics as a reminder, but turn out to be alive and become an antihero with and awesome personality and a hatred for the Joker (since he kill his mother and was the one that "kill" him too) that made him use the name of a villain attach to the Joker, The Red Hood, since the most famous probable Joker past involves him disguise as The Red Hood (actually, that´s the past you can hear Joker talking about in the Hugo Strange Tapes you collect for getting Riddler´s Trophies).

I don´t know if I´m understanding the wrong way your messages, but I think you actually believe that not all of this character´s had co-exist and meet each other, but trust me, they had. Five Robins, Three Batgirls, One Batwoman, Azazel, The Huntress and even Man-Bat was a part of the Batman family before the Animated Series lead the character in the way is commonly know this days...and all of this without forgetting the horrible, hoooorrible, Bat-Mite

Axel 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:13 AM   #25
ShaggyB

ShaggyB's Gamercard
Quote:

nope batgirl and oracle are DC. Batgirl is Babs, then joker shoots her in the spine and she becomes Oracle. Casandra becomes the new batgirl. Then Cas quits and Stephanie Brown takes over (she was Robin #4 till she got killed.... before Robin she was Spoiler.... then after she dies she comes back as spoiler and then Cas tells her to be Batgirl). Now that DC has reset their universe, the original has been healed. She was still shot but she got better.

So technically they could do any.... but itd likely be Steph or Cas.

Currently Robin #5 is Damion Wayne. He is Bruce and Talia's kid. Tim is Red Robin. (one of the skins they gave him)
ShaggyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:12 AM   #26
OptimumJay

optimumjay's Gamercard
In a press release according to Kevin Conroy (Batman voice actor),

“The gaming now is a big, new thing. The thing about Arkham City is that it’s going to be an ongoing game. You’re going to be able to download future episodes of it, so it’s going to be going on for quite a while. I’ve been recording it for a while. So that will continue.”

Yay

Old 11-03-2011, 01:26 PM   #27
xXmyxxmastaXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimumJay View Post
In a press release according to Kevin Conroy (Batman voice actor),

“The gaming now is a big, new thing. The thing about Arkham City is that it’s going to be an ongoing game. You’re going to be able to download future episodes of it, so it’s going to be going on for quite a while. I’ve been recording it for a while. So that will continue.”

Yay
pinch of salt?
Old 11-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #28
OptimumJay

optimumjay's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXmyxxmastaXx View Post
pinch of salt?
I prefer to think of it as wishfull thinking

Old 11-03-2011, 04:47 PM   #29
Hektik2123

hektik2123's Gamercard
I'm a huge comic book fan and i think that batman, nightwing, robin and catwoman are good enough i couldnt see anyone else being in the game. unless you could play as a joker two face or killer croc

Hektik2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:43 PM   #30
mmartynn

Send a message via MSN to mmartynn

mmartynn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
i hope theres more than just challange maps, it might sound stupid but im bored of them.