PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham City
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #31
LordOdadjian

OdadjianActual's Gamercard
Lost City Extreme is an imbalanced map IMO. This is like the worst thing a video game company could have done. It's bad enough I have to punch three different armed henchmen. What's worse is that there are ONLY three armed henchmen, so if I knock out one of them by accident with the ceiling takedown, I have to re-start the map. Her lame detective vision makes it incredibly difficult to tell who has armour and who doesn't through the ceiling. Also, god forbid I ever get close to this medal and the last armed henchman I need to punch grabs the hostage. I would break my controller.

Can anyone confirm that you need only B-whip-stun and then punch them once for it to register? Or do you have to do a full beatdown? If it lets me stun and then punch just once that could make this medal easier...

Edit: nevermind i got it. Man these predator challenges bring out the worst in me.

Last edited by LordOdadjian; 11-26-2011 at 10:53 PM.
LordOdadjian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:04 PM   #32
Drucifer82

zI Drucifer Iz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You only have to hit them once, with an actual strike, so if you stun them with your whip, be sure to hit them first. I just do beatdowns for good measure.
As of 4/28/14 my Borderlands 2 trading post is officially closed. I am no longer boosting, trading, farming, etc on the Xbox360. I am entirely on the Xbox One now. If you want to play Xbox One with me, send a friend request with a message to GT zI Drucifer Iz (those are capital I's).

Drucifer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:17 AM   #33
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOdadjian View Post
Lost City Extreme is an imbalanced map IMO. This is like the worst thing a video game company could have done. It's bad enough I have to punch three different armed henchmen. What's worse is that there are ONLY three armed henchmen, so if I knock out one of them by accident with the ceiling takedown, I have to re-start the map. Her lame detective vision makes it incredibly difficult to tell who has armour and who doesn't through the ceiling. Also, god forbid I ever get close to this medal and the last armed henchman I need to punch grabs the hostage. I would break my controller.

Can anyone confirm that you need only B-whip-stun and then punch them once for it to register? Or do you have to do a full beatdown? If it lets me stun and then punch just once that could make this medal easier...

Edit: nevermind i got it. Man these predator challenges bring out the worst in me.
I think your miss reading the discreption you have to punch three different armed henchmen as in a henchmen with a gun which is all of them not an armoured henchmen.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:40 PM   #34
LordOdadjian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
I think your miss reading the discreption you have to punch three different armed henchmen as in a henchmen with a gun which is all of them not an armoured henchmen.
Stupid me! That map is suddenly a ton easier heheh. Hopefully that will help tons when I revisit the map for the campaign challenge.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:22 AM   #35
Drucifer82

zI Drucifer Iz's Gamercard

I updated Catwoman's TOTW Extreme with a guaranteed method to get the Caltrop trip medal. It's still a horrible run time, but less stress in that department.
As of 4/28/14 my Borderlands 2 trading post is officially closed. I am no longer boosting, trading, farming, etc on the Xbox360. I am entirely on the Xbox One now. If you want to play Xbox One with me, send a friend request with a message to GT zI Drucifer Iz (those are capital I's).

Drucifer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:58 AM   #36
LordOdadjian

Got my 1250 a couple of days ago. The videos were a huge help across all three DLC characters.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:35 PM   #37
Cee Reno

Yep, huge thanks to the uploaders, the TOTW map is a bitch of the highest order but done now.
Cee Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #38
Ratpelt

ratpelt's Gamercard
Legend. Well done.

Interesting how different people have different aptitudes. Most of the complaining I hear is over the Predator challenges, which honestly I find to be really rather easy, yet the Combat challenges are insanely difficult to the point of being almost impossible for me.
Ratpelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:03 AM   #39
Joel78

joel78's Gamercard
Try using the Dodge (A A) move a lot, I find when I am playing I use that a lot more than the Counter. Also if you're having trouble getting enough points use the X + A combo move when you can, if you're surrounded by a lot of enemie, as mentioned you can get good combo scores if you do that a lot.
Joel78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:12 PM   #40
DubIaught

DubIaught's Gamercard
Thank you I was having no problems with the combat maps but the damn predator challenge maps. Awesome videos helped me out a lot!
DubIaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #41
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratpelt View Post
Legend. Well done.

Interesting how different people have different aptitudes. Most of the complaining I hear is over the Predator challenges, which honestly I find to be really rather easy, yet the Combat challenges are insanely difficult to the point of being almost impossible for me.
Really? Jeez I wish I was good at the Predator challenges. The combat challenges were easy as hell for me with all four characters, but these Predator maps are really hard for me.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #42
Fire Hawk D

Fire Hawk GYJS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer82 View Post
Nightwing is very fluid, he's an interesting hybrid of Batman and Catwoman.
He was cool gadget-wise, but he seemed to "stop" when I used certain moves at certain times during Combat Challenges. It was weird and I was able to work around it, but it messed me up a couple of times.

Overall, though, I hated Catwoman. Predator Challenges were downright frustrating with her. While Nightwing's inclusion of too many "luck-based" objectives was annoying, it didn't beat how bad overall Catwoman was. Also, did anyone else feel like they were noticed more often as Catwoman over the other three?
Fire Hawk D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #43
ArmeniusLOD

ArmeniusLOD's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfEVILmonkey View Post
Really? Jeez I wish I was good at the Predator challenges. The combat challenges were easy as hell for me with all four characters, but these Predator maps are really hard for me.
I haven't started on Robin or Nightwing yet, but Catwoman has an easy button to rack up points like Batman. It's not as good as Batman's, but it can still get you those extra points you need. The move is the whip-trip + combo. Just build up your combo and fire this off in the middle of all the enemies and you'll get a lot of points. Batman can do the same thing, only more effectively with his + combo. Catwoman is so frustrating in the combat challenges because for some reason she is the slowest of the bunch.
ArmeniusLOD is offline   Reply With Quote