PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham City
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #91
Aidexx

Aidexx's Gamercard
Collecting all of those Riddler achievements is really a pain in the ass. I have the last Riddler achievement (Genius) left, but I haven't played this game for months: it just feels too much of work to solve the last riddles. I wish the next Batman is Riddler free and I'd much rather play MP sessions than those frustrating challenges. SP must come first of course, but there could also be MP...
Aidexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #92
Vicktacular

Vicktacular's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidexx View Post
Collecting all of those Riddler achievements is really a pain in the ass. I have the last Riddler achievement (Genius) left, but I haven't played this game for months: it just feels too much of work to solve the last riddles. I wish the next Batman is Riddler free and I'd much rather play MP sessions than those frustrating challenges. SP must come first of course, but there could also be MP...
I could not disagree more. I think Batman is a purely single player experience that would be ruined by multiplayer. Look at Bioshock, B1 was amazing with a story to rival any video game. B2 came out and failed in so many ways. The multiplayer seemed forced and was noting compared to the original game. I hope if there is to be an "Arkham World" then the only multiplayer mode we see is a coop mode (ex: Batman and Robin). I could see that being pretty good and addictive, especially because you could expand the maps and create a much larger number of enemies to go up against in predator challenges. The timing would need to be pinpoint between you and your teammate and would thus make communication key.

Now after that little rant I will say that the riddler challenges are exhausting. There are 400+ but really you find so many just playing through the game. Also, doing them in chunks and taking breaks makes them seem a lot less intimidating. For example, go into an area of the game and try to knock out everything in that building. Then take a break, be it 15 minutes or 2 days and take on another area. Doing 40-50 at a time will make them seem to go pretty quickly. Hopefully this helps and gives you the drive you need to take down the riddler! The final meeting with him is very....satisfying...
Old 04-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #93
sepulturas666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicktacular View Post
I could not disagree more. I think Batman is a purely single player experience that would be ruined by multiplayer.

You are right. I'm so glad Rocksteady get rid of the mp - as you sure know, at first they have plans for mp/co-op in AC.
sepulturas666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:20 PM   #94
Aidexx

Aidexx's Gamercard
I get your points and (partly) agree, but having a co-op mode would make those challenges a bit easier and more interesting to complete - at least for me. I will definitely solve all the riddles when I have some time; maybe after the release of the DLC and then it's time to start that new game+ mode.

Last edited by Aidexx; 04-14-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Aidexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #95
JeppeBoy

JeppeBoy95's Gamercard
I hate doing the challenges, not because they're that hard, but because when I fail I have to watch a 10 second cutscene of the riddler, then choose retry, wait 20 seconds, press start, wait ~5 seconds for catwoman/batman/whoever to fininsh talking, then retry.
JeppeBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #96
JeppeBoy

JeppeBoy95's Gamercard
Nevermind.

Last edited by JeppeBoy; 07-15-2012 at 02:18 AM.
JeppeBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:14 AM   #97
Refreshing 303

Refreshing 303's Gamercard
I HATE the DLC character achievements! Lazy cut and paste job, other than that the game is perfect.
Refreshing 303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #98
Kimitchiii

Kimitchii's Gamercard
I hate the buggy achievements...-_____________- that "unlock" to then "relock" themselves..

100%ed (including DLC):

20 Retails
10 XBLA
Kimitchiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:38 AM   #99
tonyr3dgrave

Tony R3dgrave's Gamercard
yeah this is a pain in the ass
tonyr3dgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #100
AliasDJA

Alias DJA's Gamercard
400 riddler items is nothing compared to how many flags you gotta collect for AC, AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations.

Granted - it is a lot to do, but its one of those "showoff" achievements. No real skill needed as they are all located, but it shows " yeah...i took the time to do this"

More endurance than actual skill.....if you want skill achievements, head over to Ninja Gaiden 2 - and go for Master Ninja ( like me :-)

G/T - Alias DJA
AliasDJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #101
Wortsenawl

wortsenawl's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I just hate the campaign challenges.

I can live with collecting the riddler trophies, riddles, etc. I love the combat challenges, I can just about bear the Predator challenges... but the campaigns, for the love of god I hate them. (That's mainly because having endured the Predator challenges, I am treated to more of the same).

Join Now!

Completed Games - [70] - Retail [54] - Arcade [16]:
**Most Recent**
Mafia II (all DLC)
LoTR: War in the North
Batman Arkham City (+CW DLC)
Track n Field
Secret of Monkey Island: SE
Dark Souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromiumDragon View Post
First, let me say...you deserve to be banned, mocked, and flogged to death with a bag of dicks.
Wortsenawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #102
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
^ I also hate the campaign challenges. I also hate the medal stuff. I was never a fan of it in the first game and I am not a fan of it in this game. I don't mind collecting the riddles, because I think they are kind of fun to try and figure out the puzzle.
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:49 AM   #103
Kimitchiii

Kimitchii's Gamercard
I'm just so annoyed cuz the "Communication Breakdown" keep unlocking every single time I start playing again (PC Version), and the "Lost and Found" as well as the "Mystery Stalker" never unlocked properly, it's kinda frustrating...

100%ed (including DLC):

20 Retails
10 XBLA
Kimitchiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:57 AM   #104
the thing23

the thing23's Gamercard
ya i really suck at all those things i cant even get one medal it pisses me off so badly lol
the thing23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #105
Wortsenawl

wortsenawl's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Combat medals are much easier in this game than the last. Just (x) strike, (a,a) evade, (x) strike, (a,a) evade and combo takedown when you get the chance. rinse and repeat.

Edit: The last Catwoman Predator challenge must have taken me three to four hours. I did manage to complete it three times in those attempts, but one of them refused to acknowledge the caltrop trip, then on another attempt, in a final beat down of the jammer guy after the final punch (for 2 x medals) catwoman deftly jumped into a mine as part of the animation... I did get to see the three medals pop before the Riddler mocked me.

Finally did it though... finally!

It really pisses me off how half the time the caltops have no affect; goons just walk through them or see them and kick them out of the way. The other half, when they do work my ground takedown doesn't seem to count as a medal.

Not looking forward to redoing it as part of the campaigns.

Join Now!

Completed Games - [70] - Retail [54] - Arcade [16]:
**Most Recent**
Mafia II (all DLC)
LoTR: War in the North
Batman Arkham City (+CW DLC)
Track n Field
Secret of Monkey Island: SE
Dark Souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromiumDragon View Post
First, let me say...you deserve to be banned, mocked, and flogged to death with a bag of dicks.

Last edited by Wortsenawl; 08-16-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Wortsenawl is offline   Reply With Quote