PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #61
turf90

S1K x H34d5h0tz's Gamercard
When i launch up the app on the xbox it says unable to connect to elite service or something has this happened to anyone else
turf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:04 PM   #62
locoloco

xXxLocoLocoxXx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy harris View Post
Just read it again and it mentions nothing about the difference between elite membership and elite premium membership as far as I can see. Why don't you enlighten me good sir?
www.callofduty.com/elite/whats-included.html#comparison

ENLIGHTENED!

Last edited by locoloco; 11-09-2011 at 04:06 PM.
locoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #63
xXFilifaXx

RoG Filifa's Gamercard
I have a question. I don't have the hardened edition but my grandpa bought Call of Duty Elite at best buy for like 50 dollars. Is that the premium membership/founder status?

"No more drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need" ~ Kanye West
"That part of me left yesterday, the heart of me is strong today, no regrets I'm blessed to say, the old me is dead and gone away" ~ T.I
"Struggle is the enemy, but weed is the remedy" ~ Kid Cudi

100% Completions

xXFilifaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:39 PM   #64
OBWON

LMFAO Winston's Gamercard
My Founder membership wont load ill try again in an hour
OBWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:25 PM   #65
JONBLEACH

Bleach x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBWON View Post
Try to log in on the site on my laptop and its still the ERROR 500 message.
Are u getting it to work? and how
Gamertag: Bleach x360a
JONBLEACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:31 PM   #66
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
anyone know when the iphone/android apps are gonna launch? thought they'd be available on the same day as the main elite site, but guessing they've had problems with them too.
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:06 PM   #67
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXFilifaXx View Post
I have a question. I don't have the hardened edition but my grandpa bought Call of Duty Elite at best buy for like 50 dollars. Is that the premium membership/founder status?
Yes. Just redeem the Token/Code onto your Xbox360 and you will be upgraded to Elite Premium and because you have become an Elite Premium member before the 13th you will be granted "Founder" status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBWON View Post
Theres no such thing as a Founder Membership, do you mean your Elite Premium? If so the Elite service is down atm. Keep checking the OP for updates.

Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #68
Karl of Duty XP

Karl of Duty XP's Gamercard
On a side note does anyone know if we get any unlocks for participating in the Elite Beta?

OnLive Player Tag - Karl of Duty XP

Included with my Limited Edition Gears of War 3 BradyGames guide were free downloadable e-guides of Gears of War and Gears of War 2. If you want to download them for free as well you can get them from here. Enjoy.
Karl of Duty XP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:53 PM   #69
ItzAndy05

ItzAndy05's Gamercard
Cheers mate very clear and answered all my qustions

99p Hardened edition UK
ItzAndy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:55 PM   #70
Gizzy64

Gizzy64's Gamercard
Thanks for clearing that up. I used the code on the back of book and left my card unused.
Gizzy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:35 PM   #71
Evil Epyon

Evil Epyon's Gamercard
Quick question that maybe someone else might know. I already had ELITE before I put in my membership, and now that I have activated my membership I noticed a red skull next to my name inside the web version of ELITE. Is this acknowledging my premium membership? And will this then turn green when the founder status is applied?
Evil Epyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:36 PM   #72
Malcheesecake

Malcheesecake's Gamercard
sooo if we have a founder card, we can become a founder after the 13th
Malcheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #73
Genesis x360a

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Epyon View Post
Quick question that maybe someone else might know. I already had ELITE before I put in my membership, and now that I have activated my membership I noticed a red skull next to my name inside the web version of ELITE. Is this acknowledging my premium membership? And will this then turn green when the founder status is applied?
Yes Red Skull means your a Premium Elite member. I have no idea if it will turn green once Founder status gets applied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcheesecake View Post
sooo if we have a founder card, we can become a founder after the 13th
Please read the OP everything is explained in there.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #74
Evil Epyon

Evil Epyon's Gamercard
Thanks Genesis, and great job maintaining the sticky thread
Evil Epyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:22 AM   #75
Mattress_117

Mattress 117's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcscruff View Post
Other than the little green skull icon, what does the founder status actually do for you?
camo's, titles etc, but the main reason you buy it, is you get all the DLC for free and early, it saves around $15 i think they said.

FAMAS - Making bad kid's look average since B2K.
Mattress_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:19 AM   #76
Malcheesecake

Malcheesecake's Gamercard
hopefully elite is working by the 13th because anyone who had the regular edition and a yr membership wouldnt be able to upgrade it to premium and get founder status
Malcheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:34 AM   #77
Mysterious Hen

xZarfot's Gamercard
Ha read 2 pages of this thread seems to be the same question ever 3-4 posts ha. GL with your thread ty for info cleared some stuff up for me.
Mysterious Hen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:00 AM   #78
Genesis x360a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Hen View Post
Ha read 2 pages of this thread seems to be the same question ever 3-4 posts ha. GL with your thread ty for info cleared some stuff up for me.

Haha I know right. Sometimes I feel like not even responding but it only takes 2 minutes to type a reply. Thanks and im glad it helped

P.s. Please see the OP (Original post, for those who dont know) for a important update regarding Elite and callofduty.com.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:44 AM   #79
DEG23
Listening to 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
(In relation to update on OP)
Ha, looks like Activision forgot to tell Beachhead they were planning to sell a ton of copies.

You'd think they would have been prepared to handle the traffic, have to say i am really disappointed with Activision, as i was looking forward to utilising Elite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Stomper View Post
I refuse to use Spotify because they have no Taylor Swift albums.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:58 AM   #80
Pearson

Biomedical Fire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by locoloco View Post
yeah, it's a little frustrating. I really want that 2 hours of double xp from signing up and verifying email.
I hope that Beachhead gets things up and running soon. Even though I signed up by using the token on XBL and received my confirmation e-mail, I still need to confirm my e-mail on the Elite website.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #81
midnight1985

Send a message via AIM to midnight1985 Send a message via MSN to midnight1985 Send a message via Yahoo to midnight1985 Send a message via Skype™ to midnight1985

Chaser SRT's Gamercard
Thanks for this awesome post!

MW3 BF3

Turtle Beach owner
midnight1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:16 AM   #82
ooh ahh mcgrath

ooh ahh Mcgrath's Gamercard
Has anyone been lucky enough to get founder status yet?If so,have you had the camo and emblem yet and what do they look like?
ooh ahh mcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #83
JayShockblast

Jayshockblast's Gamercard
It's funny how much crap Battlefield got the week of release only to have this EXTRA service that people are spending an ADDITIONAL $50 for not do a god damn thing for them.

And by the way, I don't say that as a gloating Battlefield fanboy (which I also am), I say it as someone who spent the extra money on the Hardened Edition and wants to see what they paid for.
JayShockblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:44 PM   #84
Genesis x360a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayShockblast View Post
It's funny how much crap Battlefield got the week of release only to have this EXTRA service that people are spending an ADDITIONAL $50 for not do a god damn thing for them.

And by the way, I don't say that as a gloating Battlefield fanboy (which I also am), I say it as someone who spent the extra money on the Hardened Edition and wants to see what they paid for.
The thing is with Battlefield is you couldn't play the game because the servers where down which imo is worse than having as you put an "Extra" service being down. Atleast we could get on the MP at launch.

Also Im throwing it out there that everybody who bought Elite Premium didn't buy it for Elite itself, they bought it for the 20 peices of DLC that you get for free which dont start being released untill January.
Having said that though I do agree that its not good that the Elite is down atm. Beachhead should have anticipated huge traffic going through Elite on release which they obviously didn't.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:11 PM   #85
BlazingBlitz101

TMH Blitz's Gamercard
I have a question about Elite. I made an account on Call of Duty but when I try to for elite that the age gate failed. I'm guessing it's because I put my age under 18. I linked my Xbox LIVE gamertag with the call of duty account and I already entered my membership token in that xbox account. does this mean I wasted my one year and also how will I know if I have Founder status?
BlazingBlitz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:25 PM   #86
Genesis x360a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingBlitz101 View Post
I have a question about Elite. I made an account on Call of Duty but when I try to for elite that the age gate failed. I'm guessing it's because I put my age under 18. I linked my Xbox LIVE gamertag with the call of duty account and I already entered my membership token in that xbox account. does this mean I wasted my one year and also how will I know if I have Founder status?
MW3 is an 18 rated game, why would sign upto Elite and put your age lower than 18

Anywho - One way to check if your Elite Premium membership has worked is to go to your Memerbership in My Xbox and see if its listed. If its is then you should be able to access the Elite service from your 360 when its back up and running. As for Elite on callofduty.com I have no idea seeing as technically your not old enough to play the game therefore not old enough to use Elite. Go over to the Support page and ask them.

How will know if you have "Founder" Status. If qualify for whats listed in the OP then you will become a "Founder". How do we tell, Nobody knows yet.

Last edited by Genesis x360a; 11-10-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:33 PM   #87
BlazingBlitz101

TMH Blitz's Gamercard
Okay it says I do have a membership so thats good. I made a new call of duty account and put my age over 18. I linked my gamertag to the new account so idk if that will work

ps. i dont know y the hell i put it as under 18 lol
Old 11-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #88
Genesis x360a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingBlitz101 View Post
Okay it says I do have a membership so thats good. I made a new call of duty account and put my age over 18. I linked my gamertag to the new account so idk if that will work

ps. i dont know y the hell i put it as under 18 lol
If you was able to link your Gamertag your new COD.com account then I dont see why it wouldn't work. Hopefully for you it does

Old 11-10-2011, 03:47 PM   #89
BlazingBlitz101

TMH Blitz's Gamercard
thanks man lets just hope call of duty elite starts to work.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:55 PM   #90
JayShockblast

Jayshockblast's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis x360a View Post
The thing is with Battlefield is you couldn't play the game because the servers where down which imo is worse than having as you put an "Extra" service being down. Atleast we could get on the MP at launch.

Also Im throwing it out there that everybody who bought Elite Premium didn't buy it for Elite itself, they bought it for the 20 peices of DLC that you get for free which dont start being released untill January.
Having said that though I do agree that its not good that the Elite is down atm. Beachhead should have anticipated huge traffic going through Elite on release which they obviously didn't.
I never once had a problem with the servers, and I had the entire week off launch week. There were random patches of maintenance. I've lagged the hell out of MW3 games as often as I had server issues on BF3, and three days later, a product I spent an EXTRA $40 on (2/3 the cost of BF3), I still have not been able to use it for a single second.
JayShockblast is offline   Reply With Quote