PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham City
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
red mist 85

red mist 85's Gamercard
Help with knife dodge takedowns.

I don't know if this has already been covered, but I tried searching for it and couldn't find it, so I thought I'd ask about it. I cannot for the life of me get the hang of knife dodge takedowns. I consider myself pretty good at the combat in this game and I have all medals in the combat challenges, but now I'm doing the campaigns and the fact that I can't master this bloody knife takedown is starting to annoy me.

I can do the knife dodge perfectly well by holding away and Y, but I can't work out how to do the takedown. I know you're supposed to hold and release or something, but I've only ever done it by fluke 4 or 5 times. I'm aware that you can dodge and evade them instead, which is what I've been doing, but a knife takedown scores you 100 points, so I'd like to master it. Thanks for any help.

Friendship is like wetting your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth!
red mist 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:56 PM   #2
Jeesp

Jeesp's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I believe you're supposed to hold , and whenever the knife is about to hit you, release the button and then repeat.

It just felt so unnatural and not smooth at all, so I just double over them whenever I see that disgusting yellow counter signal.
Jeesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:29 AM   #3
Jesseeh

HaloJesse's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeesp View Post
I believe you're supposed to hold , and whenever the knife is about to hit you, release the button and then repeat.

It just felt so unnatural and not smooth at all, so I just double over them whenever I see that disgusting yellow counter signal.
As this person explained, except:

When you notice a person with a knife and you wanna takedown him:

- Hold , while backing up from the inmate by holding to an opposite direction from the inmate.
- When he swings his knife at you, realease and then hold on it again.
- Inmates does 3 swings at you and ninjas/assassins 4 times.
- The harder the difficulty, the faster they swing at you.
- Do those two steps at them, until you automatically take them down after the 3rd/4th swing.

It was hard for me during the first playthrough and couple of Challenges, but I just suddenly got hang on it.
Jesseeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:35 AM   #4
red mist 85

red mist 85's Gamercard
Thanks for the tips. I Think I may have been releasing between strikes as opposed to during the strikes. I'll give it another go and see if I can get the hang of it. Hopefully I will. If not, I'll just have to stick to evading them!

Friendship is like wetting your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth!
red mist 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:38 AM   #5
HungryMonkey

yura welcome's Gamercard
Yea they are also the most annoying opponent for me as well, but it has to do with timing.
HungryMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #6
MackeyNArf3952

MackeyNArf3952's Gamercard
its worth the effort (x100) points, more than critical strikes, other gadgets & what not. for the wayne manor combat map, i just did the knife takedown over & over again - which i highly recommend. im about 123 rank in the world & i'll take it polevaulting my previous record in the thousands.
MackeyNArf3952 is offline   Reply With Quote