PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham City
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-13-2012, 12:48 AM   #31
Joel78

joel78's Gamercard
It's very weird. I assume you are pressing both buttons at the same time? Not one after the other...failing that maybe you could delete the DLC and download it again.
Joel78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:05 AM   #32
Arbanax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel78 View Post
It's very weird. I assume you are pressing both buttons at the same time? Not one after the other...failing that maybe you could delete the DLC and download it again.
Wait how do you press both buttons at the same time, with one thumb?

Or do you have to take your left thumb and do it, I didn't think *+* meant simultaneously but one after the other. That isn't an easy move to execute because you stop moving about surely!!!

Ab
Arbanax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:13 AM   #33
Joel78

joel78's Gamercard
You should be able to do both at the same time with your right thumb, it's not too hard even if you press the top half of one and the lower half of the other for B+A. X+A is quite easy as you can cover both with the thumb. Give it a shot and I think you'll be fine.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #34
Arbanax

Quote:
You should be able to do both at the same time with your right thumb, it's not too hard even if you press the top half of one and the lower half of the other for B+A. X+A is quite easy as you can cover both with the thumb. Give it a shot and I think you'll be fine.
Ok thanks for the tips it seems I need to get to a combo bonus of +12 or so before it kicks in, so just pressing the buttons beforehand did nothing. I didn't know that and thought the original post is really helpful, it doesn't mention it either.

Anyway thanks for your patience and help - much appreciated.

Ab
Arbanax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #35
Joel78

joel78's Gamercard
No worries mate, you can upgrade so you can do these after 5 combos, once you do that you shouldnt have too many problems.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:45 PM   #36
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
No worries mate, you can upgrade so you can do these after 5 combos, once you do that you shouldnt have too many problems.
Yeah I would just get the combo/critical strike upgrade. Once you hit x5 multipliers with that upgrade, you can use Nightwing's A+B takedown or the X+A multi-hit special move.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:52 AM   #37
Itsgaara

itsgaara's Gamercard
Why is it that combat chal are hard a hell for me. But the predator chal are a walk in the park for me? I can get past 2? in combat chal.
Itsgaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #38
xStayHigh

xStayHigh's Gamercard
Very nice i shall get started on the predator challenges soon enough.
xStayHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #39
GoGoScoop

GoGo Scoop's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsgaara View Post
Why is it that combat chal are hard a hell for me. But the predator chal are a walk in the park for me? I can get past 2? in combat chal.
I used to have lots of trouble with the combat challenges as well, in terms of scoring. The best advice (and I can't remember if I read it here or not) I remember reading was to primarily focus on combo continuity versus variety.

As tempting as it is to want to throw in an explosive gel here or caltrops there, just having your multiplier in the 20s/30s/etc will rack up the points.

So that, and use evade when you're "stuck" in a sense - maybe you just finished a beatdown and because of the camera angle you aren't sure where the other enemies are, evade backwards to buy yourself a second or two to plan the next move. Hope this helps.
GoGoScoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #40
nekokari

Nekokari's Gamercard
I really hate playing as nightwing... he's by far the hardest character of the lot, why all the stupid luck based predator challenges.