Kerotan Locations

Virtuous Mission

1. South Dremuchij: Behind some trees above the cliff in the northeast, up at the large hole in the ceiling.

2. Dremujij Swamplands: In the far north beyond the swamp behind some trees in the east. Look close, because it is difficult to see.

3. North Dremuchij: On top of a hollow tree stump in the northeast.

4. Dolinovodno: On top of a post at the south end of the bridge.

5. Rassvet: On the wall in the northwest section of the building, there is a hole in the wall. Look through the hole and you should see it.

Edited by tkhbecker

Snake Eater

1. East Dremuchij: Amongst a pile of logs in the west of the middle section.

2. North Dremuchij: Atop the hill in the middle of the northern area. Shoot from the west side.

3. Dremuchij Swamplands: On the ground behind a tree on the west side of the swamp.

4. South Dremuchij: In the far southwestern corner atop a high ledge. Climb over the logs to get a shot at it.

5. Dolinovodno: On top of the right side of the mountain after exiting the north side of the bridge.

6. Rassvet: Underneath the stairs on the west side of the building.

7. Chyornyj Prud: Underwater next to a tree in the far northern part of the pond.

8. Bolshaya Past South: In the middle of a group of trees on the southeastern side of an electrical fence in the north.

9. Bolshaya Past Base: Under the corner table in the barracks (bedroom).

10. Bolshaya Crevice Past: In the area to the south where Ocelot's soldiers are located. Climb the tree and look to the south and you should see it.

11. Chyomaya Peschera Cave Branch: From the area where you get the torch, go through the path on the left. Follow it, then crawl through the holes in the ground until you finally reach a hole in the ground with water below. Do not jump in. Instead, look to the south in first person view and you should see it. There is also a set of night vision goggles here. Make sure to get them because they are very useful.

12. Chyornaya Peschera Cave: In the area where you fight The Pain, look up at the large hole in the ceiling. You should see it right on the edge.

13. Chyornaya Peschera Cave Entrance: In the middle section there is a small area with some ammunition and mines planted. Go in and look up above the way that you came in and you should see it.

14. South Ponizovje: At the very beginning of the area, look to the northwest. You should see it on the land.

15. Ponizovje Warehouse: Exterior: There is a red gate in the southwest. The frog sits on top of it.

16. Ponizovje Warehouse: Very high up on the ceiling on the rafters above the stairs. Look close because it is difficult to spot. You will have to look from the ground in the south because you cant see it from the top of the stairs.

17. West Ponizovje: This area is very easy to miss. In South Ponizovje near the end of the level, there is a hard to see path in the canyon on the left. The frog is underwater behind a grate in the north. Also, in the building in this area you can get your sniper rifle early.

18. Ponizovje Warehouse: Exterior: There is a red gate in the southwest. The frog sits on top of it.

19. Graniny Gorki South: In a tree in the northwest corner. Climb one of the trees to the southeast of this one and look northwest and you should see it.

20. Graniny Gorki Lab Exterior: Outside Walls: In the inside of the electric fence in between some trees in the west.

21. Graniny Gorki Lab Exterior: Inside Walls: There is a small building in the east that cannot be entered but has a barred window. Look through this barred window and you should see it.

22. Graniny Gorki Lab 1F: On top of the lockers near the stairs. Note: There is not one on the second floor. The first and second floors count as one area.

23. Graniny Gorki Lab B1 East: In plain sight in the westernmost cell.

24. Graniny Gorki Lab B1 West: On a table against the west wall in the room with the TV.

25. South Svyatogornyj: At the very beginning at the top of the wall with the door you entered the area through.

26. West Svyatogornyj: In the southwest area. It is to the west of a crawl through log and a pitfall.

27. East Svyatogornyj: This place is also easy to miss. When you leave West Svyatogornyj, make sure to take the exit in the northeast, not to the northwest. There is a large building in the northeast section of this area. The frog is on a shelf in the bedroom.

28. South Sokrovenno: Right outside the building with the sniper rifle against the northern wall.

29. North Sokrovenno: On the ground next to a tree at the north end of the upside down "U" shaped area in the south.

30. West Sokrovenno: The far South at the end of the river.

31. Krasnagorje Tunnel: About halfway through the tunnel on the ground (before climbing the endless ladder).

32. Krasnagorje Mountain Base: Near the end of the area at the northwest end, look up. You should see it on the hill.

33. Krasnagorje Mountainside: At the end of the area on top of the building with the food inside.

34. Krasnogorje Mountaintop: The southeast corner. Stand next to the building with the bullets and items to get a good shot.

35. Krasnogorje Mountaintop Ruins: On a shelf near the entrance (to Mountaintop).

36. Krasnogorje Mountaintop: Behind Ruins: On the radio tower at the southeast of the base about halfway up. This one is difficult to see -- look closely.

37. Groznyj Grad Underground Tunnel: In the area where you fight The Fury on top of a red pipeline. Stand near the red door and look up and to the south and you should see it.

38. Southwest Groznyj Grad: The building in the west, the middle one. Look in the slightly open door to see it.

39. Northeast Groznyj Grad: In the crawl space behind a grate. The entrance to the crawl space is in the northeast, just above the food storehouse.

40. Southeast Groznyj Grad: On top of the building, southeast corner. Climb the stairs to get to where you can see it.

41. Northwest Groznyj Grad: On an inaccessible staircase in the southwest. Climb the boxes to get a shot at it.

42. Groznyj Grad Torture room: Underneath the desk in the room in the northwest.

43. Groznyj Grad Weapons Lab: East Wing: On top of a bookshelf at the far north end of the second floor locker room.

44. Groznyj Grag Weapons Lab: West Wing Corridor: Look out the window to the south at the large pole with the sirens on it. It will be on top.

45. Tikhogornyj: At the south end of the river under the log.

46. Tikhogornyj: Behind Waterfall: In the room with the ladder. It is sitting on top of a pipe in the southwest.

47. Groznyj Grad Weapons Lab: Main Wing: In between two of the computers in the west (on the west side of the Shagohod).

48. Groznyj Grad B1F (area where you fight Volgin): Next to some boxes in the west up above the platform (on the first floor).

48. Groznyj Grad: The next few frogs must be shot while riding on a motorcycle. Saving at the beginning of every one of these areas is recommended, so if you miss you can restart and go back and get it. With most of these, the sniper rifle will give you the best shot.Early in the level when you stop on account of some guards, look up at the watchtower on top of the spotlight. The frog should be there. Note: You will move soon, so shoot fast.

49. Groznyj Grad Runway South: The first time you stop because of some soldiers, there will be a forklift to the left of the soldiers (your left). The frog will be on the seat.

50. Groznyj Grad Runway (part 1): On a sign on the left side of the road after you turn about halfway through the area.

51. Groznyj Grad Runway (part 2): It will be on one of the signs on the right side (looking ahead) of the road. It is early into the area. You will need your sniper rifle for this.

52. Groznyj Grad Rail Bridge (sniping part): On the arch underneath the bridge on the left side of the bridge. You will need to stand up to see it.

53. Groznyj Grad Rail Bridge: At the base of the radio tower in the west. You will be on foot for this one.

54. Groznyj Grad Rail Bridge North: At the roadblock at the very end of the area. It is in between the left and middle barricades.

55. South Lazorevo: Near the beginning of the area. It will be on the ground in front of a rock just slightly to the right (looking ahead). A log will be in front of it, and you will pass it quickly. Look and shoot fast.

56. North Lazorevo: On a rock on the left (looking ahead) near the beginning of the area. Note: There is no more motorcycle shots after this frog.

57. South Zaozyorje: On the western path below the log bridge. Stand on the log bridge and look down and to the east.

58. East Zaozyorje: At the fork where the paths split in the south is a tree. The frog is in between that tree and the hill. Look closely because it is a tight space.

59. Rokovoj Bereg: On the highest point of a tree in the south.

• 4 weeks later...

wish i would have followed this the first time. i followed the stradegy guide and the guide is missing 5. there are 64 in the game and the guide only had 59 (counting the 3 that have ??? next to them). didnt realize it until the end. i need to play through again anyway for markhor cause i missed 2 plants and an animal

wish i would have followed this the first time. i followed the stradegy guide and the guide is missing 5. there are 64 in the game and the guide only had 59 (counting the 3 that have ??? next to them). didnt realize it until the end. i need to play through again anyway for markhor cause i missed 2 plants and an animal

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=345743

Follow this. Should be a bit more helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
The key reason is probably that you don't have any weapons during the sewers or Sorrow fight.

No, you have the revolver during both of those areas.

Thanks for this, even if you're only sharing it, much appreciated :) Should make this achievement much easier ^_^

Anytime. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Good deal. I'll replace the others.

Thank you for crediting me, but as much as I would like to I cannot take the credit. I did not make the video. It was courtesy of 1Playstationworld

No disrespect intended to the creator of the other videos, but the quality was just terrible in comparison lol and too many seperate videos. I guess it was going back to the old YouTube 10min limit so couldn't be one long file.. and of course wasn't the HD version!

• 2 weeks later...

For people having problems finding missed kerotans after a first playthrough, the GA-Ko camo is useful to find the remaining ones.

From MetalGear wikia:

"GA-KO pattern camo uniform. Wearing it enables you to hear Kerotan's calling." — GA-KO Uniform description from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

This camo can be found in NE of Chyornij Prud (the swamp-lake area after the one where you found sokolov in the virtuous mission).

http://www.darthscreencapture.com/MGS3/u/l_gako.jpg

Edited by LoversandBrothers

• 4 weeks later...

This guide only has 59 locations too. I can't seem to find a definitive guide, there is always a frog(s) missing.

I found a better list that you may want to direct your readers towards:

http://www.darthscreencapture.com/MGS3/k2.html

So far the only mistake I've found is that they have the same picture for #22 and #23.

Edited by Elux

• 1 month later...