PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-10-2011, 04:12 AM   #31
Azn Playah

Azn Playah's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I found a really easy way to get serrated edge. Since the achievement just says spec ops, it doesn't need to be in survival. Just load up the mission toxic paradise in the 2nd set of missions where you play as a juggernaut. Play it on recruit to make things even easier. Blow through the mission using your grenade launcher and airstrikes until you get to the back alleyway after collecting the 4th sample. There will be one grunt and one juggernaut. Just do the same as the guide, unload about half an LMG clip into it, then flashbang and knife. Since you're a juggernaut he probably won't kill you and you can flashbang infinitely since there's an ammo crate just inside the door before the alleyway.
Azn Playah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:02 AM   #32
Trash Man

oO Trash Man Oo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
For a very easy No Assistance Required achievement, start the lobby up with 2 players either split screen or over XBL. Then select Milehigh Jack and choose veteran difficulty for both players then change the op to Stay Sharp. Run the course and the achievement will pop.

Trash Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:17 AM   #33
Weroute

ebol's Gamercard
Thx helps alot :3
Weroute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:59 AM   #34
XBOX ISAAC82
Subscribing Member

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I cannot believe people give achievement guides 3, 2 or even 1 stars just because they are works in progress. Obviously expect you to start and finish in one sitting. TWATS!!!

Anyway, nice to see an Achievement Guide so early.

Thanks!

Friend Requests will likely be ignored unless you MESSAGE
ME FIRST
as I a have full friends list already.

XBOX ISAAC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:45 AM   #35
Cooljoe

Bear5 Fan 4Ever's Gamercard

The videos helped me. Thx.
Cooljoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:27 AM   #36
ItzAndy05

ItzAndy05's Gamercard
Great set of achievements. Some nice easy ones and some tough ones but all fun

99p Hardened edition UK
ItzAndy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:33 AM   #37
LDHughes

UnworthyPower's Gamercard
The first guide that was on here got me through the campaign getting all the misc cheevs in order (due to its layout it was very easy).

I'm always in 2 minds about this sorta stuff, this one IS better and just because the other one was first doesn't mean it should get priority.
But to sticky it instantly and destroy the other members work?
I have wanted to but never have tried to make a guide for this reason!

GT: Unworthy Power
LDHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:57 AM   #38
SubG3nius

SubG3nius's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
To make it a little easier, these are best done with 3 other players.
One thing, you can only be 2 players in Spec Ops.
Other then that. Great guide. But only thing I will need is the intel location guide.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:58 AM   #39
Barad
Back from Dubai!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Why is the difficulty so high? Are the Spec Ops missions tough?

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #40
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
Get Rich or Die Trying 25
Have $50,000 current balance in a Special Ops Survival game.

A good and fast way to get you cash up fast is by getting the end bonuses. Make sure you get those killstreaks, headshots, accuracy kills, rampages, finish fast and take little damage etc. All these add the extra cash to your total.[/COLOR]
Or you simply play it in COOP, rack up enough cash that you "all together" have $ 50,000+ equally and start to SHARE via ($ 500 every time) at any Armory until every person has the achievement and switch. That's the way I did it. Fastest method IMO!
Old 11-10-2011, 11:16 AM   #41
AgEnT STARZz

AgEnT STARZz's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Or you simply play it in COOP, rack up enough cash that you "all together" have $ 50,000+ equally and start to SHARE via ($ 500 every time) at any Armory until every person has the achievement and switch. That's the way I did it. Fastest method IMO!
Same way I did it! It is alot faster

Currently on 101'937 (03/09/13)
Working on: Mass Effect 3(1375/1550), GOW3(1825/2000)

GoW3: Rank 49(Blue) (Seriously 3.0 - 51/65 Onyx - 94.34%)

My Girlfriend takes up to much of my time these days
AgEnT STARZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #42
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophage33 View Post
Great guide Nozza. Couple of comments/corrections:

1) For the achievement "Birdie," you can actually get shot by the helicopters BEFORE you destroy the first one. Once you destroy the first one, then you can't get hit. I was getting mowed down, as was a friend, and then he took them both out and got the achievement. The important part is staying safe once you destroy the first one. Also, why do you recommend a sentry gun and claymores? Helicopters come at wave 6 with no other enemies. Seems like an unnecessary thing to do. Granted I've only played the first two Survival maps, but in both maps the two helicopters came at wave 6 with no other enemies. So really, you only need $5000 if you want to use two predator missiles. You might also want to note that, if you have a teammate, it's very easy to have him shoot a helicopter until it's smoking, and have the chopper focus on him, then finish it off. In case you can't get to the armory for a second predator or don't have the money. This was how we did it for each of us: predator for the first, then finish off the second with a gun after it's smoking.

2) For "Get Rich or Die Trying," a couple easy ways to save money are to use the guns the enemies are using, so you can refill on ammo for free. For example in the first two maps I played, use the Model 1887 for the first 5 rounds. Then they start dropping MP5s, which I used. Then they drop a lot of ACRs in rounds 10-20. I only bought a SCAR and two or three ammo refills the entire time. It's also very handy to have co-op partners take out the choppers so you don't have to waste $2500 on a predator. Or take out the choppers with bullets, since it's much cheaper to refill your ammo than to buy a predator missile.

3) For "No Assistance Required," easy one....fix the color haha
1) Added
2) This is what I do, but I'll add it if I have edit room for more words. I'm reaching the character limit, so I may have to reshuffle.
3) Funny how I never noticed that. It's green now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Phantomz View Post
There already was another achievement guide, why did you make another one and how come yours got stickied so quickly?

Not mad or anything it's a nice guide just wondering
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophage33 View Post
Everyone has the right to make an achievement guide. That's why guides aren't allowed to be submitted until one month after the game's release. To be honest, this guide is much better. It has a lot more info in it.

As for why it got stickied so quick, well....the guy who made is on the guide staff. Doesn't bother me as long as the guide is good, which it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Phantomz View Post
I understand first come first serve doesn't apply but why not just try improve the first guide with your knowledge to make the best guide possible instead of just starting a whole new one, what I wrote sounds pretty contradicting but still. It isn't fair if someone who is 'staff' gets priority and automatically gets stickied.
Pretty much what Necro said. The sticky though... I have nothing to do with and don't know why. If a Admin/Mod comes alone and scans the forum and feels it's worth it, that's their decision. Though if other guide does get 100% completed then submitted, it won't get thrown aside and we will look at it and make any further decisions from there.

There is also no "Staff" rule. Just because the other guide has been up for 3 days before the release, does not mean other people can make guide or mean it gets priority over others. I've had this guide written up a few days before release and have worked along side PP for the last 2 days straight to get it to the point it's at now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
I found an even easier way. The Special Ops mission "Firewall", the one where one person is in control of the sentries and the other is running through the map. Super easy, especially considering if the person running goes down you fail and the person controlling the sentries can't die. It's in the second tier of missions so you will have to play a few games to unlock them, but definitely worth the short wait.

I've been reading about this. As this was a joint guide PP has done a lot of the SO stuff. but I'm getting around to it now, so I'll be sure to check this out then edit it in this week.

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 11-10-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #43
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDHughes View Post
The first guide that was on here got me through the campaign getting all the misc cheevs in order (due to its layout it was very easy).

I'm always in 2 minds about this sorta stuff, this one IS better and just because the other one was first doesn't mean it should get priority.
But to sticky it instantly and destroy the other members work?
I have wanted to but never have tried to make a guide for this reason!
Answer to this is above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubG3nius View Post
One thing, you can only be 2 players in Spec Ops.
Other then that. Great guide. But only thing I will need is the intel location guide.
Edited. I just had 4 total in my head because of Zombies etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himalaybarad View Post
Why is the difficulty so high? Are the Spec Ops missions tough?
I may put it down to 6 but it's because of a few things. One being Veteran. Even though it's one of the easiest, if you're not the best FPS player, it'll prove a little harder.

You write guides like the person has never played the game or this type of genre before. So I'm not going to put it at 5 and say "You've all played CoD and it's Vet setting."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Ah.. I didn't know you could share. I'll be sure to add this in, thanks!

I'd also like to point out that the tiles and guide layout may be in a different order to the other but in theory they're not. I've laid out all the story one's first. Seeing as these are not missable if you play on Vet, it's worth putting them first.

Next, you may think the Misc lot are, but again they're not. The official order is actually in the order of what missions you play in the campaign. So once you've got one, the next one will be on the next mission. Easy.

Just because they're no interlinked within the story progression one's does not mean they're in the wrong order. The order works and is perfectly logical and keeps the unnecessary achievements out the way at the top so you only have to concentrate on the ones you actually need to try for.

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 11-10-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:59 PM   #44
andfan

AKkiLLU's Gamercard
Great guide man. I'm posting a veteran play through on my youtube channel. probably one level a day maybe 2 but it'd probably help your guide to add them and help me out a lot. check out my channel please http://www.youtube.com/user/AK8vidz
andfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:22 PM   #45
tiger 1

I played Black Tuesday and Hunter killer on veteran using mission select and the achievement did not open.
tiger 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #46
NukeDukem

topgunprobo's Gamercard
your description for Unstoppable says its easier with three other players but isnt spec ops 2 max?

plus the 50/50 achievement is REALLY easy to do on the first spec ops mission Stay Sharp, the assault course. the targets count as kills.

and the best level for getting No Assistance required i think is Firewall. its not a hard level and because one of you is controlling a sentry you cant get downed - i got the achievement just for finishing it on veteran.

<edit>ah the firewall tip has been posted.

good guide btw.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:49 PM   #47
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Just would like to point out that I've just done the first 'mission' with a second controllers on the Spec Ops to get the 50/50 achievement and to my surprise I also unlocked the No Assisstance Required achievement also.

For those who have two controllers, maybe you could try it my way? A lot easier =) Though my profile already had 2 stars, that might have also been a factor (I was taking my time due to controlling two controllers at the same time for 50/50 so couldn't have got more than 1 star anyway).

AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:51 PM   #48
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NukeDukem View Post
your description for Unstoppable says its easier with three other players but isnt spec ops 2 max?

plus the 50/50 achievement is REALLY easy to do on the first spec ops mission Stay Sharp, the assault course. the targets count as kills.

and the best level for getting No Assistance required i think is Firewall. its not a hard level and because one of you is controlling a sentry you cant get downed - i got the achievement just for finishing it on veteran.

<edit>ah the firewall tip has been posted.

good guide btw.
I've edited the 3 players thing. Mentioned above the mistake I made.

The guide states the first SO mission is the best for 50/50. I've had that tip in since I posted it.

I know of the Firewall thing. I've just got to test it out, before I post anything.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #49
TheMarkOfPower

TheMarkOfPower's Gamercard
can confirm for spec ops survival reach wave 15 on all maps achievement the most you need to do is start wave 15 on each map not complete it
TheMarkOfPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:23 PM   #50
Xx Overkill VR

O for oVR's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I know that there may already be a few floating around here but I believe that mine are just as good if not better than most of them.

The gameplay is captured in HD, there are no annoying intros or logos in the video, there is no annoying commentary and all the intel locations are showed in context of the main action so that you can best orient yourself and find it.

Lemme know what you guys think.

Xx Overkill VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:27 PM   #51
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkOfPower View Post
can confirm for spec ops survival reach wave 15 on all maps achievement the most you need to do is start wave 15 on each map not complete it
Good to know that you don't necessarily have to kill both of those damn juggernauts.
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:05 PM   #52
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx Overkill VR View Post
I know that there may already be a few floating around here but I believe that mine are just as good if not better than most of them.

The gameplay is captured in HD, there are no annoying intros or logos in the video, there is no annoying commentary and all the intel locations are showed in context of the main action so that you can best orient yourself and find it.

Lemme know what you guys think.

CoD: MW3 - Intel Guide(Informant) - YouTube
CoD: MW3 - Intel Guide(Scout Leader) - YouTube
I admit that your video guides are good, but to be fair, are they any better than the one that is already in the guide?

Think saying yours has none of this, this and this doesn't necessary make it better. Personally I like both but feel neither is better than the other. If you posted them to get a few votes to then see if I'll put them in the guide, unfortunately I won't.

There's no difference personally from watching in action gameplay, to just looking at an area from Power's guides. When watching yours, I look at little land marks. So I'll be like "Right.. He's shooting guys at the top of a broken building slope" *remember area*.

I then watch Power's, and he's at the same bit, and I do the exact same thing. Though it's a little more easier as I don't have to watch you spend time trying to kill people before it's clear to find the Intel. Where as Power's get's straight to the point.

Sorry if I sound like I'm having a go, but it seems like you're just posting in here to get views, subs and for me to maybe swap them out...
Old 11-10-2011, 05:58 PM   #53

TwistedZombieUK's Gamercard
thanks for the guide

1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:00 PM   #54
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
*edit* I think I misread your 50/50, but yea Stay Sharp for that like you mention.

I also got the "No assistance required" on the "Stay Sharp" mission.. not sure if that's a bug or not since there's no way to get downed.

Last edited by Xenolith666; 11-10-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:13 PM   #55
LiMa14

LiMa14's Gamercard
For achievements like the 35 XM25 Kills on Black Tuesday, do we need to play on at least Normal? Or can they be unlocked on easy?
LiMa14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #56
Ragnarok1986

Ragnarok1986's Gamercard

Another 10/10

Looks awsome and the same level of detail like the Fable 3 one you made.

Follow me on Twitter
Ragnarok1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:02 PM   #57
CenturionElite

I just killed 45 people with the XM25 and it didnt unlock, I think a lot of these achievements are glitched

Now Playing: Borderlands 2
100% Achievement List: Portal 2, Left 4 Dead 2
100% Trophy List: Uncharted 3, Portal 2, inFamous 2
CenturionElite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:15 PM   #58
Lord Treant

Lord Treant's Gamercard
Great Guide, been helping alot! Keep up the good work.

Lord Treant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #59
Trash Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiMa14 View Post
For achievements like the 35 XM25 Kills on Black Tuesday, do we need to play on at least Normal? Or can they be unlocked on easy?
No, it can be done on recruit also. And it's only 30 kills you need for the achievement.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:24 PM   #60
Trash Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger 1 View Post
I played Black Tuesday and Hunter killer on veteran using mission select and the achievement did not open.
You need to play The Prologue as well.