PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #61
DarkCreations

DarkCreations's Gamercard
Just a heads up for No Assistance Required, i just did by myself in Split screen on Stay Sharp.

I already had 3 stars on my main account, decided to go and do 50/50 (17 kills each) and once my Guest 2 got 17 kills both the 50/50 and No Assistance Required achievement popped up.

So if you get 3 stars on Stay Sharp by yourself, and then attempt 50/50 with 2 controllers on Split Screen (my Guest 2 only got 1 Star) you should have both achievements pop up.

DarkCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:41 PM   #62
SpiderPg

SpiderPg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbaLaBamba View Post
Just would like to point out that I've just done the first 'mission' with a second controllers on the Spec Ops to get the 50/50 achievement and to my surprise I also unlocked the No Assisstance Required achievement also.

For those who have two controllers, maybe you could try it my way? A lot easier =) Though my profile already had 2 stars, that might have also been a factor (I was taking my time due to controlling two controllers at the same time for 50/50 so couldn't have got more than 1 star anyway).
Same thing happened for me but then I (Controller 1) had already gotten 3 stars and the second controller was just a guest account - took my time and got 1 star at the end but i still got No Assistance Required
SpiderPg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:48 AM   #63
D4Ru73K

Send a message via Skype™ to D4Ru73K

D4Ru73K's Gamercard
Got a question about intel. There is total of 46, sure?

Act I:
- prologue: nothing
- 5, 2, 4, 2, 3, 2

Act II:
- 3, 3, 4, 2, 2, 1

Act III:
- 2, 5, 2, 3

So there is 45, not 46. Where is the last one?

D4Ru73K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:13 AM   #64
Bugs264

sedaterial's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trash Man View Post
For a very easy No Assistance Required achievement, start the lobby up with 2 players either split screen or over XBL. Then select Milehigh Jack and choose veteran difficulty for both players then change the op to Stay Sharp. Run the course and the achievement will pop.
i can confirm that this works, as i just did it, a lot easier than going through mile high jack

also for Birdie, it might require you killing the choppers yourself and without any assistance (another player can't kill the other chopper)

might be easier to do this on the underpass one (third easy map) as you will only deal with choppers on wave 6 without other fighters.

the reason I mention this i did the requirements with someone else (neither got shot) and the achievement didn't pop, but the minute i did it alone, the achievement popped
Bugs264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:19 AM   #65
Twood015

s7nc7tysf7nest's Gamercard
Nice, Im all about my points!
Twood015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:51 AM   #66
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4Ru73K View Post
Got a question about intel. There is total of 46, sure?

Act I:
- prologue: nothing
- 5, 2, 4, 2, 3, 2

Act II:
- 3, 3, 4, 2, 2, 1

Act III:
- 2, 5, 2, 3

So there is 45, not 46. Where is the last one?
In Act I, the last mission, "Mind the Gap", there are 3 intels. You list 2.

From Neomop's guide:
Quote:
NOTES:
- There are a lot of people saying that they can only get 45/46 intel. This is NOT the case. On the mission "Mind the Gap", the pause screen will show 2 intel available from the start of the mission until you reach the crashed subway part. After you crash the subway, pause again and it will show the last intel available.
That makes 46 intel. Look here for pictures guide of all the intel, or at the various video guides posted in this forum or on Youtube.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:51 AM   #67
Azn Playah

Azn Playah's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
People need to just watch the video about the intel since it shows you all the locations and makes note of the "missing" intel on the mind the gap stage...
Azn Playah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:50 AM   #68
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
JohnnyRogue24 has posted on his Youtube channel very good videos on how to 3-star every Spec Ops Mission. He currently has 10 of the 16 missions up, but has stated that they are all done and he just needs to post them.

I think the thread below or his Youtube channel should be linked to this guide.

He has also said that he is going to be doing all of the Survival maps.

3 Star Walkthrough for Spec Ops Missions

Perhaps that thread deserves a sticky?

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 11-11-2011 at 05:02 AM.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:02 AM   #69
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I think I've found the best way to boost Spec-Ops XP, and that is to play Invisible Threat on Regular. Get down to one or two bombs left and then camp right in front of the ammo crate near the end of the street. From here you can see both spawn points.

The enemies (so far) are infinitely spawning, so that means easy but boring grinding. Works pretty well since you have an LMG and sweet aim assist.

Last edited by Tyger7; 11-11-2011 at 06:26 AM.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #70
D4Ru73K

Send a message via Skype™ to D4Ru73K

D4Ru73K's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
That makes 46 intel. Look here for pictures guide of all the intel, or at the various video guides posted in this forum or on Youtube.
Yea I was reading about missing intel before sleeping, grabbing now, anyway thx for info

D4Ru73K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:51 PM   #71
IRAQI SWAT

IRAQI SWAT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Thanks, Great work.

First Iraqi in The World In Xbox Live Signed From Inside Iraq

Yes! I'm from Iraq for real don't need to ask million times. No! I'm not a terrorist. A fact for you " 99% of Iraqis hate terrorists that pretend to be muslims and kill innocent people "

Do you want to see how Iraqis dance? check this out!
IRAQI SWAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:10 PM   #72
relauby

relauby's Gamercard
For the Weapon Armory achievement, do you just have to buy the attachments once, or every attachment for every weapon?
Old 11-11-2011, 04:14 PM   #73
XBOX ISAAC82
Subscribing Member

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCreations View Post
Just a heads up for No Assistance Required, i just did by myself in Split screen on Stay Sharp.

I already had 3 stars on my main account, decided to go and do 50/50 (17 kills each) and once my Guest 2 got 17 kills both the 50/50 and No Assistance Required achievement popped up.

So if you get 3 stars on Stay Sharp by yourself, and then attempt 50/50 with 2 controllers on Split Screen (my Guest 2 only got 1 Star) you should have both achievements pop up.
I don't understand this. Headache in a paragraph! Lol!

Friend Requests will likely be ignored unless you MESSAGE
ME FIRST
as I a have full friends list already.

XBOX ISAAC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:25 PM   #74
XBOX ISAAC82
Subscribing Member

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by relauby View Post
For the Weapon Armory achievement, do you just have to buy the attachments once, or every attachment for every weapon?
I would think just once seeing as there is about 40 weapons each with several attachments. Plus in the Barracks section I would think each weapon would have a sub category for the weapon attachments rather then one separate to the weapons if they expected you to buy every one. That would just be way too many.

I just hope it is only the once anyway.

Friend Requests will likely be ignored unless you MESSAGE
ME FIRST
as I a have full friends list already.

XBOX ISAAC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:06 PM   #75
Mannyls2

l mannyfresh l's Gamercard
hey great videos on here, wondering if anyone is having the same problem as im having.. just finished the campaign and im missing most of the campaign achievements also i played it on veteran and it wouldnt give me the beat it on veteran avhievement. idk how to fix it.
Mannyls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:26 AM   #77
BudzMcGee

Budz McGee's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
Jack the Ripper 20
Melee 5 enemies in a row in Single Player or Special Ops.

To melee, make sure you're within lunging distance or right up close and press down on (or if you've changed the controls ) to preform a stab.

Unless you're on a lower difficulty, the best mission to get this on is "Stronghold". Play through until you get down to the prison. At this point Price will switch the lights off, leaving half a dozen guards in total darkness. From here, you can simply walk right up to them and get a free kill. Seeing as you have your night vision and they don't, none of them will see you unless you physically touch them.

If getting this in the campaign is proving difficult, load up the first map in the Spec Ops Survival mode and you can gain 5 quick kills on the first wave.
There is a really easy/cheap place to get this, even on veteran. In "Down the Rabbit Hole," after you go back outside and shortly after you get the predator you'll get to a point where two black trucks are shooting at you and, while I was playing anyway, Price was chilling off to the left by a stack of pipes. Right next to the pipes was an open shipping crate that you could walk into from one side. This is a spawn point for the enemy troops, just stand there and knife 5 in a row as they spawn. Found this by accident when I was looking for a place to launch the predator strikes.

Quote:
Nein 20
Kill 9 enemies with A-10 strafing runs in "Scorched Earth."

About a quarter of the way into the "Scorched Earth" mission, you'll be given the chance to deploy some A-10 strafing runs. Simply select where you want it to start then place the next marker where you want it to end. This is pretty easy achievement because you pretty much need to kill all the ground units and there are plenty more than 9.

When you see a group, watch where they're running to or grouping. Then quickly place your first marker ahead of them and then make your strafing run line as long as it'll go and then place the 2nd marker. Once the attack is launched, you should get some kills but it'll take a few runs to get a total of 9. For some reason, a few guys seem to survive even though it looked like they were right in the middle of the attack.
Okay, I just tried this like three times and killed every single damn unit down there (including the tanks) and got nothing.

Check out my video game Blog ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
We are always giving games away, so stop by and check us out!
BudzMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:45 AM   #78
Ingles

Send a message via MSN to Ingles

JIng1es's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
For Arms Dealer, do you only need to purchase the attachments once? Regardless of the weapon, as long as I purchase them once I should be okay, correct?

Ingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:55 AM   #79
AcidGlow

AcidGlowx's Gamercard
Quote:

Survival: In this mode you're going to have to play each of the 16 maps and get to wave 15. The waves go beyond this, but it's just the 15th you need to complete. Again, grab another friend for this. Having more people, will move this along a lot faster.
Wait.. more people? what? I thought survival was only 2 players..
AcidGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:14 PM   #80
Thedarksaberbat

Get Rich or Die Trying 25
Have $50,000 current balance in a Special Ops Survival game.

This achievement is not cumulative. You must have a total of $50,000+ in your bank at one given time for this to unlock. This means while you progress through the waves, you can only do limited spending. So make sure you get what you need at the beginning, then only spend a small amount on ammo when needed.

A good and fast way to get your cash up fast is by getting the end bonuses. Make sure you get those killstreaks, headshots, accuracy kills, rampages, finish fast and take little damage etc. All these add the extra cash to your total.

A another way to save on cash is to also use the weapons the Enemy AI drop. Using these, will save you a lot of money. There's also a nice little coop trick you can do to. Start a 2 player Survival and have one of the players reach the $50k mark. Once the achievement unlocks, share all the money with your partner by pressing . This way they'll get your $50k and the achievement to.

Originally Posted by Nozza x360a 

You should re word this and say you have to go to the Armory to share money some people might not know that

this video explains it

Last edited by Thedarksaberbat; 11-12-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Thedarksaberbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #81
H0p3sfalL

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Yet another great guide by Nozza. Good work!!!
Old 11-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #82
Agent Aero

Aero x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Whilst following your guide for the ''50/50'' achievement i managed to unlock the ''No Assistance Required'' achievement too.

I was playing offline split-screen and i had previously cleared my cache to remove the game patch.

Might be worth a mention?
Old 11-12-2011, 03:21 PM   #83
Matt2803

Matt2803's Gamercard
If people are trying to get Nein and not having much luck make sure you aren't playing it on Recruit.

On Recruit you only get one wave of soldiers not two.
Matt2803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:34 PM   #84
hype

IncredibleHype's Gamercard
why is this not stickied??!!!!

hijo del maliante puro.
hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:47 PM   #85
Blink

JDS Karma's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hype View Post
I second your statement...
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:10 AM   #86
Jaffalpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by hype View Post
Odd thing is I'm pretty sure this was stickied up till a couple of days ago.
Jaffalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:33 AM   #87
johnowl

JOHNOWL's Gamercard
Quote:
No Assistance Required 20
Complete a Special Ops Mission Mode game on Hardened or Veteran with no player getting downed.

The best and easiest map to do this is on is "Milehigh Jack". As it's quite short and not much room for the enemy AI to maneuver, it's the perfect place. I'd start out on a lower difficulty to get where people spawn, and what's best when.

Just be on your toes, and using your flashbangs is a must. The only hiccup in this level is the timer, but once you know what you're doing, it's a breeze. For more helpful info on some Veteran tactics please see the "The Best of the Best" achievement up top.
This is best on "firewall" as no player can get downed i just got this cheevo on vet with a friend
johnowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #88
Trash Man

oO Trash Man Oo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffalpha View Post
Odd thing is I'm pretty sure this was stickied up till a couple of days ago.
I also thought it was. Then I thought I must have been imagining it.

Trash Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:38 PM   #89
PowerPyx

Hey Nozza,
here is a Playlist for the Spec Ops Missions (related to Overachiever Achievement)

http://www.youtube.com/user/PowerPyx...C156D4D3DD725D
PowerPyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:45 AM   #90
phazer

Phazer89's Gamercard
For Serrated Edge, after weakening the Juggernaut I had a friend distract him while I kept knifing him without getting shot at.
phazer is offline   Reply With Quote