PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-10-2011, 05:50 PM   #31
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalElusion View Post
Why does this thread even exist? The only complaint that I have is that this game is going to have me playing it FOREVER and I won't have time for other games. But that is not really a bad thing it just means bethesda did a really good job
The only complaint I have is that the Skyrim forum has a bitching thread

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:15 PM   #32
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Can i complain that im too tired and because of that not enjoying the game as much as i should be even though i got it a day early lol
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11
Killerchronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:15 PM   #33
Iceman9482

Location: Seattle, Washington, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Omega Quadrant

GlaciesMortalis's Gamercard
It has a bitching thread because even though it may be the highest rated game, there are going to be things that piss people off and all AAA games have something that pisses people off. It's just the way it is. The way to look at it is, since the thread is here, use it if needed, otherwise don't worry about it.
Completed Game #50: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Iceman9482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:53 PM   #34
XYMistman

XY Mistman's Gamercard
Quote:
Why does this thread even exist? The only complaint that I have is that this game is going to have me playing it FOREVER and I won't have time for other games. But that is not really a bad thing it just means bethesda did a really good job
Why this thread exist is because bitches exist in all types of ways.
XYMistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #35
FPS GLIMMER

FPS GLIMMER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Im pissed because since modern warfare 3 came out first its going to hurt the sales to this masterpiece.
FPS GLIMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:37 PM   #36
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPS GLIMMER View Post
Im pissed because since modern warfare 3 came out first its going to hurt the sales to this masterpiece.
I dont think so
Old 11-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #37
Kraderic
Banned User

Quote:
hardly. MW3 is a steaming pile of dung. one look at their discussion boards speaks volumes of the massive set-back Infinity Ward took to Treyarch's approach in Black Ops with its added features. No theatre mode, no custom facepaint/emblems, no in-game stat viewing of other players, absolutely no large maps, and quickscoping made a return.
Kraderic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:16 PM   #38
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Hell no. Children's online Daycare shall never compare to the glory of Skyrim.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #39
Loquacious B

Loquacious B's Gamercard
My main gripe is that even after the patch there are a couple of glitches that have prevented me from completing a couple of quests which has totally pissed me off!
Loquacious B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:43 PM   #40
statikcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquacious B View Post
My main gripe is that even after the patch there are a couple of glitches that have prevented me from completing a couple of quests which has totally pissed me off!
Well if you want to gripe.. gripe at Sony and Microsoft. They are often the reason patches on console take so long while on PC the company sometimes posts a hotfix within days. Consoles have lengthy testing for security all patches have to go through. Can be a lengthy process from what I have read.
statikcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:43 PM   #41
francisrossi

francisrossi's Gamercard
My gripe is the on-screen text. It's almost unreadable, as I don't have an HDTV. All squashed and tiny and it also cuts off at the edge of my screen.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:47 PM   #42
vVISLAYERIVv

vVI SLAYER IVv's Gamercard
Glitched pillars in Bleak Falls Barrow making me want to pull my hair out. no matter what I do they will not activate.

Arcade - Dash of Destruction
vVISLAYERIVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:39 AM   #43
darthroker29

Send a message via MSN to darthroker29 Send a message via Yahoo to darthroker29

xHydraSpherex's Gamercard
The only complaint I have is that my stupid gamestop is not having a midnight launch WTF!?!?!?!?! and I got ready for an all nighter fo nothing......fml....
Old 11-11-2011, 01:02 AM   #44
RickyMcG

Tricky Rickay's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthroker29 View Post
The only complaint I have is that my stupid gamestop is not having a midnight launch WTF!?!?!?!?! and I got ready for an all nighter fo nothing......fml....
This.

I'm actually more annoyed that Gamestation told me this morning they would be having a midnight release, only to actually not open. Waste of a drive that I'll have to make again tomorrow. I should have rang prior to leaving, but I thought this morning would be enough confirmation.

Oh well.

Credit to Xerofox for this astounding signature! Thankyou!

RickyMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:58 AM   #45
Suiken

Mr Suplex's Gamercard
Quote:
Why does this thread even exist?
Because apparently someone is angry that he can't steal pillows and spoons...
Suiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #46
TpYourHouse

Send a message via Yahoo to TpYourHouse

TpYourHouse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I want some DLC now. Not that I am done with the game or anything, in fact I don't even have it yet. Hoping for some BIG DLC that takes us to parts of High Rock or Hammerfell. Oh and my only complaint is that... I don't have it yet? 6 more hours... Damnit...

Oh and lol at above post.

Last edited by TpYourHouse; 11-11-2011 at 09:58 AM.
TpYourHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:12 AM   #47
asdfen

I love the game.

Here is what I totally loath.

- the way storage in chests is handled. There is no bank. I need to store my items so i do it in chests. That sometimes leads to having a stash disappear replaced by tomatoes. Why isnt there special storage containers that are going to ensure that my stuff does not disapear? Now I do it in only empty to begin with chests in my house. so in the same menu X button stores items and it is also "take all" button. I care not to say how many times I've had to redo item drop off because of that. Couldnt you assign a different button like idunno Y for instance?! come on.
-favorite menu with pausing combat sucks. There should have been easier access to spells and items without pausing.
-loading times
-people following you in general
-the way that I have to be master marksman to hit npcs with my spells on controller. I would think its not a problem with a mouse.

Last edited by asdfen; 11-11-2011 at 10:18 AM.
asdfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #48
Iceman9482

I have to wait till 10 to pick it up now, and I have to go to work, that sucks.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:13 PM   #49
danksch

danksch's Gamercard
Friendly AI makes me rant!!!!
Not that they randomly get in your way and are INSTANTLY hostile because my flame spell seems to be more area-of-effect-ish than it looks; or when they keep hitting a questgiver because he tests my skills in combat before letting me join a guild.
danksch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #50
PenderPowguin

PenderPowguin's Gamercard

I'm having some texture issues with my installed copy. Someone else was having this issue as well, but, with some snowy areas, the snow looks like a disgusting white blob... I assume they'll patch this issue and it is only but a minor gripe.

My biggest gripe is that I have to work all fucking day.

NEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

"Are you saying we shouldn't hope?"

"I'm saying we should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open!”
- Raistlin Majere

Major props to Rajeanero for this sexy sig!
PenderPowguin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #51
Natz

Send a message via MSN to Natz

NatzTheNutter's Gamercard
Theres no point in this thread yet! when games come out you are pretty much beta testing it once they give it a patch and somethings still wrong then fine...

So I guess the only complaint is why make this thread?
Old 11-11-2011, 04:38 PM   #52
PenderPowguin

PenderPowguin's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natz View Post
Theres no point in this thread yet! when games come out you are pretty much beta testing it once they give it a patch and somethings still wrong then fine...

This post is a little ironic...

You say that there is no point to bitching, because as of now, we're in the beta stage, (though, not really... the game is Gold), but in fact, these bitching threads are important because if the majority of the community is having an issue with the title, the more likely something will be done about it.

People bitch to gain the patch needed.

"Are you saying we shouldn't hope?"

"I'm saying we should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open!”
- Raistlin Majere

Major props to Rajeanero for this sexy sig!
PenderPowguin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:13 PM   #53
Iceman9482

Quote:

There is a day one patch, so there is still bugs, therefore deems the necessity of this thread.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #54
Iceman9482

So I am finally starting to play, and the one gripe I have is that when your crafting you can't see what you have equipped so you don't know if its better or not. Nothing big just a little annoying to back out, look, and have to get back in for a single piece of armor.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:43 PM   #55
francisrossi

francisrossi's Gamercard
Quote:

Erm, no. Beta testing is done before the code goes to the disc manufacturers. Treating paying customers as beta testers is taking the piss at best. Not that that's stopped certain developers over the years, mostly PC gamers, but now consoles too, what with the ability to patch games over XBL/PSN.

As to the graphics, I agree. I was up at Bleak Falls Barrow, and the snowy floor outside was horribly pixelated. Looked like it was only partially loaded but never changed.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:11 AM   #56
wolfzero01

wolfzero01's Gamercard
I've only just started the game, so I don't really have anything to bitch about. but I did encounter a minor glitch: during the opening of the game as you are riding in the cart, for some reason the driver lost control of it & all of the sudden it fell down a hill & the horse was going sideways. then once it reached the gate it just sat there & the game wouldn't advance so I thought that I wasn't going to be able to play the game at all. I restarted the game & it didn't happen again. anyone else have that happen to them?
wolfzero01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:36 AM   #57
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraderic View Post
No theatre mode
While you are correct on the rest of your post, that mode is still there. Also videos are stored locally aswell so no more "lost" ones. However they take up space without asking, though im sure its capped at 50 or so like before and they are only a few mb's each.

//ontopic

Still nothing to bitch about.
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11
Killerchronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:19 AM   #58
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Talk about fucking anti-climactic. Way up north in Winterhold and I'm in a fist fight with a dragon (I do that shit bare-handed son) and with just a sliver of life left, I down the beast. As I'm absorbing the soul, all of a sudden out of nowhere a wolf comes up from behind me, takes one bite, and I die before the soul is even fully collected.

I guess what I'm bitching about is the unrealistic AI. I don't expect it to be perfect by any means. No Bethesda game is, but I'm fairly certain the sight of an enormous flying fire-breathing dragon would scare the piss out of anything in the area and send it running, not bring it in for a fight...
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:29 AM   #59
MrTaste

burntout2800's Gamercard
Who's idea was it to put dragons, swords, people, trees, bears, rabbits, ,buterflys, bees, glowworms, salmon, smithing, mining and buildings in this game. Its completly ruined it .

Only real complaint, I miss my leveling up strength, building up the run and jump etc. There not a major issue, but did miss that in small way. This game will be taking my life up for awhile.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:35 AM   #60
theNomad

PureNomad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by francisrossi View Post
My gripe is the on-screen text. It's almost unreadable, as I don't have an HDTV. All squashed and tiny and it also cuts off at the edge of my screen.
Mine as well, the on-screen text on none HDTV's really sucks, and boy are some of those textures up close ugly, I might try to play it from disc.

Also during my first 5 hour stint I got one frozen moment right during my first mage lesson. And one really bad moment while stealing an horse, it became invisible and looked like I was riding a broomstick (I never remember zelda orcana of time having horse glitches and that was around 15 years ago).

I've been playing TES since Morrowind and maybe its just a little hard to live up to the hype and our own expectations, but I feel the glitches could bring this from an epic 9.5 to a more realistic 8.8/9.0 score.
theNomad is offline   Reply With Quote