PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-14-2011, 08:11 PM   #91
H0LLATIP

My only complaint is that the spiders look way too damn rea, effff that.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:13 PM   #92
IronBrutzler

Send a message via ICQ to IronBrutzler

IronBrutzler's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
The inability to decorate homes! This was a staple of the series for me in Morrowind and even Oblivion to a degree, but without the grab button and dropping objects not being connected to your reticule, there's no way to set up your home beyond the couple weapon displays and book shelves. It seems to me that actual role playing has taking a back seat in role playing games for sandbox adventures (The dungeons are fun and obnoxiously long at time) but the game put too much emphasis on killing and looting and not enough on the freedom of being whatever you want and doing whatever you want. I will miss being abl to decorate homes and I hope it's ssomething they add in later with DLC. I'm sitting on a stash of skulls and troll skulls that I want to use for decoration, but can't...
You can grab items just hold on the item and you can move it like in Oblivion.

Last edited by IronBrutzler; 11-15-2011 at 05:38 PM.
IronBrutzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #93
Demolition D

Demolition D's Gamercard
The only complaint I have is, I wish I had more time to play!
Demolition D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:31 PM   #94
SIMPLYMIDGET

simplymidget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
The inability to decorate homes! This was a staple of the series for me in Morrowind and even Oblivion to a degree, but without the grab button and dropping objects not being connected to your reticule, there's no way to set up your home beyond the couple weapon displays and book shelves. It seems to me that actual role playing has taking a back seat in role playing games for sandbox adventures (The dungeons are fun and obnoxiously long at time) but the game put too much emphasis on killing and looting and not enough on the freedom of being whatever you want and doing whatever you want. I will miss being abl to decorate homes and I hope it's ssomething they add in later with DLC. I'm sitting on a stash of skulls and troll skulls that I want to use for decoration, but can't...
?? You can hold the use button down and move objects where you want them. The fire pit in my Whiterun home has troll skulls at each corner. I also put the butterfly in a jar on my table. Potions on my book shelves, etc. Not sure what's holding you back?

OHHH and you can also do this with bodies. I moved a bunch of bodies outside of Whiterun into a big pile as a warning to bandits and Stormcloaks.

160 completed games [Includes all DLC]

Don't waste time pulling off the petals. Cut off the head. - Spirit of Summer [God], Ryse

SIMPLYMIDGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:42 PM   #95
Demon Eyes Cain

Demon Eyes Cain's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman9482 View Post
Exactly. It does this when I open the menu too.
Go into your game options and turn off auto-saving in the menus. I encountered this problem for a while and noticed there was an option to auto-save after you've spent so many collective minutes in menus. It's terrible and makes no sense.
Demon Eyes Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:07 PM   #96
Obi-Brown

fluke939's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1 Punk View Post
Sometimes when I press up or down on my D-pad to select a favored spell, I can't scroll up or down for a couple of seconds.
yeah i've noticed a little lag there, and on the menu when you press B too.

this game is awesome, but there are a few issues, here's what's pissed me off so far:
- happened a few times, in a fight, not taking much damage, doing ok when suddenly... why is it in 3rd person mode, why can't i move, oh great, i've been executed. mind telling me why?
- when i was a low level, in a bar room brawl with some guy, most people have formed a circle round me. i've nearly won and i'm mashing the punch button. some bitch walks between us, i hit her by accident, she pulls out a great sword, kills me in one.
- trying to find a route up a mountain, look at the map, it's covered in clouds, can't see a thing

also i'm a little worried that some of the RPG elements of the game are getting progressively dumbed down. example, in morrowind, melee had many skills, blunt, axe, spear, hand to hand, long and short blade. then oblivion shortened it to just blade, blunt and hand to hand. now it's only one handed and two handed. also there used to be so many more spell effects you could use, and with all these massive mountains, we could really use fly, or at least slow fall.
oh well, as long as it doesn't go as simplistic as mass effect 2. i'd just like to see another game as hardcore as morrowind. you could spend hours just in the menus.

Working On
Skyrim, Deus Ex, Dead Space, Enslaved, ME2, Hitman Abs, FA:NV, Borderlands
Obi-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:16 PM   #97
Obi-Brown

fluke939's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbullser View Post
Won't let me get into a cave on the main quest stand there hitting A for an hour gone back to old save and nothing works 15 hour
Of game down the drain !!
you know that with some caves you don't need to press A to enter, you just keep walking into the mouth of the cave and it loads the interior. it's confusing cus it comes up with the text like a door, but it doesn't have the press A symbol.
if there's no door and just a big opening, then just keep walking into it

Working On
Skyrim, Deus Ex, Dead Space, Enslaved, ME2, Hitman Abs, FA:NV, Borderlands
Obi-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:25 PM   #98
tscheetz1324

PrivatePudd24's Gamercard
i really have no major problems with this game,i did change the controls a little and raised the difficulty,but overall this game is amazing in my oppinion
tscheetz1324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:02 PM   #99
Echilion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Brown View Post
also i'm a little worried that some of the RPG elements of the game are getting progressively dumbed down. example, in morrowind, melee had many skills, blunt, axe, spear, hand to hand, long and short blade. then oblivion shortened it to just blade, blunt and hand to hand. now it's only one handed and two handed. also there used to be so many more spell effects you could use, and with all these massive mountains, we could really use fly, or at least slow fall.
oh well, as long as it doesn't go as simplistic as mass effect 2. i'd just like to see another game as hardcore as morrowind. you could spend hours just in the menus.
Happens to so many games today .

It seems the only ones really avoiding this trend are JRPGs, but even then some of them are guilty of this.

My game keeps freezing, 7 times in 2 hours, ugh.
Echilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #100
I CR0W I

I CR0W I's Gamercard
Unhappy

Where to begin?

The start of the game has some scripted running away from a Dragon thing that felt like Call of Duty: Dragon Warfare or something. Not cool. I liked getting off the boat in Morrowind and getting thrown right out the door once I'd made my character. This is what I play open world games for.

No Unarmed skill. Sad as I played Morrowind and Oblivion as an unarmed Monk...and even Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Poor show.

No Alchemy unless you're at a specific table. Boo.

Magic, while it has many improvements, has less options than ever and the constant "flamethrower" style stream of energy makes enemy mages a bore to fight.

The graphical style of the world I found off-putting. Something about the shaders or bump mapping...I dunno...there is a sheen to the world that just doesn't look right on a medieval game.

Melee is dumbed down ridiculously. I miss the old thrust/slash/chop system. Even Oblivion had different moves for different stick directions held...it wasn't a big issue in Fallout as it was primarily a gun game but in a melee focused title I expect some degree of depth to the combat.

Most dragons die like dogs.

Kids. Invincible kids. Invincible smart mouth kids. Piss off.

No classic Dark Elf voice! (personal rather than actual game flaw)

Menus are terrible and text/location popup in HUD looks too modern.

Regenerating health seems a bit fast (maybe just a low level issue)

Lack of quest options. Some guy wants me to steal a ring and plant it on some guy so he gets accused. Fine. If I talk to the guy they want to frame it's generally standard fare to give me the option to tell him that people are conspiring against him. Maybe I didn't try hard enough with this particular quest but I wasn't liking the lack of options there seemed to be in the game.

Having to unlock perks you don't want to unlock the perks you do want further down the line. Don't see why we can't just pick and choose as long as they keep the level requirement there...

Think that's it. Really expected more from this game.
DORITOS DASH OF DESTRUCTION

I AM GR8 @ GAEMS
I CR0W I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:31 PM   #101
harshx4u

harshx4u's Gamercard
love the game so far, the only thing that drives me nuts is getting over encumbered all the time and have to travel back to town 2-3 times in a dungeon for most dungeons. then getting tired of selling things every 5 minutes so i put all the stuff i wanted to sell in a barrel, then one time i go back randomly having everything gone, cool i read in a loading screen you might be missing stuff if you store it in a place that you dont own but id like to see the thief carrying over 2000 pounds of crap i had in that barrel lol (i didnt own a house at the time because i didnt do main quest was just walking around clearing out places. better believe i own a house now)
harshx4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:55 PM   #102
TombRaiser

TombRaiser's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I CR0W I View Post
Having to unlock perks you don't want to unlock the perks you do want further down the line. Don't see why we can't just pick and choose as long as they keep the level requirement there...
At first, I actually thought that we could unlock whichever perks we wanted, but as I progress in leveling up, it seems that we can't just pick and choose.

I would like to be able to make Dragon Armor without having to spend all my perks on the rest in the list. I'd really like to invest my perks on things that give me advantage, like increase weapon damage, armor protection, and sneak kill bonuses.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:09 PM   #103
linus614

l LINUS l's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
My only gripe is the American accents, no offense intended to any americans but it would of been better with Nordic/Scandinavian accents, i half expect a character to say "sup dude, there's a douche over in lake yorgrim who's been dissing my sister, i want you to get over there and kick his butt"
And I chuckled
Old 11-18-2011, 09:28 PM   #104
graphicwheeler

graphicwheeler's Gamercard
My game freezes as well.
Also when you in a dungeon and your looking for stuff (not saving) and you get stuck in a group of rocks and can't get out.... so you have to reload a save from an hour ago.
graphicwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:41 AM   #105
Iceman9482

Location: Seattle, Washington, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Omega Quadrant

GlaciesMortalis's Gamercard
I am still pissed that I can't install it yet to have it load faster.
Completed Game #50: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Iceman9482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:24 AM   #106
MewMew

MewMew34's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
I really hate how most of the chests in dungeons and such aren't locked. I like lockpicking in this game. Much better system than in Oblivion. But, I never get to use it! I'm not a thief type so I don't tend to break into people's houses. Even if I'm looting a house where I've had to kill everyone in it during a quest, they never bothered to lock their chests and I can just open them right up, no problem. It's kind of disappointing.

MewMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:11 AM   #107
Krat0s5

Krat0s5's Gamercard
awsome game or so i thought ive gotten quite far into the main story line and decide to take a break to complete the theives guild quest line (as stealing, lockpicking and generally sneaking around is sweet in elder scrolls games) i get 3 quests in and i belive it has glitched on me, i didnt get the next quest even though i got told i need to speak to some one and that some one isn't were they are ment to be.

its not quite game breaking beacause of the vast amounts of other stuff to do in the game, but it's super annoying that i cant finish one of the main parts of the game.

if anyone knows of a walkaround and or a fix for this bug please let me know.
and i dont want to go back to a previous saved game because i have done loads of the side missions for the theives guild.

and so others dont get caught out i found out that i happens after the 3rd quest for the theives guild and you need to go through all the dialouge with the quest giver (make sure you do a save before speaking with him) and if it dosent pop up in the top left corner of the screen that you have a new quest load an old save and try again
Krat0s5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:14 PM   #108
francisrossi

francisrossi's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krat0s5 View Post
awsome game or so i thought ive gotten quite far into the main story line and decide to take a break to complete the theives guild quest line (as stealing, lockpicking and generally sneaking around is sweet in elder scrolls games) i get 3 quests in and i belive it has glitched on me, i didnt get the next quest even though i got told i need to speak to some one and that some one isn't were they are ment to be.

its not quite game breaking beacause of the vast amounts of other stuff to do in the game, but it's super annoying that i cant finish one of the main parts of the game.

if anyone knows of a walkaround and or a fix for this bug please let me know.
and i dont want to go back to a previous saved game because i have done loads of the side missions for the theives guild.

and so others dont get caught out i found out that i happens after the 3rd quest for the theives guild and you need to go through all the dialouge with the quest giver (make sure you do a save before speaking with him) and if it dosent pop up in the top left corner of the screen that you have a new quest load an old save and try again
You're not the only one with glitched quests. I can't do Waking Nightmare, as Erandur has vanished inside the chapel, leaving the hidden door closed behind him.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #109
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
well i am not that far along in the game, just got the quest for "the golden claw." i made it all the way to that puzzle with the symbols, and it says i need the claw..

then i realized it was burried in that guys dead body, the one who fleed right after you cut him out of those webs. i would have to go all the way back and if i remember correct he was lying right next to a booby trap. lol, facepalm. i was trying to spin that puzzle for like 30m before i thought of wtf the "golden claw" actually was.
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:31 AM   #110
theelk81

Okay the random dragon attacks are pissing me off now.

Great idea in theory but I have 3 towns without blacksmiths now. Every other time I fast travel to a town I get a dragon attack and its always the blacksmith that gets involved. These type of NPCs shloudnt be able to be killed unless done by the player.
theelk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:47 AM   #111
Iceman9482

Location: Seattle, Washington, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Omega Quadrant

GlaciesMortalis's Gamercard
So Markarth is no completely bugged for me, I can't get taken to jail due to a quest and the guards are now going to keep attacking me or talk to me in circles.
Completed Game #50: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Iceman9482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #112
Graivul

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Can't really say there is a lot to bitch about in Skyrim, it is just that good!

If I had to 'nit-pick' I would say that the Encumbrance system for carrying items is a bit tedious at times.

Also a touch of really nasty lag here and there.

I know there are a few bugs and glitches here and there that people have had problems with but beyond that it is just a great game!

Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:38 AM   #113
IIISETIII

xFrankWhite's Gamercard
I do like Skyrim a lot but the gameplay can be very tedious at times. Constantly having to bring up the favorites menu to switch between items kind of sucks. I find that I have to do it way too much. Maybe I'm just playing the game wrong. Also, being weighted down or over encumbered is my other main gripe with the game. You can't just go out and do quests without constantly having to return to the town where you have your house to sell/store stuff.
IIISETIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:10 AM   #114
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by niko da bos View Post
well i am not that far along in the game, just got the quest for "the golden claw." i made it all the way to that puzzle with the symbols, and it says i need the claw..

then i realized it was burried in that guys dead body, the one who fleed right after you cut him out of those webs. i would have to go all the way back and if i remember correct he was lying right next to a booby trap. lol, facepalm. i was trying to spin that puzzle for like 30m before i thought of wtf the "golden claw" actually was.
not sure how this is a bitch...The game tells you what to do with white arrows pointing where you need to go....

Seems really hard to mess up.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #115
FangtasticBite

FangtasticBite's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIISETIII View Post
I do like Skyrim a lot but the gameplay can be very tedious at times. Constantly having to bring up the favorites menu to switch between items kind of sucks. I find that I have to do it way too much. Maybe I'm just playing the game wrong
You can set 2 of your favorites to the left and right buttons so you dont have to keep stopping and and looking through the menu.

Quote:
Also, being weighted down or over encumbered is my other main gripe with the game. You can't just go out and do quests without constantly having to return to the town where you have your house to sell/store stuff.
There are lots of ways to increase the amount you can carry. Getting Stamina when you level up increases the amount. The steed stone gives 100 extra carry weight and removes the weight of armour you are wearing. You can also enchant items to let you carry more. One of the skills has a perk that lets you carry another 100. There are potions for a temporary boost ...
Old 01-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #116
IIISETIII

xFrankWhite's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FangtasticBite View Post
You can set 2 of your favorites to the left and right buttons so you dont have to keep stopping and and looking through the menu.
I have my bows hot keyed. I still have to do it every time I want to use a potion or change a piece of armor or jewelry. Imo it would have been cool if they let you hot key a full loadout instead of just one item.

Quote:
There are lots of ways to increase the amount you can carry. Getting Stamina when you level up increases the amount. The steed stone gives 100 extra carry weight and removes the weight of armour you are wearing. You can also enchant items to let you carry more. One of the skills has a perk that lets you carry another 100. There are potions for a temporary boost ...
Is the steed stone one of the standing stones? I don't believe that one was added to my map when the others were. I need to find it.

I know about the others you mentioned. The Extra Pockets perk was one of the first ones I went for once I realized how important it was.

I have a set of boots now that increases my carry weight by 40, which is really ony 31 because they weigh 9. I've already tried to learn that enchantment and use it on a different set of boots but my current level doesn't allow me to get it back to a 40 or even a 30. I'm only a level 28 atm but I've leveled my Enchantment perk to a 75 already and I still can't get it that high. Well, maybe now I could if I used an Enchanter's Philter.

You're still going to end up over encumbered if you don't keep returning to a town and sell/store your stuff. Maybe I would feel comfortable enough to do a second quest without returning if I had that steed stone blessing.

Oh and why is there no type of confirmation when you find one of the treasures? I'm almost certain that I found the Treasure IV but I have no real way of knowing.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #117
FangtasticBite

Quote:
Is the steed stone one of the standing stones? I don't believe that one was added to my map when the others were. I need to find it.
It is west of Solitude. I find it to be one of the more useful stones. Especially if your wearing heavy armour and dont have the weightless perk.

Quote:
Oh and why is there no type of confirmation when you find one of the treasures? I'm almost certain that I found the Treasure IV but I have no real way of knowing.
If you are talking about the Treasure Maps, they do not work. Should be patched some time soon ... hopefully
Old 01-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #118
IIISETIII

xFrankWhite's Gamercard
Quote:
It is west of Solitude. I find it to be one of the more useful stones. Especially if your wearing heavy armour and dont have the weightless perk.
Lol I didn't even know there was a weightless perk. I haven't been to too many places. I'm trying to clear up a bunch of the quests from Whiterun before I move on. I feel it will be easier to keep track of what I'm doing. I was in Windhelm and Markarth briefly. Other than that I have only been to the smaller villages.

Quote:
If you are talking about the Treasure Maps, they do not work. Should be patched some time soon ... hopefully
What do you mean exactly when you say they don't work? I found some really cool loot in a chest right where I thought the treasure for Treasure Map IV should have been. Then right after I found that treasure I found Treasure Map III in a different chest. Don't know if that was coincidence or not.

Last edited by IIISETIII; 01-12-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #119
FangtasticBite

Quote:
What do you mean exactly when you say they don't work? I found some really cool loot in a chest right where I thought the treasure for Treasure Map IV should have been. Then right after I found that treasure I found Treasure Map III in a different chest. Don't know if that was coincidence or not.
I have 6 maps but didnt find the treasure for them yet. Patch 1.2 apparently broke them (chests would not spawn)... Maybe patch 1.3 fixed them tho? I dunno ... I havent checked myself since.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:01 AM   #120
francisrossi

francisrossi's Gamercard
Quote:
You could create a spell in Oblivion to do it. Sadly that got thrown out of the window for Skyrim.