PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Strategy > Age of Booty
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-22-2011, 09:29 PM   #1
SoG Lord Kratos

Glendaal Shadax's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
My strategy to easily get past 7 on hard

Hey guys,

I saw a lot of people having issues with stage 7 on hard, so I thought I could give you some help on beating it.

It took me a lot of time to figure out something good and I gotta admit at first I thought it was impossible, but I managed to beat it with 9:00 left on the clock with that strategy, hope it'll work for you as well.

First of all, upgrade a speed and a power at the beginning and go take Nassau as quickly as you can. Once it's done, stay patient, never go too far from Nassau and pick up every power up nearby. If enemies comes close just stay put by Nassau's border and they are not gonna bother you. The main objective is to upgrade Nassau to level 3, because once it's done, AI won't bother trying to attack it. Meanwhile, attack nearby villages but don't think about keeping them, just grab them so you can make the AI work a little bit and keep them from upgrading their towns themselves. Every time you can power up, take a power first, then a speed, keep the defense for last once you have fully upgraded the other two.

Once Nassau is level 3, go for another 8 gold bars, once you have it, take the town left of Nassau and fully upgrade it immediately, stay put at the border until it's fully recovered. Once it's done you are nearly assured of the victory, juste take two more towns, I personaly took all the left side, and it worked great, I even tried that strategy 2 more times and I got it everytime. The key is to be patient, if you go on a hunt as soon as you get a village you won't get it.

Here it is, hope it helps, note that this game is very random and you need some luck for a lot of factors, I dont guarantee that strategy to work 100% of the time but I'm pretty sure you can get it 7 times out of 10 with this
115 100% games including downloadable content. Last 10 100%: Bang Bang Racing, SVC: Golden Axe, Sniper Elite V2, DJ Hero, Trials Evolution, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Deathsmiles 2x, Rocket Knight, Boom Boom Rocket, Braid
SoG Lord Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:09 PM   #2
AlmightyZing

Almighty Zing's Gamercard
I don't know how you're getting so much gold so fast. All I ever see is barrels and trees and there's only one town that gives gold. Patience doesn't always win either. Green team just beat me in 4 minutes. I don't know whats more annoying, the fact that its 1 vs 3 vs 3 vs 3 or the fact that all of their ships are heavily upgraded from the start
AlmightyZing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:35 AM   #3
SoG Lord Kratos

Glendaal Shadax's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyZing View Post
I don't know how you're getting so much gold so fast. All I ever see is barrels and trees and there's only one town that gives gold. Patience doesn't always win either. Green team just beat me in 4 minutes. I don't know whats more annoying, the fact that its 1 vs 3 vs 3 vs 3 or the fact that all of their ships are heavily upgraded from the start
I know how you feel I was heavily annoyed by those facts too, although I think its pretty much 1 from each team on mission 7, except for the brown team that are 2 of them. Well once you upgrade Nassau once, try to capture a town that gives you money, I think the one just south of Nassau gives you money quickly, stay at Nassau's border and go get it when no ennemies are around, thats how you're gonna get some money, and scavenging treasures that are floating around gives you money too if you're a bit lucky. The main issue to my strategy is that AI can capture 4 towns before you fully upgrade Nassau, but it won't happen every time. Good luck!
115 100% games including downloadable content. Last 10 100%: Bang Bang Racing, SVC: Golden Axe, Sniper Elite V2, DJ Hero, Trials Evolution, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Deathsmiles 2x, Rocket Knight, Boom Boom Rocket, Braid
SoG Lord Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:46 AM   #4
Sebiona

Sebiona's Gamercard
Man I hate this level... It´s incredible that you´ve managed to clear it!
Congrats dude!
Sebiona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:47 PM   #5
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
gotten close a few times but in the end they always seem to go out of their way to screw me, there will be times it seems where everybody will just attack me or my towns ignoring the other 4 teams on the map....very annoying indeed
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #6
Phrozan

phrozan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I'm going to try this tactic thanks for the post man. I was focused way to much on just upgrading my shit rather than taking Nassau right away.
Arcade Completed Games 71
Phrozan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:04 AM   #7
Jaywalker21

xBOOMx JaySonic's Gamercard
Here's what I did. I upgraded my cannons fully from the start, before eventually upgrading my whole ship. Then i took Nassau and defended it until I could fully upgrade it. Then I would move to the town below it (with the two gold icons) and upgrade it fully when I had the chance. Then it was just a waiting game from then on out. I would move back and forth to make sure no AI ships were attacking my towns. Toward the end, I would look for weak towns and take them just before the timer expired. This took only a couple tries, a lot less tries than Medium 7. The reason this worked for me was because early on, I realized that the AI was going at it with each other. Occasionally, one pirate "clan" would get close to winning, but then would drop down soon after. Almost every attempt, we were all tied with 1 town each. So I waited until the end to take the lead and let the timer expire. I hope this works for you guys.
Jaywalker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #8
DaddyFatSnacks

DaddyFatSnacks's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaywalker21 View Post
Here's what I did. I upgraded my cannons fully from the start, before eventually upgrading my whole ship. Then i took Nassau and defended it until I could fully upgrade it. Then I would move to the town below it (with the two gold icons) and upgrade it fully when I had the chance. Then it was just a waiting game from then on out. I would move back and forth to make sure no AI ships were attacking my towns. Toward the end, I would look for weak towns and take them just before the timer expired. This took only a couple tries, a lot less tries than Medium 7. The reason this worked for me was because early on, I realized that the AI was going at it with each other. Occasionally, one pirate "clan" would get close to winning, but then would drop down soon after. Almost every attempt, we were all tied with 1 town each. So I waited until the end to take the lead and let the timer expire. I hope this works for you guys.
Thanks alot man. I used this method and got it on the first try, after failing it for about 2 solid hours using other methods.Thankfully I never have to do that challenge again.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:29 AM   #9
Jaywalker21

xBOOMx JaySonic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyFatSnacks View Post
Thanks alot man. I used this method and got it on the first try, after failing it for about 2 solid hours using other methods.Thankfully I never have to do that challenge again.
Glad I could help you man. I know how much stress and rage this game can bring lol. I too am thankful I never have to deal with the challenges again.
Jaywalker21 is offline   Reply With Quote