PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-11-2014, 07:46 PM   #1
Exaelia

exaelia's Gamercard
About The Skyrim Achievements

In everyone's honest opinion, how difficult was it to get all 50 of them? I want to accomplish this feat, but I'm horrible at Skyrim and I get lost easily, even with maps and whatever. But for a lot you guys, you're experts, so I'd like your opinion and maybe some tips that can help me not be a lame idiot. Also, I'm sorry if this thread is in the wrong place, I'm new around here.
Exaelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:02 PM   #2
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - troy0891   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - DeekBoy   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaelia View Post
In everyone's honest opinion, how difficult was it to get all 50 of them? I want to accomplish this feat, but I'm horrible at Skyrim and I get lost easily, even with maps and whatever. But for a lot you guys, you're experts, so I'd like your opinion and maybe some tips that can help me not be a lame idiot. Also, I'm sorry if this thread is in the wrong place, I'm new around here.
Welcome to the site.

First, you should have a look in the Skyrim forum, Here, it's chocked full of info regarding almost every aspect of the game. You can also find the achievement guides there for the main game and each of the DLC's.

Or if you prefer you can just look at the complete achievement guide on the Skyrim section of the main site, which you can find Here.

I have it completed myself, so in my opinion i'd say that it was pretty easy. It's very long, but just based on difficulty i'd give it like a 2 or 3/10.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:11 PM   #3
Exaelia

exaelia's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Welcome to the site.

First, you should have a look in the Skyrim forum, Here, it's chocked full of info regarding almost every aspect of the game. You can also find the achievement guides there for the main game and each of the DLC's.

Or if you prefer you can just look at the complete achievement guide on the Skyrim section of the main site, which you can find Here.

I have it completed myself, so in my opinion i'd say that it was pretty easy. It's very long, but just based on difficulty i'd give it like a 2 or 3/10.

Well, more than anything, I just wanted some opinions, that's all. Am I able to move this thread or would a mod have to do that?
Exaelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:27 PM   #4
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - troy0891   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - DeekBoy   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Well, more than anything, I just wanted some opinions, that's all. Am I able to move this thread or would a mod have to do that?
A mod would have to do it. If you click this underneath your name in your first post, you can report the thread and just put in the comments box that you would like it moved to the Skyrim forum and it will be done when one of the Mods gets around to it.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:49 PM   #5
Sizzy

I can't remember, but as far as difficulty goes, probably a 1? Time on the other hand is a different matter. I played that game so much on the 360 that it took 2-3 minutes to load any time I used a door.

As far as I recall, difficulty doesn't effect achievements, so you can set it to the easiest mode and breeze through the game (combat wise). It will still probably take you 30-40 hours if you're doing things as fast as possible to get all the achievements.

A lot of people are bad with maps, but there are probably 130 different locations in this game so you'll get familiar with using a map at some point.

Last edited by Sizzy; 11-12-2014 at 08:12 PM.
Sizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 11:53 PM   #6
Floyd XBA
Community Representative

Floyd XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Like Scotty said, wrong forum, but no big deal; it will be taken care of.

I have it completed, too. Definitely not hard. I was around the 130hr mark, but I was dicking around a lot, and it should only take half that time. Still a large time investment, but fun
Old 11-12-2014, 07:16 AM   #7
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Not including dlc it took me 145 hours taking my time enjoying the game to 1000 it. I never picked up the dlc cause I had already spent so much time with it I was afraid I would get burnt out on the game. It isn't hard to 1000 but it is very very very time consuming. For road to 1000 i give it a 6/10. (One above average) Only because of the amount of time you must dedicate to it. I would say harder then Fallout 3 but easier then too many games to name lol.

Thanks goes to Captain Slaughter for the signature.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:41 AM   #8
Slaughter XBA
Lost

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
+1 to Scotty for being helpful to new members.

To answer your question, it's not hard but they are time consuming. The time flies by and tr game itself is addicting. Not in a Destiny kind of way, but you will always be looking forward to the next thing you do.

My Gallery
| XBA Blog
I put the laughter in slaughter.
Slaughter XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:42 PM   #9
Kairi

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Runner Up   A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Quote:
I just moved this thread for you! If you ever need a moderator to move a thread or something, feel free to use the report feature (as Scotty has explained for you), or you can contact me and I'll take care of it.
I don't mind when I dream, but I've been scalded by steam, but I try not to dream about you

ALL HAIL FRANCIS!
Kairi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:46 PM   #10
datmanydocris

Location: Middletown, PA, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe A

DatManYdocris's Gamercard
Quote:
As Scotty said, welcome to the site. If you're talking about the original 50 achievements, none of them are very difficult. A lot of them are time consuming, but not overly difficult. The only one of the original achievements that I would consider hard would be oblivion walker, but again, that is just mainly time consuming. Overall, I say that you should get the game. It's a good game, good achievements.

If you want, you can check out the roadmap and achievement guide for Skyrim here and the achievement discussion thread here.

Live long and obey Wheaton's Law
My Games Collection
Retail Completions - 5 Arcade Completions- 2 W8/WP8 Completions - 6 Steam Completions - 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt. View Post
Not even ninja'd, hit by a slow moving thug...

Last edited by datmanydocris; 11-13-2014 at 02:49 PM.
datmanydocris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 03:38 AM   #11
the real a 0bsolete

A 0bsolete's Gamercard
it wasn't hard at all. it took a little bit of time, but honestly i wish it would have been more of a challenge and taken a little longer. this is one of the best games on the 360 and one of the few games i played after getting all the achievements. i've logged 250-300hrs . have fun.