PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-10-2011, 07:57 PM   #331
trashmanofdeath

bocoff1911's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe View Post
i dont think the greybeards die anyway, i tried lol

and you dont need to atatck them to level sneaking, just keep moving, theres several places you can do this, like when an enemy is in the next room and unlikely to find you just rubber band the controller and walk against a wall

if money is a problem just go hunting, bears and saber cat pelts give 4 leather each (all pelts and hides give leather, but those give the most) then each leather gives 4 leather strips, then you can make leather bracers. no need for any money

then you can enchant the bracers to boost enchanting, and sell them to a merchant to speech and get gold
Its better to attack than to just walk because u get more exp.
trashmanofdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:40 PM   #332
xXRorazonXx

xXRorazonXx's Gamercard
Very helpful guide.
xXRorazonXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:52 PM   #333
ChromiumDragon

ChromiumDragon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post

Darkness Returns - 10
Complete "Darkness Returns"

For the second Thieves Guild achievement, you’ll have to partake in a few thieves guild jobs first. The following are missions required for this achievement:

- Loud and Clear – A nice little heist job of sorts.
- Dampened Spirits – Someone wants you to do some of their dirty work.
- Speaking With Silence – Head into the dark depths of the Snow Veil Sanctum.
- Hard Answers – Head to Winterhold and beyond.
- Darkness Returns – The less said, the better, just complete this quest.
- The Pursuit – Head back to the thieves guild and begin this new quest.
- Trinity Restored – Take a trip to get something of great power.
- Blindsighted – Travel somewhere and get something important.
- Darkness Returns – Finish it, once and for all.
I would consider listing this as a glitched achievement.

Under certain circumstances, you cannot legitimately enter the Pilgrim's Path at all, relying on a glitch in the wall to get you into the dungeon. And once you're in, there is no way out other than completing the quest.

The end of the quest also has its own issues. After Nocturnal gives you her little speech, you need to talk to Karliah. The problem is that when you try, she gives you no dialogue options, and gets stuck saying nothing more than "Yes, fellow nightingale?". The mission cannot continue, and you're left trapped in the dungeon.

Waiting, spamming the A button, reloading, turning the xbox off and on, clearing the cache, etc. all do not help. You're trapped in the dungeon, and reloading from a previous save from before you entered the dungeon is your only option, and the quest remains uncompletable.

And if you don't have a previous save from before you even entered the dungeon, starting a new game is your only option. I had to start from a previous save from a day before. Argh. 10 hours of work, gone.

Some people have gotten this, others get stuck at "yes, fellow nightingale?" It's glitched, and IMO should be listed accordingly.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:30 PM   #334
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Deity View Post
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I ran into a horrible bug today. Do NOT sell the Thieves Guild armor or else you won't be able to get the last achievement associated with that quest line. I've sunk 90+ hours into this game only to be so discouraged I'm not picking it up again until they fix this issue.
yup, look a couple posts up.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:32 PM   #335
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromiumDragon View Post
I would consider listing this as a glitched achievement.

Under certain circumstances, you cannot legitimately enter the Pilgrim's Path at all, relying on a glitch in the wall to get you into the dungeon. And once you're in, there is no way out other than completing the quest.

The end of the quest also has its own issues. After Nocturnal gives you her little speech, you need to talk to Karliah. The problem is that when you try, she gives you no dialogue options, and gets stuck saying nothing more than "Yes, fellow nightingale?". The mission cannot continue, and you're left trapped in the dungeon.

Waiting, spamming the A button, reloading, turning the xbox off and on, clearing the cache, etc. all do not help. You're trapped in the dungeon, and reloading from a previous save from before you entered the dungeon is your only option, and the quest remains uncompletable.

And if you don't have a previous save from before you even entered the dungeon, starting a new game is your only option. I had to start from a previous save from a day before. Argh. 10 hours of work, gone.

Some people have gotten this, others get stuck at "yes, fellow nightingale?" It's glitched, and IMO should be listed accordingly.
well known glitches, unfortunately, but they didn't happen to me.

This is why I save every 10 minutes, and keep about 20 saves. Always a good idea.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:57 AM   #336
ChromiumDragon

ChromiumDragon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowr4ven View Post
well known glitches, unfortunately, but they didn't happen to me.
just because they didn't happen to you doesn't mean they won't happen to others. It's like "Blood on the ice" -- a very commonly glitched side quest that worked perfectly for me. The difference between the two, though, is that (a) this one is tied to an achievement, and (b) can render your game unplayable if you're not careful.

Achievement hunters are more likely to try going through this quest through any means necessary to try to get the achievement without having to play through a second time, and IMO the achievement should be listed as glitched so they can get fair warning.

Quote:
This is why I save every 10 minutes, and keep about 20 saves. Always a good idea.
Yep. I usually do. I'm on save #210 or something like that. Today, though, I went full retard and didn't save like I was supposed to, and paid for it.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:43 AM   #337
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowr4ven View Post
are you sure? Because I've killed them and the armor is not lootable.

you should be able to steal it if you leveled your pickpocketing skill high enough, and used a perk to steal equipped items.
Fallout: New Vegas = 70,000 Achievement Points
Alan Wake = 60,000 Achievement Points
Magna Carta 2 = 50,000 Achievement Points
Phantasy Star 2 40,000 Achievement points
Fallout 3 = 30,000 Achievement Points
GTA IV = 20,000 Achievement Points
Madden 08 = 10,000 Achievement Points

Achieved 100K GS on lego batman 2's 100% completion achievement
Ray5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:26 AM   #338
darthroker29

Send a message via MSN to darthroker29 Send a message via Yahoo to darthroker29

xHydraSpherex's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post

One with the Shadows - 30
Returned the Thieves Guild to its former glory
Idk if this has been mention before, but the way I did it was I counted missions in a city and it was 5 before I got the big one. So to make sure you get a city that u need, save before you talk to vex and delvin and if you dont get the city you wanted just reload and try again. Remember, Riften DOES NOT count. It took me no time to get the cheevo this way. Hope this helps!
Old 12-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #339
King Master Hot

King Master Hot's Gamercard
Many thanks for the guide Webb, it's been ultra helpful! 1000g soon enough!
King Master Hot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:02 PM   #340
djspencee

djspencee's Gamercard
The Thieves Guild missions are so repetitive, but I'm almost done with them so no big deal.
djspencee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:31 PM   #341
collin232

iremnantsx's Gamercard
I reeeeeeeally wish that I read this earlier because I refused to help Eola in the Understone Keep so now I can't get one of the daedric artifacts and that achievement is lost to my current character forever. That is if there is only 15 artifacts to find which then yes I screwed myself.

Brohoof /)*(\
40000 GS reached 3/1/2014 Recon Battlefield 4 (Xbone)
collin232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:27 AM   #342
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by collin232 View Post
I reeeeeeeally wish that I read this earlier because I refused to help Eola in the Understone Keep so now I can't get one of the daedric artifacts and that achievement is lost to my current character forever. That is if there is only 15 artifacts to find which then yes I screwed myself.

No it just means you have to side with sniddling and kill the hunters. Leave and get the ring uncursed. Then go back and skin sniddling. That will make up for your missed daedra artifact.
Fallout: New Vegas = 70,000 Achievement Points
Alan Wake = 60,000 Achievement Points
Magna Carta 2 = 50,000 Achievement Points
Phantasy Star 2 40,000 Achievement points
Fallout 3 = 30,000 Achievement Points
GTA IV = 20,000 Achievement Points
Madden 08 = 10,000 Achievement Points

Achieved 100K GS on lego batman 2's 100% completion achievement
Ray5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:57 AM   #343
cpv008

cpv008's Gamercard
I have a question about the Oblivion Walker Achievement. I'm going for the Oblivion Walker achievement as it's the last achievement I need for the game. And today I thought I finished all of the quests and had received all the artifacts, but my quest log said I had only completed 14 quests. So I looked through all of my quests in the journal and apparently the House of Horrors quest with Molag Bal did not register, but I know I completed it. I remember beating the priest with the mace and actually getting the mace myself. So I went to Markarth to go into the Abandoned House but I could not open it because apparently I don't have the key for it. So I was wondering if there was any way to fix this or do I have to do all the quests again on a new character? This is extremely frustrating.
cpv008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:20 PM   #344
Disasterpiece83

Disasterpiece83's Gamercard
1000G in 109 hours, what a blast! Still about ten quests in my quest log and 6 dragon priest masks to collect, plus levelling up to the level cap!
Disasterpiece83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:49 PM   #345
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray5555 View Post
you should be able to steal it if you leveled your pickpocketing skill high enough, and used a perk to steal equipped items.
I've yet to have anyone confirm this. I ended up getting 1000GS though, just not by doing that.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:50 PM   #346
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromiumDragon View Post
just because they didn't happen to you doesn't mean they won't happen to others.
I never said they wouldn't. I wasn't discounting it. They definitely do happen to others, I was just commenting that I was lucky.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:53 PM   #347
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthroker29 View Post
Idk if this has been mention before, but the way I did it was I counted missions in a city and it was 5 before I got the big one. So to make sure you get a city that u need, save before you talk to vex and delvin and if you dont get the city you wanted just reload and try again. Remember, Riften DOES NOT count. It took me no time to get the cheevo this way. Hope this helps!
you don't need to save. Just talk again and say you want to quit that job. then get a new one until it's the right place.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:50 AM   #348
RED DEAD LE6END

RED DEAD LE6END's Gamercard

Skill Master - 40
Get a skill to 100

this chivo is the easy one just simply find some red dots in front of you anywhere in the game now find cover but do not lose sight of the red dots whether you actually can see any enemy is not important as long as you have at least 1 red dot in front of you above your head now find your cover and hit left stick to enter sneak mode once you see hidden this means sneak mode is now active and your sneak level is already rising just have patients all you need is 1 red dot in the distance while being actively and succesfully hidden in sneak mode i got the hundred after 6 hours of pure patients this on my 3rd day of playing skyrim lol and after having got 100 sneak asap this makes the whole game pratically open up for you no more problems with dragons mages creatures from now on as i can sneak anywhere anytime also invest in sneak perks if you like to sneak attack is cool bonuses
RED DEAD LE6END is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:47 PM   #349
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED DEAD LE6END View Post
this chivo is the easy one just simply find some red dots in front of you anywhere in the game now find cover but do not lose sight of the red dots whether you actually can see any enemy is not important as long as you have at least 1 red dot in front of you above your head now find your cover and hit left stick to enter sneak mode once you see hidden this means sneak mode is now active and your sneak level is already rising just have patients all you need is 1 red dot in the distance while being actively and succesfully hidden in sneak mode i got the hundred after 6 hours of pure patients this on my 3rd day of playing skyrim lol and after having got 100 sneak asap this makes the whole game pratically open up for you no more problems with dragons mages creatures from now on as i can sneak anywhere anytime also invest in sneak perks if you like to sneak attack is cool bonuses
I disagree. I constantly get dropped on by Dragons even while I'm sneak rolling at 100 sneak with nightingale armor. And you can usually get the first arrow on dudes in caves but if they're powerful mages you usually won't take them out with one shot. It doesn't make the game a cake walk, though it does help.

Remember that once you're hidden, sneak stops gaining I think. So, if you're high enough sneak to get hidden fast, they will stop being red dots very quickly and sneak will stop gaining.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #350
a loz3r

a 0 ub3rloz3r's Gamercard
the guide writer screwed me over i put this game on hold for a month and he hasn't fixed the problem in the thieves, i say wasted me hours now just because he didnt feel like stating you need to keep your Armour i say he should ban from writing guides because of the 100s of hours of game play members have wasted due to his incompetence
a loz3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #351
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by a loz3r View Post
the guide writer screwed me over i put this game on hold for a month and he hasn't fixed the problem in the thieves, i say wasted me hours now just because he didnt feel like stating you need to keep your Armour i say he should ban from writing guides because of the 100s of hours of game play members have wasted due to his incompetence
LOL bit extreme isn't it?

I'm in the same boat but its not the writers fault.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:21 PM   #352
NataSS Inc

TumyStxx's Gamercard
Awesome guide! 1000/1000
Old 12-13-2011, 09:28 PM   #353
NukeDukem

topgunprobo's Gamercard
dunno if its been mentioned, but war hero seems to be missable too. if the stormcloaks have markarth after the peace treaty, then you side with them against the legion, you dont go to fort sungard, or whichever one of the two it is you are meant to.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:41 PM   #354
Seraph Metatron

Seraph Metatron's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Webb, I don't know if you still read this thread, but I think there may be a second achievement. I cannot confirm this yet, but I think "War Hero" could be missable. I am doing the civil war questline after finishing the main story quest (and thus "Season Unending"). I am on the side of the Empire and gave the Empire Riften during negotiations. I have read on some other forums that it can cause the fort to already be in the possession of the Empire and thus unobtainable as an achievement.

For the Stormcloaks I heard it was Markarth. I don't know if anyone can confirm this or not. In the next day or so I can probably let you know for sure, but anyone else care to weigh in on it?

Searched the forum first and didn't find anything conclusive.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:56 PM   #355
NukeDukem

topgunprobo's Gamercard
yeah its definitely missable, i didnt get it. reloaded an older save to side with the empire though, should get it now
Old 12-14-2011, 02:05 AM   #356
GDragon3

This damn Oblivion Walker achievement is really starting to aggravate me. I thought I had messed up the first time, so I went and did them ALL over again and it still didn't unlock.
I know I did everything right cause I have all of the artifacts. Does anyone know if this is going to be fixed in a patch soon? Cause I'm not redoing this all over again.

Seriously 3.0 Progression:
Level: 133 of 100
Story Medals: 8 of 8
Horde Medals: 7 of 7
Beast Medals: 6 of 7
Versus Medals: 9 of 43
Total Progress: 133% level completion and 30 of 65 medals
PS: Epic, why couldn't it just be 1 million kills?!?!
GDragon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:39 AM   #357
Kraderic
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by a loz3r View Post
yeah, but he also didn't tell you to sell the armor either, you nimrod. besides, how worse off are you? just start a new damn character and aim only to finish the thieves guild to get the achievement, then return to your previous save. problem fucking solved.
Kraderic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:52 PM   #358
shockerizgod

Send a message via AIM to shockerizgod Send a message via MSN to shockerizgod Send a message via Skype™ to shockerizgod

EnVy Trilogy's Gamercard
can you refuse thieves guilds mini quests at the end to get to the big city quests??

GT envy trilogy
Twitter & Instagram ChrisTrilogy
http://www.twitch.tv/christrilogy
shockerizgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #359
a loz3r

a 0 ub3rloz3r's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraderic View Post
yeah, but he also didn't tell you to sell the armor either, you nimrod. besides, how worse off are you? just start a new damn character and aim only to finish the thieves guild to get the achievement, then return to your previous save. problem fucking solved.

its still missiable besides i have no svaes from before i sold the armor and how was i suppose to now i wanted to get the 100,000 gold achievement, im only really concerned is how no one told me this. it sold still be labeled as misable
a loz3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:46 PM   #360
funky305

Ov3rSmok3D's Gamercard
Hey everybody, i'm struggling to get the master criminal achievement lol, it's the only one left and it's getting on my nerves :s Do i need to get a bounty of 1000 exactly in each of the 9 holds ?
Because i have much more in each hold and i didn't get the achievement.. One of my friend told me that it's a glitched achievement and you cannot get it if you don't owe the english game.. Sounds f**ked up to me ^^
funky305 is offline   Reply With Quote