PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-12-2011, 04:06 PM   #91
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruwal View Post
Webb: Nice guide, feel free to use any info that isn't present in your guide from my WIP guide that I won't finish now that you already have this one.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=341271

For example the fact that there are some Daedric Artifacts that are missable. They are listed in my guide.
Oh awesome! I didn't even see that one when I started this one, d'oh! I'm literally just working through the Daedric artefacts now, actually, thanks to KAPING I've been able to locate everyone that I'm missing, but I'll use it as a cross-reference when I tie it all up

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:07 PM   #92
xPsYcHoSaWYeR

x PsYcHo SaWYeR's Gamercard

Married - 10
Get married

Well, despite only being worth 10G, it’s a bit of a rigmarole to get this achievement. Firstly, you have to head to Riften and speak to Maramal, who’ll be found inside the Temple of Mara, by the Thieves Guild’s back door. Ask him about the Temple (“I would like to know more about the temple”) then question marriage in Skyrim (“I could have a wedding at the temple?”) to which you follow up with “No, Not really.” Eventually he’ll offer to sell you the Amulet of Mara which you buy, equip and then get pulling.

You basically have to find someone who’s “interested” and then head to the temple to initiate the wedding. It’s easier than it sounds. This isn’t everyone either, so here’s a list (non-exhaustive) of people you can marry… if you can marry them, they’ll notice the amulet and say “Interested in me, are you?”:

- Ysolda, Whiterun.
- Camilus Valerius, Riverwood.

In fact, that’s all I could find and I searched all major cities, but yeah, there will be more, it’s just finding them. At least you can get the achievement

You can marry Vilkas at the comanions so they did bring gay marriage into it :L also Njada Stonearm in the companions
xPsYcHoSaWYeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:19 PM   #93
Starkweather

starkweatherxc's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post

Have you equipped it? You need to actually be wearing it.
Yup i have equipped it, i had to for the quest and then i kept it on. I've tried taking it off again and putting it back on but nothing. I'm wondering if it has to be bought from Maramal to work but he won't give me an option.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:33 PM   #94
Slane

Send a message via AIM to Slane

madslane's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Alchemy_(Skyrim) - Ok, they don't have the table entirely filled in yet but this seems like it is very helpful. I'd rather know than just sit around testing and reloading.
Good to know. Now we just need what each potion sells for, so we can craft a whole bunch and make some serious gold. Trial and error is annoying me.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #95
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Right, just got me 1,000Gs, so the guide should be complete now... I'll add a few tidbits of info later on, but all the Daedric quests are there now. Also, the skeleton key DOESN'T count towards the achievement, as I had to do all 15 Daedric quests to get it. Good luck!!

Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Old 11-12-2011, 05:29 PM   #96
Starkweather

starkweatherxc's Gamercard
Okay the Amulet worked on Muiri in Markarth so it does work even if you obtain via the quest Book of Love as opposed to buying it for 200 Gold.

Thanks for the guide btw.

Last edited by Starkweather; 11-12-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Starkweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #97
Paka

bucfanpaka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPsYcHoSaWYeR View Post

Married - 10
Get married

Well, despite only being worth 10G, it’s a bit of a rigmarole to get this achievement. Firstly, you have to head to Riften and speak to Maramal, who’ll be found inside the Temple of Mara, by the Thieves Guild’s back door. Ask him about the Temple (“I would like to know more about the temple”) then question marriage in Skyrim (“I could have a wedding at the temple?”) to which you follow up with “No, Not really.” Eventually he’ll offer to sell you the Amulet of Mara which you buy, equip and then get pulling.

You basically have to find someone who’s “interested” and then head to the temple to initiate the wedding. It’s easier than it sounds. This isn’t everyone either, so here’s a list (non-exhaustive) of people you can marry… if you can marry them, they’ll notice the amulet and say “Interested in me, are you?”:

- Ysolda, Whiterun.
- Camilus Valerius, Riverwood.

In fact, that’s all I could find and I searched all major cities, but yeah, there will be more, it’s just finding them. At least you can get the achievement

You can marry Vilkas at the comanions so they did bring gay marriage into it :L also Njada Stonearm in the companions
Thanks! Here is one list- http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Marriage Surprised Hadvar isn't on it for women but maybe the list isn't complete yet? He strikes me as likely, even if he didn't have the balls to keep his captain from trying to kill me-- he seems to like my character more than anybody so far. I'm wandering over there anyways to get into the Thieves Guild, so I'll test it a bit myself.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #98
ThrawnOmega
Subscribing Member

ThrawnOmega's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Silver   Subscriber - Bronze   PAX Meet 2010   Gamerscore League Season 6 Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Bright Idea   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Don't know if it's mentioned earlier in the thread, but Brelyna Maryon can be married. She's a mage student, who can be found in the college of Winterhold.

Signature by MabusScarab
ThrawnOmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:34 PM   #99
Gearbolt

Send a message via Yahoo to Gearbolt

Gearbolt013's Gamercard
Great guide! Pretty detailed for a game that just came out. Keep up the good work!
Gearbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:50 PM   #100
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Thanks! Here is one list- http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Marriage Surprised Hadvar isn't on it for women but maybe the list isn't complete yet? He strikes me as likely, even if he didn't have the balls to keep his captain from trying to kill me-- he seems to like my character more than anybody so far. I'm wandering over there anyways to get into the Thieves Guild, so I'll test it a bit myself.
Oh yeah, the list isn't complete. I plan to add some finishing touches in tomorrow to truly finish it off, but everything is in there at the moment that you'll ever need to know to get 1,000Gs

Old 11-12-2011, 08:58 PM   #101
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:

Wabbajack –
Wandering the streets of Solitude is a chap called Derevin who wants you to get a message to his master. This will trigger “The Mind of Madness” quest where you’ll have to go to the Pegasus Wing in the Blue Palace and search for him. Complete the quest and get the artefact. Stuck? Need assistance in this quest? See below.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Next up, i've just done the Daedric Quest for Vaermina, Shrine quest known as "Waking Nightmare". This is a missable daedric item as there is two outcomes, one with and one without, however as you only need 15 and supposedly there is 16, i'm hoping its the only missable one, it was only because i saved right at the end and out of curiosity, as i always do, i played out the other side after. Both imo are good endings. (if you want more info i can leave it in another spoiler tagged post)

I found this after completing it as i was curious: This Link Has Spoilers! http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Waking_Nightmare I will be adding to that page as it needs a few things. But its a good base.
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11

Last edited by Killerchronic; 11-12-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Killerchronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:55 PM   #102
DEG23
Robot Mode: Engaged

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
No more aimlessly wandering the land of Skyrim, asking random farmers how i join the companions only to be ambushed by wolves.

This guide will prove useful, thank you Webb.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:01 PM   #103
Slane

Send a message via AIM to Slane

madslane's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Didn't fell like making a new thread, but any trainer who you can ask to follow you you can get your gold back.

Ask them to follow you, then train. After you train, select the option that you need to trade items with them. You'll be able to get your gold back and they want do anything about it. Then you can tell 'em it's time to part ways. You get some leveling in a specific skill for free.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:01 AM   #104
theNomad

PureNomad's Gamercard
Thanks webb quality work, I'm still just having fun exploring and doing my own thing achievements so far I'm not bothered about, but nice to know that the Oblivion Walker situation is cleared up. Would have been dire to play to the end knowing you still gotta replay to gain that.
theNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:05 AM   #106
hustler

IzI Saints IzI's Gamercard
??

Quote:
Right, just got me 1,000Gs, so the guide should be complete now... I'll add a few tidbits of info later on, but all the Daedric quests are there now. Also, the skeleton key DOESN'T count towards the achievement, as I had to do all 15 Daedric quests to get it. Good luck!!
ok so how is this achievement missable is it by completing all the main quests first ??

this is a link for RIFT very good MMO give it a go this link gives you a 14 day free trial its really worth it

GT: IzI Saints IzI
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:28 AM   #107
Paka

bucfanpaka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Oh yeah, the list isn't complete. I plan to add some finishing touches in tomorrow to truly finish it off, but everything is in there at the moment that you'll ever need to know to get 1,000Gs
Thanks, excellent work!

A no-go on Hadvar, btw. Surprising. More surprising though was the dragon that decided to show up in the middle of town when I was trying. The spot of it's demise couldn't have been any more perfect; they have a new roadblock/porch decoration now- http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...nroadblock.jpg
Old 11-13-2011, 01:44 AM   #108
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Right, just got me 1,000Gs, so the guide should be complete now...
Congratulations! How many hours did it take you altogether then?

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:47 AM   #109
Duminakan89

Hey amazing guide created a visual guide for the Standing Stones, with your help...

Standing Stones Achievement Guide - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

...oh and btw a newbie to the forums so was wondering how can I change my profile pic.

Last edited by Duminakan89; 11-13-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Duminakan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:49 AM   #110
Duminakan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duminakan89 View Post
Hey amazing guide created a visual guide for the Standing Stones, with your help...

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_-Q6e0g4WM[/url]

...oh and btw a newbie to the forums so was wondering how can I change my profile pic.
apparently also a newbie to forums in general how can I embed the video?
Old 11-13-2011, 04:51 AM   #111
TombRaiser

TombRaiser's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duminakan89 View Post
apparently also a newbie to forums in general how can I embed the video?
By just posting the link.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:59 AM   #112
Duminakan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiser View Post
By just posting the link.
I'd like to post the vid though.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:13 AM   #113
TombRaiser

TombRaiser's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
It will automatically embed the video when you post the link. Try it. Trust me it works.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:22 AM   #114
ShadowStar83

shadowstar83's Gamercard
Been playing offline and, with Hard Worker, just chopping wood on a stump works. I did that and I got it.
ShadowStar83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:23 AM   #115
Robioto

Robioto's Gamercard
There is a misc quest in Rifton were you have to help a young alchemist get some ingredients. You need 20 Nirnroots, 20 Nightshades and 20 Deathbells. I've returned the Nirnroots and Nightshades and the achievement 'Hero Of The People' unlocked.

The thing is there is no way that I have done anywhere near 50 misc quests. More like 10-15 odd, from this I can only assume that for the achievement each ingredient you hand back to her counts as a misc quest completed. So if you were to take all 60 ingredients for the achievement this would count as 60 misc quests which would obviously make the achievement pop.

Just an observation which may make this achievement quicker to aquire, especially if you know where to seek out the ingredients. It would need to be tested by someone else but I'm fairly certain it's the case.
100% RETAIL: Oblivion (1250), Fallout 3 (1000), Resident Evil 5 (1000), Enchanted Arms (1000), Assassin's Creed 2 (1000), Darksiders (1000), Final Fantasy XIII (1000), Silent Hill Homecoming (1000), Condemned (970), Alan Wake (1000), L.A. Noire (1000), Dead Island (1000).

100% XBLA: Sonic The Hedgehog (200), Sonic 2 (200), Sonic 3 (200), Sonic & Knuckles (200), Golden Axe (200), Arkadian Warriors (200), Worms (200).
Robioto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:16 AM   #116
Keweico

Keweico's Gamercard
Hey.

I believe I found something very interesting regarding the Deadre-Artefacts-Quests.
In the quest log, to the left and right of the quests name thereīs always some art with a specific sign in it. For example, all quests regarding a dragon have a dragon sign in it and so on.
My only deadra-quest so far is the Dead-Star quest, but it has the Oblivion sign next to it. This way one can figure out just by looking at the quest title, if this quest is important and one has to look up some details on the forums to obtain the artefact.
For anyone who doesnīt know the Oblivion sign, itīs this one:

Maybe someone with more Deadre-Artefact-Quests can confirm, if this is true.
Keweico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:05 PM   #117
wesker

tasosole's Gamercard
i am missing one shout i have 19 i miss the kynes peace anyone know where is it?
Old 11-13-2011, 12:23 PM   #118
shadowflame228

BREWDOG001's Gamercard
a quick way to level up archery is to help the elf in the love letter quest and not the bard and he will become one of the "followers" and you can trade items with him. then you pay for his lessons on archery and trade to get your money back. so you can level up archery for free.
shadowflame228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #119
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
ok so how is this achievement missable is it by completing all the main quests first ??
It's only missable because of the choices you make mid-mission - i.e. you can complete a Daedric quest and not come away with a Daedric artefact. That's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
Congratulations! How many hours did it take you altogether then?
135 in the end!

Old 11-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #120
GR Fenrir

gr fenrir's Gamercard
The woman in the Thieves' Guild which is supposed to have 4000 gold only has 1000 on my save. Do you have to complete the Thieves' Guild questline in order for her to get more trading funds? My inventory is FILLED with potions worth a small fortune, and I'm having trouble getting them sold, as most merchants quickly run out of funds...
GR Fenrir is offline   Reply With Quote