PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-17-2011, 11:32 AM   #181
evilresidentuk

EvilResidentUK's Gamercard
And also for getting married:
you have to wear the amulet, but you also have to help the person before they will marry you ie: aela the huntress wont marry you until after the companions quests are done, there are lots of people in the game you can marry but you have to help them 1st then wear the amulet, tell them your interested, then speak to temple to arrange wedding, then turn up lol.

Last edited by evilresidentuk; 11-17-2011 at 03:12 PM. Reason: correction
evilresidentuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:33 AM   #182
evilresidentuk

EvilResidentUK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fate View Post
I can confirm this. I chose the Stormcloaks and never received any mission to capture Fort Sungard, thus I didn't get the War Hero achievement. So is this another missable achievement or just a glitch?

this could be a glitch possibly but maybe you already killed everyone there? dont know if that would make a difference to the quest or not
evilresidentuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:23 PM   #183
leeloo

Pinkunoichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for the indispensable guide!

Btw you can't fail Brynjolf's test to get into the thieves guild. I walked away as he was doing his distraction and the next time we met he chided me for doing so, but still let me join the guild. Funny stuff.
leeloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:15 PM   #184
Lord Treant

Lord Treant's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide. Keep up the good work!

Lord Treant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:35 AM   #185
Puff Braddy

Puff Braddy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilresidentuk View Post
the 16th daedric artifact is the skeleton key which you get during the thieves guild questline.
although you only keep it for 1 mission unless you decide tohey still count keep it and finish that mission later.
with regards to the artifacts you can sell them drop them if u really wanted to as long as you get 15.
also the ogma infinium is another that you dont keep.
im sat on 950/1000 on this game and level 43/50 so not long for 1000 on that note if anyone wants to ask any questions on this game message me on live GT:evilresidentuk
i have done nearly all quests and have extensive knowledge of game so can help if people are stuck
Skeleton Key doesn't count towards the Achievement.

Also, in regards to the 50 skill books Achievement, does one have to get a point from the book, or simply read it? As I'm 100 skill in many, many areas and keep finding books I know would have given me a skill point had I not been 100..
Puff Braddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:52 AM   #186
II OE II

II OE II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
thanks much for the guide there Webb.

GUIDES:
Alice: Madness Returns (Ach, Col)
Arcania Gothic 4 Recipies
Armored Core: For Answer Complete Guide
Castlevania Lords of Shadow Collectables
Dark Souls Achievement Guide
Dragon Age II Supplier
FF13-2 Fragment Guide
L.A. Noire Cases
II OE II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:03 PM   #187
xKRAIZEEMANx

xKRAIZEEMANx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Great work on the guide. This will help me out on my way to 100%.

xKRAIZEEMANx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:45 PM   #188
bennifer3000

Wagszilla's Gamercard
So I assume if I follow the guide I won't miss "Oblivion Walker"?

Don't want to miss anything.

Last edited by bennifer3000; 11-18-2011 at 03:48 PM.
bennifer3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #189
hawk199

Hawkboy199's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
oblivion walker can be missed because of the action u do in the end....like must kill X to get the item. Other then that the quest wont be miss

hawk199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:56 PM   #190
Suicidal TH

Suicidal TH's Gamercard
Great guide has been a ton of help to me
Suicidal TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:23 PM   #191
DarkCreations

DarkCreations's Gamercard
I think there's a glitch with the standing stones.

I was going around collecting them, and i was about to go for The Lady Stone (West of Riverwood), i fast-travelled to The Guardian Stones as this was my closest point and the achievement popped and i know for a fact i collected those 3 at the start of my play-through (hence why i have Blessed as my second achievement).

So now in my General Stats i have 15 standing stones found, plus i still haven't found the Apprentice, Tower, Lover and Serpent Stones, as they're not on my map anywhere.

DarkCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:36 PM   #192
xtreme2252

Send a message via AIM to xtreme2252 Send a message via MSN to xtreme2252 Send a message via Yahoo to xtreme2252 Send a message via Skype™ to xtreme2252

Xtreme2252's Gamercard
Confirmed: Skill books are NOT missable. Even if the skill is maxed out, it will count in the stats menu
xtreme2252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:13 AM   #193
TombRaiser

TombRaiser's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Here is a video that shows the locations of all the Standing Stones.

Webb, you can add it to the guide?

Last edited by TombRaiser; 11-19-2011 at 02:16 AM.
TombRaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:16 AM   #194
Lord of Fate

Liquid N2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Regarding the "War Hero" Achievement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilresidentuk View Post
this could be a glitch possibly but maybe you already killed everyone there? dont know if that would make a difference to the quest or not
Nope. I had never even gone to the location. I've had a few others tell me they've come across the same problem. I'm not sure who all has been glitched like this, but for me and a few others at least, it didn't give the missions leading up to the takeover of that fort. After my first playthrough as a Stormcloak, I didn't get the achievement, but I started a second playthrough as an Imperial and progressed through the civil war missions and just got the achievement that way. Since the tasks that you do in each faction are basically the same, the missions that I never received for the Stormcloaks are revolved around the shipment that you are suppost to intercept and steal. You get to the point of intercepting the courier and then you're supposed to steal a shipment just before the fort capture (for the War Hero achievement) and that mission is never presented to the Stormcloaks. Is this happening to everyone who choses Stormcloaks or just a few?
Old 11-19-2011, 10:38 AM   #195
Tnt Taurus

Regarding the "Master Criminal"

Hello guys

I have 980G on this wonderful game but the master criminal seems to be glitchy.

I went to the 9 city, have a bounty of 2000 at least (I check every time by talking to the guard to see the amount of my bounty to be sure)

But in Markath i can't see my bounty, just a "it's not me ! for option" follow by a "bring me to jail" but even when i do that they don't throw me in jail, so do I have to start a new game (I have 115h with my current character) ?
Tnt Taurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #196
waffle quiz

Waffle Quiz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnt Taurus View Post
Hello guys

I went to the 9 city, have a bounty of 2000 at least (I check every time by talking to the guard to see the amount of my bounty to be sure)

But in Markath i can't see my bounty, just a "it's not me ! for option" follow by a "bring me to jail" but even when i do that they don't throw me in jail, so do I have to start a new game (I have 115h with my current character) ?
If your going crazy with the killing its possible your killing all the witnesses to the crimes, in which case your bounty will disappear. Make sure to leave some people alive and just run away. I hope that solves your problem.
waffle quiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:19 AM   #197
Fabioo

Royalfakedog's Gamercard
Quote:
Hello guys

If you don't have the English version of the game the achievement is glitched and you won't be able to get it.
Fabioo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #198
Tnt Taurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabioo View Post
If you don't have the English version of the game the achievement is glitched and you won't be able to get it.
what the ... ? seriously ? And if i put my console in English ?
Old 11-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #199
Fabioo

Royalfakedog's Gamercard
Quote:
what the ... ? seriously ? And if i put my console in English ?
Won't help.
Fabioo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:35 PM   #200
xKRAIZEEMANx

xKRAIZEEMANx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I wanted to add a link for a guide listing the skill books locations, for the Reader cheevo.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=343936

xKRAIZEEMANx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:49 PM   #201
romans58snrsvd

romans58snrsvd's Gamercard
Not sure if anyone's posted it, I was too lazy to search, but if you get married (I married Alea the Huntress) she opened a shop which makes 100 gold every 24 hours. If you're desperate it's a solid way to make money for the 100,000 Gold achievement.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:17 AM   #202
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Daedric Artifacts note:
You can get BOTH Hircine items by helping the Werewolf kill the hunters and then killing and skinning the werewolf. That will get you the armor and once you leave the area Hircine will pop up again to give you the ring/ring back.

Also...I haven't noticed any of the "missable" quests actually being missable since I didn't do any of those until well after 50hrs (closer to 70+ for most of them), despite stopping at some of those areas previously and triggering the sequences..however, turning down the Vigilant's request for help seems to screw you out of the Mace quest in Markarth as he wil leave and never come back...

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:52 AM   #203
yippy smalz

YIPPY SMALZ's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
Daedric Artifacts note:
You can get BOTH Hircine items by helping the Werewolf kill the hunters and then killing and skinning the werewolf. That will get you the armor and once you leave the area Hircine will pop up again to give you the ring/ring back.

Also...I haven't noticed any of the "missable" quests actually being missable since I didn't do any of those until well after 50hrs (closer to 70+ for most of them), despite stopping at some of those areas previously and triggering the sequences..however, turning down the Vigilant's request for help seems to screw you out of the Mace quest in Markarth as he wil leave and never come back...
I posted about the 2 daedric artifact thing a page back and even made a thread about it but no one really seemed to notice lol

Completed games and 1,000G+
Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands, Red Dead Redemption, Modern Warfare 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Gears 2, Fallout 3, Bioshock 2, Guitar Hero 5, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo:Reach, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Fable 2, Dead Rising:CZ, Magna Carta 2, Lego Batman, C&C red alert 3, Call of duty WAW(1015), Lego star Wars TCS, Monkey Island: SE, Dash Of Destruction
yippy smalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:07 AM   #204
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yippy smalz View Post
I posted about the 2 daedric artifact thing a page back and even made a thread about it but no one really seemed to notice lol
Oh. Well I haven't been on here and a while and didn't feel like catching up with everything, sorry >.<

Oh well.

Another note on the guide is that it's really easy to get 1k bounty by turning into a werewolf in every hold while someone watches you as it's instant 1k.

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:41 AM   #205
RomanDragon

RomanDragon's Gamercard
Word of Power Locations

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but I believe the words of power are found in a specific order for each shout. For example, the Marked for Death Shout, I discovered the Forsaken Cave and explored that area, and recieved the first word, Kill. I then proceeded onto the Dark Brotherhood questline and recieved the word Leech from the stone inside their sanctuary. There's a few other words i've found as well that i cant recall but they all seemed to come in the same order (word 1, 2, 3) no matter which stone I goto first.
RomanDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:01 PM   #206
Redbullser

Redbullser's Gamercard
Ok this may sound like a stupid question but I have sold one of the daedric artifacts at the start of the game do you need all of them in your
Inventory at the same time or just have collected them ???
Redbullser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:07 PM   #207
Tnt Taurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbullser View Post
Ok this may sound like a stupid question but I have sold one of the daedric artifacts at the start of the game do you need all of them in your
Inventory at the same time or just have collected them ???
No you don't need all the item in your inventory, just need to do the quest and receive the item
Old 11-20-2011, 12:19 PM   #208
Redbullser

Redbullser's Gamercard
Thank god for that love the game but don't think I have time to do a second playthought !!!
Redbullser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:28 PM   #209
redhotchilipepe

I've got a problem with the 'Whispering Door' daedric quest. I've picked the Stormcloaks in the civil war, so Balgruuf is no longer the jarl of Whiterun. Now I can't find anyone who will talk to me about his children to start the quest. Does anyone know what to do?
redhotchilipepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:03 PM   #210
thomasgeorge

Send a message via AIM to thomasgeorge Send a message via Skype™ to thomasgeorge

FWR Georgie's Gamercard
Really good guide man, thank you

thomasgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote