PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Saints Row: The Third
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-10-2011, 11:41 AM   #1
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Official Bitching Thread

Seeing as though every game gets one, I thought I'd start this. Not going to get a lot of bitching from me, as a I am a fan of the games, but from what I have seen so far, some things have bothered me.

Last edited by iBuzz7S; 11-10-2011 at 12:05 PM.
iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
rza_2002

IxI BRADY IxI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
but from what I have seen so far, some things have bothered me.
like?

the storys too short

rza_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #3
Axel Desade

CherryAvalanche's Gamercard
Well, I might as well get an early start. I dislike that you can't layer your clothing anymore. I also dislike that you can't make your people as skinny or as fat as you could in 2.

Axel Desade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:55 PM   #4
True I Skill

The Khaos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Fuck you dude, This game does not need a bitching thread.
Okay maybe it does.
I do not like the new clothes system but i guess they had to change it to keep the game fresh, But i hate how they was bigging up the customization system knowing that it had been made worse.
I am worried the map is going to be a little too small and there will be less missions to do
Also i played the game a little at London expo and the controlls felt a little off, i am sure they switched some buttons around from previous games and idk maybe because i just picked up the controller and went straight into killing people with no tutorial I guess its something that might take a little while to get use to.

And that is just me picking at tiny parts of the game The clothes system was changed to give the game a new feeling, I Do not know how long the game is yet but i am sure it will have hours of mindlessly murdering innocents, and the controls are something i will get use to like on all games.

Maybe we should have a Official Praising thread?

Last edited by True I Skill; 11-10-2011 at 09:59 PM.
True I Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:11 PM   #5
d0ct0rscarecr0w

d0ct0rscarecr0w's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by True I Skill View Post
Maybe we should have a Official Praising thread?
pretty sure that is the definition of nearly every other thread... rather redundant.

I actually don't like the intro very much, the whole star wars thing seems played up and cheesy. I'm hoping most of the plot is like the first two just crazier.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:24 PM   #6
kierons316

Rambaldi 666's Gamercard
The shit about the online pass. A load of Bollox.

Still. The game is gonna rock!!!
kierons316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:17 AM   #7
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Why do people keep starting these threads, are all our expectations so high that we already know we are going to be disappointed?
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #8
Dangerline

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Why do people keep starting these threads, are all our expectations so high that we already know we are going to be disappointed?
I second you on that one, it seems most people are expecting more out of a game, everyone needs to realise that there will probably never be a game where you can do anything you want, like get a house get married oh yeah the sims lol imagine Sims crossed with GTA/Saints/COD/Gears/Skyrim/Fifa/Forza... it'll never happen just be happy with what you get and enjoy this over the top sandbox game, i know i will be and i'm getting my copy new so i don't care about online passes (I used to buy 2nd hand games but now i don't see the point)

I do not accept FR without a message
Dangerline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #9
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
These threads are created to keep any and all complaints in one place. Bitching is not limited to just opinions on the story or features in the game. It could also be to report things that other people may need a heads up about (horrible gameplay mechanics, game-breaking bugs, etc.) before they purchase the game.

Even though I personally don't foresee having much to complain about, that does not change the fact that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Nobody likes it when people come into threads just for the sake of bashing them for having an opinion (especially if they are taking the step of keeping it in the 'official' thread instead of creating a duplicate). Feel free to disagree and present your own but don't chastise them for having one.

Last edited by ColdSpider72; 11-11-2011 at 05:25 PM.
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:10 AM   #10
madasahat

Madasahat's Gamercard
The annoying way fallen posts cause a massive obstruction (glitch but annoying!!)

madasahat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:11 AM   #11
iBuzz7S

Quote:
Originally Posted by madasahat View Post
The annoying way fallen posts cause a massive obstruction (glitch but annoying!!)
Ha ha ha, agreed. At first I thought it was a glitch, but it seems like it is apart of the game. Quite frustrating when running away during a gunfight and a post stops you.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:48 AM   #12
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
The only thing to bitch about is that this game isn't out yet. So close though!

Quote:
Quote:
Ha ha ha, agreed. At first I thought it was a glitch, but it seems like it is apart of the game. Quite frustrating when running away during a gunfight and a post stops you.
...Are you two playing already?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:11 PM   #13
Dangerline

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc0961 View Post

Quote:
Quote:
It happened alot in saints row 1 and 2 so i can see it happening again in 3

I do not accept FR without a message
Dangerline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:04 AM   #14
iBuzz7S

Quote:

THQ have sent out quite a few copies to those who pre-ordered through the site. Not saying that is where I got mine, but few peeps on the official forums are happy about the service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerline View Post
It happened alot in saints row 1 and 2 so i can see it happening again in 3
Oh yeah, things like this occured frequently. With The Third, it hasn't happened an awful lot though.

Another major thing that is frustrating, is the police and how annoying they can get when in a chase.

Also, when a passenger during an activity, the AI's driving is horrendous.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:03 AM   #15
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Quote:
THQ have sent out quite a few copies to those who pre-ordered through the site. Not saying that is where I got mine, but few peeps on the official forums are happy about the service.
Now I really wish I'd found out about that offer before the "get the game in time for launch" window on it expired.

Quote:
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!
Old 11-14-2011, 06:41 PM   #16
ProLez

ProLez's Gamercard
Ill bitch about me having 100% completed the story line + everything on the map ( activities etc ) but it still shows me as incomplete parts of the map...

Bummer
ProLez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:47 PM   #17
swellow99

Coconutman99's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLez View Post
Ill bitch about me having 100% completed the story line + everything on the map ( activities etc ) but it still shows me as incomplete parts of the map...

Bummer
You also found all the collectibles?

"Sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand"

"I show the smile that others wish to see, Because they do not know the real me."
swellow99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:20 PM   #18
ProLez

ProLez's Gamercard
Yes, unlike saints row 1/2 its not that difficult

Simply on the end of the game buy the show collectable bonus on the map and you see it all on the map!
ProLez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:37 PM   #19
HITMAN 629

HITMAN 629's Gamercard
This game crashed on me 10 times, I havent even made it out of the intro cutscene: FUCK THIS GAME
HITMAN 629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:01 AM   #20
headdragon

Head Dragon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLez View Post

Bummer
You sure you have completed every thing on the map? i was missing one or two gang activities and had to find them first. One in the middle island, which was on a roof of a building which you have to fly up with your helicopter...
headdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:46 AM   #21
Ich Bin Bruno

Ich Bin Bruno's Gamercard
Yeah I just bought the season pass thinking that you would get every bit of DLC for the game like the shark gun and stuff like that. Pretty pissed off you don't because it's the main reason why I bought it. I'm stupid for not reading the description of the season pass don't get me wrong but still those things should be included in it other than that the game is pretty fantastic.

My Top Movies
  1. Raiders Of The Lost Ark
  2. The Dark Knight
  3. Star Wars Ep V The Empire Strikes Back
  4. Back To The Future
  5. Fight Club
  6. Terminator 2 Judgement Day
  7. Pulp Fiction
  8. A Clockwork Orange
  9. One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest
  10. American Psycho

Ich Bin Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:31 AM   #22
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Now I really wish I'd found out about that offer before the "get the game in time for launch" window on it expired.
Well, I did create the thread that advertised this on Oct.30th. I agree that it is too bad you didn't see that thread sooner because I was kind of baffled that the only people posting their thoughts on it were total trolls that seemed to want to bash the deal just for the sake of being argumentative. It would have been nice to have some level-headed folks in the thread that actually like to get free shit.
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:10 AM   #23
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun72 View Post
Well, I did create the thread that advertised this on Oct.30th. I agree that it is too bad you didn't see that thread sooner because I was kind of baffled that the only people posting their thoughts on it were total trolls that seemed to want to bash the deal just for the sake of being argumentative. It would have been nice to have some level-headed folks in the thread that actually like to get free shit.
Yeah, some of those people were downright stupid. Oh well, it's the internet, not much you can do about it.

Anyway, I have something to bitch about now!

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Quote:
Old 11-16-2011, 07:46 AM   #24
rand0mblack6uy

OG RandomBlack's Gamercard
The AI is super freaking dumb (pierce)
The story was really short :/.
But other than that I love the game
rand0mblack6uy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:27 AM   #25
bighurk1983187

bighurk1983187's Gamercard
more bitching

so my created characters is a grone man wearing skinny jeans?? he was'nt in the ln the first 2 games has to be now... just weird i have to dress like the children in my neighborhood? my main thing is it feels like less options for customising. no jelery, the only corn rows have a girly bun, and long hair is only for girls? and why are all the gangster white men or black chicks a little weird. im only 7% done so please tell me there is more to this game! or serious dlc changes cause i dont really see a reason to keep this game
Old 11-16-2011, 11:41 AM   #26
scarface

lt jim dangle69's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
The first time I tried to hijack a car Dukes of Hazzard style, my character ended up being ejected from the car, and ended up dying. Both random and annoying.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #27
headdragon

Head Dragon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface View Post
The first time I tried to hijack a car Dukes of Hazzard style, my character ended up being ejected from the car, and ended up dying. Both random and annoying.
Happened to me too, more than once. But it's only a minor anyoance in my oppinion, if you health is fully upgraded you won't die because of this, (usually^^')
headdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:28 PM   #28
EvilWays

Send a message via AIM to EvilWays

EvilWays1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface View Post
I had this happen while in co-op. My friend would jack the vehicle and be the driver, and I would try the quick hijack as passenger and all of a sudden it's like I'm taking damage and then I'm needing to be revived a second later. It doesn't happen if I just enter the vehicle normally. Haven't had this happen in single player, or in co-op if I end up quickly jacking a vehicle and being the driver.

EvilWays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:09 PM   #29
stewiedude

stewiedude's Gamercard
I liked it but to me it seemed like a step back in the series.. i was also hoping that gat was still alive in some way...i just hated having to do all the side activities as main story missions, in a way it seemed like they could of kept more from the older saints games, taking over strongholds outside the main story. But the choice thing was a good addition but they left out alot of things that i miss...the customization,pretty much no jewelry ..theres no more food system..i hated having to try to find a place to hide in the middle of wide open street because i cant eat something real quick...no forgive and forget...and the story was way too short.
stewiedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:01 AM   #30
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rand0mblack6uy View Post
The AI is super freaking dumb (pierce)
And Zimos, and the whores/contacts... Basically anyone in an activity where they need to get their ass in the car is an idiot who drools on themselves and still gets mommy to wipe their ass after they poo. This is not rocket science AI, get in the damn car and let's go!

Quote: