PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 06:45 AM   #1
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Skull/Terminal Guide

Moved to Skull & Terminal Guide 2.0

Last edited by DarkReign2021; 11-13-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:58 AM   #2
AuraSoldier313

AuraSoldier313's Gamercard
Interesting. Pray tell where you got the information from? Some of the skull and terminal locations seem pretty reasonable but from comments Shishka made about them being stupidly hard to find and the locations you've listed it seems rather contradictory to his statement.

I'm in Australia so I'll be getting the game a fair few hours before the US so if I pick it up straight away and take a look I can either confirm/deny your statements and do some capturing if what you've said is indeed true.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:04 AM   #3
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Go for it. Second opinions and video captures/screenshots are a welcome addition. Definitely beats trying to describe where they are.

And I agree with what you said about Shishka's comment. Obviously the grenade-jump skulls will be a bit annoying, but nothing extremely unreasonable like he made it seem like. As for Terminals, they're all super easy to find. I thought they were supposed to get gradually more difficult, but I guess that's a relativistic statement.

Unfortunately I can't be more precise with some of the skull descriptions because honestly what I was given is mostly clues. All of the clues were blatantly obvious in regards to location, but some of them could be interpreted in different ways, so pinpoint locations are hard to pull off.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:16 AM   #4
AuraSoldier313

AuraSoldier313's Gamercard
I just watched a few videos on YT from some guy who got the game early and has been skull hunting; you've got the right descriptions for the one on Halo and Silent Cartographer but the 343 Guilty Spark one's in a different place.

It's in the area with the floating AR's that are supposed to be flood and it is near the second shade down a hill between two trees.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:25 AM   #5
DarkReign2021
Banned User

I see that. Awesome. Got the directions changed above. Like I said, general area is correct, but some were hard to pinpoint. My source wasn't nearly as clear for skulsl as it was for Terminals.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:35 AM   #6
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Source? Do they disable achievements, notably Bandana? Must you be on at least normal or strictly legendary to get them? And how do people have the game THIS early?
Old 11-11-2011, 09:25 AM   #7
GetGAME

GetGAME's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Source? Do they disable achievements, notably Bandana? Must you be on at least normal or strictly legendary to get them? And how do people have the game THIS early?
Honestly, generally stealing from work. (Sometimes selling early, breaking street date, etc.) Just for reference, we got our Anniversary games on the 5th in WA.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:32 AM   #8
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   PAX Meet 2010
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetGAME View Post
Honestly, generally stealing from work. (Sometimes selling early, breaking street date, etc.) Just for reference, we got our Anniversary games on the 5th in WA.
I'm in WA, what do you mean? You mean stores like gamestop?
Old 11-11-2011, 02:14 PM   #9
DarkReign2021
Banned User

We got copies of the Halo Anniversary strategy guide at work yesterday. I sat down with it during my break and just recorded all of the skulls and terminals in my phone the best I could.

Bandanna does NOT disable achievements sadly. There was no word on needing to be on a specific difficulty though. I'm guess normal and up will work.

I also did reading on the achievements just to see if there were any tricks or catches to getting them. Not really anything, but they did add some picky little details I'm not sure were included in the original release. For instance, pick up no weapons on Two Betrayals means NO weapons. getting the ammo for the shotgun is fine, but you also start with a plasma pistol and you're not allowed to swap it out even for another plasma pistol. Also, destroying wraiths on AotCR requires the use of the Scorpion. Destroying one without it is not going to count.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:18 PM   #10
Vectorman953

Zombie Gary Oak's Gamercard
Thanks for including the definitive effects of the skulls.
As always, your work is far above par for the course.

I'm not sure how I feel about Bandana not disabling achievements. It will absolutely make the Library and Two Betrayals that much easier, which I will no doubt exploit... but I will feel guilty for not taking on the full, intended challenge

Also, is it true that you can't pick the skulls up, and that merely standing over them will give you said achievements?

Last edited by Vectorman953; 11-11-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:55 PM   #11
Buzz VII

Buzz VII's Gamercard
Nice descriptions on the locations! Will be looking forward to finding these next week. This will bring back some good memories..

I've heard it both ways
Old 11-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #12
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectorman953 View Post
Thanks for including the definitive effects of the skulls.
As always, your work is far above par for the course.

I'm not sure how I feel about Bandana not disabling achievements. It will absolutely make the Library and Two Betrayals that much easier, which I will no doubt exploit... but I will feel guilty for not taking on the full, intended challenge

Also, is it true that you can't pick the skulls up, and that merely standing over them will give you said achievements?
I haven't heard anything about not picking them up, but it does seem likely since there was no skull programmed into the original CE Campaign. They meant it when they said they weren't going to tamper with the gameplay. Adding a usable skull would've meant coding in the animation and having damage ratios included for each of the individual enemies. Easier to just leave it out I suppose.

I doubt I'll use the infinite ammo skull for any of the level cheevos, but most likely I'll use it with the Fog skull to do my Iron achievement run.

It occurs to me that posting this just made my #1 completion run on X360A even more difficult, but oh well. I'd rather be a good sport about it and share my findings than horde it like a dick.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #13
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Really? There IS an infinite ammo skull? That makes all these difficulty cheivos mean crap. At least now we have a way to make them much easier but I cant believe they actually did this
Old 11-11-2011, 04:50 PM   #14
Ty-Rex

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed - Tier 4   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBmaster9345 View Post
Really? There IS an infinite ammo skull? That makes all these difficulty cheivos mean crap. At least now we have a way to make them much easier but I cant believe they actually did this
I got my ass kicked trying to play CE again the other day and I'm still upset that Bandanna doesn't disable achievements. I was looking forward to the, "WAHWAH THESE ACHIEVEMENTS ARE TOO HARD" threads, also.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:14 PM   #15
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

true gamers dont use bandanna...

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #16
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
I got my ass kicked trying to play CE again the other day and I'm still upset that Bandanna doesn't disable achievements. I was looking forward to the, "WAHWAH THESE ACHIEVEMENTS ARE TOO HARD" threads, also.
Yeah the completionist in me says cool, that'll make this all so damn easy. But the vastly larger Halo fanboy portion in me is pissed that such a thing is even offered in this game. Of course I'm going to use it for some lol's every now and then but besides the Library speedrun I aint touching it for chievos if avoidable.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:33 PM   #17
MixMaker1

MixMaker117's Gamercard
Interesting skull. I suppose it's to lend just a tiny bit of aid to those who need the help with achievements. 343i is smart - allow just a band aid of help for completionists who are intimidated by Halo 1.

100% COMPLETED HALO PROFILE!
Marathon: Durandal / 100% (15/15 Achievements)
Halo Wars / 100% (58/58 Achievements)
Halo 2: Vista / 100% (41/41 Achievements)
Halo 3: ODST / 100% (47/47 Achievements)
Halo 3 / 100% (79/79 Achievements)
Halo Reach / 100% (69/69 Achievements)
Halo: CE:A / 100% (44/44 Achievements)
Halo 4 / 100% (76/76 Achievements)

UPCOMING!
Halo: Spartan Assault / 0% (20/20)
Old 11-12-2011, 12:05 PM   #18
FershoT

FershoT's Gamercard
could you give some extra info about the boom and bandanna skulls? i can't find them , thanks
Old 11-12-2011, 01:46 PM   #19
Dark Splank

Dark Splank's Gamercard
Cheers for the info, really helped me .

For the Bandanna Skull its actually on top of the tunnel. Go through the tunnel like normal to the security room, go out the other side and look on the left side, you will just see it.

To get it i had 2 people, 1 with an overshield just in case, and threw 2 frags at the same time, jump and get launched and hopefully you will land on the roof of the tunnel.

Hope this helps

EDIT: For the Boom Skull, it is actually on the pipe that goes over the entrance to the first cave, you go to the right of the hole and there is a small path you can walk on to get there.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:09 PM   #20
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XoNiNjAlEoNoX View Post
true gamers dont use bandanna...
But true achievement hunters do.

I mean I love Halo and all, but I'm not a fan of making things harder for me by not using something that could make it easier.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:38 PM   #21
FershoT

FershoT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Splank View Post
Cheers for the info, really helped me .

For the Bandanna Skull its actually on top of the tunnel. Go through the tunnel like normal to the security room, go out the other side and look on the left side, you will just see it.

To get it i had 2 people, 1 with an overshield just in case, and threw 2 frags at the same time, jump and get launched and hopefully you will land on the roof of the tunnel.

Hope this helps

EDIT: For the Boom Skull, it is actually on the pipe that goes over the entrance to the first cave, you go to the right of the hole and there is a small path you can walk on to get there.
Thank you, I found them both
Old 11-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #22
head0r Inc

AC Cloud Strife's Gamercard
EDIT: Got it, so nevermind xD

(Was asking bout FOG and BANDANA)

Last edited by head0r Inc; 11-12-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #23
Zim

Great guide and thanks very much for this.

Was unable to find bandana on Silent cartographer though.

Also the description for boom is a little off. It's actually to the right of the trench going down into the tunnel. And is pretty far away from the pipes. Just walk up the ramp on the right and it's there after a few seconds.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:32 PM   #24
minesh1987

minpat1uk's Gamercard
guys, i cant find the boom skull , been over an hour now.. i got the waterfall one at the start of the level.. anyway... where is this skull?

after the 'reunion' bit..
the first trench near me goes down to the waterfall
the second one leads to the waterfall on the forward of the map
the third one is on the right towards at the end of the level

im guessing the skull im after is near the 3rd trench somewhere
Old 11-12-2011, 09:41 PM   #25
Zim

.... did you read the description minesh1987?

''Description: After having the warthog dropped off, proceed like normal, but instead of going down into the trench, go around the left side and you'll come to a mesh of pipes, The skull will be directly behind it.''

It sounds to me like you have gone too far. You simply need to get the very first group of marines you meet up with. When you meet Johnson. They drop a warthog. Before entering the tunnel it's on the right side (not the left) up the ledge.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:03 PM   #26
minesh1987

minpat1uk's Gamercard
got it, thanks , yeah i went far lol, the funny thing was.. i was near to that skull when on foot when i was going through the level without the warthog earlier

oh, ofcourse i read the guide but i got confused of the skull location
Old 11-12-2011, 11:27 PM   #27
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Ah. My apologies on the directions of the BOOM skull. I'll get that fixed (I was going based off of the level layout in my head. Obviously I'm a bit rusty still.)
Old 11-12-2011, 11:46 PM   #28
head0r Inc

AC Cloud Strife's Gamercard
@DarkReign2001, maybe you can add this to the Guide at the "FOG" skull. As I found it pretty hard to get up there.. until i found a different way.

The skull is in the centre of the room before you go outside to the canyon. You recognize the room as there is fog in the centre on a small plateau. Its the room where you will encounter the first sleeping grunts.

The first method, the one on your own, requires you to stand behind the fog (opposite of the entrance to the middle of the room) and throw your nade onto a small raised edge so that you can get high enough with a perfectly timed jump to get onto the higher stand. From that point on you can jump into the top area easily to grab the skull FOG.

The second method, the coop method which is a bit easier, requires you to stand on the small quadrate plateau in the middle. This time on the entrance site to the middle area. You will notice 2 not that high stands standing side by side. Stand on the plateau and throw a frag grenade onto the ground to do a nade jump onto one of the stands (it is easier if you do it from the plateau as there is some height in it already). If you are one of the stands you can choose between 2 options:

#1. Your coop partner does the same on the other stand. Now you should be able to jump to his place so that both of you are standing on the same stand.

#2. Have a nice spot on your stand and betrayal your partner, he will eventually spawn behind you right on the stand which will speed this process up.

The time both of you guys are on the same stand, one has to jump onto the another and if you find the right place you will be able to jump into the entrance of the skull room, it requires look and patience tho! If he misses, you can just simply repeat #2 all the time instead of reloading the last checkpoint or trying to jump up again.

Don't try to do it with plasma grenades as they, most of the time, will kill you and wont blast you as high as the frags does. I did it with #2 after giving up on the solo method. Took me like 30 minutes to get it, you need to be lucky. Good luck!

Old 11-13-2011, 12:07 AM   #29
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Great idea. I cleaned up the walkthrough a little bit and you've got a quoted segment in the Fog section. Let me know if I made any mistakes or took out anything vital.

Dummy that I am forgot to put in reserve posts even though I knew tricks and videos would be coming. Ended up making a 2.0 topic that has Terminals and Skulls separated with an extra reserve for each.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:17 AM   #30
Quickdraw

Quickdraw1988's Gamercard

ive found the bandanna one but i can't grenade jump to save my life been trying with a rocket launcher but i fail badly.

You can't outrun Death forever, But you can make him work for it.

Urgently Boosting Saints Row 2 MP Achieves Message Me.
Closed Thread