PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shmup > Alien Hominid HD
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-01-2007, 11:30 PM   #1
duck foot 14

duck foot 14's Gamercard
Question did that last update stop final boss glitch

hi , just wondering wheter that last patch stopped the glitch where you sign in 2 pads and come in last minute on your profile on the final boss and get the achievment.
did it???

take that master chief arrrgghhh
duck foot 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:37 AM   #2
A Pharmacist

A Pharmacist's Gamercard
I tried it today and it didn't work for me. The explanation in the achievement guide is somewhat vague, however, and I'm not sure if I did it right
A Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:23 PM   #3
gatorbait

Gatorbait68's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I know what you're talking about. I'm not sure if it prevented the final boss glitch since I already completed those back when it came out. But for the hats where you have to beat some levels on hard I did that trick and got it to work.

gatorbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:02 PM   #4
Nukem945

I couldn't get the perfect fight achievement last night either. I tried the 2 controller technique and got the hat and the hard difficulty completion achievement, but not the perfect fight one.
Nukem945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:43 AM   #5
Ram Dass

x Ram Dass x's Gamercard
Lightbulb

They did change the way you get PERFECT FIGHT. The way I was able to get it using two controllers was I had my buddy use the first controller. Then I had him act as pretty much a meat shield so that he took most of the damage and we were at the 2nd part of the boss battle and I still had 6 lives left. So by the time the battle had ended I still had 2 lives left. I ended up getting the achievement because I myself hadn't used a continue but he did. Then we just switched off the next time and I became the meat shield and it worked perfectly two times in a row. Hope this helps for those of you that are trying to get it POST PATCH...
Ram Dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:50 AM   #6
Ram Dass

x Ram Dass x's Gamercard
Lightbulb

They did change the way you get PERFECT FIGHT. The way I was able to get it using two controllers was I had my buddy use the first controller. Then I had him act as pretty much a meat shield so that he took most of the damage and we were at the 2nd part of the boss battle and I still had 6 lives left. So by the time the battle had ended I still had 2 lives left. I ended up getting the achievement because I myself hadn't used a continue but he did. Then we just switched off the next time and I became the meat shield and it worked perfectly two times in a row. Hope this helps for those of you that are trying to get it POST PATCH...
Ram Dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:10 AM   #7
Dark Sayer

Tourniquet's Gamercard
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck foot 14 View Post
hi , just wondering wheter that last patch stopped the glitch where you sign in 2 pads and come in last minute on your profile on the final boss and get the achievment.
did it???

take that master chief arrrgghhh
Duck, the final patch did stop the 2 pads trick. But you can depatch it by playing a game that requiers another patch, then switching back to AH and not accepting the patch (You have to be offline while you go for the achievement you want). Hope That helps.

Last edited by Dark Sayer; 11-20-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Dark Sayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:42 AM   #8
Dark Sayer

Tourniquet's Gamercard
So to get the Final Mission and Boss fight achievements you have to be offline after you accept the patch.

Last edited by Dark Sayer; 11-20-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:43 AM   #9
Chanderzz

chanderzz's Gamercard
Hey guys i just got this last night, how do i get the glitch now that the game has been patched, i know Dark Sayer has tried to explain it but im not entirely clear on what they mean about depatching. Can someone enlighten me?
Chanderzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:53 PM   #10
Dark Sayer

Tourniquet's Gamercard
Well I'll try to clear it up a bit.

Certain games are updated from certain glitches found in the game, the producer will make a patch and the next time you play the game you will get the patch. To remove the patch from the game you have to play another game that requiers a patch as well or clear your cache. Not all games that require different patches will work (Arcade or Retail patches can both be used). You will realize that you depatched your game when you go to play it again and it asks you to update to play online. Decline the update and you will be signed out of xboxlive. Then go for the achievements you wish to go for and then sign back in to live.

Example: Every time I play GRAW2 then play Gears of War I get a patch, vice versa as well.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Dark Sayer; 11-20-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:37 PM   #11
Chanderzz

chanderzz's Gamercard
So if i just play a game that needs an update or a game i havent played yet then update that game then go to play alien hominid and it should be depatched?

Will it have to be a live arcade game that i play or will it work with a retail game?

Sorry for bothering but im struggling to get my head around this.

Will it have to be a live arcade game that i play or will it work with a retail game?
Chanderzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:47 AM   #12
Dark Sayer

Tourniquet's Gamercard
Well from what I know it can be retail or arcade. But not just any game that has a patch will work. If you play a different game that needs a patch, it doesnt mean it will have depatched your Alien Hominid, so just keep trying games with patches and then play Alien Hominid.

Last edited by Dark Sayer; 11-20-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:05 PM   #13
spilner100
Banned User

Spilner's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
you could clear ur cache from your memory bit but i cant remeber the button combo
spilner100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:18 PM   #14
The Reds 1993

OlsAbsss x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by spilner100 View Post
you could clear ur cache from your memory bit but i cant remeber the button combo
yh i did that in scene it bos and it makes certain achievements a lot easier
Old 03-30-2009, 06:12 PM   #15
CloudStr1f3

Weapon Ultima's Gamercard
To clear your cache:
- Navigate to the your Hard Drive in the Memory location of your System settings area.
- Press Y (Device Options) when you have your Hard drive highlighted
- This should take you to a device info page.
- Then press X X LB RB X X
- This will bring up a screen that says, "This will perform maintenance on your hard drive"
- Press OK or Accept or whatever it says.

and your cache will be cleared. This deletes all updates for all your games. Then when you go to play Alien Hominid, simply refuse the update and you will be signed off of LIVE and you'll be playing the pre-patched game.

EDIT: I didn't realise that someone had dredged up an old thread, but if anyone was wondering how to do this, I hope my explanation helped out.

Last edited by CloudStr1f3; 03-30-2009 at 06:19 PM.
CloudStr1f3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:36 PM   #16
DakidJose

JReyes MX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudStr1f3 View Post
To clear your cache:
- Navigate to the your Hard Drive in the Memory location of your System settings area.
- This will bring up a screen that says, "This will perform maintenance on your hard drive"

and your cache will be cleared. This deletes all updates for all your games. Then when you go to play Alien Hominid, simply refuse the update and you will be signed off of LIVE and you'll be playing the pre-patched game.

EDIT: I didn't realise that someone had dredged up an old thread, but if anyone was wondering how to do this, I hope my explanation helped out.

It says I have to " Unlock the full game." Is it because my other profile doesn't have it or because I'm offline?

Edit: Didn't need to do it. The 2 controllers method worked.

Last edited by DakidJose; 03-31-2009 at 04:26 AM.
DakidJose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:53 AM   #17
Dark Sayer

Tourniquet's Gamercard
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudStr1f3 View Post
To clear your cache:

Well done, that's a far better explanation than mine. I forgot all about clearing the cache.

Last edited by Dark Sayer; 11-20-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:09 PM   #18
Fyr3x

Fyr3x's Gamercard
For the Medium and Hard Difficulty Achievements, the 2 Controller Method is still working.

But i didn´t get the Perfect Fight Ach too. I think this Ach you can only unlock fair after the Update.

Last edited by Fyr3x; 04-02-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Fyr3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:11 AM   #19
Pvt rain

Pvt Rain's Gamercard
yupp this is all i need left too.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:54 PM   #20
goothgone

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt rain View Post
yupp this is all i need left too.
^ me too "perfect fight"
goothgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:45 AM   #21
drunkenalien

pete111111's Gamercard
i read somewhere that the bit where your fighting on the spacecraft was the only bit you had to not use a continue, in order to get the achievement.i presume this was a lie?

im just after trying this method of clearing your cache and it has not worked.any suggestions?

Last edited by drunkenalien; 04-27-2009 at 11:53 AM.
drunkenalien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:48 PM   #22
La Stanza Bianca

T0MMY TERR0R's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyr3x View Post
For the Medium and Hard Difficulty Achievements, the 2 Controller Method is still working.

But i didn´t get the Perfect Fight Ach too. I think this Ach you can only unlock fair after the Update.
I can also confirm these are working (medium and hard)

but as for Perfect Fight does a 'continue' count as a life lost or does it mean when you have to press start?
Old 04-29-2009, 09:25 AM   #23
drunkenalien

pete111111's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Stanza Bianca View Post
I can also confirm these are working (medium and hard)

but as for Perfect Fight does a 'continue' count as a life lost or does it mean when you have to press start?
Iv seen a few videos on it, and as far as im aware it means your are allowed to lose a life, but not press the start button.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:44 AM   #24
neb86

neb86's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenalien View Post
Iv seen a few videos on it, and as far as im aware it means your are allowed to lose a life, but not press the start button.
*SPOILER*

I had my bro help me with this tonight cuz i was having trouble with the Perfect Fight. We get to the end after the helicopters smash both sides of ship and ur just stuck on a lil platform with the boss, and i am down to my last life, so i'm jumping around like crazy trying not to get hit and i accidentally fell off.

my bro's like what do we do? and i just said screw it finish him off. so he killed him and i got the freakin achievement! mind you i DIDN't hit the START button(continue) after i lost all my 7 lives. So i imagine as long as the first player never hits the start button after they lose their lives and as long as the second player is able to finish off the boss then the first player will get the Perfect Fight achievement
Old 05-01-2009, 10:19 AM   #25
drunkenalien

pete111111's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by neb86 View Post
*SPOILER*

I had my bro help me with this tonight cuz i was having trouble with the Perfect Fight. We get to the end after the helicopters smash both sides of ship and ur just stuck on a lil platform with the boss, and i am down to my last life, so i'm jumping around like crazy trying not to get hit and i accidentally fell off.

my bro's like what do we do? and i just said screw it finish him off. so he killed him and i got the freakin achievement! mind you i DIDN't hit the START button(continue) after i lost all my 7 lives. So i imagine as long as the first player never hits the start button after they lose their lives and as long as the second player is able to finish off the boss then the first player will get the Perfect Fight achievement
Really, i dont know how this could work. Surely this is essentially the same as using the 2 controller methods. ARe you sure you have the updated version?

I will give this a try now though...
...It didnt work, however i think i know how to get it. If you stay alive to the last part of the battle you are still considered inn the game, where as when i tried it i let myself die at the start. I will try this later and see if this works.

Last edited by drunkenalien; 05-01-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #26
Bulfmaster

I can agree with neb86. I made it to the final stage where the 2 helicopters come out and I died. Instead of hitting start, I used my 2nd controller, which I didn't use yet and beat the boss and blamo - Perfect Fight unlocked. So, as long as you make it to that part, I do feel the achievement will unlock for u.
Bulfmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:35 AM   #27
drunkenalien

pete111111's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulfmaster View Post
I can agree with neb86. I made it to the final stage where the 2 helicopters come out and I died. Instead of hitting start, I used my 2nd controller, which I didn't use yet and beat the boss and blamo - Perfect Fight unlocked. So, as long as you make it to that part, I do feel the achievement will unlock for u.
I tried this again last night with a mate and it still didnt work.Thankfully when we tried to get it legit, we did so with ease. He took all the hits while i tried just to avoid dying. Managed the whole fight without dying once, just had to keep jumping around like a rabid squirrel.

Maybe it depend on when you got the game??i got mine a few weeks back.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:39 PM   #28
Bulfmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenalien View Post
Maybe it depend on when you got the game??i got mine a few weeks back.
Well, I did buy it when it 1st came out. However, I had to re-download it, which now contains the patch. So, who knows? =)
Bulfmaster is offline   Reply With Quote