PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > NCAA Football 08
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-19-2009, 05:20 PM   #31
DM HavoX

D M HavoX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Wtf!?!

I have Busted throught 5 seasons with Western michigan, got invited to the Big 10 and no achievement. Is this glitched? Played throught the entire season after the invite, won the championship and the national championship and nope, no achievement.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:40 PM   #32
Molneze3

Molneze's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Bright Idea   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Wow... what complete randomness. So i just got this achievement after a few different seasons and many wasted hours.
I just tried it with the TCU team mentioned. My first season, i only lost one game, was ranked 8th and won my bowl game. Simmed to the end of the season...No achievement. So i figured i'd just keep going and see if i get it next season. Simmed the entire next season, wen't undefeated, ended rank 4. Then i simmed right up until my bowl game... and saved it. I simmed the bowl game, lost, went to off season, no achievement, then re-loaded my save. Simmed the bowl game, lost again, end of season, no achievement... then re-loaded my save again. I simmed the bowl game for the 3RD TIME, lost AGAIN, went to the end of season, and I got the Invite. Freaking wierd! Oh well, another crappy EA game to 1000!
Old 06-24-2009, 03:11 PM   #33
GLOCKGLOCK

DRUNKZ 27's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Finally got it after 5 years with TCU. Went undefeated every year and won a National Championship. Finally replaced Baylor in the Big 12. I used the "edit my players to 99" method.

Just a couple tips so you don't have to spend time recruiting if you don't get it in the first couple years. Redshirt as many players as you can each year, especially at the start of the dynasty. That means they will stay around for an extra year, which will help if you don't get the achievement in the first 4 years. make sure recruiting assistance is turned on. The CPU seems to do a pretty good job recruiting for you. (I think this is turned on by default). Finally, you can sim all the off-season stuff, but its a good idea to at least manually look at the "players leaving". If any of your 99 rated players are leaving for the draft or transferring, use the full 65 minutes to try to convince them to stay. You should have a pretty good success rate at keeping them around for another year or so.

other than that, good luck and keep at it, the simming seems to take forever in this game, especially after year 1.

No blank friend requests! Please send a message with the game/achievement you want to boost!
GLOCKGLOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:34 AM   #34
Colonel AJay

My WMU has won 5 out of 7 National titles. I also have not lost one game. My QB in my first three years won 3 hiesmans(sp). My coach has won 4 Coache Of the Year awards. The two years I didnt win the NC I was number 2 in the nation after the NC game. I also have switched out for the highest rated possible schedule every year. Still nothing but Ill update. No point in starting over.

EDIT: After 7 out of 9 national titles still nothing. So I keep reloading my save after I won the title and before starting a new season. After bout 5 times I got the invite to the BCS.

Last edited by Colonel AJay; 07-03-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Colonel AJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:27 PM   #35
shootmyxbox

shootmyxbox's Gamercard
just wanted to say tcu worked after first season for anybody still working on this
Old 08-19-2009, 06:36 PM   #36
blockburner28

Blockburner28's Gamercard

another hint guys when doing it with tcu just beef up your qb,rb and wr stats

|_ Retail Complete - 30 _|
|__Arcade Complete - 2__|
Proudest 100%: CoD4
blockburner28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:54 PM   #37
Anji

xx anji xx's Gamercard

9 time conference champ
8 time coach year
7 BCS titles
1 Orange bowl title
1 Fiesta bowl title
126-0 record
26-0 versus top 25
4 Heisman winners
6 players of the year

No invite with Western Michigan.

This is very tricky, but I would say it has to do more with how poorly other teams are doing in the conference your trying to get into, then what your record is.

I think my down fall was I was trying to get 1 to 6 star, Mr February and a BCS invite. The Problem being for Mr February I created alot of prospects in Michigan so they would sign with me. But when they didn't, they usually went to Big Ten school............ so basically ever time I missed a recruit, was proping up a team in the big ten.

I would suggest doing your 1 to 6 star with western Michigan(or some other 1 star school) then deletling that franches and going for everything else with TCU/Hawii/Notre Dame.

It would have saved me about 3-4 days of playing this game if I would have read this thread sooner..............

Anji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:32 AM   #38
bradakovich

HyperliteBR's Gamercard
I decided to try Rogue's strategy, figured I'd put his credibility to the test.. and yep, worked like a charm. Huge sigh of relief because I've tried about 4 different methods, 1 including the 1star to 6star method (was in my 9th year...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRogue 5x View Post
You can get this one at the end of the first season as found by another forum member (sorry don't recall the post or name offhand...but I don't take credit) and I can confirm that it works.

Pick TCU in the mountain west conference. Sim through there season. Just make sure its a winning season and you win your bowl game.

After the bowl game you will get invited to join the big 12 and presto achievement unlocked after only 1 season. I tried this out three times and each time was the same result.
One thing that I noticed was you have to accept the contract extension. If you don't, you won't get invited. I did this wrong the first time. I finished 11-2 (must win bowl game). I reccomend don't restart if you get beaten, that seems to also be an issue.

So as rogue said. Just sim the regular season as TCU, regardless of winning/losing (Texas will surely beat you in simulation), you should be 10-2 or so. Simulate to your bowl game. Save it. Sim it, if you win, continue. Accept the contract extension when offered. After hitting accept, you should immediately get the achievement, because on the next screen is where the BCS conference invite would be.
bradakovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:56 PM   #39
themikewoo

Howboutporkchop's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrembL View Post
I tried the TCU trick and it didn't work on the first season (where I went 13-0 by simming), but it did work after the second season. I also unlocked the Heisman Trophy and Developed a New Pipeline State when going from season one to two.
Exactly what I did. I even lost the last game and I still got invited.

themikewoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:51 PM   #40
westz

I WestZ I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
You have to make sure one team gets kicked out of the a BCS Conference league before you get invited. Beat Baylor all of the time and make sure they do poorly. They will get kicked out of the BIG 12 (NOT BIG 10) and then you will get invited with TCU.

• Forza Motorsport 2 (I NEED THAT 1 MIL)

I am open to any boosting requests, just ask. XBL Message preferred.

Latest 1000G Completion:
Assassin's Creed 2 08/15/2010
Call of Duty 2 08/18/2010

47,000 GS 08/15/2010
Goal: 50,000 GS by 09/30/2010

Check out my Flickr!
westz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:48 AM   #41
The19MrHockey

The19MrHockey's Gamercard

where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerosko View Post
yeah i just eddited a few players on TCU to 99 and they went 13-0 and got the invite after the first season of simming
where do I go to edit the players? Do I need to do this outside the dynasty mode? I tried to go to "edit" roster and it only change the appearance. lol

Currently playing (Legit *and boosting (b/B)*):

Medal of Honor

NBA 2K10*(b) and 2K11 (soon)

Battlefield Bad Co 2

Guitar Hero 5*(b)/Rock Band 2

Top Spin 3 **WORLD TOUR** (B)

Red Dead Redemption *ALL DLC* (B)
The19MrHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:49 PM   #42
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Got the achievement after 4 season of play with WMU. I lost my first game but won the rest. I had to play a couple of games against ranked opponents, I was only at 4 starts as well.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:04 PM   #43
cpt cachi

can you do it with boise state
cpt cachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:14 PM   #44
cpt cachi

bcs conference invite achievement

i did it with tcu i went undefeated for the first two season and i won the national championship twice on the second year i replaced baylor in the big 12 conference i reccomend using tcu i hope this help anybody
cpt cachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:18 PM   #45
Morbious17

Send a message via MSN to Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradakovich View Post
I decided to try Rogue's strategy, figured I'd put his credibility to the test.. and yep, worked like a charm. Huge sigh of relief because I've tried about 4 different methods, 1 including the 1star to 6star method (was in my 9th year...)

One thing that I noticed was you have to accept the contract extension. If you don't, you won't get invited. I did this wrong the first time. I finished 11-2 (must win bowl game). I reccomend don't restart if you get beaten, that seems to also be an issue.

So as rogue said. Just sim the regular season as TCU, regardless of winning/losing (Texas will surely beat you in simulation), you should be 10-2 or so. Simulate to your bowl game. Save it. Sim it, if you win, continue. Accept the contract extension when offered. After hitting accept, you should immediately get the achievement, because on the next screen is where the BCS conference invite would be.
I tried this 3 times and it did not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westz View Post
You have to make sure one team gets kicked out of the a BCS Conference league before you get invited. Beat Baylor all of the time and make sure they do poorly. They will get kicked out of the BIG 12 (NOT BIG 10) and then you will get invited with TCU.
I made sure Baylor had a very low record (was 1-11) then simmed the rest of the season and to the end of the next season while still making sure TCU was winning 10 or more of their games before the bowl and winning that. I realize this is an old post but I just wanted to say thanks and that making sure Baylor lost is what it took for me to get the invite.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:52 AM   #46
Jankenomics

Jankenomics's Gamercard
this achievement is such a pain in the ass

GOT IT!!!!

I used Army, edited the stats, won back to back national championships. After the 2nd championship the ACC kicked Duke out and wanted me.....lol........GO ARMY!!!!!!

Last edited by Jankenomics; 01-14-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Jankenomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:12 AM   #47
OnTheRun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The19MrHockey View Post
Currently playing (Legit *and boosting (b/B)*):

Medal of Honor

NBA 2K10*(b) and 2K11 (soon)

Battlefield Bad Co 2

Guitar Hero 5*(b)/Rock Band 2

Top Spin 3 **WORLD TOUR** (B)

Red Dead Redemption *ALL DLC* (B)
Legit?!? Thats why your card is hidden, right?
OnTheRun is offline   Reply With Quote