PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-15-2012, 10:13 PM   #301
combustible lemon

unsnaggedfive3's Gamercard
the first time i encountered and elder dragon was something to remember. In falkreath i was in the general store and the shop keepers jerk brother gives me his racist little rant and leaves. when i leave I hear the familiar dragon noise and see the dragon far off in the hills coming towards the city but my controllers vibrating crazy and then bam-my guy is knocked down and turns arround to see my first elder dragon ontop of the shop before i am blasted with ice. turn arround to flee and the one i spotted first drops almost ontop of me and i end up running back the way i came to see the second dragon grab that jerk and throw his dead body right at me. So there i am fighting 2 elder dragons-1 fire breathing, 1 ice breathing. falkreath is now like a ghost town and there are still bodies all over the place.
on the plus side i did get the key to almost every house in the city off all the corpses.
combustible lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #302
Ice Car

Send a message via Skype™ to Ice Car

Ice Car's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
I didn't see a bitching thread so this will do. This is a WTF moment for me...

F**king dragons piss me off. I just gathered a bunch of crap to sell and went to the Riverwood Trader, came back out, A F**KING DRAGON SPAWNS and kills like everyone in Riverwood and I had no weapons since I was selling a bunch of stuff and I am forced to reload my game before I went and gathered everything to sell.

Why the f**k do dragons keeps spawning after you beat the main quest? Alduin is dead, there is nothing to keep bringing them out. I guess I could think of it as killing the rest lol. I swear I hate dragons so damn much they always show up at the WRONG TIMES. Now I have to do all this again.

/rant
You couldn't load any of the 3 autosaves or did they all occur before selling? Since you sold everything there, couldn't you have just bought a simple weapon from him if you could to fight it off?
Ice Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:14 PM   #303
ViolentCabaret

ViolentCabaret's Gamercard
While traveling around with Lydia, we ran into a couple giants that I didn't realize were so close. When Lydia went to attack one of them, the giant smacked her with his arm and sent her flying like a golf ball. I was certain that I was going to have to reload or track her body down somewhere miles away.

About half way through taking them on myself, Lydia comes flying over a mountain like the Flash and one-shot maces an almost full heath giant. It was amusing redemption.

ViolentCabaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:21 PM   #304
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Car View Post
You couldn't load any of the 3 autosaves or did they all occur before selling? Since you sold everything there, couldn't you have just bought a simple weapon from him if you could to fight it off?
Well, I have all my autosaving settings turned off. I don't like the game to save by itself. I like making my own saves.

I also couldn't do what you suggested because like I had said, the dragon had killed everyone just about in Riverwood. I didn't want to save over that with Alvor and everyone else lying dead in the road because of some dumb dragon. Killing it wouldn't have mattered.

I ended up going back later and one hit killing the bastard with my bow.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:37 AM   #305
Ice Car

Ice Car's Gamercard

Quote:
Well, I have all my autosaving settings turned off. I don't like the game to save by itself. I like making my own saves.

I also couldn't do what you suggested because like I had said, the dragon had killed everyone just about in Riverwood. I didn't want to save over that with Alvor and everyone else lying dead in the road because of some dumb dragon. Killing it wouldn't have mattered.

I ended up going back later and one hit killing the bastard with my bow.
Leave them on. They've been lifesavers to me in so many instances. At times it saved me from making some crucial mistake, or from encountering a dragon at a major hold or some sort, by simply reloading a prior autosave and reentering until the dragon doesn't appear, usually after the first reload.

I encountered a Dragon while overencumbered and trying to sell all the stuff I stole from Ahkari (Not directly from her, but by taking all the stuff from the invisible chest in Dawnstar, which is her inventory, free to take without any of it being counted as stolen) back to her and some nearby merchants, and I didn't notice a Dragon nearby that had killed everyone in the side of the town by Quicksilver Mine. I hadn't saved for about an hour or so.

Also, I've made a couple of stupid errors when buying/selling stuff like, without noticing, buying everything in a merchant's inventory, thinking it was my inventory and I was selling stuff on accident. Reloading an autosave saves quite a bit of time usually, but it also leaves the merchant's inventory at its last state before you just visited so I have to wait several hours or visit another merchant.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:29 AM   #306
VerifyedRasta

VerifyedRasta's Gamercard
Quote:
This is your problem. But may I ask why? The autosaves are Bethesda's way of telling you they know something bad may happen eventually in their game.
*Becomes Arch-Mage of Mage's college*
"You know..."
VerifyedRasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:15 AM   #307
InsanePirateDragon

Tower killed a dragon for me
InsanePirateDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #308
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

The other night I was working on getting rid of the Skooma trade in Riften. I had Faendal with me and told him to wait outside the warehouse while I went in alone. I go in, kill off all the bad guys, then go get Faendal so he can help me carry loot. As soon as we emerge inside the warehouse, Faendal, who is in sneak mode like myself, starts walking backwards, away from me, and down the stairs! Really creepy like. I'm like, "WTF?". I needed him to carry some loot cuz I was overburdened. Well, I decided to go fetch him, slithering along and here he comes back up the stairs. I tried to open dialog with him but all he says is, "You're not supposed to BE in here." Over and over and over again. We go back outside, everything is fine, go back inside and he's cool with everything now! I think I need a better companion...
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #309
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Just finished up the Dark Brotherhood last night and the best line ever was what Cicero said about Veezara, "I do feel bad about Veezara though, stupid lizard got in my way!"

Awesome.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #310
VerifyedRasta

I LOVE Cicero. He gets so much hate from other players. Am i the only one who loves him?
"You know..."
Old 02-16-2012, 10:08 PM   #311
Scotty
Max Clubs Bard

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber Clubs Baron   Road Map - Platinum   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - troy0891   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - DeekBoy   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerifyedRasta View Post
I LOVE Cicero. He gets so much hate from other players. Am i the only one who loves him?
i believe you may be the only one. i muted it every time he was on. annoying little twat!
Old 02-16-2012, 10:59 PM   #312
VerifyedRasta

He reminds me of the Mark Hamill joker (who is one of my favorite characters of all time). I just don't see how people could hate him so.
"You know..."
Old 02-17-2012, 01:56 AM   #313
Nevander

His lines and his character were certainly amusing but in the end I found he was too mad to be left alive. He took an arrow between the eyes.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:09 AM   #314
oooo yeah

oooo yeah's Gamercard
It's best to keep him alive to utilize the glitch where you can have 4 followers. Your regular follower + Cicero + 2 DB initiates. All at the same time and can give orders and change equipment to all 4.
oooo yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:28 AM   #315
Nevander

Hahaha. Don't know how many of you have seen this:

Old 02-19-2012, 07:08 AM   #316
VerifyedRasta

^Haha, I've seen that and it's way too true!
"You know..."
Old 02-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #317
Ice Car

Ice Car's Gamercard

Quote:
Hahaha. Don't know how many of you have seen this:

Skyrim: Sneaking - YouTube
That looks strangely similar to this comic:

It's funny because it's true.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #318
oooo yeah

oooo yeah's Gamercard
Has anyone else noticed that Falk Firebeard in the Blue Palace looks remarkably like a certain Texas Ranger?
oooo yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #319
Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I almost choked on what I was eating from laughing when I saw that video!
Old 02-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #320
Skedarr

Skedarr's Gamercard
When I first started I got attacked by a bandit when I was level 4 near Whiterun after I killed him I was attacked by the Whiterun gaurds managed to survive barely and had a 4800g bounty in Whiterun after playing the game for around 10mins so couldnt enter Whiterun to get any quests
Skedarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:05 AM   #321
Nevander

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo yeah View Post
Has anyone else noticed that Falk Firebeard in the Blue Palace looks remarkably like a certain Texas Ranger?
Hmmm...

Old 02-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #322
nicidee

DaisyDukeDee78's Gamercard
I was on a Theives Guild mission, sneaking down the basement corridor of Goldenglow Estates when I reached a mercenary post. I found this awesome corner hiding spot where he couldn't see me - he just kept running back and forth in front of me going "Is someone there? I know I heard something..." Then as soon as he was satisfied that it was "just his imagination", he'd get up and start running around again and repeat the cycle. I leveled up my Sneak 5 levels in like 5 minutes just sitting there while the dude was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off! Probably could have kept going, but I got really sick of sitting there and I just wanted to get on with the mission...

Anyway the best part was - I got a SNEAK cinematic!!! After a few level raises' worth of me just sitting there, it switched to 3rd person view and the camera started to pan. At first I thought the game was glitching on me, but then I saw this awesome shot of my girl all crouched in the corner, arms flat against the wall all Mission-Impossible-style. SWEET!
nicidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #323
Panznerr

hippeus omega's Gamercard
Probably the first time I heard the whole Arrow in the knee thing from a guard. Cause I had a arrow stuck in my knee at the time and I was like WTF your kidding right?!

"What are you really? A fly swatter?" "Destined to swat you, I think!" "Unless I take you first!" "Really bought his own press, this one! Please Cas, I know God, and you sir are no God!" —Castiel and Death, Supernatural

Panznerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #324
Slayground

slayground's Gamercard
I wanted to get married in Riften right at the beginning of the game (also, I got it when it first came out.)
So, I had no idea you could use the carriages to get there for only fifty coins.
So, it took me about an hour to get there on foot with the constant stopping to fight, text, and going the wrong way. I get to a point where I'm on a mountain near a waterfall and of course I fall off the mountain and down the waterfall and die without saving.
Then, I try again and get all the way to the door and IT FREEZES.
Oh, Skyrim and your glitches. whyyyyy.....
Slayground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:44 PM   #325
SIMPLYMIDGET

simplymidget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I picked a fight with a guard in Riften and then entered the secret entrance - the guard follows. Now, I have already completed the thieves guild questline and special jobs and have all extra characters unlocked in the guild. The second the guard enters the guild, about 20 people attack him at once - no joke it was just rapage.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #326
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
Hmmm...

You do realize he was banging Elisif long before Ulfric murdered the high king with his voice, right?
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:01 PM   #327
VerifyedRasta

Lol Falk really must have been modeled after Chuck!
"You know..."
Old 02-23-2012, 04:29 AM   #328
MewMew

MewMew34's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panznerr View Post
Probably the first time I heard the whole Arrow in the knee thing from a guard. Cause I had a arrow stuck in my knee at the time and I was like WTF your kidding right?!
I've grown to hate those guys. XD I kept having guards tell me about their arrow to the knee, when I had one through my chest barely missing my heart, and another sticking out of my thigh. "I STILL have arrows in me and it hasn't stopped me you pansy!"

Watching heads go rolling down the mountainside is pretty fun. Or having the one guy's head fall into an underground lake and just float away.

MewMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #329
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

I was in Solitude and was selling weapons to the blacksmith instead of going normal way down I jumped behind the house to just check around as I turned left I went straight a bit and then to turn right, I confront a guard who mentions the quote something like "damned dragons got to keep my eyes open could sweep down from anywhere" and what do you know happens ? A dragon falls down in the city in the background just as he says that. I quickly paused the game and took a picture of my tv as he said that.

Another part was at this camp when I just started a new character and I guess these people kill mammoths ? When I started to approach two Giants were running in and then an enemy goes flying in the air as I move my camera back down another enemy flying in the air.. must of happened 4 times funniest thing ive seen in awhile.

Decapitating someone by the neck to only hear a full sentence said from them afterwords.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #330
nicidee

DaisyDukeDee78's Gamercard
I was hanging out in the Hall of Attainment waiting for Brelyna's botched experiment to wear off, when Tolfdir walked by. I swear he looked right at me, all green & hazy from the effects of her spell, and went off about how wonderful it is it be surrounded by "such good minds", and "it gives an old man hope".

Well maybe not ALL the minds are so good...
nicidee is offline   Reply With Quote