PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-13-2011, 08:12 AM   #31
HDresden

VGM 007's Gamercard
nothing that special yet for me, but i did have a funny moment fighting some bandits. was sneaking up on a bandit & used my bow/arrow and she turned around

you can't hide. is that all you g-. thats when my steel arrow went through her freaking face. and yes, i stood taunting over her body for a minute asking her if she had any other smartass responses.
HDresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:31 AM   #32
REDEMPTIONDENIED

redemtiondenied's Gamercard
A kid in Whiterun saw me use a shout and asked if I could turn him invisible. One of the responses is : "Poof! Your invisible ...( Or something close to that) The kid didn't believe me to which I responded: "Your invisible, trust me"

Also, guards yelling at you for using shouts in towns saying that "I'm scaring people."
REDEMPTIONDENIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:40 AM   #33
a7x4lyf3

Dementhis's Gamercard
Casually walking down the road screen starts shaking, dragon appears and lands behind me, prepares to breathe fire, I charge my fus roh dah shout and right when I shout a giant comes running across the screen literally from nowhere gets in front of my shout and goes flying through the dragons fire, so all I pretty much see is a flying fiery figure get tossed off the mountain side, was pretty funny c:
a7x4lyf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #34
Meagan47

Meagan47's Gamercard
Was just walking around exploring when I spotted a couple mammoths. All the sudden one of them gets sprung straight up into the air and is as high up as the mountains. I`m literally just watching it slowly...and I mean slowly, fall back to the ground with the others. WTF.

EDIT: LOOOOOL when it finally hit the ground it looked fine for two seconds and then rolled over and died.

Last edited by Meagan47; 11-13-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Meagan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:02 AM   #35
a7x4lyf3

Dementhis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meagan47 View Post
Was just walking around exploring when I spotted a couple mammoths. All the sudden one of them gets sprung straight up into the air and is as high up as the mountains. I`m literally just watching it slowly...and I mean slowly, fall back to the ground with the others. WTF.

EDIT: LOOOOOL when it finally hit the ground it looked fine for two seconds and then rolled over and died.
This is nothing but WIN xD
a7x4lyf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:02 AM   #36
seahn

Send a message via MSN to seahn

seahn's Gamercard
i have plenty, between me and my friend (we had a game night to celebrate skyrim) but the one i will mention right now is were i was minding my own buisness, trying to hunt an elk, first hit didn't kill it, so i gave chase. to give a good setting, it was probably about 2am, so it was still dark, and i was just outside of Ivarstead, chasing this elk, got about 50 meters into the chase and suddenly a dragon landed right in front of me, and the battle ensued... i hit it with a mix of flame and spark (i use very little conjuration, i usually start a battle draining my magika, then move onto my one handed weapon and shield) as my companion hit it with arrows, then it took off into the sky. i then have to attempt to hit it with my bow, as that's my only option at this point when they are above head, then it decides to land again. and out of no where a bear comes and decides to start attacking the dragon. so i continue to pelt the dragon with arrows, to keep my self distant from their fight, then as the dragon starts to drop in health, i start at the bear, and i couldn't have done that sooner, because as soon as the bear finished off the dragon, it came at me, and one last arrow to the face did it in... it was epic, and whats better is this entire battle lasted into the bright morning...

seahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:04 AM   #37
seahn

Send a message via MSN to seahn

seahn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDEMPTIONDENIED View Post
A kid in Whiterun saw me use a shout and asked if I could turn him invisible. One of the responses is : "Poof! Your invisible ...( Or something close to that) The kid didn't believe me to which I responded: "Your invisible, trust me"

Also, guards yelling at you for using shouts in towns saying that "I'm scaring people."
i considered shouting at the guy preaching in the town square or whatever, forgive me for knowing the town name off hand. i was just wondering if the guards wouldn't congratulate or thank me, hahaha...

seahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:59 AM   #38
NexT2010

next2010's Gamercard
I was walking around Whiterun and I came up to some Thalmor Justiciar people taking a Talos clan member to be interegated and tortured. I gues I asked to many questions and they all started to attack me while Whiterun guards just sat and watched. Asfter I killed them all the prisoner took off running before I could free him and talk to him. I chased him for ever and had to use all my stamina potions. He finally stoped because a apprentice fire mage and a apprentice ice mage were in a battling magic fight! They were kicking the crap out of eachother for no apparent reason! I watched as one died and then the prisoner started to beat on the surviving mage with his hands still bound. I joined in and killed the mage and the bastard prisoner started to run away again. I think he was hurt because I was able to catch him. Anyway after I freed him he never even thanked me. Punk.

Last edited by NexT2010; 11-13-2011 at 12:03 PM.
NexT2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:33 PM   #39
Paka

bucfanpaka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDEMPTIONDENIED View Post

The kids wanted me to play with them one time randomly when I talked to them. I was like, sure, thinking it was just talk, but nope, I actually ended up in a game of hide-and-seek. Neat touch!

Oh yeah, for any who haven't, definitely take off all your clothes and go about your business in any town! The comments are great, it especially seemed to bug the Whiterun court wizard, who griped at me like every ten seconds about it when I was using the alchemy lab there. Make sure to talk to the kids too. I love all the comments on the things you wear, it caught me off guard when someone griped at me because of the Elven blade I stole out of the Jarl's palace and was using- "Why the Elven blade? Nordic steel not good enough for you?"
Old 11-13-2011, 04:46 PM   #40
Blur360

Bluristic's Gamercard
Quick travelled to Solitude once when right after a dead dragon out of nowhere fell from the sky inside the town and gave me a dragon soul

Blur360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:59 PM   #41
plinny1984

plinny1984's Gamercard
i was hunting an animal (elk or stag i cant really remember) up what appeared to be a small hill, i managed to finish it off with my bow & arrow and all of a sudden it dissapeared, i ran towards where it last was and had to suddenly stop as i came to the top of a cliff, i looked down and saw a river and within a couple of seconds, the stag/elk got washed up on the bank. i couldnt stop laughing for a good few minutes. my friend was quite upset and called me cruel!
plinny1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #42
BS411

BS411's Gamercard
Today I was exploring in the fall forest area when I saw a little house on fire and inside of the house next to the burnt body I found a scroll for summoning a fire atronach (sp?). So the guy must have summed it and it burnt down his house and killed him in the process.

It's small things like these that remind me why I love this game so much.

BS411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #43
SIMPLYMIDGET

simplymidget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
I was somewhere near Whiterun when a dragon started circling... a few seconds later it swooped down and grabbed my companion Lydia and flew off with her. I guess they don't always pick up NPCs and toss them. I reloaded a save file only because she was carrying a ton of goods worth some nice gold. I wonder where the dragon was going to bring her.

159 completed games [Includes all DLC]
SIMPLYMIDGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:22 PM   #44
Mfaust

Freelancefaust's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukGoSipAu View Post
For all the victims of Giants:

North East of Whiterun (Dragonreach) there is a Standing Stone with reanimate corpse. East of that stone is Gulden's Rock that is usually inhabited by two giants (also a misc. objective bounty from Whiterun.) Kill two Giants and then reanimate them. Go east a little further along the riverbed to a Highway Bandit toll bridge. Decline payment or attack afterwards.

Watch as your two shiny new Giants play ball.
Thats awesome. I'm going to have to try that.

I went by the giants when I first started out but ran when I saw how big they were. I didnt get launched but my protecter Lydia did and I did see here for about 3 hours after that.
Mfaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:11 PM   #45
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
One of my favorites was encountering the Giants and Mammoths near their camp. I was trying to avoid them knowing they would attack me (friendly Giants my ass). Suddenly they all start running, Giants and Mammoths. Turns out, a fox had run into their camp. All of them start chasing after the fox and trying to kill it. All the Giants were clubbing the ground and trying to kill it but they kept missing. It was quite amusing. Reminded me of the old cartoons with people trying to chase and kill a mouse. The Giants eventually gave up and the fox got away... until I chased it down and killed it myself
tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:09 PM   #46
Giltec

Giltec's Gamercard
Just started a quest for the Jarl in Morthal. Left the Jarl's hall and there was a posse waiting to accompany me outside. I spoke to a few of the posse and one said he was the best warrior in Morthal.

Oh yeah, said I, and after a 100 gold wager we started to fight unarmed. The rules, as he said, were no weapons and no magic. I landed a couple of blows at the start of the fight and the bastard pulls his two handed axe out and lays into me. To rub salt into the wounds, the rest of the posse and town guards joined in on his side!!!!

Needless to say I died and when I reloaded I didn't talk to him and buggered off on the quest.
Giltec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:17 PM   #47
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I was swimming up north (naked, of course) when I spied a Horker watching me.
I waded closer to land, and a staring contest ensued. Soon, I began thinking this must be some kind of pedophile version of a Horker only discovered in Skyrim until I realized that my Xbox had froze. WHAT THE FUCK?!
Old 11-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #48
Elux

Derangeable's Gamercard
The only time I've laughed so far was when I entered Markarth and there was a woman talking about buying some jewelry for her mother and then she gets assassinated by a Forsworn sleeper agent. The contrast is what I found humourous.
Was never a project of mine.
Oh, hard is the struggle, and sparse is
The gain of the one at the top,
For art is a form of catharsis,
And love is a permanent flop,
And work is the province of cattle,
And rest's for a clam in a shell,
So I'm thinking of throwing the battleŚ
Would you kindly direct me to hell?
Elux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #49
ZundayXx

ZundayXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Loads of ''What just happened?'' bugs including levitating mammoths/spiders, bunnies flying at 500MPH, dragons flying trough the ground to headbutt me and all that.

Luring enemies into those spike fence traps to see them fly away at lightspeed.

While I was trying to find Angrier, he was apperently in a tower training his shouts, as I entered the tower he used one, having my volume turned up i jumped, almost falling off my chair.

Can't wait to see what else is going to happen.

''All warfare is based on deception.'' - Sun Tzu
ZundayXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:52 PM   #50
yummymummy

yummymummy8810's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildmn34 View Post
I was going to just post one thing in a nee thread but figured why not make a thread for a collection of good stories about encounters/experiences/etc that we have had in Skyrim.

Be warned that by the very nature of the thread there may be spoilers.

So, I'll start with my best one from last night.

I was going to the High Hrothgar. I was in the beautiful woods at the town before you go up the steps.

Off to my right I see a blue butterfly. "ooh pretty" So I start to chase it. It's a crafty little bugger, and does a brutal Barry Sanders double juke and gets past me. So, I turn to go back after it and get absolutely blasted by a bear. I never even had a chance to pull my ax, or a spell, or anything.

The only thing I managed to do was a little squeak of surprise and promptly dropped my controller and as I was picking it up watched this bear finish me off.

So, yes friends I was killed all because of a damn butterfly. I have learned my lesson and have an iron will not to repeat it. Unless of course I see something shiny once again and then the chase is on!

So, pull up a chair and a warm glass of mead and share your stories of times when you were less than stellar, and made judgments that a nine year old would scoff at.

I bid thee well, and look forward to your tales.
I met that bloody thing lol
Rayman Origins
yummymummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:16 PM   #51
TombRaiser

TombRaiser's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
I ended up walking to a place called Labyrinthian and two Frost Trolls ganged up on me an slashed me to death before I could even draw my sword!
Old 11-13-2011, 09:21 PM   #52
Toams07
Why so serious?

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Subscriber - Bronze   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I had some holy crap moments climbing the 7000 steps to High Hrothgar
The views from there are simply breath-taking ..

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:33 PM   #53
yummymummy

yummymummy8810's Gamercard
I went into a cave on my way to see the greybeards and this massive spider came out from above me.... Made my skin go all shivery... hate spiders
Rayman Origins
yummymummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:32 PM   #54
HDresden

VGM 007's Gamercard
i really wish i was able to get a video of it, but my character was flying for a bit.

i was jumping around in whiterun and i jumped into the blacksmith's sign. i didn't fully land on the ground, but i was able to move. however in 3rd person, it had the animation of you falling, which is your arms out, cept my character was flapping his arms like crazy, as if he was flying.

i probably could have kept it up for a bit, but i bumped into a npc and that stopped it.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:41 PM   #55
Lord Zedd0

Lord Zedd0's Gamercard
I was doing the money glitch where you travel to the bottemles pit below winterhold. I noticed that the skeletons were back at their original places/ The skeleton holding the book : doors of oblivion (that money glitch) was resting at his pedistal. Suddenly the dragon appeared. It shouted his fire at me hitting the skeleton. The skeleton woke up and ran away!!

If only I could have captured it on video! Too funny!!
Lord Zedd0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:46 PM   #56
DashingCW

Axelisflames's Gamercard
My favorite thing to happen so far was I was leaving the hall in one of the northern most towns (can't remember the name). As soon as I walk out the door a guard is falling out of the sky and pretty damn fast too. He splats on the ground, and no one seems to notice but me. I take everything he has, and leave.

50,000 GS achieved 10/21/2011 thanks to Brainteaser in Batman: Arkham City.

100% Complete:
Spider-man Web of Shadows, Skyrim, Skylanders, Svs.R 2010, Jurassic Park, Rage, Saints Row: The Third (No DLC), Madden 09, Madden 12, Uno, Bastion, Scott Pilgrim: The Game (No DLC), Pac-Man CE DX, and DR2: Case Zero.
DashingCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:47 PM   #57
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
The second Dragon encounter I had scared the bejesus out of me. I was exiting a mine and it swooped down over me. All I could think was run away! This video is something I think we all can relate to, plus Monty Python is awesome.

BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:56 PM   #58
Lord Zedd0

Lord Zedd0's Gamercard
Running around naked in Whiterun as a Kajiet. Suddenly somebody says : put on some clothes. You are making me seasonally warm; Or something like that!

The old womanwere you need to do a quest to find her lost missing son, was hitting up on me. Ieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuw!

Last edited by Lord Zedd0; 11-13-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Lord Zedd0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:46 PM   #59
AKirk93

AKirk93's Gamercard
Saw a group of Frost Trolls take down a Dragon today. I spent a good five minutes running up the mountain to fight the dragon as it circled the peak, then stood and watched as these trolls shrugged off the dragons attacks and wore it down. Had to shout them of the edge when they turned on me though.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:00 AM   #60
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDrew84 View Post
The second Dragon encounter I had scared the bejesus out of me. I was exiting a mine and it swooped down over me. All I could think was run away! This video is something I think we all can relate to, plus Monty Python is awesome.

Monty Python - Run Away! - YouTube
Monty Python references never fail.

Oh... that BUNNY!