PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-13-2011, 12:23 AM   #1
fastNcurious

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
What is "kill streak bonus" on Battlelog?

On the first tab of your personal Battlelog ("Stats and Progression"), towards the bottom under "More Statistics," what does "kill streak bonus" mean?

If it says 20, does that mean my highest kill streak in a single game was 20?

Or does it mean I got 20 streak bonuses in a single game (seems awfully high so I'm gonna guess no)?

That number does not match the number of times I got the Combat Efficiency Ribbon.

Thanks in advance.

Side rant: I don't understand why game developers don't define all these things. Like WTF determines "Skill"? And they need an official reference so people know that the Javelin is only for land vehicles, but can be used for air vehicles in conjunction with the Soflam so people don't keep asking. I mean, I don't need hand holding, but when you join the military, they train you on these things so the least DICE could do is inform players about these things instead of having us figure it out. Would the military just throw a Javelin at a cadet and say, go get em kid? No. Lazy developers.
/EndSideRant
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:01 AM   #2
Barad
Maximum Club's Warrior

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Diamond   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
That's your longest killstreak.

I still don't have a fucking what the combat efficiency ribbon means I got my medal for it earlier..I know it's an 8 killstreak but 3 streak bonuses what does that mean?!

Become a Subscriber | Become an Ambassador | Become an Artist | Community Gaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragarach Luin View Post
Barad's phone contains no games, only the numbers of various supermodels.

Last edited by Barad; 11-13-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:21 AM   #3
VELVETxASSASSIN

Ms Velvet's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by himalaybarad View Post

I still don't have a fucking what the combat effiency ribobn means I got my medal for it ealier..8 killstreak but 3 streak bonuses what?!
You have to get 8 kills in a row to get the combat effiency ribbon. If your killstreak continues u will recieve a ribbon for every 3 additional kills.

Example:8 kills - 1st ribbon
11 kills - 2nd ribbon
14 kills - 3rd ribbon n so on. i hope this clears it up. I have 120 of these n just realized how it works the other day.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:34 AM   #4
Poppygalaxy

poppygalaxy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VELVETxASSASSIN View Post
You have to get 8 kills in a row to get the combat effiency ribbon. If your killstreak continues u will recieve a ribbon for every 3 additional kills.

11 kills - 2nd ribbon
14 kills - 3rd ribbon n so on. i hope this clears it up. I have 120 of these n just realized how it works the other day.
Ahha, cool. Was wondering why i got so many of them

Poppygalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:52 AM   #5
fastNcurious

Quote:
Ok. Thanks! That's what I thought at first, but the word "bonus" confused me so I thought maybe it meant something else. Don't know why they didn't just use "kill streak"....

Quote:

11 kills - 2nd ribbon
See? That's what I meant in my side rant. Things like these should be explained beforehand so we don't have to figure them out as we go. Doesn't matter how they do it as long as they do it, whether in-game, in the manual, or on their official website. Is that so much to ask? Apparently it is. Lol.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:48 AM   #6
SS the Driver

SS the Driver's Gamercard
Does it really hurt that much to use your brain? For every one of these issues, I spent the energy to figure it out or do the research. I didn't beg others to spoon feed me answers. Lazy players

Nothing against those who ask genuine questions, but if you're going to insult the developers for not spelling everything out for you...SHAME

SS the Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:23 AM   #7
fastNcurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS the Driver View Post
Does it really hurt that much to use your brain? For every one of these issues, I spent the energy to figure it out or do the research. I didn't beg others to spoon feed me answers. Lazy players

Nothing against those who ask genuine questions, but if you're going to insult the developers for not spelling everything out for you...SHAME
Because "kill streak bonus" really makes sense to you (vs "longest kill streak")? Ok then. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Because giving us an achievement to obtain all ribbons without even defining what each ribbon means makes sense? Ok then. I'm not saying they tell us exactly what to do. That's retarded hand holding. Least they could've done is say, "combat efficiency ribbon means XXX." If you followed this forum since before the game released, you would know that something as simple as what I suggested would've saved people a lot of questions, headaches, and time. (Again, I'm not saying we need hand holding though this is the internet and I know you or someone else will still say that despite my disclaimer so whatev....)
Old 11-13-2011, 07:37 AM   #8
FSparacino4

im boomheadshot's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNcurious View Post
Because "kill streak bonus" really makes sense to you (vs "longest kill streak")? Ok then. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Because giving us an achievement to obtain all ribbons without even defining what each ribbon means makes sense? Ok then. I'm not saying they tell us exactly what to do. That's retarded hand holding. Least they could've done is say, "combat efficiency ribbon means XXX." If you followed this forum since before the game released, you would know that something as simple as what I suggested would've saved people a lot of questions, headaches, and time. (Again, I'm not saying we need hand holding though this is the internet and I know you or someone else will still say that despite my disclaimer so whatev....)
The damn ribbons in the in-game stats menu explain what you need to obtain each one...
FSparacino4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:07 PM   #9
Belvik

Belvik's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSparacino4 View Post
The damn ribbons in the in-game stats menu explain what you need to obtain each one...
Yes and no, I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought the motion spot ribbon was not explained well at all. I tried for 3 straight games using the T-ugs before I looked on here and saw it had to be the MAV.

Belvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #10
Barad
Maximum Club's Warrior

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Diamond   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Quote:

11 kills - 2nd ribbon
That makes so much more sense now thank you!

Become a Subscriber | Become an Ambassador | Become an Artist | Community Gaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragarach Luin View Post
Barad's phone contains no games, only the numbers of various supermodels.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:44 PM   #11
VELVETxASSASSIN

Ms Velvet's Gamercard
Quote:
That makes so much more sense now thank you!
Anytime