PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-19-2011, 11:10 PM   #91
Telekiller7

Telekiller5's Gamercard
can you please put a link to the NEW skull and terminal guide in those achievements? i cant find it cause when i search i get an error message

I got my high GS thanks to www.Gamefly.com, you should too! (I WISH this was a paid advertisement )
Telekiller7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:16 PM   #92
dontgoeasyonme

Dontgoeasyonme's Gamercard
Great guide but your 10-15 hours for 1000G is way off the mark! So far of it makes you look like (A) you're trying to show off (B) you haven't played this game (C) youre a twat!

Please fix this to a real time! 20+
Old 11-20-2011, 12:03 AM   #93
Darksheik

Darksheik's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontgoeasyonme View Post
Great guide but your 10-15 hours for 1000G is way off the mark! So far of it makes you look like (A) you're trying to show off (B) you haven't played this game (C) youre a twat!

I agree. Not less than 20 hours in my opinion. You must be VERY skilled if you can 1000 this in 10 hours.
Around 25 seems more realistic.
Darksheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:15 AM   #94
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Add that the reload glitch still works. If you need to reload and want to switch weapons, press: Reload, Reload, Switch Weapons.

When you do this, it will switch weapons, and reload the other gun while it is on your back. Effectively, you can switch back and forth between a pistol and AR without ever having to see a reload animation. Really helps for Legendary run n' gun.

Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:25 AM   #95
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yo Dark, update the guide. Apparently if you're going for the no-death library chievo with co-op if either dies then no unlock. Played through just now and my buddy died right before the end and I didnt get it. Anybody knows whats up here?
Old 11-20-2011, 09:06 AM   #96
dontgoeasyonme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksheik View Post
I agree. Not less than 20 hours in my opinion. You must be VERY skilled if you can 1000 this in 10 hours.
Around 25 seems more realistic.
I would bet both my balls nobody can 1000G in 10 hours
Old 11-20-2011, 09:09 AM   #97
Ganondorf6667

Ganondorf6667's Gamercard
Quote:
I would bet both my balls nobody can 1000G in 10 hours
No need to come across of aggressive as you have about this guide, be grateful there even is it!
PSN : Ganondorf6667
Completed Retail : 14
Completed Arcade : 9
Ganondorf6667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:13 AM   #98
dontgoeasyonme

Quote:

Only reason I raise this point is because I have very little time to game theses days and I plan expected times to complete into my weekends and am very disappointed when guides misslead me
Old 11-20-2011, 09:16 AM   #99
dontgoeasyonme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganondorf6667 View Post
No need to come across of aggressive as you have about this guide, be grateful there even is it!

I'm not coming across agressive buddy! Maybe your misunderstanding or not reading me in the right frame of mind!

PS it's not hard to regurgitate a bradey guide and trawl YouTube #JustSaying
Old 11-20-2011, 09:52 AM   #100
Ganondorf6667

Ganondorf6667's Gamercard
Quote:
I'm not coming across agressive buddy! Maybe your misunderstanding or not reading me in the right frame of mind!

PS it's not hard to regurgitate a bradey guide and trawl YouTube #JustSaying
True dat!

Is it just me, or does the Original Library againest the Remastered one seem different? Enemy placement is weird!
PSN : Ganondorf6667
Completed Retail : 14
Completed Arcade : 9
Ganondorf6667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #101
Nutmeg

What about the "Speed Reader" achievement? Does the timer revert back or continue going when you reload the checkpoint or die?
Nutmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #102
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Tip for 'look out for the little guys' - solo

If you're like me and want the challenge of getting these achievements solo, I have one word of advice for "look out for the little guys" - Do Not destroy any wraiths or banshees. I played through the level 4 times trying to get this achievement. The first time I killed a grunt and reverted to last save, no joy. The second and third times I did not kill ANY grunts, but I destroyed the wraith 'n banshees the 2nd try and just the banshees the 3rd try. Even though you see an elite's body fall from the wraith/banshees, somehow this has to be what was voiding the achievement.

Perhaps, just perhaps both my 2nd and 3rd attempts, I somehow had the misfortune of having the banshee wreckage fall down and land on a grunt somewhere below me unbeknownst to me.... However, when I played through the 4th time I did not destroy any banshees or wraiths, and the achievement finally unlocked. I know for a fact I didn't directly kill any grunts in the 2nd and 3rd playthroughs, so it had to be either killing the banshees or somehow having the bad luck of their wreckage landing on grunts without me knowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutmeg View Post
What about the "Speed Reader" achievement? Does the timer revert back or continue going when you reload the checkpoint or die?
Yes, according to someone on the forums that said they clocked their run at 32 minutes +. The only way for them to have gotten the achievement with 32 minutes on their stopwatch was if the timer went back to whatever it was when they triggered the checkpoint whenever they died/reverted. Honestly though it's really not that bad. I know it was 12:02 when I finished my 'that just happened' run. I replayed the level right after that for speed reader and it wasn't even 12:25 when I finished, meaning it took between 20 and 23 minutes, and I daudled quite a bit. There are shortcuts on the 2nd and 3rd floors, as well as when the doors open slightly but not all the way, although the door shortcuts require grenade jumping.
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.

Last edited by lifeexpectancy; 11-20-2011 at 01:10 PM.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #103
BSG Viper Jock

Canary Wundaboy's Gamercard
It's possible to complete 'Breaking Quarantine' in less than 4 minutes, if you're not fussy about killing the Flood of course. I just timed my own (rather sloppy) run at 4 mins 23 seconds.

Retail completed 33 - Arcade completed 5

Proudest 100%'s -
Dragon Age 2, Borderlands, Gears of War 1 & 2, Halo 3/ODST/Reach/Wars, Assassins Creed 1/2/Brotherhood, Mass Effect 1 & 2, Call of Duty 2/4/MW2/Black Ops, The Force Unleashed I & II, skate 1 & 3, Fallout 3, Blue Dragon

Currently Working On - Gears of War 3, Kinect Sports, Deus Ex: HR, Halo CE: Anniversary, Guitar Hero 5
BSG Viper Jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #104
Preykousis

Preykousis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telekiller7 View Post
can you please put a link to the NEW skull and terminal guide in those achievements? i cant find it cause when i search i get an error message
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=344002

Call of Duty: Black Ops II - All Intel Locations Guide
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...36#post5395636
Preykousis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:29 PM   #105
FN 5 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSG Viper Jock View Post
It's possible to complete 'Breaking Quarantine' in less than 4 minutes, if you're not fussy about killing the Flood of course. I just timed my own (rather sloppy) run at 4 mins 23 seconds.
Yeah, that was actually a whole lot easier than I thought it would be. I didn't time my run, but my first playthrough I was on Legendary and I busted my ass to get out of that facility thinking the entire time I wasn't going to make it, but then when I got to the top of that last elevator, the cheevie popped and I was like 'wow, that was easy'.

I guess it helps when you remember the level almost spot on from 10 years ago.
FN 5 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:37 PM   #106
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
It doesn't specify this in the guide...

When playing co-op, if one player collects a skull, do both players get credit for it? And, can only one player collect all the skulls for them to count or can player one get half and player two get half?

And... same with the terminals. Do both players have to access a terminal for it to count or can one player do them all and count for both players (or half player one and half player two)?

Whatever the answer is, it should be put in the guide regardless.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:55 AM   #107
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
It doesn't specify this in the guide...

When playing co-op, if one player collects a skull, do both players get credit for it? And, can only one player collect all the skulls for them to count or can player one get half and player two get half?

And... same with the terminals. Do both players have to access a terminal for it to count or can one player do them all and count for both players (or half player one and half player two)?

Whatever the answer is, it should be put in the guide regardless.
I modified all of the achievements listings to specify whether they would function in co-op or not. Most, skulls/terminals included, do. And yes, only 1 person has to activate it for both players to get it.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:36 AM   #108
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
I modified all of the achievements listings to specify whether they would function in co-op or not. Most, skulls/terminals included, do. And yes, only 1 person has to activate it for both players to get it.
Yeah, they now say "Co-op Attainable". Any while you answered my question in your post, the guide has not been changed to reflect that.

The way I read it, as I'm sure many others do, is that the skulls and terminals can be "collected" in co-op. That's all. It doesn't specify, however, that if one person picks up a skull or views a terminal that both players get credit for it.

That's all I'm asking. Just one sentence saying yes, "if one player (doesn't matter which) picks up a skull or views a terminal in co-op, both players will get credit for it". Your guide doesn't specify that, and I really think it should be in there. But hey, it's your guide. I don't see why this can't be added, unless you're worried about character space. That one sentence clears it up completely.

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 11-21-2011 at 03:39 AM.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:52 AM   #109
SIXTY8 IOWEYOU1

SIXTY8 IOWEYOU1's Gamercard
nice guide thanks
Old 11-21-2011, 10:37 PM   #110
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
All according to plan... 10
Kill all of the enemies in the first encounter on “Truth & Reconciliation” without being detected

Co-Op attainable: Yes
Dummy Controller: Not Necessary

Immediately after getting off of the dropship, head to the cliffside toward the back of the canyon, but stand back far enough to avoid being seen. There are 2 shade turrets, 2 elites, 2 Jackals, and a handful of grunts (mostly asleep) Start by eliminating the Elites, than the Jackals, than the turrets. After that it's just a matter of taking out the grunts scattered around the canyon.

Note: Whatever you do, do not leave the cliff-side or the marines will move in and blow your cover. Do not stop hunting for enemies until the marines move on their own. That signifies that your done.
One thing I discovered through my own testing. Don't have the Grunt Funeral Skull turned on while you're trying for this. I did it at least a half dozen times, they never shot at me, the music never started, but they'd be running around shouting from the moment the first grunt exploded, and the cheevo never popped. Turned Grunt Funeral off, and it unlocked no problem.

And yes, looking at the video, I see it's not on in the video. But I think for the sake of absolute clarity, it should be in text too. For those who don't watch the videos before trying a half dozen times or more.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:07 AM   #111
IOnEI Falcon

I cannot get Tying Up Loose Ends for the life of me. Is there some room I am forgetting to go into or missing?
IOnEI Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:13 AM   #112
I R BFOG

xBFOGx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexpectancy View Post
If you're like me and want the challenge of getting these achievements solo, I have one word of advice for "look out for the little guys" - Do Not destroy any wraiths or banshees. I played through the level 4 times trying to get this achievement. The first time I killed a grunt and reverted to last save, no joy. The second and third times I did not kill ANY grunts, but I destroyed the wraith 'n banshees the 2nd try and just the banshees the 3rd try. Even though you see an elite's body fall from the wraith/banshees, somehow this has to be what was voiding the achievement.

Perhaps, just perhaps both my 2nd and 3rd attempts, I somehow had the misfortune of having the banshee wreckage fall down and land on a grunt somewhere below me unbeknownst to me.... However, when I played through the 4th time I did not destroy any banshees or wraiths, and the achievement finally unlocked. I know for a fact I didn't directly kill any grunts in the 2nd and 3rd playthroughs, so it had to be either killing the banshees or somehow having the bad luck of their wreckage landing on grunts without me knowing.

+1 That was pretty much our experience aswell. Dont kill grunts or vehicles and you're set
Old 11-22-2011, 01:21 AM   #113
MixMaker1

MixMaker117's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOnEI Falcon View Post
I cannot get Tying Up Loose Ends for the life of me. Is there some room I am forgetting to go into or missing?
At the start, before you drop into the hole, there are Elites across the way (2 or 3 iirc). Make sure to throw nades and kill them.

100% COMPLETED HALO PROFILE!
Marathon: Durandal / 100% (15/15 Achievements)
Halo Wars / 100% (58/58 Achievements)
Halo 2: Vista / 100% (41/41 Achievements)
Halo 3: ODST / 100% (47/47 Achievements)
Halo 3 / 100% (79/79 Achievements)
Halo Reach / 100% (69/69 Achievements)
Halo: CE:A / 100% (44/44 Achievements)
Halo 4 / 100% (76/76 Achievements)

UPCOMING!
Halo: Spartan Assault / 0% (20/20)
MixMaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:23 AM   #114
Nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMaker1 View Post
At the start, before you drop into the hole, there are Elites across the way (2 or 3 iirc). Make sure to throw nades and kill them.
You don't need to kill them. I didn't and still got the achievement.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:24 AM   #115
MixMaker1

MixMaker117's Gamercard
Quote:
You don't need to kill them. I didn't and still got the achievement.
Odd. Then I would check all the rooms once you make it to the end with the Banshees. Start going back up through the doors. You will find a group of grunts and Elites at times just chilling in a few hallways.

100% COMPLETED HALO PROFILE!
Marathon: Durandal / 100% (15/15 Achievements)
Halo Wars / 100% (58/58 Achievements)
Halo 2: Vista / 100% (41/41 Achievements)
Halo 3: ODST / 100% (47/47 Achievements)
Halo 3 / 100% (79/79 Achievements)
Halo Reach / 100% (69/69 Achievements)
Halo: CE:A / 100% (44/44 Achievements)
Halo 4 / 100% (76/76 Achievements)

UPCOMING!
Halo: Spartan Assault / 0% (20/20)
MixMaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:59 AM   #116
jamal2807

jamal2807's Gamercard
Omg the achievements are sooooo Hard man>.<
Playing on legenadaray is takin me forever!!I finish 7 mission and each mission took me 2-3 hours
jamal2807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:18 AM   #117
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Quote:
I never killed them, but I still get the achievement as well.

Also, I keep trying to link it to the Skull & Terminal 2.0 thread, but everytime I post the new link it just sends me back to the original. Anybody have any ideas why that is?

@Gravy: There is now a note for Skulls and Terminals being collected in General Tips at the beginning of Post #2.

Last edited by DarkReign2021; 11-22-2011 at 02:21 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:23 AM   #118
Nutmeg

Quote:
Odd. Then I would check all the rooms once you make it to the end with the Banshees. Start going back up through the doors. You will find a group of grunts and Elites at times just chilling in a few hallways.
Maybe in my case the Flood finished them off right after I jumped in the hole. But they were alive just a second before it.

BTW be sure to check the side corridor on the ground floor at the hangar with Banshees. When I played two elites and several grunts were hiding there. They were just standing and doing nothing.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:39 AM   #119
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Quote:
Maybe in my case the Flood finished them off right after I jumped in the hole. But they were alive just a second before it.

BTW be sure to check the side corridor on the ground floor at the hangar with Banshees. When I played two elites and several grunts were hiding there. They were just standing and doing nothing.
I second this. The area that the Hunters emerged from on Lvl 3 has a few Elites in it at both ends. On top of this, when you get to the bottom floor with the banshees and you walk out into the open, the hallway you just came from should spawn enemies. There might've been an Elite in that group as well. At any rate, I went up from the 1st to 3rd floor and back probably 5 times just to make sure nothing was hiding in the halls or trying to chase me.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:46 AM   #120
Ayepeck

Ayepecks's Gamercard
Some tips on "Never Tell Me the Odds":
- Don't turn on big explosions. They make it a royal pain in the ass. Trust me, I had it on, and it ended my near-perfect run multiple times. I finally got it, but it was a pain in the ass.
- Look at the videos, but make your own route. If you're having problems doing a certain route in a video, see if you can do it a faster way.
- There are two really important short cuts in the wall -- memorize where they are.
- Obviously, don't stop at any point, especially when Cortana tells you to -- keep on truckin'.

It was a bitch, but I got it solo... and if I can get it solo, I'd bet most people can -- I'm not a great Warthog driver.
Ayepeck is offline   Reply With Quote