PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shmup > Otomedius Excellent
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-13-2011, 04:56 PM   #1
Nawara Ven

Nawara Ven's Gamercard
Multiplay mode settings?

Hi, I'm relatively new to shmups, and I had some questions about multiplay mode. I only had a chance to play for a short time, so I wasn't able to figure everything out.

Firstly, it seems like you can't have unlimited continues in local multiplay. Is there an option to enable unlimited continues? Is it the same playing online?

What do the "start lap" and "end lap" settings mean?

Can the other players get EXP and achievements when they play, or just player 1? What about weapon cards?

Thanks for any info you can give!
Nawara Ven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:10 PM   #2
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
1. In Multiplay/Score Attack, you cannot continue though, but only in Story.

2. Start/End lap means loops. If you finished the game once, then you'll play the same stages, but a bit harder each and every loop. You can change the settings as you wish in Multiplay.

3. Yes, but its not shared, it's only independent on each character, and yes, for those playing online, they too can get EXP, Weapon Cards, and maybe achs.

4. For Weapon Cards and more info, please look at my Ach. Guide/Roadmap for more details.

Sig by Setsuna

Last edited by The Stray; 11-14-2011 at 06:11 AM.
The Stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:21 AM   #3
RyoAzuro

Ryo Azuro's Gamercard
Just wanted to add to The Stray's comments, after doing a lot of Multiplay with my friend, weapon cards will be given to both players at the end of the stage. (It doesn't matter, for example, if Player 1 gets the kill on an enemy with a weapon card. Both Player 1 and 2 will get the card, in our case). Remember though, you will have to finish the stage to get the cards (Oh how getting Wave 3 hurt so much).

I hope this helps the OP. Good day!

- Ryo
RyoAzuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:10 AM   #4
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Sorry, what I meant to say is Weapon Cards can be shared for any player that has them, but must finish the stage first, of course not all Weapon Cards can be used by every character though.

Sig by Setsuna
The Stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:10 PM   #5
Ow Nitram

Ow Nitram's Gamercard
Indeed, you can get experience and cards in Multiplay/Online. However, the score/experience is strictly individual, each player receives experience according to their own stats.

Can be useful to grab some of the harder cards with a partner but pretty much worthless for experience (since the online is so laggy).
Ow Nitram is offline   Reply With Quote