PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-16-2011, 03:25 AM   #31
dragonpwnr99

DragonPwnr99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Anyone know if any companions are ok with stealing? For awhile I have been using Faendal from Riverwood as my companion but when I break in somewhere and steal shit and then try to get him to carry stuff cause I have to much, as long as I'm trespassing he says "you're not supposed to be in here." and I can't reply. Are there any companions that let me talk to them while trespassing?

EDIT: I figure a dog companion wouldn't mind, can i have my dog carry stuff for me?
Achievements-86% Points-84%
70,000 on 3-8-14

Last edited by dragonpwnr99; 11-16-2011 at 03:55 AM.
dragonpwnr99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:58 AM   #32
x Akwellen x

Akwellen's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Didn't want to start a new thread as there is probably a simple answer, but does anyone know how to apply potions and poisons to weapons. I'm playing a Thief/assassin character mainly using a bow and i have a heap of posions and arrows that are sitting in my pack going to waste.

I've tried going through the potions screen of the menu but there's no option to apply to weapons, does it have to be done at a certain place, eg a workbench?
You just drink the potion and it applies to your current weapon as far as I can tell

Q. Ok so i've enchanted my weapon how do I replace /refill the soul gem inside it as I cant see any options to do so on the enchanter table

GT: Akwellen
x Akwellen x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:00 AM   #33
dragonpwnr99

DragonPwnr99's Gamercard

^Go to the weapon in your inventory and hit
70,000 on 3-8-14
Old 11-16-2011, 04:44 AM   #34
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Can you find Daedric Armor or can you only make it?
Old 11-16-2011, 04:45 AM   #35
Xwonate

Xwonate's Gamercard
Is Skyrim a dumbbed-down Oblivion with better graphics like Oblivion is a dumbbed-down Morrowind with better graphics? I don't mean to offend anyone but The Elder Scrolls was better before they started dumbing it down for the masses. I am afraid to buy it because I don't want to be disapointed.
Xwonate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:58 AM   #36
BluWolve
Subscribing Member

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Can you find Daedric Armor or can you only make it?
So far nothing I have found confirms you can actually obtain any Daedric Armor or Weapons through any other means besides Smithing. Anyone feel free to prove me wrong Though!
EDIT: Another way to find Daedric Armor, though technically you still have to make it.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post
I'm coming across a lot of Dwemer metal objects. I'm just wondering if these are used for something later in the game. They seem to have no point right now. Are they just for selling/junk. Or this there someone that wants these? Thanks to anyone that knows and is kind enough to answer these questions.
Keep these, they are required to smelt Dwemer Ingots, which are required to smith Dwemer Armor
Large Decorative Dwemer Strut
Large Dwemer Strut
Bent Dwemer Scrap Metal
Large Dwemer Plate Metal
Small Dwemer Plate Metal
Solid Dwemer Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
I am trained in gorilla warfare

Last edited by BluWolve; 11-16-2011 at 06:47 AM.
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:18 AM   #37
Rasjr12

Send a message via AIM to Rasjr12

rasjr12's Gamercard
Is there something special you have to do in Markarth to get the house? I've talked to the Jarl who says to talk to his Steward who wont talk to me. Anyone else having this issue?

Rasjr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:51 AM   #38
Yelomachine

Yelomachine's Gamercard
For the markarth house you need to finish two quests the jarl gives you.

I cannot remember the quest names but i am pretty sure they are both miscellaneous quests.
Yelomachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:52 AM   #39
Rasjr12

Send a message via AIM to Rasjr12

rasjr12's Gamercard
He wont give me any quests though he says talk to his Steward.

Rasjr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #40
lordrex217

lordrex172's Gamercard
I found this great site for alchemy. It tells you all the ingredients for each potion.

http://skafian.com/skyrim/index.php

lordrex217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:35 PM   #41
Yelomachine

Yelomachine's Gamercard
For the markarth house, the 2 quests he gave me before i could get the option to buy the house was to kill a bandit leader, then a fetch and retrieve quest very close to where i killed the bandit.

I did a google search to see if i could dig up more for ya since i cant remember myself. Seems like some people arent getting it due to choices made in previous quests or it is simply glitched. Hopefully this isnt the case.

If your miscellaneous quests have items in there involving killing bandit leaders, i would do all those. Maybe he gave you the quest already and you didnt notice?
Yelomachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:59 PM   #42
slyweasel2

slyweasel1's Gamercard
carry stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpwnr99 View Post
Anyone know if any companions are ok with stealing? For awhile I have been using Faendal from Riverwood as my companion but when I break in somewhere and steal shit and then try to get him to carry stuff cause I have to much, as long as I'm trespassing he says "you're not supposed to be in here." and I can't reply. Are there any companions that let me talk to them while trespassing?

EDIT: I figure a dog companion wouldn't mind, can i have my dog carry stuff for me?
I have a companion too and am severely overburdened. How do I makeup him carry stuff?
Old 11-16-2011, 09:05 PM   #43
FangtasticBite

FangtasticBite's Gamercard
I have a question about enchanting. Can I only enchant certain items with certain enchants? I have learnt the enchant by disenchanting and i have lots of soul gems of different sizes some full and some empty. but when I try to enchant my circlet the enchant for carrying more is dulled out and I cant select it. or maybe its because a circlet isnt armour?
Old 11-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #44
slikkzilla

slikkzilla's Gamercard
Just another great game in TES series...and it's awesome!

I loved Oblivion. But it somehow took away from the open-ness of Morrowind. These damn Elder Scroll games. (Sorry Bethesda) Probably 1000+ hours into TES games and I can't help but love what they do for us. Anyway...there are things I miss about Oblivion. I think 2Ks influence had alot to do with Oblivion. But I'm happy to have that old ES feeling back I'm getting from Skyrim also. Half my life was spent on Oblivion. The other 3/4rs (buy a calculator...call a mathmatician...check!) was spent on Morrowind. I love Skyrim so far. Thanks Bethesda for keeping us on our toes and at the edge of our seats.

Last edited by slikkzilla; 11-16-2011 at 09:25 PM.
slikkzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:24 PM   #45
slikkzilla

slikkzilla's Gamercard
Agree???

I think Oblivion gave non-TES players a chance to experience TES universe. I thought Oblivion was great. I loved it. When the Orc in the Dark Brotherhood told us of the birthday party he ruined, it was instantly one of my favorite ES moments. I'm just glad theres a company out there that cares about the players. You can tell they are 100% gamers themselves. It seems that most companies are putting out games (for the most part) to get a paycheck. Well, TES cost the same as any other game and lets us have and experience so much more. Thats not to say that games like Halo (which I f'n love) don't let us do the same. It just seems that there are alot of games coming out that are just the same-ol, same-ol. Bethesda, Bungie, BioWare (and a couple more I know I'm missing) thanks for giving us moments, and not just games.
slikkzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:39 PM   #46
ninjachicken

Stabystab's Gamercard
Can you be a vampire and a warewolf at the same time?
ninjachicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:59 PM   #47
dragonpwnr99

DragonPwnr99's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjachicken View Post
Can you be a vampire and a warewolf at the same time?
No, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyweasel2 View Post
I have a companion too and am severely overburdened. How do I makeup him carry stuff?
Go to them and talk to them. Scroll down and one option should be to trade som items, or something along those lines.

If you're having my problem and he won't trade with you while trespassing iI still have yet to find a solution.
70,000 on 3-8-14
Old 11-16-2011, 10:58 PM   #48
DEG23
Второй акт

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I'm dying and i don't know what to do?

I was attacked by a frost wolf (think that's what they are called) and i contracted rockjoint. According to the main stats page i have contracted 1 disease. So i drank a cure disease potion i created thinking it was all solved.

However, roughly every 30 minutes real time i lose 5 stamina. I was walking through Whiterun and out of now where i can't run anymore because i am carrying too much weight. I even went to the temple in Whiterun and activated the shrine and it said all diseases cured, however my stamina isn't going back up and everytime i pass an NPC they say something like "you don't look so well". I had 240 carrying capacity now it's down to 215 and i'm constantly having to drop stuff.

Is there anywhere i can check if i still have a disease, has anyone else encountered this?
Old 11-16-2011, 11:09 PM   #49
bok249

bok249's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FangtasticBite View Post
I have a question about enchanting. Can I only enchant certain items with certain enchants? I have learnt the enchant by disenchanting and i have lots of soul gems of different sizes some full and some empty. but when I try to enchant my circlet the enchant for carrying more is dulled out and I cant select it. or maybe its because a circlet isnt armour?
certain items will only take certain enchantments. in the case of that particular enchantment, you can only put it on boots if i remember correctly.
bok249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:05 AM   #50
Efase

Efase's Gamercard
Guys, i don't have the game yet but i'm really looking forward to playing an archer, hunter, ranger whatever you wanna call it. But the problem is, i have next to none experience in elder scrolls games. Anyone wanna help me out?

PS: I tried searching for a guide and couldn't find any.

Thanks a lot to Gackt

The blog where I write Please drop by
Efase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:51 AM   #51
BluWolve
Subscribing Member

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efase View Post
Guys, i don't have the game yet but i'm really looking forward to playing an archer, hunter, ranger whatever you wanna call it. But the problem is, i have next to none experience in elder scrolls games. Anyone wanna help me out?

PS: I tried searching for a guide and couldn't find any.
Reading the first few posts in this thread should give you some good advice. I know there isn't too much info posted yet but i will be adding more and if you have any questions they will get answered here. There are also a couple of handy links provided in those first couple of posts, including links to the two main wiki's that are being updated daily with info. The reason there is no real "guide" anywhere is because there is no real way to specifically play this game. You make your own experience. Skyrim is not a game, it is a world.

Quote:
Old 11-17-2011, 08:38 AM   #52
XxBlueSpade2xX

exoroughneck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Can someone tell my if I can go back into third person while "being" (for lack of a better term) a werewolf?

This is driving me shit-house crazy

EDIT: Not just while in "Beast Mode", but when you're walking around in human form

Last edited by XxBlueSpade2xX; 11-17-2011 at 09:23 AM.
XxBlueSpade2xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #53
TheOneJat

TheOneJat's Gamercard
Ok so can anybody confirm if human companions can die or not and if so HOW.

Also, I bought Vigilance the war-dog for 500 coins, about 400 yards down the road he gets a couple of arrows in him by some Forsworn and down he goes, fucking dead! Is there any non-human companions that are a big stronger?
TheOneJat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #54
WaltXXX

Send a message via MSN to WaltXXX Send a message via Skype™ to WaltXXX

WaltXXX's Gamercard
Where can I see how much time I've spent in the game? Can't find it in statistics.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:23 AM   #55
TheOneJat

TheOneJat's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltXXX View Post
Where can I see how much time I've spent in the game? Can't find it in statistics.

I normally go on my game save time.
TheOneJat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:26 PM   #56
x SL4YER x

x SL4YER x's Gamercard
HELP!! does anyone know where to find a flawless ruby . I need it for the only cure quest . THANKS
x SL4YER x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #57
jlm699

Send a message via AIM to jlm699

JDQuackers's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by x SL4YER x View Post
HELP!! does anyone know where to find a flawless ruby . I need it for the only cure quest . THANKS
I don't know any particular flawless ruby locations, but if you ore mineral veins you will randomly receive various gems of various qualities. I'd try that
jlm699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:40 PM   #58
SteamboatWi11y

Send a message via MSN to SteamboatWi11y

Steamboat Wi11y's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 1
Figured this would be best the place to post these.
Can you find a spell or create an enchanted Item that damages a skill of your own?
Previous installments you could use this to train a skill beyond the 100 cap.

Is there a enchant for invisibility on armor at all this time around?

Special Thanks to MabusScarab for the Signature
SteamboatWi11y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:48 AM   #59
BluWolve
Subscribing Member

BluWolve's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamboatWi11y View Post
Figured this would be best the place to post these.
Can you find a spell or create an enchanted Item that damages a skill of your own?
Previous installments you could use this to train a skill beyond the 100 cap.

Is there a enchant for invisibility on armor at all this time around?
As for damaging a skill of your own, so far I can't find anything except for potions.

As for invisibility enchanments, again I can not find anything. However, there is an enchantment called "muffle" that helps you move more quietly. Sorry but that may be as good as it gets.

That is only as far as I know of course, anyone can feel free to prove me wrong!

Quote:
Old 11-18-2011, 02:42 AM   #60
EXM9000

EXM9000's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneJat View Post
Ok so can anybody confirm if human companions can die or not and if so HOW.

Also, I bought Vigilance the war-dog for 500 coins, about 400 yards down the road he gets a couple of arrows in him by some Forsworn and down he goes, fucking dead! Is there any non-human companions that are a big stronger?
My travel companion died once as a result of friendly fire. She went down with one of my arrows in her back. I confirmed she was in fact dead by looting her body... then reloaded from the last autosave and went on. But whenever she's gone down due to battle damage from enemies, she's gotten back up again just a few seconds later.

Last edited by EXM9000; 11-18-2011 at 03:14 AM.
EXM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote