PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-18-2011, 03:06 AM   #61
BluWolve
Subscribing Member

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXM9000 View Post
My travel companion died once as a result of friendly fire. She went down with one of my arrows in her back. But whenever she's gone down due to battle damage, she's gotten back up again just a few seconds later.
A companion will go down before losing all of their health, and enemies will generally leave them alone once that happens. Once they gain enough heallth back they will get up and enemies will attack them again. You may have noticed some enemies you fight will fall to the ground and beg for mercy sometimes, but if you leave them they will soon get back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
I am trained in gorilla warfare
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:01 AM   #62
XxBlueSpade2xX

exoroughneck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneJat View Post
Ok so can anybody confirm if human companions can die or not and if so HOW.
I've had 4 human companions die on me. Gave them armor, better weapons, etc. They still die. Especially against dragons. They don't move enough. I don't know if it's because I don't give them orders, or they are just built weak. But, I haven't had one live more than 6-7 dungeons worth (of time... ballpark).
Old 11-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #63
WaltXXX

Send a message via MSN to WaltXXX Send a message via Skype™ to WaltXXX

WaltXXX's Gamercard
Is there some kind of "arena" where u can fight for cash and earn higher ranks like in Oblivion?
Old 11-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #64
BluWolve
Subscribing Member

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltXXX View Post
Is there some kind of "arena" where u can fight for cash and earn higher ranks like in Oblivion?
As far as I am aware there is no arena in skyrim, sorry mate. Also sorry, to anyone that may care, I have not been updating my threads much lately, I have been flat out with other stuff.

Quote:
Old 11-19-2011, 01:46 PM   #65
TheOneJat

TheOneJat's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWolve View Post
As far as I am aware there is no arena in skyrim, sorry mate. Also sorry, to anyone that may care, I have not been updating my threads much lately, I have been flat out with other stuff.

Other things rather than Skyrim? That just ain't acceptable!

Does anybody know who to take the Unusual Gem to? And where they are located please?
TheOneJat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:27 PM   #66
BluWolve
Subscribing Member

BluWolve's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneJat View Post
Other things rather than Skyrim? That just ain't acceptable!

Does anybody know who to take the Unusual Gem to? And where they are located please?
Haha, yeah, kids and pregnant mrs = not enough time for skyrim. Although I have already clocked up over 40 hours just playing at night time so I guess I can't complain. Anyway in regards to your question;

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

That should help you along without giving away too much of the quest

Quote:
Old 11-19-2011, 11:56 PM   #67
Dusty2010

Epic noob question

How do I get to Invarstead? I've travelled around to Hilgurd's tomb but can't find a way to further cross to the town.
Dusty2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:49 AM   #68
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBlueSpade2xX View Post
I've had 4 human companions die on me. Gave them armor, better weapons, etc. They still die. Especially against dragons. They don't move enough. I don't know if it's because I don't give them orders, or they are just built weak. But, I haven't had one live more than 6-7 dungeons worth (of time... ballpark).
From my gameplay, if you take certian quest givers out with you they can only go down but not die. I fought a crazy priest thing in front of a word wall at a very low level (wayyyyy before I should have) and someone from the companions guild was along for the ride. He kept going down but never died. Now this may (and probably was) because I was actively doing a quest with him while I ran across this enemy, but it is worth a shot at least. If anything, he got back up every few seconds giving me a much needed break from getting attacked.

And here is my question: Any way to get back unique pieces of guild specific armor? I was going through my inventory house cleaning, and I dumped my Dark Brotherhood body and I have no clue where, by the time I realized I didnt have it anymore I was hours later into my game. Besides stealing it off someone from the guild, or killing them for it, any way to craft these from guild specific forges or something? Or a certian person resell it to me? Ive checked all options as far as I can tell. I know the DBH body isnt really that good, but I like going for the look when I am doing the quests and im a little sad face besides, I have the Solitude house and I wanted to display it too.

EDIT: I got my answer, in this situation, yes I was able to get it back, but in most cases on non-pc versions I'll assume it is NO. So I will be much more careful this time. I wish you could TAG gear that would ask you twice if you want to drop it, or tag it so it cannot be dropped at all until you untag it. Like I said, I usually pay attention, but most games have this for rare/unique armor/weapons I guess I'm just used to the game making sure I'm paying attention.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)

Last edited by Midnight Malice; 11-20-2011 at 06:18 AM.
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:59 PM   #69
BluWolve
Subscribing Member

BluWolve's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty2010 View Post
Epic noob question

How do I get to Invarstead? I've travelled around to Hilgurd's tomb but can't find a way to further cross to the town.
Sorry mate I don't know what else to tell you except head South and hug the mountain when you can. I never even went that close to Hilgurds tomb if memory serves me correctly. I actually took two different routes getting there and back, one was through a mountain pass and the other was over a big tree that had fallen across a waterfall. If you just follow the road and signs you should be able to find your way there. Also, constantly check your map to be sure you are headed in the right direction.

Quote:
Old 11-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #70
H0LLATIP

Can you enchant any clothing in the game? Or can you only enchant specific types of clothing, or no clothing at all, just weapons?

Specifically, I've grown fond of the standard blue mages robe I found and id like to make it more than just a robe.

Last edited by H0LLATIP; 11-21-2011 at 09:15 PM.
H0LLATIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #71
BluWolve
Subscribing Member

BluWolve's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0LLATIP View Post
Can you enchant any clothing in the game? Or can you only enchant specific types of clothing, or no clothing at all, just weapons?

Specifically, I've grown fond of the standard blue mages robe I found and id like to make it more than just a robe.
Absolutely. You can enchant every piece of clothing, You just have to remember that certain gear can only have certain enchantments. For example, the enchantment "Muffle" can only be used on footwear.

Quote:
Old 11-22-2011, 03:37 PM   #72
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Right, early on in my game, about 80 hrs now, I looted Finn's Lute. I can't drop it or store it. But can I find anyone called Finn? Nope. It does only weigh 4, but it will be useful if I can get rid of it sometime soon, dues to the huge amount of gear I manage to "acquire" on my travels. So can anyone help?

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:11 PM   #73
BluWolve
Subscribing Member

BluWolve's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
Right, early on in my game, about 80 hrs now, I looted Finn's Lute. I can't drop it or store it. But can I find anyone called Finn? Nope. It does only weigh 4, but it will be useful if I can get rid of it sometime soon, dues to the huge amount of gear I manage to "acquire" on my travels. So can anyone help?
Try talking to Inge six fingers at the Bard's college in Solitude. She seems to be sad about something....

Quote:
Old 11-22-2011, 08:58 PM   #74
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Try talking to Inge six fingers at the Bard's college in Solitude. She seems to be sad about something....
Cheers dude. Wish I had read this post before coming off Skyrim for the night. Will try this out tomorrow.

On another note. And this is for everyone. Brelyna Maryon at the Mage College will ask you to be a guinea pig for her spells if you talk to her. Don't! Your screen goes green and is annoying.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:30 AM   #75
UR ShiZZle

UR ShiZZle's Gamercard
Quote:
Haha, yeah, kids and pregnant mrs = not enough time for skyrim. Although I have already clocked up over 40 hours just playing at night time so I guess I can't complain. Anyway in regards to your question;

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

That should help you along without giving away too much of the quest
Hehe same for me, daughter of 14 weeks and I can only play at night...
UR ShiZZle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:55 PM   #76
WornWarDawg

Question, Is it possible to upgrade the brotherhood armor, whether it be ancient, worn, etc. to legendary? If so what perk do I need to do so, and what is the armor classified as?
WornWarDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:24 PM   #77
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
On another note. And this is for everyone. Brelyna Maryon at the Mage College will ask you to be a guinea pig for her spells if you talk to her. Don't! Your screen goes green and is annoying.
It is temporary, and is part of her "mini-sidequest" just fast travel somewhere and it will go away. I went to Whiterun right after that and cleared as soon as I loaded into town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WornWarDawg View Post
Question, Is it possible to upgrade the brotherhood armor, whether it be ancient, worn, etc. to legendary? If so what perk do I need to do so, and what is the armor classified as?
You can upgrade it from a normal workbench, I'm pretty sure as long as you have the appropriate perk, you can get anything to legendary that can be upgraded. And it uses leather to upgrade, so I'd assume as long as you have 100 smithing, perk doesnt matter. But since there is no perk that allows you to upgrade it "twice as much" maybe it can only get to epic. I haven't tested it, but maybe someone else has a difinitive answer for you.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)

Last edited by Midnight Malice; 11-23-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:48 PM   #78
WornWarDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Malice View Post
You can upgrade it from a normal workbench, I'm pretty sure as long as you have the appropriate perk, you can get anything to legendary that can be upgraded. And it uses leather to upgrade, so I'd assume as long as you have 100 smithing, perk doesnt matter. But since there is no perk that allows you to upgrade it "twice as much" maybe it can only get to epic. I haven't tested it, but maybe someone else has a difinitive answer for you.
Well i'm at 100 smithing, and i have all the perks except for the glass one. It seems like the brotherhood armor is studded which makes it impossible to upgrade past flawless. Can someone confirm for me?
Old 11-25-2011, 07:20 PM   #79
shootmeup

TorqueOTheDevil's Gamercard
HELP!!! ive been tasked to get a copy of a book ' hanging gardens' im stuck in a cave with a waterfall above me which i think i need to climb. but how? any ideas? im in stoney creek cave

shootmeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:16 PM   #80
BluWolve
Subscribing Member

BluWolve's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootmeup View Post
HELP!!! ive been tasked to get a copy of a book ' hanging gardens' im stuck in a cave with a waterfall above me which i think i need to climb. but how? any ideas? im in stoney creek cave
To get up the waterfall in stoney creek cave you need to use the Dragon Shout 'Whirlwind Sprint'. It may take some patience but it is possible. I am not sure if there is a copy of "Hanging Gardens" up there, but I am pretty sure there is a copy in Largashbur somewhere. There are only two copies of this book in the game.

Quote:

Last edited by BluWolve; 11-25-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:02 AM   #81
shootmeup

TorqueOTheDevil's Gamercard
thanks for the reply bluwolve. i couldnt get it to work so after a bit more digging found out their is a dungeon just north called Kagranzel. and if you enter there and follow it all the way down you end up above the waterfall and the book is their in a chest close by.

shootmeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:00 AM   #82
WornWarDawg

Does anyone know what the different dark brotherhood armors are? I'm not sure if I'm missing any. Also, can you get cicero's armor without killing him? I would like him as a follower but his armor is also useful. Thanks
Old 11-27-2011, 07:29 PM   #83
pbrianmccain

purdueme91's Gamercard
Quote:
A companion will go down before losing all of their health, and enemies will generally leave them alone once that happens. Once they gain enough heallth back they will get up and enemies will attack them again. You may have noticed some enemies you fight will fall to the ground and beg for mercy sometimes, but if you leave them they will soon get back up.
Unfortunately, if they get hit when they're down, they'll die. I've lost 2 companions already. Are there any companions that can't die or at least don't fall over dead with a paper cut?
pbrianmccain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:11 AM   #84
MikeHondembroke

MikeHondembroke's Gamercard
Did a quick search and couldn't find an answer to this, so hopefully someone here can help me out. Do I need to play any of the prior Elder Scrolls games to "get" Skyrim? Will the game stand well enough on its own that I don't need to rely on prior games for background? I've heard great things about Skyrim, but I'd rather not have to go back and play all the other games, as I've heard they're a bit time consuming.

Need help boosting on: GTA IV (Mostly all the Online Races + 20 Pistol Kills), Halo 3 (Most Online achievements + Legendary play through), Project 8 (100 Online Games), MW2 (Co-op)
MikeHondembroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:16 AM   #85
BluWolve
Subscribing Member

BluWolve's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHondembroke View Post
Did a quick search and couldn't find an answer to this, so hopefully someone here can help me out. Do I need to play any of the prior Elder Scrolls games to "get" Skyrim? Will the game stand well enough on its own that I don't need to rely on prior games for background? I've heard great things about Skyrim, but I'd rather not have to go back and play all the other games, as I've heard they're a bit time consuming.
You don't have to play any previous games to "get" Skyrim, it is a story that stands out all by itself. There are things that people will recognise from previous games, but all in all it is not a must to go back and play them all. If you really did want to get sucked into the lore of the elder scrolls I would suggest playing the previous games first, but as you said, they can be time consuming.

Quote:
Old 11-28-2011, 12:19 AM   #86
MikeHondembroke

MikeHondembroke's Gamercard
Awesome, that's what i was hoping for. I may play Oblivion first, but probably won't venture any further back. Thanks for the help!

Need help boosting on: GTA IV (Mostly all the Online Races + 20 Pistol Kills), Halo 3 (Most Online achievements + Legendary play through), Project 8 (100 Online Games), MW2 (Co-op)
MikeHondembroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:13 PM   #87
H0LLATIP

My Civil War quest line has glitched up, either way I go.

My first time I joined in Imperal Army & made it to the quest "Battle for Whiterun." When I attempt to talk to the girl for the quest, my options are why she fights for the Imperals, and what will end the war. I waited, fast traveled, done other quest - still stuck at this chick in Whiterun.

I reloaded an earlier save & joined the Stormcloaks. I made it all the way to "The Battle for Hraggstad/Snowhawk (can't remember which one, but I did unlock the 2nd civil war cheevo while playing as a Stormcloak) and still the same thing, same options when I talk to the guy for the quest.

My question is will this be fixed during the 12/1 update? Or is my game just fucked, and I need to start a new one?
Old 11-28-2011, 09:06 PM   #88
TombRaiser

TombRaiser's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
When do dead bodies disappear?

How long does it take for a dead body to disappear from the place they died? Alvor tried to be a hero and take on an Elder Dragon alongside me. He died, and I'd like his body to be gone. It's in the middle of town and he died in a weird position too, haha ...it's sad though, seeing his family pass by and comment on it. It's been about a month already in Skyrim time since he died.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:03 PM   #89
BluWolve
Subscribing Member

BluWolve's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0LLATIP View Post
My Civil War quest line has glitched up, either way I go.

My first time I joined in Imperal Army & made it to the quest "Battle for Whiterun." When I attempt to talk to the girl for the quest, my options are why she fights for the Imperals, and what will end the war. I waited, fast traveled, done other quest - still stuck at this chick in Whiterun.

I reloaded an earlier save & joined the Stormcloaks. I made it all the way to "The Battle for Hraggstad/Snowhawk (can't remember which one, but I did unlock the 2nd civil war cheevo while playing as a Stormcloak) and still the same thing, same options when I talk to the guy for the quest.

My question is will this be fixed during the 12/1 update? Or is my game just fucked, and I need to start a new one?
I haven't actually done the civil war questline yet so I probably won't be much help. I am pretty sure no quest glitches were fixed with the new paatch, but before starting a new game I would try everything else possible first. Maybe go and do a different quest, come back and see if you can progress? Other things like that I guess. You said you already tried waiting and Fast travelling so those options are gone. Sorry like I said I haven't done this questline yet and I don't really want to go looking it up in the guide or elsewhere because I don't want to stumble into spoilers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiser View Post
How long does it take for a dead body to disappear from the place they died? Alvor tried to be a hero and take on an Elder Dragon alongside me. He died, and I'd like his body to be gone. It's in the middle of town and he died in a weird position too, haha ...it's sad though, seeing his family pass by and comment on it. It's been about a month already in Skyrim time since he died.
As far as I know, dead bodies won't disappear. I have had a couple of bodies disappear in the wild, but have others that have been there the whole time I have been playing. Not sure if the ones that did disappear actually disappeared or just were moved when I reloaded the area (slight glitch most noticeable with dragon bones).

If you really want to get rid of the body, try moving it by holding to grab it then move it where you want. In an alleyway, down a well or the best bet would be in a flowing river (if there is one nearby) as most likely the river will carry the body away. It can be a bit tricky to move the bodies this way but it is possible.

Quote:

Last edited by BluWolve; 11-28-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:00 AM   #90
TombRaiser

TombRaiser's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
I haven't actually done the civil war questline yet so I probably won't be much help. I am pretty sure no quest glitches were fixed with the new paatch, but before starting a new game I would try everything else possible first. Maybe go and do a different quest, come back and see if you can progress? Other things like that I guess. You said you already tried waiting and Fast travelling so those options are gone. Sorry like I said I haven't done this questline yet and I don't really want to go looking it up in the guide or elsewhere because I don't want to stumble into spoilers.
As far as I know, dead bodies won't disappear. I have had a couple of bodies disappear in the wild, but have others that have been there the whole time I have been playing. Not sure if the ones that did disappear actually disappeared or just were moved when I reloaded the area (slight glitch most noticeable with dragon bones).

If you really want to get rid of the body, try moving it by holding to grab it then move it where you want. In an alleyway, down a well or the best bet would be in a flowing river (if there is one nearby) as most likely the river will carry the body away. It can be a bit tricky to move the bodies this way but it is possible.
Thanks! I had no idea you could move bodies. I moved his corpse in the bushes...and, if someone notices him, then I'll try to put him in the river.