PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-17-2011, 05:35 AM   #121
grown lil man

Send a message via AIM to grown lil man Send a message via Skype™ to grown lil man

grown lil man's Gamercard
I need help in The Black Star. I spoke to Nelacar first not knowing I had to talk to the Barkeep. Now all it says is speak to Nelacar but he'll just tell me the same thing. Is there a solution to this?
Old 12-17-2011, 06:24 AM   #122
TombRaiser

TombRaiser's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grown lil man View Post
I need help in The Black Star. I spoke to Nelacar first not knowing I had to talk to the Barkeep. Now all it says is speak to Nelacar but he'll just tell me the same thing. Is there a solution to this?
Maybe there is a specific time when you can speak to him about it. Wait a few hours and try approaching him again?
Old 12-17-2011, 11:03 AM   #123
pineapplejunkey

Pineapplejunkey's Gamercard
Wow this is a great amount of effort you have pout into this. Thanks!
pineapplejunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:42 AM   #124
shockerizgod

Send a message via AIM to shockerizgod Send a message via MSN to shockerizgod Send a message via Skype™ to shockerizgod

EnVy Trilogy's Gamercard
does anyone know how to check how many hours you have put into the game??

GT envy trilogy
Twitter & Instagram ChrisTrilogy
http://www.twitch.tv/christrilogy
shockerizgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:13 AM   #125
FangtasticBite

FangtasticBite's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockerizgod View Post
does anyone know how to check how many hours you have put into the game??
When you load it tells you how many hours have been played on that save. If you have more than one character I dont think you can find a total however unless you just add them up.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:55 AM   #126
shockerizgod

Send a message via AIM to shockerizgod Send a message via MSN to shockerizgod Send a message via Skype™ to shockerizgod

EnVy Trilogy's Gamercard
hmm i didnt see it last time.

GT envy trilogy
Twitter & Instagram ChrisTrilogy
http://www.twitch.tv/christrilogy
shockerizgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #127
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Who teaches Enchantment spells? I'm at the College but cant find anyone?

EDIT - Please ignore/delete, I eventually found the right page in the guide. Thanks

Last edited by Matt36; 12-20-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Matt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:41 AM   #128
dragonpwnr99

DragonPwnr99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Will the things that are originally in the house respawn after a while? I just got Markarth house and like it a lot. i'd like to remove everything and decprate it with my cool unique shit but it would be a pain to spend time decorating for the fruit and dishes to respawn and ruin it.
Achievements-86% Points-84%
70,000 on 3-8-14
dragonpwnr99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:12 PM   #129
BluWolve
Subscribing Member

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpwnr99 View Post
Will the things that are originally in the house respawn after a while? I just got Markarth house and like it a lot. i'd like to remove everything and decprate it with my cool unique shit but it would be a pain to spend time decorating for the fruit and dishes to respawn and ruin it.
It is not supposed to respawn but for me personally the houses are glitchy, I can't use weapon racks at all and whenever I leave a house and come back in everything I placed ends up on the floor, so I don't bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
I am trained in gorilla warfare
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:56 PM   #130
dragonpwnr99

DragonPwnr99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWolve View Post
It is not supposed to respawn but for me personally the houses are glitchy, I can't use weapon racks at all and whenever I leave a house and come back in everything I placed ends up on the floor, so I don't bother.
that's odd, I've heard about racks being glitchy but the all work for me in breezehome luckily, I haven't checked them in Markarth yet but I will.

EDIT: I found a fix for the item glitch, haven't tried it yet, but here

"The first thing you should do is drop the items from you want to place/decorate in your house. Then exit the house, and re-enter the house. Now you should be able to replace the items you just dropped, and it will be locked in place. But remember to always drop first, then exit house, then enter, then decorate."

EDIT 2: I can confirm that the above method DOES work for making placed objects stay in place. I used this for my 8 dragon claws and my Bee and Butterfly in a jar and they have stayed in place for a while now. I'm about to do it with my other 3 bugs in a jar.

I will say that for some reason my Emerald dragon Claw does fall of where it is and I think it was just the place i had it. I do suggest not kicking any items you drop, just dropping them, leaving and returning and it should work. I think I accidently kicked my emerald dragon claw and that may be why it is the only thing that has issues staying still.
Achievements-86% Points-84%
70,000 on 3-8-14

Last edited by dragonpwnr99; 12-25-2011 at 07:43 AM.
dragonpwnr99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:53 PM   #131
F Zer0 X

Dylan7250's Gamercard
I put a custom marker down on the map (blue marker) and i can't get rid of it.

Once you place one on the map does it stay there forever or am i missing something?

P.S. Great thread!!
F Zer0 X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:25 PM   #132
BluWolve
Subscribing Member

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F Zer0 X View Post
I put a custom marker down on the map (blue marker) and i can't get rid of it.

Once you place one on the map does it stay there forever or am i missing something?

P.S. Great thread!!
If you press somewhere else (an empty spot with no locations) on the map it will ask you if you want to place a new custom marker or remove your custom marker. Just make sure you don't press on a location you have been to or you will fast travel there, you have to press it on an empty spot.

Quote:
Old 12-26-2011, 10:15 PM   #133
F Zer0 X

Dylan7250's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWolve View Post
If you press somewhere else (an empty spot with no locations) on the map it will ask you if you want to place a new custom marker or remove your custom marker. Just make sure you don't press on a location you have been to or you will fast travel there, you have to press it on an empty spot.

Awesome, thanks Bluwolve the custom marker was really starting to annoy me!
F Zer0 X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:20 PM   #134
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
I wish I had seen this thread about a month ago. I had to learn most of what's here on my own. Great thread!!!

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #135
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

I'm still missing something something with Enchanting.

I have soul gems and the item I wish to enchant - but where do I get or how do i make an enchantment? =/

They in scrolls or do I buy them of a dealer? It sounds stupid but I'm being very serious!

Old 01-02-2012, 08:36 AM   #136
R4wD0g496

R4wD0g496's Gamercard
What time do people generally go to sleep? Or is it random? I've got vampirism and I'm trying to feed and people seem to be awake all hours of the night...
R4wD0g496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:02 PM   #137
BluWolve
Subscribing Member

BluWolve's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt36 View Post
I'm still missing something something with Enchanting.

I have soul gems and the item I wish to enchant - but where do I get or how do i make an enchantment? =/

They in scrolls or do I buy them of a dealer? It sounds stupid but I'm being very serious!

You need to "Disenchant" an item that already has an enchantment. That will let you learn the enchantment that on the item that you disenchanted, allowing you to enchant other items with it. Sorry if it sounds tricky, it is rather easy once you know what to do. Hope that explains it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4wD0g496 View Post
What time do people generally go to sleep? Or is it random? I've got vampirism and I'm trying to feed and people seem to be awake all hours of the night...
That all depends on the person to be honest. Some people go to sleep by midnight, or 3-4 am, others I have seen in the pub all night. I would suggest finding one person at the pub and following them around until they go to sleep to see when their bed time is.

Quote:
Old 01-03-2012, 02:55 AM   #138
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Yeah, I got there in the end It really is easy and I'm now enjoying customising my weapons!

Last edited by Matt36; 01-03-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Matt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #139
Alpha Kebab

Location: A small hellhole outside of another hellhole in the Southern of Sweden

Alpha Kebab's Gamercard
A couple of questions:

Can you actually do something with the Imperial/Stormcloak Camps? I've completed the Civil War as a Stormcloak and everyone keeps telling me that if I run into an Imperial Camp, I'll know what to do. I've tried killing everyone, but there's always an invicible legate.

Are there any unenchanted Hooded Black Robes? I'm currently trying to make my character to look like a Nazgūl but with little succes on the robe part.

Does the disappearing face glitch work on anything else than Archmages Robes?

Are there any wild Werewolves?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Alpha Kebab; 01-05-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Alpha Kebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #140
t3rm3y

t3rm3y's Gamercard
apologies if this has been answered, but why do my items show as value (x amount) and when i go to sell them they are worth far less, i.e. an enchanted sword worth 500 gold and sells for 56 gold or something silly, how am i supposed to make money like that??
t3rm3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #141
amywelshcastle

amywelshcastle's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3rm3y View Post
apologies if this has been answered, but why do my items show as value (x amount) and when i go to sell them they are worth far less, i.e. an enchanted sword worth 500 gold and sells for 56 gold or something silly, how am i supposed to make money like that??
Depends on your speech. x amount is what it is worth when you're level 100. It gradually goes up. You just have to keep selling everything you can get your hands on.

I think it can also depend on the shop, I find some offer a little more than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Kebab View Post
Are there any wild Werewolves?
No. They're only in the questline that includes them, and there's another rogue werewolf in another quest.

Last edited by amywelshcastle; 01-09-2012 at 07:14 PM.
amywelshcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:37 PM   #142
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I've heard that certain enchantments on armor can only go to 100 before you start going negative with the effect. Is there a guide that covers this? Is it the percentage values or the increase number values that can cause this? For example, if I wear a helm, ring and necklace that increases archery, each being at 47%, can I wear all of them or just two before going over 100? I'm not looking to do God Armor and any links to this info would be helpful.
Nitnoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:52 AM   #143
Graivul

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Just thought I would post here as opposed to creating a new thread, on the subject of stat modifiers,

I have the Master Destruction Robes giving 150% Magika regeneration, but I also have a ring giving an extra 20% and a helmet giving 80%, both to the regen stat.

My question is, do all of these stack together? Or are you limited to a cap or amount you can have on?

Thanks.

Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #144
oooo yeah

oooo yeah's Gamercard
As far as I know the only caps that exist are for fire/frost/shock resistance and also for magic resistance. I think it's 85% or something like that. And the armor cap which is between 565 and 700 depending on who you ask. Just try it out by only equipping the robe to start with and see how many seconds it takes to replenish. Then equip your other stuff also and see how many seconds.
oooo yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #145
HollyIzAwesome

hollyizawesome's Gamercard
Can not wait to start this game... just finishing off a few other achievments ;D weeew
HollyIzAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #146
S1D3WYZ

S1D3WYZ's Gamercard
I had heard cities eventually recover after completing Civil War quests. There are two houses in Whiterun that are boarded up/staked off. I believe one of my radiant targets used to live in one of those houses, and they no longer seem to be in game. Some other targets have died due to conflict or dragon attacks, but this struck me differently, as it seems to be house related. Will they ever fix these houses and the NPC's return?
S1D3WYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:16 AM   #147
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Really dumb question but I've literally searched the entire web and found no answer.

Is it okay to pick up the Annals of the Dragonguard book during the quest Alduin's Wall? It's marked as a quest item and I like to collect books, I just don't want it stuck in my inventory.

I've already been fucked over by the Amulet of Talos from Ruggvir or whatever in Solitude and I don't need any more stuck items. No thanks to Bethesda...

Last edited by Nevander; 02-04-2012 at 07:18 AM.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #148
oooo yeah

oooo yeah's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Really dumb question but I've literally searched the entire web and found no answer.

Is it okay to pick up the Annals of the Dragonguard book during the quest Alduin's Wall? It's marked as a quest item and I like to collect books, I just don't want it stuck in my inventory.

I've already been fucked over by the Amulet of Talos from Ruggvir or whatever in Solitude and I don't need any more stuck items. No thanks to Bethesda...
From my experience that book is droppable after the quest. I don't recall ever having it stuck, but there are many other things that did
oooo yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:12 AM   #149
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
This is a very dumb question, but how do you level up or improve your spells? Like in other words the Flames spell is marked as Novice, is there such thing as a Master level Flames spell? Or is that spell always a Novice spell and the amount of damage done and Magicka usage dependent on the character and perks chosen?
Old 02-12-2012, 06:28 AM   #150
VerifyedRasta

VerifyedRasta's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Or is that spell always a Novice spell and the amount of damage done and Magicka usage dependent on the character and perks chosen?
You answered your own question. It sucks that the novice abilities cannot be upgraded, but that's just how it is.
*Becomes Arch-Mage of Mage's college*
"You know..."
VerifyedRasta is offline   Reply With Quote