PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-14-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
lord verh

lord verh's Gamercard
Easy stationary emplacement ribbon

It might be patched soon, but it's not cheating, you do not affect other folks gameplay you just trick the stat tracking:

Stationary Emplacement Ribbon; easiest way without boosting.

Set the Server Browser to Grand Bazaar/ Conquest (all regions)

Now you must have mines unlocked, that's 7000 ENGINEER score wich isn't that hard to get.

Preferebly start at the northwest base, now get to the enemies main base in the southeast, once there run into the enemy base and the area timer will start, throw down all mines in sets of two and die. Now spawn at your own base and get in the stationary KORNET launcher as soon as possible, sit and wait. If you start at the southwest base just reverse.

Now if an enemy enters a vehicle on their base and drives just a little bit you will kill him with your mines, the kill will count for the KORNET launcher if you are in it, no matter where. That's the whole thing, make sure you place mines on a vital route, die, enter stationary weapon emplacement and just wait.

Also the explosive upgrade (lvl 11) let you carry 5 instead of 3 mines.
I found this exploit on ps3trophies.org but this strategy is my own. Comment if it's not clear, happy to help!
lord verh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:49 PM   #2
Hiryu

Send a message via ICQ to Hiryu
hmmm... sounds nice. But i want to do it the legit way.... just because im not a trickster so: where are other stationary weapons? Can anyone sum them up? Thx in advance

EDIT: I found the ribbon guide. It says that kornet launchers at teheran are the best way to get this ribbon. I just suck at kornet launchers ^^ is ther no heavy mg anywhere?

@Lord verth: Did not want to go off topic, just thought i could ask here instead of making a new thread for 1 question that is also refering to stationary weapons.

Last edited by Hiryu; 11-14-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Hiryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:09 PM   #3
lord verh

lord verh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiryu View Post
hmmm... sound nice, but i want to do it the legit way.... just because im not a trickster so: where are other stationary weapons? Can anyone sum them up? Thx in advance
Caspian Border has a lot of Kornet Launchers, have fun and stay on topic please.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:27 PM   #4
Lord of Rage

Lord of Rage's Gamercard
This is not legit, pal....

Lord of Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #5
D-star

AntenDeathStar's Gamercard
I remember I got jet points because some one ran over my AT mines while I was in the frogfoot.
D-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #6
green light ops

green light ops's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiryu View Post
hmmm... sounds nice. But i want to do it the legit way.... just because im not a trickster so: where are other stationary weapons? Can anyone sum them up? Thx in advance

EDIT: I found the ribbon guide. It says that kornet launchers at teheran are the best way to get this ribbon. I just suck at kornet launchers ^^ is ther no heavy mg anywhere?

@Lord verth: Did not want to go off topic, just thought i could ask here instead of making a new thread for 1 question that is also refering to stationary weapons.
DICE clearly stated that no emplaced MG nests are in any maps as the player can now deploy bipods on their weapons.

Also, I found Tehran Highway to be the easiet method of getting it. Just have at least one guy (as Recon) place a radio beacon near the right side of the highway leading out of the Russian base and simply stand in front of the launcher. Rinse and repeat as many times as needed.
green light ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:19 PM   #7
lord verh

lord verh's Gamercard
I thought that this method didn't affect online play at all, boosting with friends does so I for myself consider this more legit then boosting with a friend. It may not be legit but I don't see what's wrong with this.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:27 PM   #8
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I got my Stationary Emplacement Ribbons by shooting down jets and choppers on Kharg Island. Easy as pie. Just remember not to shoot until you see the whites of their eyes.

CGPsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:01 PM   #9
Taiyz

Taiyz's Gamercard
Here's a silly, but legitimate way of getting it. As an Attacker on Tehran Highway, facing the first base, point the right-most AT at M-COM A, and whenever it gets armed, hop on that thing and blast away at anybody trying to defuse it.

Alternatively you can use the same launcher to crumble buildings inside the base, as kills from Destruction 3.0 count towards whatever weapon you used to cause said destruction; I got a ribbon that way.

Taiyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:52 PM   #10
lord verh

lord verh's Gamercard
I just got it legit legit, by shooting an armor from behind, BOOM double kill. Still my way is a gameplay friendly way of getting it, just sharing, no hate.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:06 PM   #11
neubourn

neubourn's Gamercard
His way IS legit, you still have to place mines down, and you still have to hope an enemy tank runs over them. the only difference is how the game decides to award you the points for those kills, in this case, it awards them as launcher since your on the launcher i guess.

There also are AA guns such as the CIWS on Kharg Island, you can use that to shoot down choppers pretty easily with practice. Counts as stationary kills.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:23 PM   #12
SatNiteEduardo

satniteeduardo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Spam the kidney launcher on Tehran highway is do not wait to see an enemy just keep shooting
SatNiteEduardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:18 AM   #13
exsiben

exosiben's Gamercard
Kornet on Caspian Rush, second or third base defenders, the one that looks down the winding dirt path. Destroyed a humvee - 1 kill, tracked the fleeing passenger charging me - 2 kills. Silly team tried again with same results, 2 ribbons for me in one game. Guess a little luck was involved, had no luck trying tanks at the first Caspian base though.
exsiben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #14
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Just a thought, but could you set your Mortar up near a Stationary Emplacement, fire a round and then hop on to the emplacement? I've heard a lot of people saying how weak the Mortar is, but I managed 5 kills in rather short order last night on Seine Crossing. I used to get pissed about enemy mortars that I couldn't reach, but now I know that I can just plop down my own mortar and drop a mortar round on the enemy mortar.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #15
green light ops

green light ops's Gamercard
I think that's possible. Some dude was giving me and my friends a hard time on Seine Crossing with mortars inside the Russian base, so I simply just set up a mortar on the street where the Russians cross to cap C, fired one round and took him out post-haste. Never saw him popping 60 mike mikes for the rest of the match.
green light ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #16
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by green light ops View Post
I think that's possible. Some dude was giving me and my friends a hard time on Seine Crossing with mortars inside the Russian base, so I simply just set up a mortar on the street where the Russians cross to cap C, fired one round and took him out post-haste. Never saw him popping 60 mike mikes for the rest of the match.
I have committed suicide quite a few times by running into the enemy spawn to kill a mortar user, and now that I have my own mortar, those suicides are a thing of the past.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:52 PM   #17
O918

O918's Gamercard
ive noticed this same "glitch" in a different way, Ive layed mines down and while i was driving in a tank someone died from the mines, and the kills registered as tank kills, somewhat annoying that i get credited for killing someone with a different weapon than i wanted, but i might have to do this, since the stationary rockets 1. are in terrible locations, and 2. are weak as hell. i will never use a stationary weapon again once i get that damn ribbon (except for sitting in the stationary AA gun for another 45 min for the medal haha)
O918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:43 AM   #18
SatNiteEduardo

Yeah you could drop your AT mines and try and stay on stationary weapon as long as possible.

Although I still say Tehran Highway conquest. A mate got it from the Russian spawn last night and I got it ages ago from the US spawn. Just have a friend with a MAV or t-UGS or something to help spot nearby enemies but always spam shooting it don't wait until you see someone.

Another option if you are on the Russian team is put your AT mines under the humvee at the first flag then go back to the stationary weapon because enemies always jump in the humvee and if you got your AT mines right they die instantly.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:05 PM   #19
PrinceofDeath86

Send a message via Yahoo to PrinceofDeath86

PrinceofDeath01's Gamercard
You know that the AA Guns, Kharg Island, Firestorm, Caspian Border also count as Stationary Weapons, these are only in Conquest. Helli's make easy targets for these!!
Old 11-17-2011, 11:22 PM   #20
SatNiteEduardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceofDeath86 View Post
You know that the AA Guns, Kharg Island, Firestorm, Caspian Border also count as Stationary Weapons, these are only in Conquest. Helli's make easy targets for these!!
I thought the AA gun on the aircraft carrier on Kharg Island Rush would have counted but I got a few kills with it and it did not count.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:35 AM   #21
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceofDeath86 View Post
That's odd. I've used the AA guns on Kharg and Firestorm in CQ, and got ribbons that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:03 AM   #22
Zymesh

Zymesh's Gamercard
use the AA guns and kill a chopper with a gunner, pretty easy.

those AT mines glitched on me as well on the first week of playing MP while i was flying a plane. It got me my flares LOL! and after that pretty much jets are easy to fly now since i have flares.

Battlefield 3 Stats
Zymesh is offline   Reply With Quote