PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
The Jimmonator

The Jimmonator's Gamercard
How do I use Azura's star?

So i finished the black star quest and opted for azuras star, but im not really sure how it works. Anyone care to explain? do i need a certain weapon, do souls fill it? im confused.
The Jimmonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:28 PM   #2
GamingDude

Skuller 1O1's Gamercard
just use a weapon that's enchanted with a soul trap spell on it or use a soul trap spell and kill whatever you cast it on and it should say Soul Captured or something like that and then you can use azura's star to recharge your magical items
GamingDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
a blind beggar

a blind beggar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingDude View Post
just use a weapon that's enchanted with a soul trap spell on it or use a soul trap spell and kill whatever you cast it on and it should say Soul Captured or something like that and then you can use azura's star to recharge your magical items
This, it's basically a reusable soul gem. When you use it to recharge, just fill it again. It makes most other soul gems practically useless.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:40 PM   #4
The Jimmonator

The Jimmonator's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingDude View Post
thank you for the quick reply. i have multiple enchanted weapons but i don't know if i have any with a soul trap spell. are there particular weapons that have this or is it something that I do to the weapon?
sorry about the confusion, im usually good with elder scrolls!

edit: sorry, nevermind, realise i do have some weapons back at the house with the ability to do that. thank you both for clearing it up

Last edited by The Jimmonator; 11-14-2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: solved!
The Jimmonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:22 PM   #5
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You get weapons that do it and disenchanting one of those weapons will allow you to enchant other weapons with it with a longer timer on the soul trap.
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11
Killerchronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:44 PM   #6
Dcon6393

dcon6393's Gamercard
A little off topic, but if you ever decide to enchant a weapon with soul trap, make the enchantment only effective for 1 second. That gives you way more charges per magic meter. By way more I mean like 3 times as much as 2 seconds. I just thought that was a really cool trick to use
Old 11-15-2011, 04:56 AM   #7
Obi-Brown

fluke939's Gamercard
i think that when you trap a soul, it goes into the smallest gem that the soul will fit, (so a skeever soul will go into a lesser gem, not the star) so i think it works best on stronger enemies, not done much soul trapping so i don't know which enemies fit what size yet

Working On
Skyrim, Deus Ex, Dead Space, Enslaved, ME2, Hitman Abs, FA:NV, Borderlands
Obi-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:40 AM   #8
Tom Pladgett

Brutopian's Gamercard
Not completely certain about this, but I seem to recall that in Oblivion, if Azura's Star was empty, it was always the first soul gem to be filled, petty soul or grand. I would imagine the same would be true here?
Tom Pladgett is offline   Reply With Quote