PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
BIGbivvie
 
BIGbivvie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,425

Phil Bardsley's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Official Bitching Thread

In order to reduce forum clutter with individual 'bitching' threads, please post in this thread instead.
__________________



He turns to me, and he says, "Why so serious?".
Comes at me with the knife, "Why so serious?!".
Sticks the blade in my mouth, "Let's put a smile on that face."
Aaaand, why so serious?

BIGbivvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:53 PM   #2
BlackDragon
 
BlackDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,357

BlakeTheDrake's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
All right, then I guess I'll open the party: This game has the FASTEST fun-to-frustration time I've ever seen. I started up the game, had fun for all of 10 minutes, and now I'm stuck on a frustrating, unbeatable, unskippable chariot-race sequence. Running over rocks decreases your health. The entire left side of the track is covered in rocks. I'm on the left side of the track. I'm not going to say that it's IMPOSSIBLE, but it'll take nothing less than a completely random glitch to get through this alive. And in the meantime, I'm dying, and dying, and dying AGAIN, and then dying SOME MORE, and most definitely NOT having fun.

Seriously, did they do ANY playtesting on this POS at all? Did it NEVER occur to them that putting a mandatory frustrate-a-minute sequence right at the start of the game might be a BAD IDEA? Heck, it'd be a downright terrible idea to put this in ANYWHERE, but if it was later, I'd at least have some sort of investment in the game. Instead, I'm seriously considering expelling the game from my machine and going back to playing Forza 4 instead.
__________________

77777 reached - 17/11-2011
Next goal: 99999!
BlackDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
Predni
 
Predni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 769

rasterloda's Gamercard
The Desmond Sequence are a horrible Joke
Predni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
KoA CHOS3NxONE
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 70

KoA CHOS3NxONE's Gamercard
Um, you can't join a multi-player game as a group. Joining as a party in Brotherhood was frustrating as hell, in Revelations it's simply impossible.
KoA CHOS3NxONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:32 PM   #5
The Duke of Darkness
 
The Duke of Darkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 1,825

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Playing mutiplayer and dying repeatedly because the game doesn't tell you how to do shit and almost all the other player's had brotherhood so know what's what. And why did a cut scene pop up with some stupid old man talking shit then finish to reveal that the match has started and I'd just been killed.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:42 PM   #6
Phunky
 
Phunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
Playing mutiplayer and dying repeatedly because the game doesn't tell you how to do shit.
Same here, I don't think the tutorials really explained much. Like how come I see someone about to kill me, I press B when I see it and I never get a stun, I just punch them so they get less points but then they kill me anyway

I've got to level 15 just by playing it all day, it's sad to say I still don't really have a clue what's going on most of the time, I'm just happy that it's only 20 levels and the XP requirements are low enough to get there within a day.

Can't wait to be done with it though.
Phunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:45 PM   #7
NoMaD DiSTuRBeD
 
NoMaD DiSTuRBeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 448

the nomad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The only problem I have is that the new features (Bomb making, Den Defence) are a step back in gameplay. I don't like them at all.
__________________

NoMaD DiSTuRBeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:52 PM   #8
DoosMakhina
 
DoosMakhina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 313

DayusMakhina's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDragon View Post
All right, then I guess I'll open the party: This game has the FASTEST fun-to-frustration time I've ever seen. I started up the game, had fun for all of 10 minutes, and now I'm stuck on a frustrating, unbeatable, unskippable chariot-race sequence. Running over rocks decreases your health. The entire left side of the track is covered in rocks. I'm on the left side of the track. I'm not going to say that it's IMPOSSIBLE, but it'll take nothing less than a completely random glitch to get through this alive. And in the meantime, I'm dying, and dying, and dying AGAIN, and then dying SOME MORE, and most definitely NOT having fun.

Seriously, did they do ANY playtesting on this POS at all? Did it NEVER occur to them that putting a mandatory frustrate-a-minute sequence right at the start of the game might be a BAD IDEA? Heck, it'd be a downright terrible idea to put this in ANYWHERE, but if it was later, I'd at least have some sort of investment in the game. Instead, I'm seriously considering expelling the game from my machine and going back to playing Forza 4 instead.
You realise you can just go to the left of those rocks right? That way you aren't taking any damage from them.
DoosMakhina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:04 AM   #9
Archvile78
 
Archvile78's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 136

xRiBx Archvile's Gamercard
I'm okay with Desmond sequences so far. (only did the first one so its subject to change maybe)

but den defense is absolutely horrible. l:
Archvile78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:32 AM   #10
xTGMx INF3RNO
 
xTGMx INF3RNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bedfordshire, UK
Posts: 5,103

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
brilliant game. ezio and altairs story was brilliant! almost nothing of desmond the the ending is wtf!! wont spoil it. but what? however great scene when your inside the library
__________________


xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:17 AM   #11
sam0hT
 
sam0hT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 102

sam0hT's Gamercard
I'm trying to get 100% synch on my first playthrough. Not being able to load a checkpoint is driving me insane. I keep having to replay the whole Imperial North Den Attack mission from the start because I keep screwing up.

Edit: thanks to the game freezing on me and having to restart my Xbox, I found out that quitting and then reloading will reset the synch objective. So if you fail the 100% synch objective, quitting to the main menu and reloading should reset it. Also, that mission was incredibly easy to synch: Just shoot the target from a rooftop and then hook blade jump onto the tower.

Last edited by sam0hT; 11-16-2011 at 04:54 PM.
sam0hT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:40 AM   #12
CenturionElite
 
CenturionElite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 102
Finding a game in multiplayer is just awful, one of the worst experience I have ever had in a game. Takes me 20 minutes to find one match, sometimes when I am playing I have NO targets and NO people coming after me and I cant do anything but run around.

Such a buggy mess, I cant believe this shit passed during testing.
__________________

Now Playing: Borderlands 2
100% Achievement List: Portal 2, Left 4 Dead 2
100% Trophy List: Uncharted 3, Portal 2, inFamous 2
CenturionElite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:36 AM   #13
Jesuit007
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 125

Saitta's Gamercard
Smoke bomb just stunned me at 3:00 minutes in a Manhunt game.

I was stunned.... for the rest of the goddamn match. That's fucked. Playtest your shit Ubisoft.
__________________
Retail Complete - 34

Arcade Complete - 9
Jesuit007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:56 AM   #14
cylepher
 
cylepher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Guam
Posts: 95

Cylepher's Gamercard
Wow....I can't believe the game froze before I even played.....
cylepher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:18 AM   #15
tomloiodice
 
tomloiodice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Syracuse NY
Posts: 46

Dr Tom Loiodice's Gamercard
i've only done the "tower defense" mini game thing once so far. i didnt like it, but i'm going to guess it will grow on me by the end of the game. making the bombs seems a little overwelming, and testing them seems like i'm just going to be wasting time messing with that group of civilians but again i've only done that once.

over all the game just doesnt have the exciting feeling i was hoping. the multiplayer is funner then it was in brotherhood, but i'm sure when im finished with the game i have fun ferreting out all them hidden items (i.e. the animus data fragments and other treasures)
__________________
Xbox Gamercards

__________________

completed list.
Retail: Assassin's Creed II, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Lego Batman, Lost Via Domus, Elder scrolls IV Oblivion, Family Feud 2012 Edition.

XBLA:Cloning Clyde, A World of Keflings no DLC, Kinect Me.
tomloiodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:32 AM   #16
DoosMakhina
 
DoosMakhina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 313

DayusMakhina's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomloiodice View Post
i've only done the "tower defense" mini game thing once so far. i didnt like it, but i'm going to guess it will grow on me by the end of the game. making the bombs seems a little overwelming, and testing them seems like i'm just going to be wasting time messing with that group of civilians but again i've only done that once.

over all the game just doesnt have the exciting feeling i was hoping. the multiplayer is funner then it was in brotherhood, but i'm sure when im finished with the game i have fun ferreting out all them hidden items (i.e. the animus data fragments and other treasures)
I too dislike the tower defence thing, thankfully though it's really very easy to avoid it happening, after all it only happens if you have a full Templar Awareness Meter and then do something to draw attention to yourself. That itself doesn't happen often if you have taken over all the Templar Dens already anyway because then you barely see any Templars at all as it's basically all Ottomans about, an they don't even bother you anyway unless you actively do something bad in front of them.

Infact it's happened so infrequently that i'm actively trying to draw attention to myself in order to get the Tower Defense game started... one of the Assassin's Guild challenges is to win 3 of them, so i'll do that and never bother with it ever again.

So far other than that horrendous mini-game i have absolutely no complaints... it's fantastic.
DoosMakhina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:42 PM   #17
Crimson Ridley
 
Crimson Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,129

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
A few things that have annoyed me a little;

They've changed a lot of the icons. Most things are square now.

Everything has a black background, rather than white. Even the mini map.

Desmond sequences; I don't like them. I don't like his little friend, I don't like Desmond's face and I don't like that stupid little island.

Den Defence. Way to go, Ubisoft. Double Fine didn't do too well with putting Stage battles in Brutal Legend, so why did you feel the need to do this?

Ezio. That is most certainly not Ezio. It's a monkey with a beard.

I've taken to calling the city Constantine because it takes ages to say. But, Roma; Now that was easy.
__________________

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #18
Quid Squid
 
Quid Squid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,587

elKamikazeSquid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Desmond's sequences. Why would I want to play first person perspective in a 3rd person game?

I miss the conspiracy theory glyph puzzles from the last two games.
Quid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:58 PM   #19
Nighthawk1024
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 79

nighthawk1024's Gamercard
I'm completely dissatisfied with multiplayer. You can't custom search for game types like in Brotherhood and the game sometimes never gives me any targets to kill and for 10 minutes I went without getting killed or receiving any points even though I got awards for hiding. Why did they ruin a perfectly made matchmaking system?
Nighthawk1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:24 PM   #20
Phunky
 
Phunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk1024 View Post
You can't custom search for game types like in Brotherhood
Click Custom Match instead of Play Now, from there you can select free for all or team games and also the game types.
Phunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:31 PM   #21
Bubbameister
 
Bubbameister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 90

Bubbameister33's Gamercard
This is game is pretty boring. Love the first three but this one just doesn't feel right. Those Desmond sequences are the worst thing I've ever played. I should have bought Saints Row.
__________________

Bubbameister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:54 PM   #22
Nighthawk1024
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 79

nighthawk1024's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunky View Post
Click Custom Match instead of Play Now, from there you can select free for all or team games and also the game types.
Are you sure? I sat in the custom match lobby for 5 minutes and nothing was found. I was figuring custom match was a private session.
Nighthawk1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:32 AM   #23
zarda1
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 298

Zarda1's Gamercard
at the begining of the game when you're climbing what looks like a church you have to pull yourself up from an overhang. fine and dandy but everytime i got to the top i would just be turned around and jump off. happened 20 times with every button combo including not pushing anything.
zarda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:00 AM   #24
Phunky
 
Phunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk1024 View Post
Are you sure? I sat in the custom match lobby for 5 minutes and nothing was found. I was figuring custom match was a private session.
There's private match too but that's something else, if you pick custom match then either free for all or team objectives you should be able to connect to games you choose, I was using it all today to just do team manhunts. You have to choose your types on the left then press launch, usually only takes a few seconds to find one.
Phunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:34 AM   #25
NewSlang7
 
NewSlang7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 25

NewSlang7's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMaD DiSTuRBeD View Post
The only problem I have is that the new features (Bomb making, Den Defence) are a step back in gameplay. I don't like them at all.
I totally agree. I hate the fucking bombs so much. I also really hate the den defense. I don't know how to control anything and there are NO instructions. It's a MAJOR step back in gameplay. Better have a damn good story line.
NewSlang7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:19 AM   #26
AmyGrrl
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 128

AmyGrrl's Gamercard
I hate the tower defense as well. I got better at it, but it still sucks. My parachutes disappear every time a mission ends. The things that pisses me off the most is the broken banks. Its impossible to earn money since you can only earn money if you just set your controller down for an hour and wait. Go watch tv or something. If you start playing missions then the 20 minute wait resets again. I also dislike how the treasure maps don`t show all the treasures on the maps. Did everyone also notice that you can`t lock on to people from far away anyone more. That pisses me off.

One thing I miss was whole improving your city from AC2. I liked seeing that seeing that the money I spent improved the city. Brotherhood did it a bit as well. I wish they had expanded on it somehow. Maybe have a 2nd way in to an area to complete a quests that you have to buy/upgrade. Sometimes you could also find some armour or weapon to help you out. Unlock a secret underground tunnel to get to a different area faster.

Last edited by AmyGrrl; 11-18-2011 at 01:44 AM.
AmyGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:19 AM   #27
xSUBxMAXx
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 42
i thought it was just me but yea too much has changed for what?

I mean the past two AC games killed and then on this one it seems like they said "lets make ezio really old and get rid of those glyphs and change the background colors of everything, and lets put a stupid idiot on the island with you, hey let's make it like inception with dreamy weird islands and stuff" and now treasure chests are elevated, it's just a lot of little stuff thats off that adds up to alot thats wrong, it feels like they handed it off to another studio honestly, i'm trying really hard to like this game but they makin it hard, i've really been dissapointed with every game out so far this season except batman
xSUBxMAXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:23 AM   #28
Tecbuz
 
Tecbuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 6

tecbuz's Gamercard
Bought this last night at Wally World for $39, but haven't had a chance to play yet. Gotta crack it open!
Tecbuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:39 AM   #29
NoMaD DiSTuRBeD
 
NoMaD DiSTuRBeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 448

the nomad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyGrrl View Post
I hate the tower defense as well. I got better at it, but it still sucks. My parachutes disappear every time a mission ends. The things that pisses me off the most is the broken banks. Its impossible to earn money since you can only earn money if you just set your controller down for an hour and wait. Go watch tv or something. If you start playing missions then the 20 minute wait resets again. I also dislike how the treasure maps don`t show all the treasures on the maps. Did everyone also notice that you can`t lock on to people from far away anyone more. That pisses me off.

One thing I miss was whole improving your city from AC2. I liked seeing that seeing that the money I spent improved the city. Brotherhood did it a bit as well. I wish they had expanded on it somehow. Maybe have a 2nd way in to an area to complete a quests that you have to buy/upgrade. Sometimes you could also find some armour or weapon to help you out. Unlock a secret underground tunnel to get to a different area faster.
I agree with all of this. They fucked up the lock on in some way. It doesn't work as well as it should.

I also miss the horses.
__________________

NoMaD DiSTuRBeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:10 AM   #30
mysaturdayself
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 68

MySaturdaySelf's Gamercard
ac2 is probably one of my top favourite games. i still use italian as main language even though it doesn't suit this new game.

what i hate about this game
1. why do they have to make many, many places so fking dark!! most time I fail its because I can't fking see anything!!!

2. I hate the old altair, and old Ezio. I know it helps shape the story but sad to see sometimes Ezio gets injured and even't cant climb/jump.. They are supposed to be really badass!!

3. The story didn't match up to its name Revelations. Nothing is really revealed. please don't haste to make the next game next year, it will seriously break the user group like me who are so fond of the universe.

4. The game puzzles are not challenging enough. I beat the game in a few hours (and again, if i die mostly because it's too damn dark) and don't really feel satisfied both in skill and story sides.

and I almost stuck at the final puzzle until I realize how ridiculously easy it is meant to be.

I was planning to sweep the rest achievements once I did the story part.. now I think I will take a rest first..
mysaturdayself is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:29 PM.