Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-16-2011, 02:31 PM   #31
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the action frampton View Post
There were 3 of us boosting, so we weren't able to get into Team Slayer because the max local party size is 2. We tried Rumble Pit for a few hours, but no luck. I can see this achievement being a right bastard legit because, like you say, non boosters don't all have defiant map pack!
Play squad slayer, max local players is 4 and it's 5 vs 5 games of slayer. I'm sure between your 3 boosters you can probably come up with 10 controllers. Most boosters tend to have 3 or 4 controllers lol. You can definately get the Defiant maps in rumble pit too if your 3 boosters all have the Defiant map pack, and that's another playlist that allows 4 local players so 2 people with 4 controllers each can do it.

If you can't find boosters online and you want to go for any of the Defiant ones legit, play Premium battle. That playlist requires Noble and Defiant map packs to play so you'll run into more Defiant games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
you do not have to recover your gamertag for anything. i dont have CE and got the map packs and everything worked as soon as i started the game.
Correct, the achievements show up either by downloading the Anniversary maps or by loading multiplayer off the CE disk. However, the Defiant achievements will not unlock until you've downloaded the Anniversary maps, even if they're showing in your achievement list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Don't take away our ability to test drive the cheese!

Last edited by lifeexpectancy; 11-16-2011 at 03:11 PM.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:27 PM   #32
the action frampton

action frampton's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexpectancy View Post
Play squad slayer, max local players is 4 and it's 5 vs 5 games of slayer. I'm sure between your 3 boosters you can probably come up with 10 controllers. Most boosters tend to have 3 or 4 controllers lol. You can definately get the Defiant maps in rumble pit too if your 3 boosters all have the Defiant map pack, and that's another playlist that allows 4 local players so 2 people with 4 controllers each can do it.

If you can't find boosters online and you want to go for any of the Defiant ones legit, play Premium battle. That playlist requires Noble and Defiant map packs to play so you'll run into more Defiant games.

Correct, the achievements show up either by downloading the Anniversary maps or by loading multiplayer off the CE disk. However, the Defiant achievements will not unlock until you've downloaded the Anniversary maps, even if they're showing in your achievement list.
Squad slayer, got it, thanks. We had 4 controllers each so I don't know why we didn't try that one! Hopefully get it tonight!
Old 11-16-2011, 04:27 PM   #33
lifeexpectancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the action frampton View Post
Squad slayer, got it, thanks. We had 4 controllers each so I don't know why we didn't try that one! Hopefully get it tonight!
If all 3 of you have 4 controllers, you may even want to do Premium Battle since it's supposed to have a heavier concentration of Defiant maps than the regular hoppers. I do believe Premium Battle is a 12-player gametype so it would be perfect for you.

Quote:

Last edited by lifeexpectancy; 11-16-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:37 PM   #34
CIF

BloodngunsMrphy's Gamercard
We seriously have to do those three on specific maps now? Way to go 343. Do they feel they should balance out getting the other achievements in custom games?
Old 11-16-2011, 09:32 PM   #35
OrbitalBooey

OrbitalBooey's Gamercard
I'm down to boost: OrbitalBooey
OrbitalBooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #36
zakolson5

Drenlin DL's Gamercard
Im down as well Drenlin DL
zakolson5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:32 PM   #37
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Its bs not unlocking the new Defiant Map Pack achievements on the Anniversary maps.

Twitter - Raptr - Youtube
Kaiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:35 PM   #38
MixMaker1

MixMaker117's Gamercard
I beat down two people while jetpacking - from the front & one from the side and did NOT get the achievement. It looks like you have to melee assassinate (without the animation so don't HOLD melee down) and opponent to unlock it. Anyone else done it legit - if so, is this the case? I'm 0/2 thus far.

100% COMPLETED HALO PROFILE!
Marathon: Durandal / 100% (15/15 Achievements)
Halo Wars / 100% (58/58 Achievements)
Halo 2: Vista / 100% (41/41 Achievements)
Halo 3: ODST / 100% (47/47 Achievements)
Halo 3 / 100% (79/79 Achievements)
Halo Reach / 100% (69/69 Achievements)
Halo: CE:A / 100% (44/44 Achievements)
Halo 4 / 100% (76/76 Achievements)

UPCOMING!
Halo: Spartan Assault / 0% (20/20)
MixMaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:30 PM   #39
lifeexpectancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalBooey View Post
I'm down to boost: OrbitalBooey
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakolson5 View Post
Im down as well Drenlin DL
Please do not use the guide thread to look for boosting partners. There is a sticky thread for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIF View Post
We seriously have to do those three on specific maps now? Way to go 343. Do they feel they should balance out getting the other achievements in custom games?
There are only 2 maps the Defiant ones can be done on unfortunately, but the Premium Battle playlist is a good place to start if you're trying to do them legit. The Anniversary ones have 6 potential maps I believe, and their own set of playlists, so it's not all that bad.

Quote:

Last edited by lifeexpectancy; 11-16-2011 at 11:33 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:48 AM   #40
Vectorman953

Zombie Gary Oak's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMaker1 View Post
I beat down two people while jetpacking - from the front & one from the side and did NOT get the achievement. It looks like you have to melee assassinate (without the animation so don't HOLD melee down) and opponent to unlock it. Anyone else done it legit - if so, is this the case? I'm 0/2 thus far.

Yes this is the case.
I did it legitimately, albeit with a lot of luck.

In order to get the achievement you need to also get firebird (which means you are USING the jetpack... not freefalling, but actively pressing LB)
A beat down is a quick kill from behind the person.
This differs from an assassination (the animation, you get it from holding the melee button) and pummel (just beating the person to death from a non-back side)

So you could/should walk up behind an oblivious enemy, start your jetpack, and while still pressing LB, hit (NOT HOLD) the melee button (for me it's RB, but that could change based on the button configuration you're using)

Vectorman953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:00 AM   #41
EliteLeafHater

EliteLeafHater's Gamercard
i didnt even know you could play infection on a defiant map
EliteLeafHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:03 AM   #42
Vectorman953

Zombie Gary Oak's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteLeafHater View Post
i didnt even know you could play infection on a defiant map
Basically, for all of the defiant achievements you're just praying for condemned. That means a gametype with AA, 1 flag CTF, and infection.

I don't think that highlands (or whatever the hell the other, non-firefight defiant map it) is even in the premium playlist.

Last edited by Vectorman953; 11-17-2011 at 01:13 AM.
Vectorman953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:05 AM   #43
Bail Organa3

Bail Organa3's Gamercard
nice neat and tidy:P
Bail Organa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:25 AM   #44
EliteLeafHater

i got 10 skulls but couldnt score in time

the jet pack beatdown is pissing me off i keep assasinating even though i tap the melee button and not hold it my just under 1 k/d ratio isnt liking it very much either

Last edited by EliteLeafHater; 11-17-2011 at 05:33 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:46 AM   #45
acoustic can

k as in kyle's Gamercard
Not sure if anyone else has pointed this out yet, but multiple people CAN get the headhunter achievement at the same time. Just have everyone who needs the achievement get 10 skulls and then watch where the scoring 'hills' spawn. Once everyone gets 10 skulls, they all need to stand on top of one of the inactive hill spawns and wait for that hill to come up; once it does, everyone will get a Skullamanjaro medal and the achievement.

This method takes a while because it requires a lot of killing, so I'd suggest only doing it if you're not boosting with a full party of 8, but it's definitely faster than trying to get headhunter to come up multiple times.
acoustic can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:50 AM   #46
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMaker1 View Post

I got it on my 1st try.
A beat down is a non-assassination melee from behind.

Twitter - Raptr - Youtube
Kaiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:18 AM   #47
lifeexpectancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by acoustic can View Post
Not sure if anyone else has pointed this out yet, but multiple people CAN get the headhunter achievement at the same time. Just have everyone who needs the achievement get 10 skulls and then watch where the scoring 'hills' spawn. Once everyone gets 10 skulls, they all need to stand on top of one of the inactive hill spawns and wait for that hill to come up; once it does, everyone will get a Skullamanjaro medal and the achievement.

This method takes a while because it requires a lot of killing, so I'd suggest only doing it if you're not boosting with a full party of 8, but it's definitely faster than trying to get headhunter to come up multiple times.
Quoted you directly in the achievement tip for credit.

Quote:
Old 11-17-2011, 05:24 PM   #48
MixMaker1

MixMaker117's Gamercard
Got very lucky. Three condemns in a row last night! It's pure luck. Played a good 5 straight hours looking for the game types, too.

Just 100%'d Reach (again)!!!

100% COMPLETED HALO PROFILE!
Marathon: Durandal / 100% (15/15 Achievements)
Halo Wars / 100% (58/58 Achievements)
Halo 2: Vista / 100% (41/41 Achievements)
Halo 3: ODST / 100% (47/47 Achievements)
Halo 3 / 100% (79/79 Achievements)
Halo Reach / 100% (69/69 Achievements)
Halo: CE:A / 100% (44/44 Achievements)
Halo 4 / 100% (76/76 Achievements)

UPCOMING!
Halo: Spartan Assault / 0% (20/20)
MixMaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:02 PM   #49
Chrolikai

Chrolikai's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteLeafHater View Post
i got 10 skulls but couldnt score in time

the jet pack beatdown is pissing me off i keep assasinating even though i tap the melee button and not hold it my just under 1 k/d ratio isnt liking it very much either
Make sure you're doing it on an anniversary map. I tried on Breakpoint and Highlands but didn't get it. Went onto Beaver Creek and got it first time. Also, I recommend getting behind them, press jetpack from standing, and then quickly beating them down (assassinate but don't hold the button).

And has anyone been able to get All Alone legit yet (last man standing in a defiant map infection game)? I know I need a full room of people who have the defiant dlc, but even when I tried to boost I couldn't get it up.
Chrolikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:34 PM   #50
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

just got from hells heart very easily. used a second controller to stick me and kill both of us in anniversary ffa lol

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
...shame that it's a mad world.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:41 PM   #51
EliteLeafHater

is high noon the only infection map in anniversary because its a pain to kill 3 on that map as a zombie in 1 round

finally got that freaking jetpack beatdown achievement

also for the 10 skulls can you get that in the the 4v4 anniversary squad playlist or do you need a skullamanjaro

Last edited by EliteLeafHater; 11-17-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:13 PM   #52
Radioactive Microbe

RadioactiveSkin's Gamercard
Okay, I splattered 6 people in an Anniv. Map, why no achievement?
Radioactive Microbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:18 PM   #53
lifeexpectancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactive Microbe View Post
Okay, I splattered 6 people in an Anniv. Map, why no achievement?
Were you playing matchmaking? It doesn't work in custom games. If you were in matchmaking and you were on an anniversary map, there's no reason it shouldn't have unlocked unless maybe it DOES have to be without dying /shudder. Can anyone confirm having gotten it with a death in between the kills? If so then it'll be much harder legit.

Quote:
Old 11-17-2011, 11:21 PM   #54
Radioactive Microbe

Quote:
Were you playing matchmaking? It doesn't work in custom games. If you were in matchmaking and you were on an anniversary map, there's no reason it shouldn't have unlocked unless maybe it DOES have to be without dying /shudder. Can anyone confirm having gotten it with a death in between the kills? If so then it'll be much harder legit.
I was on Anniv. BTB on Breakneck.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Ga...Radioactive553
Old 11-18-2011, 12:55 AM   #55
lifeexpectancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactive Microbe View Post
That looks like it shoulda worked then. There's only 3 ways I can see how this may have happened.

1. Maybe all 5 splatters have to be in a row (splatter spree).
2. Did you redeem the code? Even if you're playing the anniversary maps from the CE disk, maybe you have to redeem the code for ANY of the achievements to unlock, not just the Defiant ones.
3. Maybe all 5 splatters have to be the same type of vehicle (eg 5 ghost splatters for instance).
4. Maybe all 5 splatters have to be in a row with no other kill type between them, but you can still die between splatters, like the Top Shot achievement for 3 headshots.

Options 3 and 4 seem unlikely so I'm guessing it's either 1 or 2. We boosted it with ghosts and since we were boosting everyone did their 5 splatters without dying, so I can't confirm if dying between splatters negates the achievement.

Quote:
Old 11-18-2011, 01:18 AM   #56
Radioactive Microbe

Quote:
That looks like it shoulda worked then. There's only 3 ways I can see how this may have happened.

1. Maybe all 5 splatters have to be in a row (splatter spree).
2. Did you redeem the code? Even if you're playing the anniversary maps from the CE disk, maybe you have to redeem the code for ANY of the achievements to unlock, not just the Defiant ones.
3. Maybe all 5 splatters have to be the same type of vehicle (eg 5 ghost splatters for instance).
4. Maybe all 5 splatters have to be in a row with no other kill type between them, but you can still die between splatters, like the Top Shot achievement for 3 headshots.

Options 3 and 4 seem unlikely so I'm guessing it's either 1 or 2. We boosted it with ghosts and since we were boosting everyone did their 5 splatters without dying, so I can't confirm if dying between splatters negates the achievement.
Well, 2 and 3 are ruled out. I have gotten the other achievements, so I can't see anything related to that. And all 6 splatters were with ghosts.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:22 AM   #57
acoustic can

k as in kyle's Gamercard
Quote:
Quoted you directly in the achievement tip for credit.
Here's a link to the game for proof if you want to add it as well.

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/ga...meid=853321603

Last edited by acoustic can; 11-20-2011 at 05:02 AM.
acoustic can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:57 AM   #58
HamKet

Ham Salad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I got Bounty Hunter by playing Team Headhunter in the Anniversary Squad playlist. Got 10 skulls, scored, won, and popped the achievement in a little over a minute. So it doesn't have to be FFA.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Ga...er=Ham%20Salad
Old 11-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #59
holyrelik

anyone up to boost these achievements add me Holy Relik204
holyrelik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:54 AM   #60
lifeexpectancy

This thread is not for looking for boosting buddies. Once again, please use the boosting partner sticky thread for that.

Quote: