PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2011, 11:44 PM   #1
MrAwesome
 
MrAwesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 227

hairyrussianman's Gamercard
Duplication Glitch

Before anyone says anything about "cheating is gay play the game as intended reeny reeny reeny...", a) this is a site in which people gather to help each other easily gain achievements and cheat b) I liked having hundreds of beer and skooma bottles littering my house in Oblivion.

Anyways... do you think this glitch will still work in Skyrim since it was not fixed in Oblivion? I wonder if the duel wielding will affect the glitch. And the fact that there is an achievement for earning gold makes me think this has been fixed.
Also, does anyone who fully understands game mechanics figure it will be possible to hold two bows?
Your thoughts?

Last edited by MrAwesome; 11-06-2011 at 11:47 PM.
MrAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:46 PM   #2
FireWarrior316
 
FireWarrior316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 257

FireWarrior316's Gamercard
i highly doubt it will work this time because of how he menu system has completely changed. I wish it would cause i would just do it for good items to sell. If there is one I will exploit it.
FireWarrior316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:53 PM   #3
rza_2002
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 605

IxI BRADY IxI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAwesome View Post
Anyways... do you think this glitch will still work in Skyrim since it was not fixed in Oblivion? I wonder if the duel wielding will affect the glitch. And the fact that there is an achievement for earning gold makes me think this has been fixed.
Never even tried, making gold is so easy just by looting enemys and selling there stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAwesome View Post
Also, does anyone who fully understands game mechanics figure it will be possible to hold two bows?
Your thoughts?
This is not possible though, bows are 2handed [how would you load, and pull 2 arrows while holding 2 bows anyway? unless u were shiva/goro/insert generic-multi-armed person here?]
__________________



rza_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:56 PM   #4
Leroy Jenkins78
 
Leroy Jenkins78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 70

LEROY JENKINS78's Gamercard
I'm sure the glitch as we know it in Oblivion has been fixed, but it is possible that there is a new way to dupe items. We won't know until it's been released to the masses on Friday.
__________________
Leroy Jenkins78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:57 PM   #5
MrAwesome
 
MrAwesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 227

hairyrussianman's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rza_2002 View Post
This is not possible though, bows are 2handed [how would you load, and pull 2 arrows while holding 2 bows anyway? unless u were shiva/goro/insert generic-multi-armed person here?]
This is a game involving dragons, magic, and talking humanoid giant lizards and cats.
Logic does not belong here.

And I speak of more exploitation of game mechanics making it somehow possible to hold two bows.
MrAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:58 PM   #6
TombRaiser
 
TombRaiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nevada
Posts: 455

TombRaiser's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAwesome View Post
Also, does anyone who fully understands game mechanics figure it will be possible to hold two bows?
Your thoughts?
If it were crossbows it might have been possible...but I'm pretty sure there are no crossbows.
__________________
TombRaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:59 PM   #7
CouchOrnament
 
CouchOrnament's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Calgary AB Canada
Posts: 624

COUCH ORNAMENT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAwesome View Post
Before anyone says anything about "cheating is gay play the game as intended reeny reeny reeny...", a) this is a site in which people gather to help each other easily gain achievements and cheat b) I liked having hundreds of beer and skooma bottles littering my house in Oblivion.

Anyways... do you think this glitch will still work in Skyrim since it was not fixed in Oblivion? I wonder if the duel wielding will affect the glitch. And the fact that there is an achievement for earning gold makes me think this has been fixed.
Also, does anyone who fully understands game mechanics figure it will be possible to hold two bows?
Your thoughts?
That would be decent. I totally forgot about that glitch. Used it on the PC version of Oblivion to get rich quick.

As for the first part. I for one could care less who cheats and glitches their way in a single player game. It is once people start boosting, cheating and glitching in MP games that chaps my hide. This site is about achievements, no where on the site does it say that its about cheating. There are cheating sites out there. That state just that. But again, not slighting you at all. SP is all the players own business as it doesn't fuck anyone else up.

Edit: Remember the paint brush glitch... walking high above Cyrodiil was fun. Pointless. But fun.
__________________




Happy 2012 everyone!
CouchOrnament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:07 AM   #8
Dcon6393
 
Dcon6393's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 919

dcon6393's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAwesome View Post
Before anyone says anything about "cheating is gay play the game as intended reeny reeny reeny...", a) this is a site in which people gather to help each other easily gain achievements and cheat b) I liked having hundreds of beer and skooma bottles littering my house in Oblivion.

Anyways... do you think this glitch will still work in Skyrim since it was not fixed in Oblivion? I wonder if the duel wielding will affect the glitch. And the fact that there is an achievement for earning gold makes me think this has been fixed.
Also, does anyone who fully understands game mechanics figure it will be possible to hold two bows?
Your thoughts?
Duplication glitch = highly possible. In oblivion they patched it the best they could, but could never fix scroll duplication. I do think the new interface will make it more difficult to find one, but whenever there is a system involving numbers and items, there is bound to be a glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAwesome View Post
This is a game involving dragons, magic, and talking humanoid giant lizards and cats.
Logic does not belong here.


And I speak of more exploitation of game mechanics making it somehow possible to hold two bows.
Awesome comment. And it seems that there could be a glitch of that nature. Probably something someone will find on complete accident. I project a youtube video by next year.
__________________
Dcon6393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:10 AM   #9
MrAwesome
 
MrAwesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 227

hairyrussianman's Gamercard
I'm really hoping for a two bow glitch.
That would be badass to fire two arrows at once.
MrAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:12 AM   #10
rza_2002
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 605

IxI BRADY IxI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAwesome View Post
This is a game involving dragons, magic, and talking humanoid giant lizards and cats.
Logic does not belong here.
This is true, dont forgot mammoths defended by giants but no as yet i cannot dual-wield bows
__________________



rza_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:36 AM   #11
EnteringtheCosmos
 
EnteringtheCosmos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by rza_2002 View Post
This is true, dont forgot mammoths defended by giants but no as yet i cannot dual-wield bows
I bet you a pc mod will come out to allow it
EnteringtheCosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:55 AM   #12
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Without a doubt, I can 100% guarantee that the duping glitches of Oblivion are gone. A glitch is something that happens due to a programming error in the coding of the engine that the game is powered by. When a game switches engines for the sequel, that means they're using all new code and the game is built quite literally from scratch. That means all new coding errors that will result in other glitches in the new game. A game like MW3 you can be hopeful about finding glitches that were in BO, MW2, WaW, and CoD4 because they all run off of the same modified Quake 2 engine. Skyrim usues an entirely new engine completely unique to the one used in Oblivion and the Fallout games.

Bethesda has been improving with their bug testing pre-launch, but glitches in an Elder Scrolls game are a common staple to the series, so I would expect there to be a good handful when the game launches (and hopefully they aren't all patched in a week.)
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #13
jwmc1971
 
jwmc1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: americas vacation wonderland ...florida .
Posts: 611

NaTaS 1971's Gamercard
maybe spoiler ?





bah , code smode ...they completely changed the whole layout . no more " cant equip errors " showing up . they dumbed down the whole system . the page layout for stats for weapons etc. is gone among other things you were used too . been tried do death already on other sites . if this game gets broken it will be something totally new my man .
__________________


64 games 100% and counting
jwmc1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #14
Leroy Jenkins78
 
Leroy Jenkins78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 70

LEROY JENKINS78's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmc1971 View Post
bah , code smode ...they completely changed the whole layout . no more " cant equip errors " showing up . they dumbed down the whole system . the page layout for stats for weapons etc. is gone among other things you were used too . been tried do death already on other sites . if this game gets broken it will be something totally new my man .
Hopefully nothing like the glitches in Red Dead, the donkey woman still terrifies me to this day!
__________________
Leroy Jenkins78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #15
DecadentBeaver
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 3,222

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
If there is a duplication glitch and it does get patched. I'm offline with no internet, so I can abuse it for all its worth.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:48 PM   #16
surreal_82
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 316

FXN Shadow's Gamercard
pretty sure the bow glitch was patched with SI's addition, however the scroll method still remained un-patched (me personally filled a few houses full of bones and skulls to the point of major frame-rate issues!)

Was also quicker than the bow glitch i thought
surreal_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #17
Leroy Jenkins78
 
Leroy Jenkins78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 70

LEROY JENKINS78's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
If there is a duplication glitch and it does get patched. I'm offline with no internet, so I can abuse it for all its worth.
You know thats right, I need to dupe some bread and fish and feed 5000 people in Skyrim.

No one ever took my Slaughterfish Scales and bread in Oblivion not sure why
__________________
Leroy Jenkins78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:07 PM   #18
XYMistman
 
XYMistman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 60

XY Mistman's Gamercard
Why would you want to cheat? In Skyrim you can work jobs, so I'm pretty sure you'll get paid for doing them. And you can make your own weapons and armor. I bet the best equipment you can get is one you make from dragon skin.
XYMistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:22 PM   #19
DecadentBeaver
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 3,222

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XYMistman View Post
Why would you want to cheat? In Skyrim you can work jobs, so I'm pretty sure you'll get paid for doing them. And you can make your own weapons and armor. I bet the best equipment you can get is one you make from dragon skin.
Hmm, that's true. Working for moeny is a nice addition. Depends on how much it earns you. But I used the dupe glitch for A;grand sould gems for recharging and any decent weapons to sell and B; for fun. As in trapping adoring fan in my Skingrad basement with various random items.

@Leroy. Maybe people in your game were not into seafood. Should try steak with the bread and a drink of mead in Skyrim. Although, 5000 of it will take a while to dupe lol
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:49 PM   #20
Leroy Jenkins78
 
Leroy Jenkins78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 70

LEROY JENKINS78's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
Maybe people in your game were not into seafood. Should try steak with the bread and a drink of mead in Skyrim. Although, 5000 of it will take a while to dupe lol
Lol could be true, I just hope a dragon doesnt come to town while everyone is feasting. On the other hand...
__________________
Leroy Jenkins78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #21
DecadentBeaver
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 3,222

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins78 View Post
Lol could be true, I just hope a dragon doesnt come to town while everyone is feasting. On the other hand...
That would be an unexpected visit. If I get chased by a dragon. I'm getting him to follow me to the nearest town and just sit there and watch the slaughter. Nothing wrong with that is there?
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #22
Annalie
 
Annalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 2,003
Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I thought someone had discovered one because of the thread title. thank god no one did.... at least not yet >.>
__________________
Thanks Gackt.
Annalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:02 PM   #23
XYMistman
 
XYMistman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 60

XY Mistman's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalie View Post
I thought someone had discovered one because of the thread title. thank god no one did.... at least not yet >.>
Even if they did its not gonna "ruin" your solo experience.
XYMistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:06 PM   #24
Annalie
 
Annalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 2,003
Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XYMistman View Post
Even if they did its not gonna "ruin" your solo experience.
Lol as if you would know what would ruin my experience. because you are me and everything...
__________________
Thanks Gackt.
Annalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #25
Kraderic
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,555

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalie View Post
Lol as if you would know what would ruin my experience. because you are me and everything...
We don't need to know you or anything. Other people using a duplication glitch in their game will in no way affect your solo experience.
Kraderic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:23 PM   #26
Annalie
 
Annalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 2,003
Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraderic View Post
We don't need to know you or anything. Other people using a duplication glitch in their game will in no way affect your solo experience.
Your right... you dont know me, so there is no way anyone could know what would ruin my experience so..... tell that to XY. and i never said others duplicating would effect me i wouldn't care.
__________________
Thanks Gackt.
Annalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:25 PM   #27
XYMistman
 
XYMistman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 60

XY Mistman's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalie View Post
Lol as if you would know what would ruin my experience. because you are me and everything...
No, because I know it as a fact, but if you want to think it will go ahead.
XYMistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:08 PM   #28
Killerchronic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 1,871

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I see a retarded argument starting here lol

Just remember its singleplayer, the only thing that can ruin your exp is reading spoilers and anything YOU do to exploit a glitch if one is found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmc1971 View Post
maybe spoiler ?
If you're worried about spoilers, use these amazing things called Spoiler tags they kinda go like (spoiler)blah(/spoiler) but with the [ ] brackets instead, its a little hard not to catch words when scrolling through a thread even if you do state spoiler at the top of your post.

If you are ever unsure, use the dam tags....I've had far to many games ruined by people doing that on these forums.

Edit: Ah crap, sorry for the double post, i thought it was 2 different threads
__________________
Retail Games with 100%: 16
10k Hit - 14/02/08
20k Hit - 07/10/09
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11

Last edited by Method; 11-07-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Killerchronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:15 PM   #29
Annalie
 
Annalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 2,003
Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerchronic View Post
I see a retarded argument starting here lol

Just remember its singleplayer, the only thing that can ruin your exp is reading spoilers and anything YOU do to exploit a glitch if one is found.
There is no argument, i choose to move on and ignore. btw you can always delete your post and use the edit button.
__________________
Thanks Gackt.
Annalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:37 AM   #30
Kraderic
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,555

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalie View Post
Your right... you dont know me, so there is no way anyone could know what would ruin my experience so..... tell that to XY. and i never said others duplicating would effect me i wouldn't care.
just sayin', the way you initially responded to this thread implies that it would for whatever reason negatively affect your gaming experience, enough that you had to "thank god" that it wasn't discovered yet. no need to get all hyper defensive over it.
Kraderic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:09 AM.