PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Brink
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-17-2011, 12:39 AM   #1
Shadow of Hate

Sh4d0w 0f Hat3's Gamercard
Just another Day 6 thread... Wish they would Patch it or something...

I'm tired of trying to beat this mission solo... It's just not gonna happen. None of my friends ever bought the game and/or won't rent it. Let me know if anyone would be available to help me finish this mission.

GT: Sh4d0w 0f Hat3 (0's are zeros)
Shadow of Hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:20 AM   #2
Alaskanassassin

alaskanassassin's Gamercard
I haven't tried it yet but I'm down GT- AlaskanAssassin
Alaskanassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
x RoverandOut x

x RoverandOut x's Gamercard
This mission is beginning to infuriate me. I got it a couple of days ago on the cheap and this level inparticualr is making me rage. I can do the first bit easy enough but I can't hack the missiles at all due to the friendly AI's stupidity.
x RoverandOut x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
Chuppernicus

chuppernicus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I have the game but wont be playing it until superbowl weekend when I get together with some buddies for gaming, football and adult sodas. After that I'd be willing to help you guys out. The AI isn't the brightest at times and I've only played the first 2 missions. Still I think I'll really like the game with friends.

-Insert something creative here-
( that doesn't include stats that no one really cares about or some poorly photoshop'd image with your name stuck in it. )

Chuppernicus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #5
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Unless you have a friend who you know will help you, you should hold off on that mission. Do everything else but that one.

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #6
ajw5868

ajw5868's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by x RoverandOut x View Post
This mission is beginning to infuriate me. I got it a couple of days ago on the cheap and this level inparticualr is making me rage. I can do the first bit easy enough but I can't hack the missiles at all due to the friendly AI's stupidity.

I pieced together a couple of different strategies that I read about for this level and was finally successful (without the help of a friend).

No need to delevel your character like some people have suggested. Just start a new one. You can pick whatever level you want to play right from the beginning. The bots really are much easier at low levels.

I used a shotgun as my primary.

What I would do is start my hack right next to the console so that the hack % would increase quickly. I would watch my surroundings and try my best to keep the console in between me and any enemies so that I could stay as long as possible. The second I started to take any damage I would sprint into the little room the the right of the console. You can continue to hack from that distance (just slower) and enemies rarely follow you in there. If they do that is when I would use my shotgun. As soon as it looked like the opposing team was focused on my teammates again I would move outside to the terminal. I repeated this process of hiding in the room and popping out when it looked clear until I reached 100%. It is very important to move into the room as soon as you start to take damage because if you die they can undo most of your progress.

I may have just gotten lucky but it worked for me. Thought I would pass it on as I know how frustrating this level can be. Most people's advice was to find a partner to do it with you but it can be done on your own.
ajw5868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:04 AM   #7
Tetrarc

Tetrarc's Gamercard
If anyone still needed help you can add me. Gamertag: Tetrarc.
Tetrarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #8
x RoverandOut x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw5868 View Post
I pieced together a couple of different strategies that I read about for this level and was finally successful (without the help of a friend).

No need to delevel your character like some people have suggested. Just start a new one. You can pick whatever level you want to play right from the beginning. The bots really are much easier at low levels.

I used a shotgun as my primary.

What I would do is start my hack right next to the console so that the hack % would increase quickly. I would watch my surroundings and try my best to keep the console in between me and any enemies so that I could stay as long as possible. The second I started to take any damage I would sprint into the little room the the right of the console. You can continue to hack from that distance (just slower) and enemies rarely follow you in there. If they do that is when I would use my shotgun. As soon as it looked like the opposing team was focused on my teammates again I would move outside to the terminal. I repeated this process of hiding in the room and popping out when it looked clear until I reached 100%. It is very important to move into the room as soon as you start to take damage because if you die they can undo most of your progress.

I may have just gotten lucky but it worked for me. Thought I would pass it on as I know how frustrating this level can be. Most people's advice was to find a partner to do it with you but it can be done on your own.
Thanks, will try it later. Haven't had chance to do it over the last couple of days.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #9
x RoverandOut x

Done it. As I'm going for the achievement for doing it on Hard/Versus I went on versus and actually got into a lobby with a few people and did it first time. Also finished Security and done half of the resistance
Old 01-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #10
Emperor Hans

Emperor Hans's Gamercard
someone help me do this map too.. its driving me insane.
Emperor Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:51 PM   #11
jo$$$$h

jossssh's Gamercard
Looking for a partner also .... Cant stand trying it yet another time without one GT : jossssh

20,000GP August 21st, 2009
30,000GP November 9th, 2010
40,000GP November 25th, 2011
50,000GP November 21st, 2012

Current Gamefly Games Out :
X-Men Destiny
jo$$$$h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #12
BoneHammer

llamarider 64's Gamercard
I need this too. Gamer tag is llama rider64
BoneHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #13
Agent Aero

Aero x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
The first part is simple, repair the crane controls. Play as an engineer and either constantly try to repair the controls and when you get down wait for a medic, then resume hacking. This is more of a kamikaze method. Or secondly, play as the engineer again and use turrets, mines and damage buffs to your liking. This will create a 'safe' area for you and your team to repair the crane. Remember you can buff your gun damage by holding too!

For the second objective things seem to become overwhelmingly difficult and your team seem to have a problem assisting you in ANY way. My first choice here was to become an operative and get the job done myself...Wrong!

For this section i remained as an engineer, i fought my way to hacking objective and just off to the right you will see a small, dead end hall way with 2 entrances/exits. Haul ass inside here and set up a turret in the left-most door (While facing hacking objective), and then place a proximity mine in the other entrance. Camp here and help your turret fend off the Resistance, whilst doing so your team will start to hack the objective.

If you keep on top of the enemies and repair your turret when iuts needed asap you shouldn't have an issue. Upon trying this method i done it first try.

Tl;dr:
Camp in hallway off to the right.
Turret in one door, mine in the other. (Play as Engineer)
Wait for your teams operatives.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #14
xI WARFARE

John Rycroft's Gamercard
Yeah that mission was a bitch. I had to try loads of times and I eventually got lucky.

SSFIV - From C to shining C achievement unlocked!
xI WARFARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #15
Petey247

Petey247's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Aero View Post

Tl;dr:
This. Actually, I ended up camping to the right of the area where the enemy would funnel in, but the idea is the same. Once you hit that magical 2 minute mark, your team develops some skills and will begin to hack it. Mine went into overtime, but I still was able to complete it.

Petey247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #16
ii Legendary 2K

I'm fed up of trying to beat this mission, might try and use the advice above, the AI for me always seem to be able to starting hacking in the final 2 mins so I might just camp there and wait for them.
ii Legendary 2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #17
Sr Nitren

Send a message via Skype™ to Sr Nitren

Sr Nitren's Gamercard
looking for someone to help me with Security Day 6
Gamertag - Sr Nitren
Sr Nitren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #18
ii Legendary 2K

Decided just to try this mission again today and actually completed it!

All I did as an engineer was camp in the hallway to the right of the hack box,
placed a turret facing the hack box so anyone trying to remove it failed,
placed myself at the other side of the hallway and killed anything in sight,
my AI team suddenly all appeared and completed the mission easily

Hope this helps!
ii Legendary 2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:10 AM   #19
Bigniptizel13

Bigniptizel13's Gamercard
hallway camping strategy

Yea, that engineer turret hallway strategy worked like a charm. it was a little too close for comfort but it was finally accomplished thanks guys
Old 06-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #20
i Dare Survive

i dare survive's Gamercard
I tried the turret thing a few times with a max level character, then a lvl 10 character, but i hardly get any luck of the ai keeping the overtime going...

I finally got this by starting a new character, trying to clear out all the enemies and have my team defend the area before hacking.

Got lucky the first time hacked til 97%! before dying multiple times and losing the game again. Tried again and went to hide in the left hallway at about 75% with about a minute remaining, and my team managed the fight into overtime and i got the 100.
i Dare Survive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:47 PM   #21
KoenW94

KoenW94's Gamercard
A strategy for the second part of the mission that worked for me was to keep the bridge up (repairing crane controls and removing HE charges) until there are about 2 minutes left, then switch to operative and try to hack the missile controls. At the end of a mission, your teammates will focus more on the primary objective and will sometimes actually be able to hold off the enemy. I spent most of my hacking while hiding in one of the side rooms, as is already explained in some post above. Hacking will take a long time while hiding in one of the side rooms and you will probably go in overtime (by the time I finished I was almost 2 minutes in overtime), but enemies wonít go there as long as there are teammates around.

I did this on hard with a level 23 character. Difficulty and character level donít seem to matter very much for this mission, it depends mostly on luck. It took me some tries to get this, but eventually it worked.
KoenW94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:20 PM   #22
evilution666

evilution666's Gamercard
Just got this - I don't mind playing it with people - GT evilution666
Old 03-29-2014, 10:56 PM   #23
xSyKoTiCxJeTx

Send a message via Skype™ to xSyKoTiCxJeTx

xSyKoTiCxJeTx's Gamercard
I need help on this mission,it's getting frustrating...Is there still anyone who's playing this game and can give a hand?

xSyKoTiCxJeTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:05 AM   #24
maggotdude

maggot dude's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSyKoTiCxJeTx View Post
I need help on this mission,it's getting frustrating...Is there still anyone who's playing this game and can give a hand?
do you still need this doing ? i do too if so send me a message on xbl : maggot dude
Old 06-20-2014, 02:22 PM   #25
GamerPerfection

GamerPerfection's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Aero View Post
The first part is simple, repair the crane controls. Play as an engineer and either constantly try to repair the controls and when you get down wait for a medic, then resume hacking. This is more of a kamikaze method. Or secondly, play as the engineer again and use turrets, mines and damage buffs to your liking. This will create a 'safe' area for you and your team to repair the crane. Remember you can buff your gun damage by holding too!

For the second objective things seem to become overwhelmingly difficult and your team seem to have a problem assisting you in ANY way. My first choice here was to become an operative and get the job done myself...Wrong!

For this section i remained as an engineer, i fought my way to hacking objective and just off to the right you will see a small, dead end hall way with 2 entrances/exits. Haul ass inside here and set up a turret in the left-most door (While facing hacking objective), and then place a proximity mine in the other entrance. Camp here and help your turret fend off the Resistance, whilst doing so your team will start to hack the objective.

If you keep on top of the enemies and repair your turret when iuts needed asap you shouldn't have an issue. Upon trying this method i done it first try.

Tl;dr:
Thank you so much! I followed this strategy and completed the mission first try! Now have 1000G.

Achievements percentage: 52%
Points percentage: 47%

100% Completion:
Retail: 11
Arcade: 12
Mobile: 3

GamerPerfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:52 PM   #26
xSyKoTiCxJeTx

Send a message via Skype™ to xSyKoTiCxJeTx

xSyKoTiCxJeTx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggotdude View Post
do you still need this doing ? i do too if so send me a message on xbl : maggot dude
Yeah I do

xSyKoTiCxJeTx is offline   Reply With Quote