PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2011, 09:36 PM   #31
Richard51518
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10

Richard51518's Gamercard
Unsure if anyone has posted this, but time spent on xbox live matches accumulates when you are spectating. This could be a good way to get time, plus if you're watching good players, you may learn something interesting
Richard51518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:08 AM   #32
Doopliss SWE
 
Doopliss SWE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 374

doopliss swe's Gamercard
I'm gonna look later if you can grind "Rivals welcome" with a turbo controller somehow. You should be able to, and if that's the case, two people with turbo controllers can just let the game run overnight, to accumulate a few hours. I got to lvl 50 in BlazBlue CS this way, so hopefully it applies here too.
Doopliss SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:29 PM   #33
FeLizP
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 740
Send a message via AIM to FeLizP Send a message via Yahoo to FeLizP Send a message via Skype™ to FeLizP

FeLizP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard51518 View Post
Unsure if anyone has posted this, but time spent on xbox live matches accumulates when you are spectating. This could be a good way to get time, plus if you're watching good players, you may learn something interesting
That's right. Time does indeed still pass when you are spectating others in online matches. I have added your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doopliss SWE View Post
I'm gonna look later if you can grind "Rivals welcome" with a turbo controller somehow. You should be able to, and if that's the case, two people with turbo controllers can just let the game run overnight, to accumulate a few hours. I got to lvl 50 in BlazBlue CS this way, so hopefully it applies here too.
Yes, Rivals Welcome can be grinded with a turbo controller or a fight stick with turbo functionality. Here's the turbo method Setsuna used:

Setup a Player Match with one of your friends and turn the turbo on the A button, by whatever means make sure the A button is being held down so that the turbo function will continuously hit that button. During each of your matches the characters will spam the attack (or whatever you have mapped to the A button).

Now at the end of each match, because the A is constantly going off it will hit pass the win quote and hit rematch continuously making it an infinite loop so that you and your partner can just leave the game on overnight while your rack up time for Online Mode.

Last edited by FeLizP; 11-26-2011 at 08:36 PM.
FeLizP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #34
Jakez123
That's so cliché
 
Jakez123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 3,021

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
correct me if im wrong but isn't it 49 playthroughs? 48 for the characters and 1 for losing to galactus/winning galactus mode?
__________________
No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite. - Okabe Rintarou
Jakez123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:12 AM   #35
Doopliss SWE
 
Doopliss SWE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 374

doopliss swe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
correct me if im wrong but isn't it 49 playthroughs? 48 for the characters and 1 for losing to galactus/winning galactus mode?
And if you have Jill and/or Shuma, it becomes 50 or 51.
Doopliss SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:18 AM   #36
FeLizP
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 740
Send a message via AIM to FeLizP Send a message via Yahoo to FeLizP Send a message via Skype™ to FeLizP

FeLizP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doopliss SWE View Post
And if you have Jill and/or Shuma, it becomes 50 or 51.
Good point. But that's only IF you have them downloaded before hand. They don't count towards the Gallery achievement if you don't have them but if you do have them then that's an extra 2 playthroughs to acquire their endings.

It does need to at least be 49 though, guess I overlooked it when editing. That extra playthrough for getting a Game Over on Galactus...or...completing Galactus Mode, either one.

How does 49+ playthroughs sound? I'll see how I can tidy that up for you guys in the roadmap.
FeLizP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:26 AM   #37
Jakez123
That's so cliché
 
Jakez123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 3,021

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLizP View Post
Good point. But that's only IF you have them downloaded before hand. They don't count towards the Gallery achievement if you don't have them but if you do have them then that's an extra 2 playthroughs to acquire their endings.

It does need to at least be 49 though, guess I overlooked it when editing. That extra playthrough for getting a Game Over on Galactus...or...completing Galactus Mode, either one.

How does 49+ playthroughs sound? I'll see how I can tidy that up for you guys in the roadmap.
Yea it sounds satisfying, the + at the end also includes additional playthroughs for the point achievements ETC so it wraps that section up nicely, other than that i would say the guide is pretty much complete. Until a cliff notes thread is fully developed.
__________________
No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite. - Okabe Rintarou
Jakez123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:49 AM   #38
Dennoman
 
Dennoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heist-op-den-Berg, Belgium
Posts: 937

dennoman's Gamercard
Here's the better looking pic for Master of Tasks:

__________________
Achievement Hall of Fame


Dennoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:46 PM   #39
FeLizP
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 740
Send a message via AIM to FeLizP Send a message via Yahoo to FeLizP Send a message via Skype™ to FeLizP

FeLizP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennoman View Post
Here's the better looking pic for Master of Tasks:

Thanks Dennoman. I still haven't unlocked this one yet because I haven't really been playing Ultimate. Now if I can just get my hands on some clear tiles for The Ultimate and Rivals Welcome then I will have all 50 tiles finished. I hate the 360a tiles with their annoying green borders.

Trueachievements has not yet posted all the tiles yet some are still gray, so I can't get them from there. I can only get clear tiles if I have unlocked the achievement and do a copy/paste from my achievements on Xbox.com. So if someone out there with 1000 in this game who's willing to supply me with the other 2 tiles that could help me top this guide off finally.

Last edited by FeLizP; 12-11-2011 at 09:48 PM.
FeLizP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:51 PM   #40
Jakez123
That's so cliché
 
Jakez123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 3,021

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLizP View Post
Thanks Dennoman. I still haven't unlocked this one yet because I haven't really been playing Ultimate. Now if I can just get my hands on some clear tiles for The Ultimate and Rivals Welcome then I will have all 50 tiles finished. I hate the 360a tiles with their annoying green borders.

Trueachievements has not yet posted all the tiles yet some are still gray, so I can't get them from there. I can only get clear tiles if I have unlocked the achievement and do a copy/paste from my achievements on Xbox.com. So if someone out there with 1000 in this game who's willing to supply me with the other 2 tiles that could help me top this guide off finally.
I should be done relatively soon so if i do it i'll paste the images, but one question, how do i get these images and post them here?
__________________
No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite. - Okabe Rintarou
Jakez123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:50 AM   #41
FeLizP
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 740
Send a message via AIM to FeLizP Send a message via Yahoo to FeLizP Send a message via Skype™ to FeLizP

FeLizP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
I should be done relatively soon so if i do it i'll paste the images, but one question, how do i get these images and post them here?

Once you have the full 1000G, log into Xbox.com and go to your Achievements that you have unlocked for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. It will give you the full list of all 50 tiles(with no green border). Move your cursor over the one you wish to Copy and right-click it. There will be an option to copy it, choose copy. Have another internet tab open for 360a and paste it into a post for this thread(by right-clicking and going to paste) so that I may copy/paste it over to my guide.

I need these 2 tiles, the ones you'll have will lack a green border, those are the ones I want.



I'm sure you know how to copy/paste though but if you're using Firefox you can simply open two windows and drag pictures over to your post if you prefer to send them over here to me that way.


Not that hard really.
FeLizP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:43 PM   #42
Jakez123
That's so cliché
 
Jakez123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 3,021

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLizP View Post
Once you have the full 1000G, log into Xbox.com and go to your Achievements that you have unlocked for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. It will give you the full list of all 50 tiles(with no green border). Move your cursor over the one you wish to Copy and right-click it. There will be an option to copy it, choose copy. Have another internet tab open for 360a and paste it into a post for this thread(by right-clicking and going to paste) so that I may copy/paste it over to my guide.

I need these 2 tiles, the ones you'll have will lack a green border, those are the ones I want.



I'm sure you know how to copy/paste though but if you're using Firefox you can simply open two windows and drag pictures over to your post if you prefer to send them over here to me that way.


Not that hard really.
i see, i'll mass play marvel and be done in a day or 2 (or 3)
__________________
No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite. - Okabe Rintarou
Jakez123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:47 PM   #43
Dennoman
 
Dennoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heist-op-den-Berg, Belgium
Posts: 937

dennoman's Gamercard
A small note about the 30 hr turbo boosting: every supposed 99 second match seems to last for at least 3 real life minutes. That's a good thing when grinding for time: the rematch selection and Draw/startup screens only last for roughly 10 seconds total. So you only lose 1 minute of playtime as opposed to real-life time every 6 matches.
__________________
Achievement Hall of Fame


Dennoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:40 PM   #44
Jakez123
That's so cliché
 
Jakez123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 3,021

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Here you go my comrade:



__________________
No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite. - Okabe Rintarou
Jakez123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:03 AM   #45
Dennoman
 
Dennoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heist-op-den-Berg, Belgium
Posts: 937

dennoman's Gamercard
Congrats! I'll probably be finishing on Sunday.
__________________
Achievement Hall of Fame


Dennoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:36 AM   #46
Jakez123
That's so cliché
 
Jakez123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 3,021

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennoman View Post
Congrats! I'll probably be finishing on Sunday.
thanks man, good luck, i assume your missing the 30 hour achievement for online?
__________________
No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite. - Okabe Rintarou
Jakez123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:24 PM   #47
Dennoman
 
Dennoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heist-op-den-Berg, Belgium
Posts: 937

dennoman's Gamercard
Yup. I'm leaving it running at the mo, should be at roughly 25 hours by the end of tonight.

So how do we like the difficulty on this one? I say 8.5 is still just about right.

Edit: results are in from my overnight boosting session by the way. All in all I left it on for a little under 24 hours (23.5 hours if not mistaken) and it added a little over 21 hours. So expect to lose 2 hours on average compared to actual time.
__________________
Achievement Hall of Fame



Last edited by Dennoman; 12-17-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Dennoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:26 AM   #48
OnionKnight14
 
OnionKnight14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 111

onionknight14's Gamercard
i dont know if this was posted or not, but in galactus mode if you use his hyper combo the amount of hits it does should be enough to land you the uncanny combo achievement
__________________
"The only man who makes no mistakes, is the man who does nothing at all"
-Rachel Alucard (BlazBlue Continuum Shift)

OnionKnight14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #49
Xi Bass iX
 
Xi Bass iX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 15
Send a message via AIM to Xi Bass iX

Xi Bass iX's Gamercard
It's funny how I have all of the SSFIV achievements, but I find this to be even harder. I know the challenges were rough, but these are just too damn annoying. Some of the combos you have to do are aren't even worth learning.
Xi Bass iX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:01 AM   #50
Cadak
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1
The easiest way to land an Uncanny combo is just to use Galactus. His hand beams easily pass 100 hits.
Cadak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #51
Roshin
 
Roshin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 29
After roughly +160 hours all achievement's were mine.
Roshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #52
Doopliss SWE
 
Doopliss SWE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 374

doopliss swe's Gamercard
I also got all of 'em after playing a little more than 60 hours. Had to time grind for the 30h ones, especially online. I actually got 30h online before I played 300 online matches...
Doopliss SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #53
FeLizP
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 740
Send a message via AIM to FeLizP Send a message via Yahoo to FeLizP Send a message via Skype™ to FeLizP

FeLizP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Great to see the Achievement Guide finally make its way to the main site. I'd like to thank Plym, Setsuna and most of all, all of you guys in the forums who posted methods for unlocking the achievements.

Don't think I'm done yet. You can bet you'll see me again in the forums for the NEXT major Capcom fighting game coming in early March.
FeLizP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #54
KingBroly
 
KingBroly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 965

KingBroly's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the Arcade/Live Only achievements can be gotten in Heroes and Heralds as well.
__________________
I don't accept Friend Requests without Messages

Completed Games:
TMNT, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (1250), Halo 3 (1750), Fable II (1350), Tomb Raider: Underworld, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (1250), Resident Evil 5 (1300), Tales of Vesperia, Halo 3: ODST, Modern Warfare 2, Bayonetta, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Madden NFL 11, Borderlands (1750), Mass Effect 2 (1355), Sonic Generations
KingBroly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:54 PM.