PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-27-2011, 05:52 AM   #31
ArchTyrant

ArchTyrant's Gamercard
Both BioShocks but 1 over 2. They're two of the few games that I love because of the storyline.

Another two are Red Dead Redemption and Fallout 3.
ArchTyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:53 AM   #32
veece16

Chilled Eclipse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Alan Wake. The best storyline I've played through in a long time. I loved everything about the game.
veece16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:32 AM   #33
GrimSovereignty

Send a message via Skype™ to GrimSovereignty

GrimSovereignty's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
My favorite story line would have to be the Mass Effect storyline just because of the depth and the vast amount of information about the whole mass effect universe, also the backstory is pretty awesome in my opinion, I can't wait for the 3rd game to come up so I can see how it ends.
Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision? - Huey Freeman

GrimSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:43 AM   #34
thomasgeorge

Send a message via AIM to thomasgeorge Send a message via Skype™ to thomasgeorge

FWR Georgie's Gamercard
I think the first Bioshock game's story was really good, the second game wasnt as good but it was ok. I also like the force unleashed story lines just because I LOVE STAR WARS

thomasgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:14 PM   #35
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Oh no guys it's a fanboy! (not really)

Modern Warfare 3 - I think the campaign was great and loved the storyline, I, unlike alot of others, felt like the ending was satisfying.

Guitar Hero III - Is this qualified? I loved it when you rose out of the Underworld in FREAKING WINGED MOTORCYCLES!

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars - Sort of a mystery until the very end. Thought it was better than most GTA storylines.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:46 PM   #36
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

As much as i'd like to add another typical answer, i'm going to say Witcher 1 and 2. The series has an amazing story, interesting characters and combat mechanics to get lost in.

I love Mass Effect, Bioshock, DA: O and other games, but it was an eye opener when i played the Witcher series.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:10 AM   #37
Qonok

Qonok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
For me, I have to go with Metro 2033. Loved the story.

Mass Effect and Bioshock have great stories, also.

Qonok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:23 AM   #38
Echilion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
As much as i'd like to add another typical answer, i'm going to say Witcher 1 and 2. The series has an amazing story, interesting characters and combat mechanics to get lost in.
My brother is visiting, and I finally got a chance to play Witcher 2 on his laptop. It has stolen me away from Skyrim and MGS HD. Amazing game!
Echilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:39 AM   #39
Hazey 4

Gears of war 1,2 and 3, but gears 3 defiantly had an epic storyline to finish of the series. My favourite storyline so far
Hazey 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:02 AM   #40
IN CIMA AL MONDO

Cima al Mondo's Gamercard
Hmm I have a couple that come to mind.

Alan Wake - all around amazing story and great cliff hanger at the end. I really should try the DLC...

Halo Reach - out of all the halo's this is, in my opinion, the only one with an amazing story line. I really felt attached to my Noble Six... I wish I could have changed the outcome. Too bad they ruined the multiplayer.

Dante's Inferno - personally I loved this game and I think it has a story that really captivates the player and I really hope they plan on finishing the trilogy. I bought it day one and still have my action figure.

There are probably more but that is all that comes to mind now.
IN CIMA AL MONDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:47 PM   #41
kellyyy

xx vampirate x's Gamercard
Smile

conker, live & reloaded (:
because it was a good game, it was fun to play, you could have a laugh whilst playing, and i think the grim reaper idea was good
kellyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:59 PM   #42
mpleeds

mpleeds's Gamercard
Bioshock and Bioshock 2.

I'm a philosophy professor and found the stories and characters in these games useful in lectures.
mpleeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:46 AM   #43
Hiigarian

Otseg0's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpleeds View Post
Bioshock and Bioshock 2.

I'm a philosophy professor and found the stories and characters in these games useful in lectures.
Now that's an epic example how videogames can be used for something educational every now and then. Well done, kudos for you

My favorite storyline... I guess it has to be Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed and - Homeworld. That game was absolutely brilliant in every segment, and the story delivery was nothing less than superb.

100% Retail: 3 // 100% Arcade: 1 // 100% WP7: 4
Hiigarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:02 AM   #44
DEG23
Waiting for 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I'm very critical when it comes to video game stories so there aren't many that i can say were flawless, but Bioshock 1 came close, mainly because of the context and psychology surrounding the backstory.

RDR was another good story, again because of the backstory and character of John Marston.

My favourite story would have to be ME1 only because once i reached Ilos, i refused the turn the console off until i finished, never before had i been hooked to a game's story to a point where i ended up going to bed at 5am.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:15 AM   #45
Ostrowski

Are You My Dady's Gamercard
My favorite is Alan Wake, I thought the story line was amazing and the gameplay itself was so intense especially on nightmare difficulty. The add ons were really short though

Before alan wake final fantasy 7 was my favorite
Ostrowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:27 AM   #46
TAILSxTHExF0X

xTails The Fox's Gamercard
Favorite story line, huh?

Well the Modern Warfare series was pretty good, as well as the Elder Scrolls.

But the one that has keep me entertained though out the years, and still does, is Sonic the Hedgehog .
Old 11-29-2011, 03:00 PM   #47
CyberPunch83

CyberPunch83's Gamercard

Fallout 3 had a very good story, the Halo series is generally known for having good stories with not a lot of BS or filler crap, and I would go out on a limb to say Dead Space was good, if a little flimsy at times. It certainly kept me interested.

50k achieved 10/10/2011
100k achieved 7/3/2014
Achievement: Wheelie God (20G) - Ride to Hell: Retribution

GTA Online Rank (7/31/2014) 96

Games 100%: 85
Latest: LEGO Marvel

Working on:
World of Tanks (520/600)
GTA V (890/1000)
Jumper (starting soon)
CyberPunch83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:08 PM   #48
xKRAIZEEMANx

xKRAIZEEMANx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
In no particular order, and off the top of my head....
The Assassin's Creed series.
Red Dead Redemption.
The Fallout series.

xKRAIZEEMANx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:20 PM   #49
terminallyCapricious

Spider RedNight's Gamercard
As a big Batman fan-person, I thoroughly enjoyed the stories of both Arkham Asylum and Arkham City; just being in a dark, gritty yet not purposefully frightening environment really threw me into the story.

Oh, and, of course, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, all that fun stuff.

I'll be one to point out that Bioware was also amazing enough to make Knights of the Old Republic. I know it wasn't for everyone, but it was a simple story line that was made a bit more complex; albeit, it became more complex in the "Star Wars" sense of things, but it still made you feel like you were in character.

I hope I replied right, for me there's a fine line between good story line and favourite game, so I tend to cross from one side to the other without realizing. xD
terminallyCapricious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #50
EMP

MaGiC MaN TJ's Gamercard

Fallout 3 I liked, as well as the Gears & Cod trilogy. I did enjoy Bioshocks story too. I also loved the Batman AA story line. I gotta buy the new Batman.

→The Xbox One is freakin Awesome ←
All generalizations are false, including this one.
~ Xbox One | Day One ~
EMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:43 AM   #51
ShinSevenX

Send a message via MSN to ShinSevenX Send a message via Yahoo to ShinSevenX Send a message via Skype™ to ShinSevenX

Shin Seven X's Gamercard
Hm....Final Fantasy VII, I haven't met a gamer alive that didn't want to beat the crap out of Sephiroth after he killed Aerith.

Also, I like the Kingdom Hearts storyline, as much as I can figure of it.

On The X Box 360...I would have to say I liked Batman: Arkham Asylum's story because...it was quintessential Batman. You were Batman, You needed to get through and save Gotham. The intrigue, the stealth takedowns, the villains who just hated Batman....everything was really well developed I think. It really felt like the developers knew the Batman mythos and stayed as true to it as they could.
ShinSevenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:44 AM   #52
CONKER1182
Banned User

CONKER1182's Gamercard

Drivers 1 and 2 because it felt like as if I was the undercover cop in the game.
CONKER1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:11 AM   #53
Basser182

basser182's Gamercard
I've gotta say, my favourite storylines have to be from Persona 3 and Persona 4 last gen. Superb characters, many plottwists and 50+ hours for the first playthrough per game.

As for this generation, I think I go with Lost Odyssey and Mass Effect. The first one, because I already loved the older Final Fantasies from 4 to 10, and the second one was a no brainer for me, as I'm a big Star Wars-fan. Just love the immersion of a big universe to explore, meet new characters and races and fight against one or two antagonists, which are about to destroy the entire universe.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:59 AM   #54
J20 P1TB0Y

J20 P1TB0Y's Gamercard
Mafia 2-

One of the best game i've played in a while, it got hit because it was short and after you finished there was nothing to do but the story was fantastic and was a blast to play

Alan Wake-

I rented this last summmer, i heard good things but i got addicted to it great gameplay and a great story i'm looking forward to buying it.
J20 P1TB0Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:02 AM   #55
Ghosty McGoo

Ghosty McGoo's Gamercard
GoW has an amazing story line
Ghosty McGoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #56
ProSkill

iSnipe4TheLulz's Gamercard
Dragon Age Origins

10/28/11 40,000 GS- Mental Athlete Batman AA
12/19/11 50,000 GS- Deadhead World at War
02/19/12 60,000 GS- Bo-Duke-En Saints Row The Third
ProSkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:03 AM   #57
destrux408

BigPerm 408's Gamercard
Red Dead Redemption - It made me want to see what is going to happen next.

destrux408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #58
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Bioshock and Red Dead Redemption were two of the best games I've ever played because of the way the story is told. Loved them!

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:12 PM   #59
ofay

Nopunchespulled's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Bioshock, portal 2, Alan Wake and Red Dead. All have amazing storys
ofay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:29 PM   #60
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N7 Shadow View Post
Mass Effect series. I'm pretty obsessed with it lol I just love the concept. A Sci-Fi adventure that allows you to explore the galaxy meeting different alien races, built relationships with them and with your crew, making good/evil choices that can have a bigger impact than you would normally think, and preparing for a war against an advanced race of machines that determines the fate of the galaxy. What makes it so great is being able to choose how it all plays out. Can't wait for March to see how "my" story turns out lol

well put, mass effect will always hold a special place in my heart. i just think its such a unique game, every fan has their own personal relationship with "their" shepard. and the fact that decisions carry over to your next game, is pretty amazing.

a close second for me, would be my all-time favorite Halo series. i started off with halo2 and loved playing the campaign + multiplayer. for me nothing campares to playing master chief. my personal favorite challenge is to do legendary missions without dying, gives a great sense of "oohh i kicked your ass!"
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote