PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Subscribe    Donate
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Quick links
Latest news
Jul 20, 2015 Let's Play Live - It's Metal Gear Monday With MGS 3: Snake Eater!
Mar 31, 2015 Metal Gear Solid Movie in the Works at Sony Pictures
Aug 21, 2013 Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Ghost Recon DLC & More on Sale
Aug 08, 2012 Metal Gear Solid HD Releases Coming Separately to Games on Demand
Jan 23, 2012 Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Launch Trailer Stealth Attack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
konvict1
 
konvict1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 40

Gamertag: Konvict1
Talking MGS 5 Announced!!! - Dont know if all platforms yet

this news made my day, hopefully they include it on xbox
heres some articles

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...confirmed.aspx

http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/201...-need-to-know/
__________________
I like Cake

add me for boosting in general.
working on : Bioshock 2
konvict1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
ColdSpider72
 
ColdSpider72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North Port, Fl
Posts: 2,004

Gamertag: ColdSpider72

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I'm not sure why he would bother going through the trouble of porting the old games to the 360 if he wasn't also planning on providing future titles for it as well.
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:00 PM   #3
REDEMPTIONDENIED
 
REDEMPTIONDENIED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 170

Gamertag: redemtiondenied
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun72 View Post
I'm not sure why he would bother going through the trouble of porting the old games to the 360 if he wasn't also planning on providing future titles for it as well.
And putting MGS: Rising on 360 too.
REDEMPTIONDENIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:47 AM   #4
The Bum-Mobile
 
The Bum-Mobile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 1,068

Gamertag: Mr Shenanigans

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I agree, the evidence that Kojima wants to go multi-platform is obvious. Though if it was to be PS3 only for some reason, I thing I'd have to bite for a PS3. As of right now, MGS4 is the only Metal Gear game I haven't played, and I'm gonna have to eventually.
__________________

The Bum-Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:09 PM   #5
BosmaniaK
 
BosmaniaK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 378

Gamertag: Bosmaniak
in an interview he mentioned the Fox Engine, with which they can create games faster and easier, for multiple platforms.
and yes, he also said that in the future he/KP/Konami will release across all platforms and so MGS5 will most likely be on X360 (or next gen) too
BosmaniaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:40 AM   #6
Kaiyo
 
Kaiyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 3,503

Gamertag: KaiyoOrganiz000

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Holy crap, I never expected a MGS 5. I expected Rising to come then they port MGS 4 to the Xbox 360 or the new Xbox and add trophies to the PS3 version.....
__________________
PSN ID - Twitter - Raptr - Youtube - Twitch - BF4 Battlelog - XBL
PS4,PS3,PS Vita Platniums(11) - Full Achievements for Games(X360,X1,Microsoft related) Completed(19)
Kaiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:15 AM   #7
jedi420j
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 306

Gamertag: jedi420j
Possibly a timed exclusive for the PS3 and then after a few months on the 360?? Either way it's amazing to be able to play this series on the xbox!!
jedi420j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:52 AM   #8
blee717
 
blee717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 1,066

Gamertag: o Blee x
Already can't wait. BRING IT ON!
__________________

"CoD doesn't stand for Call of Duty, it stands for Camp or Die"
-Serjio Duarte (Anvil Gate)-

"The new Dante looks like he just walked out of a gay Twilight movie"
-Me-
"Or worse, Taintlight"
-Serjio Duarte (Anvil Gate)-
blee717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:32 PM   #9
Daniel55645
 
Daniel55645's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 511
Send a message via Yahoo to Daniel55645

Gamertag: daniel55645
its actually MGS5 and it's not talking about rising? SWEET!!!. he said 4 was going to be the last one though but im happy. MGS is the best game ever
__________________
Xbox 360 1000/1000: 178
Xbox One 1000/1000: 22

Daniel55645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:50 PM   #10
HellspawnRei
 
HellspawnRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Greece
Posts: 754

Gamertag: HellspawnRei

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth (Retired)   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Since MGS is selling he will continue making games till he dies...
__________________



HellspawnRei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:05 PM   #11
BosmaniaK
 
BosmaniaK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 378

Gamertag: Bosmaniak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel55645 View Post
its actually MGS5 and it's not talking about rising? SWEET!!!. he said 4 was going to be the last one though but im happy. MGS is the best game ever
he also said 3 was his last. wouldn't be surpised if he said MGS2 and MGS1 were his last back in the day.

He also didn't work on Peace Walker...for a (short) while...


Quote:
Originally Posted by HellspawnRei View Post
Since MGS is selling he will continue making games till he dies...
I don't think money is the main reason he makes games. if it was, he would make the games more accessable, but he still makes MGS the way HE wants it, and not what the majority of gamers want.
You can see he puts his heart and everything he has into the games, I don't think he'll make a new MGS when he doesn't have inspiration.
BosmaniaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:23 PM   #12
HellspawnRei
 
HellspawnRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Greece
Posts: 754

Gamertag: HellspawnRei

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth (Retired)   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BosmaniaK View Post
he also said 3 was his last. wouldn't be surpised if he said MGS2 and MGS1 were his last back in the day.

He also didn't work on Peace Walker...for a (short) while...




I don't think money is the main reason he makes games. if it was, he would make the games more accessable, but he still makes MGS the way HE wants it, and not what the majority of gamers want.
You can see he puts his heart and everything he has into the games, I don't think he'll make a new MGS when he doesn't have inspiration.
Nope, everything he does is for money.He stated that 4 was the last from him.And that he would leave MGS series.If you played all the MG games you would see theres a downfall.
Money makes the world go round my friend...
__________________



HellspawnRei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:02 PM   #13
BosmaniaK
 
BosmaniaK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 378

Gamertag: Bosmaniak
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellspawnRei View Post
Nope, everything he does is for money.He stated that 4 was the last from him.And that he would leave MGS series.If you played all the MG games you would see theres a downfall.
Money makes the world go round my friend...
Downfall?

MGS - classic
MGS2 - worst MGS
MGS 3 - classic
MGS4 - great

there's no downfall, Only MGS2 was dissapointing.

anyway, what the hell are we talking about? we haven't seen anything from MGS5 yet. we'll only know it's good when we play it in 1-2 years.
BosmaniaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:54 PM   #14
Echilion
 
Echilion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 912

Kojima said:

Quote:
"I think we'll probably have to make it at some point, but what that will be, we have no idea."
Echilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:33 PM   #15
linus614
 
linus614's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Killumbus, Ohio
Posts: 303

Gamertag: l LINUS l
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel55645 View Post
its actually MGS5 and it's not talking about rising? SWEET!!!. he said 4 was going to be the last one though but im happy. MGS is the best game ever
He said 4 was going to be the last one HE had anything to do with.
__________________
linus614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:36 PM   #16
linus614
 
linus614's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Killumbus, Ohio
Posts: 303

Gamertag: l LINUS l
Quote:
Originally Posted by BosmaniaK View Post
Downfall?

MGS - classic
MGS2 - worst MGS
MGS 3 - classic
MGS4 - great

there's no downfall, Only MGS2 was dissapointing.

anyway, what the hell are we talking about? we haven't seen anything from MGS5 yet. we'll only know it's good when we play it in 1-2 years.
How was MGS2 the worst one? If anything it opened up a whole new story arc. If you say because of Raiden prepare for a swift kick in the dick my friend.
__________________
linus614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:59 PM   #17
blee717
 
blee717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 1,066

Gamertag: o Blee x
Quote:
Originally Posted by linus614 View Post
How was MGS2 the worst one? If anything it opened up a whole new story arc. If you say because of Raiden prepare for a swift kick in the dick my friend.


I think this was mostly the case of all the complaints. "Oh no we only got to play as Snake in the prologue so this game automatically sucks." It's like saying Crysis 2 sucks because you play as Alcatraz and not Nomad. Changing the protagonist doesn't make a great game suck.
__________________

"CoD doesn't stand for Call of Duty, it stands for Camp or Die"
-Serjio Duarte (Anvil Gate)-

"The new Dante looks like he just walked out of a gay Twilight movie"
-Me-
"Or worse, Taintlight"
-Serjio Duarte (Anvil Gate)-
blee717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:10 AM   #18
BosmaniaK
 
BosmaniaK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 378

Gamertag: Bosmaniak
Quote:
Originally Posted by linus614 View Post
How was MGS2 the worst one? If anything it opened up a whole new story arc. If you say because of Raiden prepare for a swift kick in the dick my friend.
it's not (just) because of Raiden. the whole setting and characters just appeal the least to me in comparison to other MGS
BosmaniaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:27 AM.