PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #1
Agusta1

Agusta1's Gamercard
The Library Plot Hole.

Here is Proof that bungie hates the fans.

>343 guilty spark
>Can teleport anywhere on Installation 04
>Cortana uses teleport to get you on the truth and reconciliation.

So please explain to me, why the fuck do they make you go through the torture of the Library on legendary when the little bastard could just teleport you to the index chamber and save a whole lotta headache?

Check Out my Shitty Videos On Youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/44Yuri44...4?feature=mhum
Agusta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:09 PM   #2
Teh Phantomz

l The Phantom l's Gamercard
Because he is a little shit and enjoys playing games, bet that when he leaves you he is on facebook chatting to his fellow monitors.

Party time Party time Party time Party time Party time Party time

We all just need a little bit of Sunshine in our lives.

Teh Phantomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:15 PM   #3
Agusta1

Agusta1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Phantomz View Post
Because he is a little shit and enjoys playing games, bet that when he leaves you he is on facebook chatting to his fellow monitors.

343 Guilty Spark Says: Just leading this reclaimer through a flood infested library. Taking a facebook break while I'm at it XD

2401 Penitent Tangent Likes this

Cortana Says: ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?

Old 11-19-2011, 03:15 PM   #4
Int3rnalF3ar

Krayzie OutKast's Gamercard
Because that wouldn't make for much of a game, right? If every possibility was explored, we'd have a 1 hour campaign, cause Cortana would just teleport Chief everywhere.

1200/1200 Halo Wars
1700/1700 Halo: Reach
1000/1000 Halo: CE Anniversary
1000/1000 Halo 2 (PC)
1000/1000 Halo 3: ODST
1750/1750 Halo 3
250/250 Halo: Spartan Assault (Windows 8)
250/250 Halo: Spartan Assault (Windows Phone)
400/400 Halo: Spartan Assault (Xbox 360)
1000/1000 Halo: Spartan Assault (Xbox One)
2000/2000 Halo 4

491/491 total achievements unlocked.
Int3rnalF3ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:17 PM   #5
Agusta1

Agusta1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Int3rnalF3ar View Post
Because that wouldn't make for much of a game, right? If every possibility was explored, we'd have a 1 hour campaign, cause Cortana would just teleport Chief everywhere.
Well If Guilty Spark followed protocol to the degree, you think he would be logical enough to get John as quickly as possible to the Index to combat the flood before they did something?

Old 11-19-2011, 03:29 PM   #6
TF003

TerrorFlame003's Gamercard
I guess that the elevators has to stand at the correct height before the index can "unlock"
TF003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:39 PM   #7
Blarghinator

Budda Kupp's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
correct me if im wrong but but both cortana and 343 guilty spark says it is very dangerous for them to teleport someone else... that fixes the plot hole.

Entered Alabama's Top Ten On June 26, 2012
Passed Number 9 on July 1, 2012
Passed Number 8 on July 13, 2012
Passed Number 7 on August 8, 2012
Passed Number 6 on September 29, 2012
You're next DefEdge
Blarghinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #8
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarghinator View Post
correct me if im wrong but but both cortana and 343 guilty spark says it is very dangerous for them to teleport someone else... that fixes the plot hole.
and I coulda sworn I've heard something along the lines of the energy barrier around the index actually disrupting the teleportation grid. That also would explain why he couldnt just poof him down right there.
RBmaster9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:33 PM   #9
Concord Dawn

Concord Dawn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agusta1 View Post
Here is Proof that bungie hates the fans.

>343 guilty spark
>Can teleport anywhere on Installation 04
>Cortana uses teleport to get you on the truth and reconciliation.

So please explain to me, why the fuck do they make you go through the torture of the Library on legendary when the little bastard could just teleport you to the index chamber and save a whole lotta headache?

Maybe 343 is testing Chief
Concord Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:45 PM   #10
B0seiju

b0seiju's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concord Dawn View Post
I second this, the reclaimer has to be tested by the monitor of the Halo.
At one point they find another marine which was the previous reclaimer. In on of the books it's described as extraordinary because he cleared half the library full of flood despite being a normal marine.
B0seiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:48 PM   #11
Dark Splank

Dark Splank's Gamercard
Quote:
True, at the end of Two Betrayals.
Dark Splank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #12
MangledRex

MangledRex's Gamercard
Protocol?

He is quite the stickler for it

MangledRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:26 PM   #13
SuperSkyline89

SuperSkyline89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concord Dawn View Post
This.

He says so while you're in the Library. Master Chief wasn't the first one Spark tested, that's what all those dead marines are doing in there. They failed the test so weren't worthy of being the Reclaimer, Chief passed and got the Index.

And if you just want a real world reason, because it would make a shitty game. If you find actually playing through a level a pain in the ass it's probably not the game for you.
I'm boycotting EA because they butchered the Need for Speed series and refused Turn 10 the Porsche license. Kinect earned the second spot on this list with an achievement in Forza 4 and exclusive features in non-Kinect-Exclusive games like Halo Anniversary.

Forza 4 Flickr Page
SuperSkyline89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:14 AM   #14
Agusta1

Agusta1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSkyline89 View Post
This.

He says so while you're in the Library. Master Chief wasn't the first one Spark tested, that's what all those dead marines are doing in there. They failed the test so weren't worthy of being the Reclaimer, Chief passed and got the Index.

And if you just want a real world reason, because it would make a shitty game. If you find actually playing through a level a pain in the ass it's probably not the game for you.
Playing through the library on normal for the first time. No.

Playing through the Library on Legendary for the first time. No

Playing through the Library on Legendary for the 2nd time 10 years after Halo CE came out. No.

Playing through a 3rd time for a 25g achievement. Yes. It is a fucking pain in the ass. Especially considering how much universal hatred the level has.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:18 AM   #15
Teh Phantomz

l The Phantom l's Gamercard
I am actually a lot more confused playing the Anniversary library then playing the CE Library.

Party time Party time Party time Party time Party time Party time

We all just need a little bit of Sunshine in our lives.

Teh Phantomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:04 AM   #16
dragonhawk237

OutForADrink's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Phantomz View Post
I am actually a lot more confused playing the Anniversary library then playing the CE Library.
I just followed the arrows on the ground that tell you which way to go. It's also much easier now that it's not being played on a CRT TV.
dragonhawk237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:02 PM   #17
Colby

iRush God's Gamercard
Quote:
Yes i remember cortana saying "lets try this only once". The monitor probably thought that master chief wouldnt have been able to handle it.
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:29 PM   #18
StressedBrit

Mr TehLegend's Gamercard
It's not a plot hole. It's just Bungie giving you the oppurtunity to explore most of the level back in 2001.

Look at it this way:
If you were originally confined to only a small section of "The Library", but you saw how massive it was when you get The Activation Index, then you'd be spending all your time trying to glitch the game, just to explore "The Library" more, if you had a level of OCD comparable to other Halo players.

You know how long it took for someone to do the "Tower 2 Tower" challenge on the "Halo" level? 7 years! Imagine spending that amount of time, or more, to explore "The Library" if you were only confined to one part of it?!

"The Libary" is kind of a double edged sword. On the one hand, most players hate it because of how repetitive it is. But on the other hand, if it were just another linear "point A to point B" level, you'd be b*tching as to why Bungie didn't originally open it up more. Bungie simply saved you the time in doing that.

Last edited by StressedBrit; 11-20-2011 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Fixing spelling errors because of my fast typing, lol
StressedBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:27 PM   #19
FN 5 77

I just want to throw this out there, the upgraded skins in the Library look amazing. 343 really breathed new life into those dark bland boring corridors of the Library...

...and Yes, I still hate that level with a burning passion. A true test of patience and will.
FN 5 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:07 PM   #20
ajennice

ajennice00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I like how the defense monitors have to lase a floor spore/seed for 10 minutes to kill it, but can wipe you our in no time flat...

everygame will have plot holes... If there was more logic and reason to every game.. there would be no games..

I mean without plot holes, I'd of finished dead island in 2 minutes... Ran out of the shed, grabbed a boat from the beach and paddeled my ass out of there...LOL

Here's a good plot hole.. REACH -preguel to HAlo CE... But in Reach, you can get armor lock, sprint, jet pack...etc. yet on the following 3 installments, they're pick up items. Same for the battle rifle..... A jet pack and BR on CE would of made it alot easier...LOL....
ajennice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:59 PM   #21
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Madhatters13
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
343 guilty spark is a descendant of GLADOS :0

At the very beginning of the level, Spark is under the assumption that the index floor is on the lowest level hence why you start off on the ground floor. However like most Sci-Fi stories, teleportation requires a massive amount of energy and after each jump there is usually a cool down period, so it is likely they couldn't simply teleport due to this. Although an explaination from Bungie would have been nice, but after 10 years i'm not holding my breath.
DEG23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:04 AM   #22
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze
Elephant in the room is this. Why are the flood living on the superweapon which wiped out all for life years in the first place?

Gigantic plot hole, which makes the entire trilogies plot make no sense.
Merch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:10 AM   #23
Agusta1

Agusta1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
Elephant in the room is this. Why are the flood living on the superweapon which wiped out all for life years in the first place?

Gigantic plot hole, which makes the entire trilogies plot make no sense.
They weren't living on the ring. It's explained in the terminals.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:40 PM   #24
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agusta1 View Post
They weren't living on the ring. It's explained in the terminals.
The rings were designed to destroy all organic tissue when fired, the flood in the labs should have been destroyed in the purge.
Merch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:04 PM   #25
mentaljason

Mental Jay's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I like how when you get the Index, Guilty Spark takes it and basically says "I have to take it because you might get infected before we reach the control room", and then he teleports you right to the control room and gives it back